Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 12:38:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: The result of our STATIC nodes poll was 500,000 coins on deposit for Level 1 STATIC nodes.

Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 346 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [NEW XBY ANN] XTRABYTES - BECAUSE THE BLOCKCHAIN CAN BE BETTER  (Read 371087 times)
CCRevolution (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 255

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 07:50:38 AM

hey everyone,

was a great "777" yesterday, Borz was doing good though!
im looking forward to Tuesday, curious what you have to say  Cheesy

you might want consider doing those Live-streams on another Service? Youtube, Twitch, Google Hangouts or something? Would just be way easier for everyone to join Smiley

We will look into this in the future. For now we will stick to what is familiar to avoid unnecessary difficulties (very limited time available for learning) and because the features we want access to are available with our current platform. It is a simple download, with phone access and offers us a high quality experience for the XTRABYTES Community.

Thank you for the suggestion!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:03:17 AM

LIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS
Registration Available

Sixty hours from now we will reveal some VERY exciting information about XTRABYTES!

Don't miss out... Register NOW and set up a reminder on your calendar.

Please register for XTRABYTES LIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS on Oct 10, 2017 8:00 PM GMT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2247270211685588483

Get the LATEST news and information for the XTRABYTES Phase 2 roll out. This is probably the MOST important set of announcements EVER made for XBY. Don't miss out!!
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar. Remember this is a first come first served system with only 500 seats available, so be sure to register and log in early!

Thank you for being part of our community!

Dave, Zoltan and The XTRABYTES Crew

yee

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:13:53 AM

Will you have a team of devs in the future ?. I do not understand english very well, and I can not see the video
amaral1977

Activity: 686
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:01:06 PM

For me this is one of the most troublesome stuff about eth. there surely are good projects there, but the amount of garbadge is so widespread...
For useless tokens, one of the best example is ripple itself. It´s valued on the hype of banks using the technology, but ripple itself its not needed for that use...

Keep up the good work . I´m holding .

The key takeaway is Borz is clearly business focused and has the years in industry that counts for a lot. So many of these ETH projects don't have a real business model. Do you know some ETH projects don't actually need the tokens they are selling in their ICOs? Many are getting millions of dollars for a completely useless token that has zero value....expect most of these ICOs to implode once idiots who invested understand this.

██████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
      ██████████▌▐██████████ 
    ██████ ████▌  ▐████ ██████ 
   ██████  ▐██▀    ▀██▌  ██████ 
  ██████  ▌ █▄▄█  █▄▄█ ▐  ██████ 
 ██████▌ ▐██████  ██████▌ ▐██████ 
 ██████  ███████  ███████  ██████ 
 █████▌  ██▀▀▀██  ██▀▀▀██  ▐█████ 
 █████                      █████ 
  █████▄▄▄▄▄████  ████▄▄▄▄▄█████ 
   ████████████▌  ▐████████████ 
    ████████████▌▐████████████ 
      ██████████████████████ 
        ██████████████████ 
            ██████████ 

█████████
█████████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
█████████
█████████

EXCHANGES 

CREX24GRAVIEXBITEBTC

█████████
█████████
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
      ███
█████████
█████████
krizniq

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 03:27:50 PM

Will you have a team of devs in the future ?. I do not understand english very well, and I can not see the video
that was one of the messages we've got
basically Borz said that after main development will be finished he wants several smaller teams working on different areas of the network independently.

Looking for investment tip? XBY OMG and ADX, thank me later Wink

If you love me -> BTC: 1JLwEteSwyV3uUXN9dVvSqBnt3nbTHeS6i | ETH 0xb3F6aCa84d2513A444FABcd4dbFb256a82FdE610 Thanks! Cheesy
22justin

Activity: 307

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 07:27:13 PM

any word on new static nodes in the future? Would like to get one setup. Long term holder in the project.

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q2 2018? $XBY (dApp Platform, New PoSign Algorithm), $SHIFT (dPoS Decentralized Web 3.0 on IFPS) & $BLOCK (Blockchain Agnostic DeX, atomic swaps)
Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
sokolasi

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 07:47:33 PM

https://i.imgur.com/5sqKKx3.jpg
Am i the only one who saw this..??
16 hours ago..Huh
I am looking forward for the upcoming live news..!!!
bigboss154

Activity: 210

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:45:50 PM

https://i.imgur.com/5sqKKx3.jpg
Am i the only one who saw this..??
16 hours ago..Huh
I am looking forward for the upcoming live news..!!!

I'm not exactly sure what you are highlighting. Checkpoints get updated all the time.
22justin

Activity: 307

View Profile WWW
October 09, 2017, 02:34:14 AM

Whats the incentive to hold the token if there is no staking or mining?

Looking for the next 10x Small Cap for Q2 2018? $XBY (dApp Platform, New PoSign Algorithm), $SHIFT (dPoS Decentralized Web 3.0 on IFPS) & $BLOCK (Blockchain Agnostic DeX, atomic swaps)
Twitter: @Vancitycrypto
Fatoshi

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:45:05 AM

Whats the incentive to hold the token if there is no staking or mining?

I think you've got that a bit backward. No one holds coins so they can mine. And the incentive to hold coins is not so they can stake, they stake so they can have a little more coins. It's like saying why bother having money if you can't earn interest in a bank.

So XBY has value as it's the only token that will work through the whole Xtrabytes ecosystem. Dapps will need them to run, Dapp users therefore need them to use the Dapps, Dapp developers will need them to pay for Dapp hosting. Static nodes will earn XBY as they host Dapps and nodes need XBY to own a node in the first place. As Dapps are added the demand on XBY will increase much more than say ETH where new Dapps use a new made token.
EbenTheva

Activity: 370

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:05:08 AM

Thank you Borz and Dave for putting out that very informative interview. Nice to hear Borz's voice finally. For anyone who thought otherwise, well Borz is alive and is well. Thanks Dave for your input and for making it more convenient for everyone to understand. I agree it one thing to hear it from Borz but you were very helpful. Looking forward to the announcement on the 10th.. Reading through Fatoshi's comments and other remarks, unable to contain my excitement about the future for XBY. Can't wait for it to break the 1000 mark again.. Where would be the next landing?? 4K or 6K??  Who knows...
moonblocks

Activity: 714

3... 2... 1... Launch!

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:11:24 AM

Solid looking project!

Any plans for getting onto bigger exchanges?

Fatoshi

Activity: 672

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 05:21:40 AM

Solid looking project!

Any plans for getting onto bigger exchanges?

The plan has always been to hold back on bigger exchanges until the tech is done. In the next day we will find out where we are in the roadmap and maybe we will then be moving to a get on a bigger exchange. We just got to wait and see.
krazy89

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 09:41:46 AM

Hello guys , could you please send me the slack invite link ? thanks!
bigboss154

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:06:43 PM

Hello guys , could you please send me the slack invite link ? thanks!

Hey, send a PM to BRYAN_K, fishfishfish313, rule144 or CCRevolution here on the forum and they will add you. Smiley
fishfishfish313

Activity: 546
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 04:45:40 PM

basically Borz said that after main development will be finished he wants several smaller teams working on different areas of the network independently.

Yes!  Absolutely.  Borz wants to stay in a software development role.  But from the recording, you can clearly hear that he is compassionate about decentralization.

Anyone who is interested in knowing the answer to this question, I highly suggest that you watch the YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1Wdni-S5U

I'll one shot you with the Wingman from the top of Skulltown - Apex
Zeehenk

Activity: 399

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 06:12:49 PM

Yes!  Absolutely.  Borz wants to stay in a software development role.  But from the recording, you can clearly hear that he is compassionate about decentralization.

Anyone who is interested in knowing the answer to this question, I highly suggest that you watch the YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QB1Wdni-S5U

Is there a version that we can post here and just read? I don't feel like listening to a 30 minute video and I'm sure there are many with me (specially new investors)

bigboss154

View Profile
October 09, 2017, 07:37:19 PM

Is there a version that we can post here and just read? I don't feel like listening to a 30 minute video and I'm sure there are many with me (specially new investors)

A transcript will be posted soon.
CCRevolution (OP)

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 01:56:28 AM

777 with BORZALOM Transcript

Good evening everyone! We are working very hard with preparations for tomorrows LIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS. At the bottom of this post you will find the registration information for tomorrows webinar.

In the mean time, here is the transcript of the 777 with Borz!

Transcription of 777 with Borzalom:

(All answers are CCR’s reiteration of what Borzalom has said)

CCR: Ok I want to thank you all very much for joining us for our first live session with Zoltan Sabo, aka Borzalom. This is the first live session of 777 with Borzalom. Borz is going to do his best to share his vision for XTRABYTES tonight with our community and we’re going to move right into it here, first I’m going to let Zoltan / Borzalom say hello; Zoltan please go ahead and say hello to everybody:

Borzalom: Hello everybody I’m here. Thank you.

CCR:  Okay so we’re going to get right into it.

Q1: What gives XBY value? Is it the platform where applications can be run or something else?

A: The original goal was data storage and as we move forward the goal expanded and now the new real value of XBY is a XBY based service/trading platform of different applications being able to utilize the services at XTRABYTES. So the future winners are going to be the trusted decentralized service providers as well as STATIC node owners and XBY is going to be the market for decentralized service providers.  So that is the real big goal of what we are doing here now.

Q2: Explain the Proof of Signature (PoSIGN) consensus algorithm. What are its benefits over Proof of Work or Proof of Stake algorithms?  Why is it desirable?

A: The first thing that he talked about here is that Proof of Signature is green, it’s a very environmentally friendly algorithm like Proof of Stake as many of you know. We talk a lot about this in the slack and also on the forum about the different size laptops for example or different computers that are needed to run a STATIC node. We have explained that you can use an older machine and it doesn’t take a lot of power. This very good because as he’s talking about the Proof of Work miners for example they’re very energy intensive and we are not. That’s a very important thing for people to realize; then he moved on to the security so Proof of Signature is much stronger and more secure than Proof of Work because each Proof of Signature miner is trusted and audited so in this sense it’s better for the business environment than Proof of Stake or proof of work where miners are unknown. XBY wants to be a real business solution. peers and miners have to be non anonymous and we have to know who they are. That’s part of the trust factor that we have here at XBY, so all the static node miners are well known and they trust each other just like in the real business world … that’s a big key.

Q3: How do you envision DAPPS running on the XTRABYTES platform? And how does this relate to the US dollar price?

A: All application income will be XBY so if you use XTRABYTES applications, you’ll have to use XBY. This is creating a big internal demand and an internal economy so to speak which is going to make a very very strong XBY as we continue to grow. So why do you need XBY?  Because you spend XBY on the XTRABYTES based applications and services. After you spend it of course you’re going to need it again and when you spend it you’re giving those XBY to the service providers and the STATIC owners. So its again creating that economy, that internal economy. Application developers and STATIC service providers, they’re going to turn around and use it themselves on perhaps something else. So again we go back to the business model aspect of all this and this is the reason why it’s a better business model here at XBY then what’s available with Ethereum or Bitcoin. As far as the US Dollar price goes Ethereum and Bitcoin depend on the US dollar price whereas XBY is independent of the US dollar because it’s all going to be internal business.

Q4: How do the CORE modules relate to the DICOM … aren’t the CORE modules different and shouldn’t they be on a different level than the EXTERNAL modules?

A: The CORE modules and the EXTERNAL modules connect at the same level, the difference between them is that the connection is the actual connection itself between the modules. The core modules they know each other so the integration is deeper than integration of the external modules. All core modules connect to each other. All core modules use functions of the core system and other core modules but the core modules never use the external modules functions. External modules use the other external module functions and core functions and the core module functions too so this is the difference. Another difference is the connection level between the modules; core modules sometimes use the direct connection to the core system, external modules only use the DICOM interface.

Q5: Can we get details on the security of the network, algos being used and encryption methods used? For example, will we be using SHA-256, SHA-512 or some other truncated version.

A: The hash and all other cryptographic key lengths are going to be easily changeable. They are changeable as it is now.  We’re going to be providing a link, in fact you can go to https://www.keylength.com/en/4 and here are many different suggestions. So for us, after the code is finished, he’s going to optimize the best methods and key lengths. Now this not important because today 512 is secure, but tomorrow it won’t be secure. Technology is changing very fast, quantum computing is coming as well, and so he’s working on something and trying to stay ahead of the curve here and creating the code that is easily changeable so that if he needs to, the encryption methods and the key lengths can be changed.  Cryptography is very difficult, not just key length is needed lots of other things like time stamping is also needed. He’s always going to use the top cryptographic techniques also. Decoding and encoding long cryptographic keys, this requires a lot of time so he wants to find the best compromises for all this.  As we said, today the 256 bit key length is secure enough but even one security issue, one hack, and even the 4096 key length is potentially going to be crackable eventually.  So this is where he is focusing and staying ahead of the curve here with the security technology.

Q6: Have you recruited any new developers and if so what are your long-term plans with them?

A: He wants to build a hierarchical but independent development team. More developers means more decentralization. The best development team is one that controls and manages themselves without Borz. This is what he’s trying to do. Early on we had a small team starting but the project was not quite ready to take on new developers at that point at a serious level and in the coming days in fact, you’re going to hear a lot about what’s coming on Tuesday. So make sure you come out and tune in on Tuesday, that’s going to be another big day.

Q7: How do you see your role once a major dev is done? Will you move into a more vocal public role or focus on continued development etc.?

A: I will always focus on the development. My role is always going to be software development I don’t want to do anything else. This is what he does and what he’s comfortable with for obvious reasons. Borz believes we have a talented team here, a lot of talented people assembling at the management level and these people are going to take care of the public role and the way they feel what’s best for XTRABYTES and that’s all starting to come together here.

This concludes the 777 with Borzalom for October.

Please register for XTRABYTES LIVE ANNOUNCEMENTS on Oct 10, 2017 8:00 PM GMT at:

https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2247270211685588483

Get the LATEST news and information for the XTRABYTES Phase 2 roll out. This is probably the MOST important set of announcements EVER made for XBY. Don't miss out!!

After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar.

Thank you!

The XTRABYTES Crew

EbenTheva

Activity: 370

View Profile
October 10, 2017, 02:02:33 AM

Thank you Dave for the transcript. The community asked and the management delivered!! What a great team.. Thanks again.
Pages: « 1 ... 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 [222] 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 ... 346 »
  Print  

Jump to: