Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 04:17:46 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371087 times)
LostWords

Activity: 280
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:02:32 PM

100 coins fee was at withdrawal from wallet, why so many?

That is temporary situation to create a community fund for investing in developments, to fund progress. This will be reduced once the funds are not needed anymore.
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
2bfree

Activity: 686
Merit: 251

I'm investigating Crypto Projects

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 12:11:20 PM

SITE IS LIVE!
We are aware of some issues, these issues will be reviewed and fixed ASAP

I just looked at the site I don't see anything that is exciting new?

I guess market agrees with you, price dropped by %30 percent after the launch

They should have hired me I bet it would have been 10x better! Not sure who they paid for that site Sad 

The reason I'm upset is I put money thinking that whoever they paid would do at least a decent job.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
>>FREE SEO AUDIT/WHITE LABEL MAKE MONEY!<<
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
LostWords

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:19:51 PM

SITE IS LIVE!

They should have hired me I bet it would have been 10x better! Not sure who they paid for that site Sad 

The reason I'm upset is I put money thinking that whoever they paid would do at least a decent job.

That's really harsh. People always think they can do better and let me start by saying that this wasn't the designer coming up with the design after getting paid. The board decided that they wanted this site or a site like this and the designer created what they wanted. So yelling: "I COULD DO IT BETTER" is not in order, because it was not a designer but a board choice to have this (type of) design.

The site should represent a simple and strong concept -> just like the project itself. A website where the most important part is the information about the technology.

This doesn't mean that the site will stay like this forever ofcourse. It's a community based project so if something better is possible within the concept of simple and strong, it may very well be in the future.
2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 12:23:54 PM

SITE IS LIVE!

That's really harsh. People always think they can do better and let me start by saying that this wasn't the designer coming up with the design after getting paid. The board decided that they wanted this site or a site like this and the designer created what they wanted. So yelling: "I COULD DO IT BETTER" is not in order, because it was not a designer but a board choice to have this (type of) design.

The site should represent a simple and strong concept -> just like the project itself. A website where the most important part is the information about the technology.

This doesn't mean that the site will stay like this forever ofcourse. It's a community based project so if something better is possible within the concept of simple and strong, it may very well be in the future.

Dude calm down!

I'm not talking about the design. I'm talking about the copy!

The copy is at best bland at worst it sucks!

There are no triggers, no excitement. There is nothing to draw you in. There is nothing to keep you in suspense. Nothing to look forward to. No new things to do that are unusual to get involved.

A good copy on the 1992 crappy HTML site is 100x better. Not sure why you people if you put good design with bad copy you will soar when it's not true! Did you split test this stupid theory?

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
LostWords

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 12:35:53 PM

Dude calm down!

There are no triggers, no excitement. There is nothing to draw you in. There is nothing to keep you in suspense. Nothing to look forward to. No new things to do that are unusual to get involved.

A good copy on the 1992 crappy HTML site is 100x better. Not sure why you people if you put good design with bad copy you will soar when it's not true! Did you split test this stupid theory?

Bro, I am not involved in this part and I am sorry if I came off too strong. Wasn't my intention. Just felt it was harsh for the designer who just did a great job in doing what was wanted of him. Regardless of whether we like it or not. This was the job.

On the other things you are saying: I advice you to join the Slack of XtraBYtes and help the community and this project with suggestions. The developers/board/community is very open so maybe good tips and tricks can be shared for the better. Including the website.
2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 01:15:47 PM

Dude calm down!

Bro, I am not involved in this part and I am sorry if I came off too strong. Wasn't my intention. Just felt it was harsh for the designer who just did a great job in doing what was wanted of him. Regardless of whether we like it or not. This was the job.

On the other things you are saying: I advice you to join the Slack of XtraBYtes and help the community and this project with suggestions. The developers/board/community is very open so maybe good tips and tricks can be shared for the better. Including the website.

I put money in thinking that the site would be decent and it sucked because i had nothing exciting. That is what I tried to say! And I had right to say it gave my real money in this coin and it went down. Why do people focus on looks and not substance?

LostWords

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 01:42:32 PM

Dude calm down!

I put money in thinking that the site would be decent and it sucked because i had nothing exciting. That is what I tried to say! And I had right to say it gave my real money in this coin and it went down. Why do people focus on looks and not substance?

The price going down after website release seems to be very normal, looking at all other projects where the price (heavily) decreased after a big news: buy the rumours, sell the news is what one person in the Slack said so greatly. I am pretty convinced that you should not be worried, hell, you have a great investment with only one requirement: patience. I hope the price stays like this untill I get a bit more money to invest again. Smiley

Join the Slack still, any suggestion/contribution will be appreciated and more important: its very active and also the founder/board members are active there so you will reach them and they will reach you way better.
2bfree

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 01:45:02 PM

Dude calm down!

The price going down after website release seems to be very normal, looking at all other projects where the price (heavily) decreased after a big news: buy the rumours, sell the news is what one person in the Slack said so greatly. I am pretty convinced that you should not be worried, hell, you have a great investment with only one requirement: patience. I hope the price stays like this untill I get a bit more money to invest again. Smiley

Join the Slack still, any suggestion/contribution will be appreciated and more important: its very active and also the founder/board members are active there so you will reach them and they will reach you way better.

That's not the point they put a crappy website to steal the money so they can dump it. If you want to steal the money they you know you will dump later then at least put some effort to make a good site not this vanilla crap!

Zitzenfuzler

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:42:05 PM

Yes, this website is not good and the dump is also not good for investors. You could try to get XBY listed on Bittrex, that would maybe help a lot!

cedlemercier

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 02:58:03 PM
Last edit: June 19, 2017, 03:08:30 PM by cedlemercier

Today, I almost sold my masternode XBY but after reflection, I like !!
I'm here since 50 sat, yes a lot of profits, thank you XBY!
The site is what it is but please, display a roadmap, step by step even without a date.
This allows investors to stay calm.
Just a road map :-)

I know that the best is yet to come and that we must be patient.
It's still a moment that we wait for the activation of the masternodes.
After much doubt today, I keep trust on XBY and at that price I finally bought 10K.

Thanks to alienrobot
[1:35 PM]  To recall this:
Here are some positive things to look forward to in the near future:

1. New zoltchain with the genesis block will be brought online.

2. The Level 1 STaTiC nodes will be brought online.

3. 33 new level 1 STaTiC nodes will be offered for sale to the community.

4. XBY will be listed on Bittrex after the tech is up and running.

5. Level 2 STaTiC nodes will be offered up for sale to the community, and brought online.

6. XtraBYtes will start selling decentralized distributed harddrive space once we get the system in place.
daveanan

Activity: 6

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 03:54:06 PM

I believe this coin is gonna be great. I have just 10000 and I will hold till infinity.
Arasm

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:01:55 PM

I believe this coin is gonna be great. I have just 10000 and I will hold till infinity.

One day you will be looking at this post and will think "times, where xby was at 900 satoshi" 🤙 I tryna collect everything i can when there is a dump. You cant blame xby for the website -they did no million dollar ico. Join slack to see how the community holds together - i think the devs just need some time to get everything working - there is no rush!
HappyGesst

Activity: 3

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:17:45 PM

The new website is absolutely disappointing.  Walls of text, doesn't fit in my screen properly and no new information on it.  What's with hearts next to xtrabytss at the very bottom of the screen?  Seems weird and out of place for me, almost like they are trying to say "see!  We're friendly, you can trust is!" In a creepy sort of way. 

As someone heavily invested in this coin, i hope they fix up there website.
nemwanderer

Activity: 230

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 06:44:26 PM

The new website is absolutely disappointing.  Walls of text, doesn't fit in my screen properly and no new information on it.  What's with hearts next to xtrabytss at the very bottom of the screen?  Seems weird and out of place for me, almost like they are trying to say "see!  We're friendly, you can trust is!" In a creepy sort of way. 

Just looked at the website on a computer. It's horrendous.

I hold >1mio coin and I want this project to succeed, so I'm not just trolling. It's a disappointment.

Devs need to take a look at Ark's website for some pointers. Note the roadmap and serious bios of the developers. We want this project to be taken seriously, no?

Speaking of which, what is the roadmap for this coin?
nemwanderer

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 07:03:46 PM

I hold >1mio coin and I want this project to succeed, so I'm not just trolling. It's a disappointment.

Devs need to take a look at Ark's website for some pointers. Note the roadmap and serious bios of the developers. We want this project to be taken seriously, no?

Things like this have no place on the website:

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technology and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

The level of professionalism is pretty poor.
bigboss154

Activity: 210

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:45:22 PM

At this point, nobody really understands what is really happening here... We are developing THE COIN Wink This is the LATEST INNOVATION in BLOCKCHAIN technology and our man Borzalom is the Genius Mastermind who thought of it.

Website issues are being fixed. Also, that specific part is a copy and paste from the old website which was not supposed to make it onto the new one. There was a final edit and the part you mentioned was changed, but it didn't get picked up in the final push.
nemwanderer

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 08:57:15 PM

Website issues are being fixed. Also, that specific part is a copy and paste from the old website which was not supposed to make it onto the new one. There was a final edit and the part you mentioned was changed, but it didn't get picked up in the final push.

OK, there are several other spelling errors, and I'd prefer the developer bios to be a little bit more professional.

I'm happy to write copy for the site if you guys would like. Would love to contribute to the project where I can.

I'm glad things are moving in the right direction but more attention should have been paid before launching.
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:46:47 PM
Last edit: June 20, 2017, 02:28:08 AM by CCRevolution

Hello Everyone!

Before I get to the bad stuff, a little bit of good:

STaTiC nodes coming online is ALMOST upon us.

Borz and the Project Manager have been working on getting the FIRST NEW STaTiC online today... Another milestone is almost here.... More details below.

Now for the shakeup...

This is my personal statement in response to the attempted mutiny on Slack last night. The Community Board is not endorsing this post. In fact, they don't even know I am posting this content. My partner, Borzalom, does know and he is behind me 100%. At the bottom, you will find a few words from Borz on this very serious matter.

The first thing I will say is that this message is ONLY designed for a FEW people (you will know who you are) and the rest of you I would like to THANK YOU for your patience.

XtraBYtes is a Community Corporation because Borzalom and I decided we wanted it to be a Community Corporation and to be a fun, rewarding and exciting community that would all achieve financial success together. However, being a Community Corporation does not entitle anyone to try to overthrow, manipulate or control the narrative. The 3 people who have tried to orchestrate this mutiny are being banned forever. You are not welcome back again:

@Seedit122 from day 1 of you entering our Slack, 90% of what you have said is FUD, complaints or attacks against either myself or the work that was done. Good bye, you crossed the line!

@poudino is the 3rd official username we know of from you and if you return with another one, you will be banned the instant we see your ugly personality again. Good bye!

@dkinx you are gone too, sorry but we have given you ample chances to clean up your attitude. Good bye!

Also, from now on, anyone who acts like these people (not just the mutiny, but in general) you will not be tolerated. Enough is enough, this is supposed to be a fun and friendly community and the actions of these people is NOT constructive, its destructive.

The rest of the people who have followed along with these people are not being held accountable at all. We know it is very easy to get caught up in this behavior, especially when full facts are unknown.

Here is the reality of this situation:

Most of what I have done until this point has been done instinctively, including this post. The website was released this way for a handful of reasons and I am very happy to see that the end result is that the Community has decided to step in... Very good, please bring us the site that XtraBYtes deserves.

Just keep in mind that we will be controlling the content of Official sites, and this will be done with the Community making the decisions.

Should the STaTiC owners have been offered a chance to look at the website first? Yes, but what would that have accomplished? Here is your answer: more delays and thus more FUD from the impatient people in the Community. You impatient people are the reason why this site was released how it is. That website is exactly what you asked for... You were demanding results and not willing to let us do our jobs and not willing to accept that I had asked for patience time and time and time again and worse of all, assuming we have our fingers up our butts.

Maybe now we will have a collective of members who will produce a professional website, which is what we all want. But what we don't want is a bunch of people screaming for a website when they have no clue about making one or how long it takes.

Please note that WP themes will not be accepted. Any other type of template that has major security flaws will not be accepted. These sites are hosted on our servers and there are reasons for that. If Borz says no WP... there will be no WP and that is the end of it. He is a security expert and he will have no part of WP on his servers.

Here is a quote from one of our Community Members:

It takes a long time to create a really professional website at a high end level which is what we need. There are stages to creating one. First a sitemap, then wireframes, then flat design visuals, then coding based on the visuals, then adding all the content, then snagging and testing. This can take several months to do right and create a perfect high end job. This is what we need.

Also, I am not the one who developed that site, contrary to the storyline from last night and that is because it was a personal attack from 3 of my haters.

What I told you all is that I had to finish writing the content and I later told you that I did not have time for that either and that the job was being completed by others. However, this does not mean we are blaming the designer or anyone else involved. The bottom line is that there was not enough time and yes I put the clock on because we were hoping we would end up with something acceptable. However, whatever design skills I have were not able to be implemented because of the tech being used and therefore I was not even given the opportunity to remove anything I did not like or to realign the text to what I would much rather have seen. Again, this is due to the time restraints that were initiated by an impatient community.

This is the lesson all of you impatient people need to learn...

This all started to intensify when I flew over to Hungary to meet with Borz. During this time we had some developers starting to question the tech because they could not see any code. This turned into our Board coming to me and pressuring me to get the site finished because people were threatening to leave.

Next time this happens, I will say (as will Borz) LET THEM LEAVE... If you want to buy, BUY and if you want to sell, SELL... We gain nothing either way as we are just XBY owners like the rest of you. The difference is that we know the tech is coming and the TECH is why we are here and the TECH is what will make many people wish they stayed. Patience please!

Now, moving on to something else:

Right now, Borz is working with the Project Manager to get the first NEW STaTiCs online and today they successfully made the connection between the 2 chains. What this means is that as a result of us realizing last week that the Community Patience level was too low and more FUD was on the way, we asked Borz to get the STaTiCs online ASAP, rather than just focus on the NEW Zolt Chain as had recently been decided.

So, the new chain is being worked on again (along side the new chain) and things are progressing very well. With the bridge between chains now established, the GUI will come next and then everyone will be able to register and see their STaTiC nodes. Yes, that is right, first STaTiC nodes are coming soon...

For now, the source code is loaded and if anyone wants to test the connection between the 2 chains, please go ahead if you know how without the user interface! https://github.com/XtraBYtes/core

So, let me ask you all this:

When this project is finished and you realize that you were all wrong and you should have been more patient, who is going to take back all the mean and bad things they have said about the person who was 50% of the reason you are all potential future millionaires if you have purchased enough XBY?

Again, I do not mean to say this to anyone who has been patient... I only speak to all the people who have repeatedly disrespected me, asking for my head and then throwing gas on the fire to intensify an attempted mutiny.

I say my apologies when needed. Let's see who else has this kind of spirit to do so when necessary.

Finally:

We have a developer fund, please contribute if you can and otherwise cannot help.

If you have ideas, please share them through appropriate channels.

If you want to criticize, do so with respect and normal limitations.

If you want to complain, do so with respect and normal limitations.

If you are able to help, please let it be known and help.

If you FUD, disrespect others (including Devs or Founders), attempt mutiny, cause panic or concern with lies, otherwise try to manipulate (up to the discretion of mods), you will be banned.

Banning:

3 says the first time.
30 days the second time.
Forever the 3rd time.

Bottom line is this: We are taking back control of this Slack and I will leave it in the hands of our VERY professional and capable Community Board and Moderators to ensure that our Slack and Forum is a place of respect and positive interaction as we continue moving forward to bring our new technology to the world.

Patience please... patience.

Thank you all who have been so until now. We would not be here without your patience and support.

To Our Community Board:

What I know from reading the Boards reactions to last night is that they are taking full responsibility for this and I am sorry guys, but this is NOT true.

Yes, we need to get more streamlined, yes we can do things better and YES I agree with all you have proposed. But this does not change the attitude of a few members in this Community who have made a habit of being impatient and kicking up the dust. This is a COMMUNITY and everyone has a role and none of you are responsible for the bad attitudes of the bad apples. This Community is just as responsible as the rest of us, we are all equals in this regard because we have asked over and over again for help and only a few stepped up. Now everyone wants to help... It is very good that they are taking responsibility now... but they need to stop blaming me. We tried... and YOU GUYS are NOT responsible for this. We are all still learning here.

I have no issues with you guys running the show for what you are in charge of. I have never had this problem. Anyone can ask Vanfly if I am concerned about what he is doing and you will find the answer is that he is free to do his part with no interference. I know he is fully capable and I have complete trust in him just as I have complete trust in each of you who have roles with XtraBYtes. I did not choose you guys to be on this Board without first having faith and recognition of your intelligence, commitment and abilities to make XtraBYtes a better Community.

The fast success and unforeseen workloads we have experienced is the first problem and that takes time to streamline, anyone who thinks otherwise is out to lunch. The second and biggest problem is detailed above. The third problem is the lack of funding and contribution which is essentially what keeps things slowly moving along...

This community will come together because of all of you; and the good people in this Community doing what is right for the long haul. Everyone else will disappear sooner or later and they should not even be worried about.

As it stands right now, this mutiny last night has put a rift in this Board and that rift started last week when we had a handful of other people starting to doubt the tech that Borz is working on and thus began the push for the website. I can assure you that the people on this Board are a VERY SOLID TEAM that will do GREAT things to help the future success of this operation. If they start dropping off as a result of this nonsense and me making this post as a result, that will be on YOUR shoulders, not mine.

What I am saying in this post MUST be said and this nonsense STOPS RIGHT NOW or you will be banned.

From Borz after I shared the above post with him for agreement:

Yes, i agree, the moderation needed because a lot of stupid people exist (Borz uses this word loosely and it does not relate to levels of intelligence)

You and me are here. If anyone want following then we accept. We have idea and we will finish is. We need team, we need followers, we need helpers, we need contributors. We don't need investors, money, FUD-ers, stupids etc...

I always your partner and i always behind you.

We started this project and we will finish this project. Some peoples who want fast profit without work maybe leave this project. I don't like these type of peoples. These peoples will write the negative criticism and never help. John often ask help but rarely get. I created very easy tasks and nobody done these tasks. The team building is hard work and never fast. We need stable team who contribute and help.

If some stupid people leave then we just win.

The stupids just criticism each other. Maybe i have wrong idea and need correcting. If peoples help then that is good. If you say destructive words: bad, shit, ugly etc... That never help to make better. If you say: the blue is better than red because... and you have idea why better, this is the constructive and good help.

The majority of peoples live destructive. Only some people create the big things.
You Dave is a constructive people and i like the constructive peoples. We will create big thing. You invested lot of work to this project. If anyone just talk but never help then don't need hearing what they say. Unimportant because just words.
------------------------------------------------------------

This has always been his attitude and this program started to grow as a result of our no-nonsense approach. I have no problem if the guys on the Board want to do things differently, but if things are going to disrupt the Community, I will have something to say about it and if something needs to be done, I will do it. We are not letting any FUD or other things destroy this operation any further than it already has.

Now the website job is done, you got what you asked and paid for... My only blame is to have released the unfinished site and to not just stop the clock. I am sorry to anyone that is upset by this and I hope after reading this post you will understand why I went ahead regardless.

In my life I have lived by a particular mantra that I am sure you all have heard of: Everything Happens for a Reason.

Here we are, let the chips fall where they may and get ready to buy the bottom because we hope there will be a transition of XBY into some better hands.

Thank you again for all our supporters and I do apologize to the Board for posting this without your permission or review. This is done because at this point you probably would not agree and that would be based on fear of backlash. Well, I am not afraid of anyone who decides to leave, its there loss and its time we take back control of this community. It's time for us to get more streamlined and implement your management plans. So, lets do it if you are here to stay. If not, I thank you for all you have done and wish you well. We will take care of the coin, don't worry.

Dave and Zoltan

PS. Some food for thought: This entire experience reminds me of politics. I don't actually care any more if you like my style or not because the OTHER SIDE likes it very much and those in the middle are smart enough to HODL and many will help. The rest of you who do not like my style, you have a choice to make. Either suck it up or walk away because unlike politics, we do not need to tolerate you and you will find yourself on the outside looking in if you are going to disrupt this community again. This is where the smarty people excel. Wink  

vanfly

Activity: 103
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:17:17 AM

Community concerns release.

FredCailloux

Activity: 49
Merit: 18

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 01:56:55 AM

CCR thumbs up  - this intervention was long overdue
Pages: « 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 [111] 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: