Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 10:49:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371102 times)
Pierre 2
Legendary

Activity: 2422
Merit: 1358

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 05:59:36 PM

When bittrex support comes i will buy this coin.
I think it can be better, lot better than expected.
taxmanmt5
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1024

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:04:14 PM

Is dev trying for other exchanges ?

One of the devs I work with is working on a "credit rating" system for some of the Bitcoin world.  It would involve a wallet holder getting a unique ID, like a SSN.  That user can then have another person that is giving them a loan or doing business include that ID in the data text of the TX.

CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:24:43 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2017, 08:00:04 PM by CCRevolution

Hello Everyone! I am trying to get back into the swing of things after my travels and not being well. Updates will come but the website is first priority for me while the Dev Team is getting better organized for the (growing and coming) list of tasks. So, yes I am doing as much as possible each day to get the website finished, but like so many other days, things come up that end up taking a few hours to sort out, such as the following which is why I am making this post:

Earlier today there was a small misunderstanding that lead to some peoples feelings being hurt on the Slack and I would like to take a moment to apologize.

To start, the topic of conversation was from a couple members wanting to point out that there was an ICO with XtraBYtes, which was initially brought up as a side topic from the 100 XBY fee (which we have addressed more than once and will eventually be reduced but for now it is to help development costs).

To set the record straight: the ICO for XBY occurred in January of 2017 and this is where our story begins. If you do not already know our story, please take a few days to learn because the reading you will do as a potential investor or a current investor will help you make correct decisions that can potentially change your financial life forever. This is a very serious project with clear intentions to change the crytpocurrency world with a new technology, method of usage and consensus mechanism.

To clarify: the ICO for XBY was done under the name Bitmox. That project failed and would have been removed from the C-CEX exchange because there was almost ZERO volume leading up to the point that I connected with Borzalom who had already started the process of trying to resurrect the doomed coin.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1742688.msg17880844#msg17880844

Had Borzalom not contacted C-CEX and asked them to put the coin in maintenance mode, share the code with him and give him a chance to try to repair the problems, we would not be here today even having this discussion.

Therefore, that ICO has absolutely nothing to do with XtraBYtes, which is the project that OFFICIALLY started on April 7, 2017.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1793468.msg18500780#msg18500780

Unfortunately, due to lack of sleep, a massive workload, travel and being sick for the last week, I was a bit overly protective when people starting insisting there was an ICO and so I would like to offer my apologies to a few people:

First, our XtraBYtes Community Board who work tirelessly to take up the slack on Slack, along with several other members who continue to do a great job of keeping people focusing on the future, rather than allowing the continual FUD to take its toll on the XtraBYtes Community. Please know guys that we could never have achieved this level of success without you and you are appreciated far more than you can know.

Secondly, to @commodore64 and @cryptoica thank you for your questions and concerns, I hope they have now been answered to your satisfaction. I am sorry for coming across too aggressively in my attempt to help you understand the truth of the ICO that occurred before XtraBYtes was pulled from the fire.

Thank you and have a nice day!

Martin958

Activity: 232
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 06:46:27 PM

I'm new to cryptocurrencies/blockchain so pardon me if my questions are stupid.
Some things just don't add to for me. You are talking about these static nodes, i my wallet it requires 0,5million XBY to establish one. Total supply is 650million. Does that mean that a maximum amount of people each having a single node is less than 1300 worldwide? What if the price rises and no single person even has that amount (apart from a few early investors)? Multiple nodes then are quite impossible? I'm sure I'm missing something, I'd be glad if someone could clarify.
Also a 100 XBY transaction fee is mentioned, what if the price of a single XBY goes $1+? Do you pay $100 for a single transaction? Explain these to me like I'm 5 please.

This fee will be lowered. Dont worry. We are just beggining. If price will grow a lot of couse it will go down a lot. Smiley

Hello Bikerleszno, I have another question for you.

Can you explain how this block explorer works: http://xtrabytes.me/nodes

Considering the fact there is no mining, POS or POW. How are blocks found, and why are they found by different specific people? I noticed your name on some of the nodes.

It is not blockexplorer. It is just Genesis Nodes List.
If u are looking for blockexplorer it is here : http://xbyblockchain.borzalom.hu/

Ok thanks for that. Can you explain how the block explorer works if there are no miners to mine it?

There are nodes Wink For now just one is working, dev node but rest of them will start work very soon Smiley

That's interesting and how do the nodes work and find blocks?
bigboss154

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 07:00:14 PM

Hello Everyone! I am trying to get back into the swing of things after my travels and not being well. Updates will come but the website is first priority for me while the Dev Team is getting better organized for the (growing and coming) list of tasks. So, yes I am doing as much as possible each day to get the website finished, but like so many other days, things come up that end up taking a few hours to sort out, such as the following which is why I am making this post:

Earlier today there was a small misunderstanding that lead to some peoples feelings being hurt on the Slack and I would like to take a moment to apologize.

To start, the topic of conversation was from a couple members wanting to point out that there was an ICO with XtraBYtes, which was initial brought up as a side topic from the 100 XBY fee (which we have addressed more than once and will eventually be reduced but for now it is to help development costs).

To set the record straight: the ICO for XBY occurred in January of 2017 and this is where our story begins. If you do not already know our story, please take a few days to learn because the reading you will do as a potential investor or a current investor will help you make correct decisions that can potentially change your financial life forever. This is a very serious project with clear intentions to change the crytpocurrency world with a new technology, method of usage and consensus mechanism.

To clarify: the ICO for XBY was done under the name Bitmox. That project failed and would have been removed from the C-CEX exchange because there was almost ZERO volume leading up to the point that I connected with Borzalom who had already started the process of trying to resurrect the doomed coin.

Had Borzalom not contacted C-CEX and asked them to put the coin in maintenance mode, share the code with him and give him a chance to try to repair the problems, we would not be here today even having this discussion.

Therefore, that ICO has absolutely nothing to do with XtraBYtes, which is the project that OFFICIALLY started on April 7, 2017.

Unfortunately, due to lack of sleep, a massive workload, travel and being sick for the last week, I was a bit overly protective when people starting insisting there was an ICO and so I would like to offer my apologies to a few people:

First, our XtraBYtes Community Board who work tirelessly to take up the slack on Slack, along with several other members who continue to do a great job of keeping people focusing on the future, rather than allowing the continual FUD to take its toll on the XtraBYtes Community. Please know guys that we could never have achieved this level of success without you and you are appreciated far more than you can know.

Secondly, to @commodore64 and @cryptoica thank you for your questions and concerns, I hope they have now been answered to your satisfaction. I am sorry for coming across too aggressively in my attempt to help you understand the truth of the ICO that occurred before XtraBYtes was pulled from the fire.

Thanks for the post Dave  Grin
Sweetbtc

Activity: 938
Merit: 503

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile
June 13, 2017, 10:46:30 PM

To start, the topic of conversation was from a couple members wanting to point out that there was an ICO with XtraBYtes, which was initial brought up as a side topic from the 100 XBY fee (which we have addressed more than once and will eventually be reduced but for now it is to help development costs).

Thanks for the post Dave  Grin

There is a lot that he is working through to prevent abuse and other things, but I think that you guys should chat a little.  It seems that verification, to some extent is a goal for many wallet users and that is hard to provide while remaining decentralized and anonymous.

.TONUP..
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
...JOIN NOW...
EbenTheva

Activity: 370
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 04:55:40 AM

It's amazing how updates are made from time to time keeping us all informed. Thanks for your input and wishing you the best!!
baam25

Activity: 125

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:24:57 AM

Any word on genesis block or when nodes will go live?

Thanks for updates
aarell

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:53:40 AM
Last edit: June 15, 2017, 11:55:44 AM by aarell

An article explaining Chord network. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chord_(peer-to-peer)
skatola

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:46:25 AM

hi to all,
I'm in xby since one month, sadly i can afford just a small amount of it but i have a lot of trust : )
Maybe one day with my small amount i'll do huge things : )
aarell

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:28:20 AM

hi to all,
I'm in xby since one month, sadly i can afford just a small amount of it but i have a lot of trust : )
Maybe one day with my small amount i'll do huge things : )
Something is better than nothing.As an investor don't look at daily up and downs in the price, just hold your XBY.
vanfly

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:48:47 AM

XBY is officially on steemit.com!
Find us here: https://steemit.com/@xtrabytes/

xenon01

Activity: 30
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 10:46:50 AM

Hi,

I created an thread about the best scalable coin:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1965832.0

While I like XtraBytes for its uniqueness I was not aware that it could be a scalability solution, as well. But one answer in the other thread stated it is very scalable.
So can XtraBytes really handle much more transactions in a second than PoW or PoS coins?

If yes this coin would not be only a lot but extremely undervalued right now.
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 11:04:43 AM

Hi,

While I like XtraBytes for its uniqueness I was not aware that it could be a scalability solution, as well. But one answer in the other thread stated it is very scalable.
So can XtraBytes really handle much more transactions in a second than PoW or PoS coins?

Yeah we know.  Grin
nemwanderer

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 12:53:08 PM

Hi,

Yeah we know.  Grin

Indulge me. What's your 1 year price target?
Fatoshi

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:57:41 PM

Hi,

Yeah we know.  Grin

Indulge me. What's your 1 year price target?

I will not be surprised if we are $1. I didn't say it will. I said i wouldn't be surprised.
Fatoshi

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 02:59:33 PM

Sorry i just enjoy making these. Indulge me.

via Imgflip Meme Generator
mnemonicsoup

Activity: 200
Merit: 114

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 05:52:13 PM

I transferred some Xtrabytes from Yobit to the Wallet today and it was there after 5 seconds. Impressive!
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 07:50:25 PM

I transferred some Xtrabytes from Yobit to the Wallet today and it was there after 5 seconds. Impressive!

Yeah, the speed of the transactions is very impressive. I remember talking to my friend on the phone and instructing him to transfer his XBY to his XBY-wallet. He was used to all the exchange confirmations of BTC, Doge and such so he was expecting it to take at least 15 minutes before they would arrive and it was more a matter of seconds then minutes. He was like: "Whut? What is this transaction coming in? Lol, is that mine??"
Martin958

Activity: 232

View Profile
June 14, 2017, 09:22:26 PM

I'm new to cryptocurrencies/blockchain so pardon me if my questions are stupid.
Some things just don't add to for me. You are talking about these static nodes, i my wallet it requires 0,5million XBY to establish one. Total supply is 650million. Does that mean that a maximum amount of people each having a single node is less than 1300 worldwide? What if the price rises and no single person even has that amount (apart from a few early investors)? Multiple nodes then are quite impossible? I'm sure I'm missing something, I'd be glad if someone could clarify.
Also a 100 XBY transaction fee is mentioned, what if the price of a single XBY goes $1+? Do you pay $100 for a single transaction? Explain these to me like I'm 5 please.

This fee will be lowered. Dont worry. We are just beggining. If price will grow a lot of couse it will go down a lot. Smiley

Hello Bikerleszno, I have another question for you.

Can you explain how this block explorer works: http://xtrabytes.me/nodes

Considering the fact there is no mining, POS or POW. How are blocks found, and why are they found by different specific people? I noticed your name on some of the nodes.

It is not blockexplorer. It is just Genesis Nodes List.
If u are looking for blockexplorer it is here : http://xbyblockchain.borzalom.hu/

Ok thanks for that. Can you explain how the block explorer works if there are no miners to mine it?

There are nodes Wink For now just one is working, dev node but rest of them will start work very soon Smiley

And could you explain please how the blocks are found with just a node, and no mining hardware?
Pages: « 1 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 [106] 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: