Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 08:06:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 108 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [TOR] Torcoin - X11 PoW - Tor Integrated Crypto - Torcoin.org  (Read 125291 times)
ruevop

Activity: 9
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:40:03 AM

the behavior of some in the forum is really sad. i just want to read some news about torcoin but every time there are tons of new useless posts. i mean, maybe there was an issue with carsen in the past but meanwhile everyone should have noticed it. i don't really care about it, in this thread he admits that not every single of his decisions was right.
just ask yourself: you're proud of everything you've ever done? i'm not!

Ask yourself, why accounts with little to none post history (like you) keep appearing to protect carsen? Maybe because they are sock puppet accounts? Keep scamming carsen

thank you sir, so you have confirmed my theory...it is simple enviousness (i hope google translator gave me the right word)!
ruevop

Activity: 9

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 08:57:23 AM

the behavior of some in the forum is really sad. i just want to read some news about torcoin but every time there are tons of new useless posts. i mean, maybe there was an issue with carsen in the past but meanwhile everyone should have noticed it. i don't really care about it, in this thread he admits that not every single of his decisions was right.

Ask yourself, why accounts with little to none post history (like you) keep appearing to protect carsen? Maybe because they are sock puppet accounts? Keep scamming carsen

My email was registered as usscfounder@tormail.org

I lost my login when the FBI snatched the tormail servers in 2013.

bitcointalk can verify that my email was on tormail

Yes carse....Sorry...Usscfounder or whatever...Sure thing, we believe whatever you say to keep this scam going Wink

hey, WTF? i am not carsen! i am a german user, u can see my previous posts are in german language....and this is made with help of google translator!!!

until now I was not clear what I should think about this whole discussion but now you've taken all of my skepticism.
in my opinion you're just envious hater and you will keep hating!
Fuck you!
barota

Activity: 1176
Merit: 286

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:09:34 AM

stop dump you will Kill this coin
trumpman

Activity: 914
Merit: 299

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:33:39 AM

My email was registered as usscfounder@tormail.org

I lost my login when the FBI snatched the tormail servers in 2013.

bitcointalk can verify that my email was on tormail

Yes carse....Sorry...Usscfounder or whatever...Sure thing, we believe whatever you say to keep this scam going Wink

hey, WTF? i am not carsen! i am a german user, u can see my previous posts are in german language....and this is made with help of google translator!!!

until now I was not clear what I should think about this whole discussion but now you've taken all of my skepticism.
in my opinion you're just envious hater and you will keep hating!
Fuck you!

In the off chance I am wrong, and you are not one of carsen sock puppets, too bad you are just a poor bag holder  that fell for this scam. Better luck next time Sad
trumpman

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:34:48 AM

stop dump you will Kill this coin

This coin was dead from the beginning. Fortunately the TOR people were fast and denounced this shit and not many people were scammed
trumpman

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 09:56:34 AM

One final note to explain to anyone thinking to invest in this shit coin why it's dead and by "dead" I mean fucking DEAD:

The TOR guys already denounced torcoin and asked the logo and name to be changed. TheTORCoin guy (who in my opinion is carsen) acted like a baby and said no, "I am keeping both the name and the logo" and said something along the lines"They can try to sue me I am untouchable". This means two things:
a) Even if there was a chance before that the TOR guys would to do a collab with the torcoin in any way (e.g. even if that required a change in name & logo) the dev has now burned all bridges by being a huge asshole.
b) Even if the dev is untouchable to sueing as he claims, the TOR guys can simply send a cease and desist to all exchanges trading TORCOIN, based on copyright infrigiment. And since thetorcoin dev wants to be an asshole and infringe on copyrights on purpose and doesn't back up, this is probably what's coming next

barota

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 10:43:28 AM
Last edit: April 23, 2017, 11:21:42 AM by barota

barota

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:15:18 AM

trumpman i agree with you tor coin dead from the beginning

carsen His task is dumping
yesterday tor coin 0.0018 today 0.0007 tommorow 0.0003 for sur
the price up 0.0012 She will never return

Profit from the beginning

I sold today tor coin I'm in loss

Who has tor coin Sell it

I regret investing in this shit currency
this coin its a shit  Angry Angry Angry

rickgejr

Activity: 251
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 11:42:25 AM

I don't see a problem with the name Torcoin. Only "TOR" is probably copy written. And the onion logo. That logo could be adjusted to placate the Tor folks. No biggie.

The point is, if this thing has staying power, is better than DASH, Monero, Bitcoin etc., well then, what then?

The premine is not a problem. Devs and founders don't work for free, I'm told.

In fact, like Smooth (Monero Dev and Aeon Dev), if the founder stays dark and is legit, the coin is that much less vulnerable to humint.

Thus far, the Torcoin wallet is working great for me.

What's more, the PoW and PoS model, under the privacy of Tor, might be the best of all crypto-worlds.

I'm betting Dash, Monero, Aeon and even Cloakcoin, are currently ignoring this coin.

So you think somebody can make a cocacolacoin? I mean only "Coca-Cola" is probably copywritten...

The price is going to shit and guess what? Carsen announced on ccex that he is coming next week with a new coin... It's a pity, he didn't have enough time to make a lot money with this shitty coin.

As far as I know, Tor never filed for a copyright on "Torcoin." If that is the case, then the name "Torcoin" is free game. Tor means "a hill or rocky peak" and you cannot copyright words.

Coca Cola is a pretty unique name. If I created Coca Cola Coin, then I might have problems. But CocaCoin or Colacoin would not be a problem.

However, the onion logo copy might be copyright infringement. For that reason alone legitimate exchanges might refrain from trading Torcoin. That is a simple fix, however.
rickgejr

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:06:12 PM

If "kingcarsen" creates a clone of "Torcoin" using a 1% premine for example, it may not help his trust problems.

And yes, he may be "thetorcoin" guy as well.

In any event, if this coin earns it rep, through all of this noise, none of this discussion will matter.

Dash was premined. Bitcoin, was premined, in a sense.

In the end, it's just the code and the support behind it.

I want to see if this thing takes off, even given the creator's penchant for being a bit brazen.

rickgejr

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 12:22:13 PM

From Tor Project Inc., website:

"We hold two trademarks in the United States:

Tor Onion Logo, U.S. Trademark Registration No. 3,465,433
    Tor, U.S. Registration No. 3,465,432."

Source: https://www.torproject.org/docs/trademark-faq.html.en

Meaning "Tor" is not trademarked, IMO.

But the onion logo is.

(Please Note: Not all countries honor US trademarks. If "thetorcoin" is not a US citizen or from a country that does not reciprocate, he has a point -- even if it ticks everyone off. But this does not help the sour stomach at US based exchanges or those exchanges in countries which honor US laws. If this becomes a darknet go-to coin, and ignores these laws, the price might just climb anyway.)
Tomason

Activity: 85

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:05:38 PM

A lot of turbulence in this place, but also a lot of strength.

I have not sold my Torcoins although I have perhaps exaggerated buying it.
I believe in this project and, although the team seen not very professional in many aspects
I have also trusted the team. I regret Carsen's decision because he is the one who must deal
with growth and maintenance the Torcoin because he is the great father.

Maybe I lose in this matter but I will not sell my Torcoin!! — Torcoin is the perfect name
becouse that's how it was born and is totally legal and orderly despite the confusion that
is generating all this fear and mistrust.

The current logo sucks and can easily be replaced by a simpler and more professional one
that offers a clear message., it is not mandatory to use a damn onion.

Much here still lamenting are totally interested in the project because it is a great idea
and can be of benefit for many of us — so that more than fuck the balls be patient and hopefully,
look for solutions rather than cry. In everything you win and you lose.
Let's be of help and do not fuck the balls!!! Anyway this site can help https://www.fiverr.com/  Shocked
trumpman

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:14:13 PM

But the onion logo is.

(Please Note: Not all countries honor US trademarks. If "thetorcoin" is not a US citizen or from a country that does not reciprocate, he has a point -- even if it ticks everyone off. But this does not help the sour stomach at US based exchanges or those exchanges in countries which honor US laws. If this becomes a darknet go-to coin, and ignores these laws, the price might just climb anyway.)

Can you even read what you are copy pasting?
Crypthorium

Activity: 26

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 01:57:04 PM

in summary this is what we call TOR COIN EPIC of carsen lol.
jelma

Activity: 717

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:01:50 PM

I look at chart c-cex this coin price up significant
9rjWkP

Activity: 12

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:04:47 PM

omg never saw this coming...
you know what...
i'm not angry, because i sold half of my coins in the first pump (because, why not  Grin the price wass above my expectation and i was happy)
i made 5times or 6times profit i didn't calculate (because i'm a new and bad trader...sorry...just using pocket money)
the second half seems worthless now, but i gained a lot in total.
so you know what,
might be arrogant to say that,
but maybe everyone should learn from me.
if you think something is scam (actually i never thought about torcoin and quite like the idea), anyway if you have doubts about it, buy low and sell immediately at the first pump. gain some profit and go invest some well-established coins.
since carsen is going to announce a new coin, now do you guys know what to do? Cool
and in fact, i just joined bitcointalk recently, engaged most in torcoin because i really like the idea. you guys really disappointed me Cry
rickgejr

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:05:51 PM

But the onion logo is.

Can you even read what you are copy pasting?

You don't seem to grasp the subject matter. A name or word can be registered, trademarked, but not copyrighted. It is highly unusual for an English word, such as "tor" to be refused use to others for their business or in conversation etc.

The word tor has been in use for about 217 years, in many languages.

The only problem is the use of "Torcoin" in conjunction with the onion logo. An easy problem to solve.

Additionally, the Announcement clearly states that this coin is not associated with the Tor Project.

It is certainly edgy advertising, but once the word gets out, easy to remedy. Clever marketing, actually.

In fact, per Google:

"Trademark infringement is the unauthorized use of a trademark or service mark (or a substantially similar mark) on competing or related goods and services. The success of a lawsuit to stop the infringement turns on whether the defendant's use causes a likelihood of confusion in the average consumer."

I would argue that the average Cryptocurrency consumer is not confused that this coin is related to the Tor Project.

rickgejr

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:22:24 PM

One final note to explain to anyone thinking to invest in this shit coin why it's dead and by "dead" I mean fucking DEAD:

The TOR guys already denounced torcoin and asked the logo and name to be changed. TheTORCoin guy (who in my opinion is carsen) acted like a baby and said no, "I am keeping both the name and the logo" and said something along the lines"They can try to sue me I am untouchable". This means two things:
a) Even if there was a chance before that the TOR guys would to do a collab with the torcoin in any way (e.g. even if that required a change in name & logo) the dev has now burned all bridges by being a huge asshole.
b) Even if the dev is untouchable to sueing as he claims, the TOR guys can simply send a cease and desist to all exchanges trading TORCOIN, based on copyright infrigiment. And since thetorcoin dev wants to be an asshole and infringe on copyrights on purpose and doesn't back up, this is probably what's coming next

Please provide the link showing that the Tor Project, Inc., "denounced torcoin."

Not the last "torcoin," but this one.
garciaor2002

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:39:03 PM

Dev, what is next for this coin?
garciaor2002

Activity: 144
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 02:40:18 PM

Should I hold or sell?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 ... 108 »
  Print  

Jump to: