Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 03:28:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125067 times)
itod
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1076

^ Will code for Bitcoins

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:53:46 PM

What happens when at the end less than 10k chips are wished to deliver. And i ask myself if its ok when i pay out 95% of the paid bitcoins at the end so that i dont have to sit alone on the accrued costs and the work time.

May I offer a suggestion: If less than 10.000 chips of 56.000 are still wanted to be delivered, those people who want their chips "no matter what" may be offered an option to buy out the rest of the chips up to 10.000 at the nominal price, and all would be satisfied. Nobody can be hostage of someone's irrational wish to get chips which are not worth what they were payed for.
bitcoiner49er

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 03:59:22 PM

You could start a group refund thread. Have each buyer post a signed message with payment address associated with their chips. First 10,000 chips = Batch 1 refund; 2nd 10,000 chips = Batch 2 refund, etc.
Just like the group buy threads, but in reverse.  Wink

Homo doctus is se semper divitias habet
ajw107

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:15:45 PM

It looks like Yifu really prefers a full refund to get out of all this terror.

So i now will start to write every member and ask what its wish is. But i know from the past that it will take much time until i know the answer of everyone.
No problem, do you want us to just post here, like others have done, or would you rather a more organised (and possibly easier for yourself) approach and for us to wait for a private message or an email from you?

For those getting upset on loss of revenue (god, honestly some people will never be happy to just get a ROI, were as the hobbists like myself would have been happy with a bit less than the ROI as playing with the stuff is part of what they pay for), at least the price of BTC in hard cash has gone up since you bought them, so have made some money, so stop moaning and think about the kind organisers of all this who have gone through so much.  They not only have the same stress as the members of the group buys that their own chips won't arrive.  But they have the stress of moaning minnies who only think of think of themselves, the stress of organising the group buys to begin with, the stress when people started to transfer their chips on, the stress of trying to contact Yifi with no answer, or whatever his name is again and god only knows what else.  There are some who seem to be of the opinion that the organisers should take the hit and refund in full the members of the group buy.  B*ll*cks, we are all in this together, and the refund should be spread equally over the organiser and the members.  Why should should the people who have been the most help, put in the most work and effort, and and had the most stress suffer more.  In organisers I think we should include board makers as well.  These people have been invaluable to us all.  They have kept us up to date, even if just to say that there is no news.  But at least we then knew.  Don't shoot the messengers and the helpers.  All of the very angry people, stop posting on here, and send it to that Yifi lad.  Nobody else deserves it.

Right, I'm off my pedestal now, he he.  Hope the refunds go smoothly for you Sebastian, and again thank you for all you've done.  Unfortunately though, there is a part of me that thinks Yifi will c*ck up the refunds too.

Alex
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 04:19:11 PM

You could start a group refund thread. Have each buyer post a signed message with payment address associated with their chips. First 10,000 chips = Batch 1 refund; 2nd 10,000 chips = Batch 2 refund, etc.
Just like the group buy threads, but in reverse.  Wink

Many members want to stay anonymous so i guess only pm or email are an option...

But i will ask if they want to keep a number of chips too.

Okay, after checking back i will create the pm-text now...

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
guyver

Activity: 216
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:23:27 PM

im up for a refund on my chips on batch 5
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 04:53:53 PM

Why doesn't Yifu offer "coupons" for future purchase? No pre-order, but when chips are going to be offered, people holding coupons have first shot.
There just seems that people who have already "risked" something should be rewarded for the business they gave to Avalon.

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
tiros

Activity: 126

Just another miner

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:01:24 PM

I wonder how much time will it take for Yifu to process chips group buy orders!???
Today he was quick but refunds were delayed for months on Avalon batch #3 miners.

Greed shouldn't be the essence of bitcoin
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:04:07 PM

some batch are already refunded...

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 05:06:43 PM

There are no batches refunded already. He refunds today the batch 3 miners, no chip batches yet.

Yifu dont want coupons because this would be another preorder. He prefers to refund and then everyone can order gen2.

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 05:12:47 PM

Here the Request-Text:

Hello,

it seem that Yifu would find it best to refund the Avalon Asic Chips because they at the moment arent worth much anymore and cant mine out the buying price as a miner. The 100% refund option is his favorite. See: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177827.msg3035535#msg3035535

Now the question is what each member in our groupbuy, who still has chips in the line is wishing. Refund or keep the chips anyway. Thats why this PM/Email/Forumpost comes into so i can collect this data and when Yifu posted his refund form we can use it and get refund for so many chips like buyers wish. Since we ordered 5.6 batches it could be that a batch remains ordered to deliver the chips that are wanted. Eventually that would maybe even batch 1.

So i need the following details from every member:

Username:
BTC-Refund Payment-adress:
Amount of chips you want to keep:

Send me the data simply by pm or email if known.

Of course all missing verifications for orders have to be cleared before i can give a refund to a unverified buyer.

Greetings!
Sebastian

twisted

Activity: 35

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:18:15 PM

Is this refund message for batch #6 members too?
Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 05:57:17 PM

And i ask myself if its ok when i pay out 95% of the paid bitcoins at the end so that i dont have to sit alone on the accrued costs and the work time.

The way I see it, the chips cost BTC 0.07821 per chip from Avalon and we paid you an extra BTC 0.00779 for the service of organising the group buy.

If the refund from YiFu is BTC 0.07821 then naturally that should be refunded to buyers.  If you choose to choose to refund a portion of the BTC 0.00779 then I'm sure people would thank you, but it seems to me you've done a lot of work and you're certainly not obliged to return all of it (or even any of it).

Just my 2c - I haven't decided if I'm going for a refund yet or will just take the chips.

roy
Tursk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:10:30 PM

Yifu prefers now zefir's suggestion a) full refund.

He was also ready for zefir's option b) get the chips later but at cheaper price, which is partial refund.

I'd prefer option b) as I have already paid burnin and he isn't offering full refund, which is understandable.

wingcom

Activity: 8

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:20:26 PM

If BFL would give me a refund now, I'd take it.
But not my Bitburner XX! It's special to me Wink
If that partial refund story is true, that would be great.
tiros

Just another miner

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:35:37 PM

Do we have an answer when Yifu will refund chips group buy customers? Knowing how long it took to refund batch #3 Avalon miners maybe we are looking into few months of delays?
For those who won't opt for refund, is there any conclusive day of delivery?

I think that Yifu should give straight answer about delayed chips shipments and time of shipments, and than we could fairly decide what to do.

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:44:18 PM

Hi Sebastian, is there any chance of us getting a sensible estimate for the shipping dates of your batches from Yifu if you asked him? He does seem to have been quite communicative today, so you may have some luck. I think that this information would be useful as part of the process of making an informed decision about what to do next (although I'm certainly aware that any delivery estimates should be treated with caution). My strong inclination is to stick with the GB - I've made a deal with you and burnin and I always intended to stick to it. However, if Yifu himself says it will be Xmas before we see chips then it would be a bit silly to go on I suppose.

Anyway, thanks again for all of the hard work that you've put into this, it's really a shame to see things starting to unravel at the end. You've been a hero throughout!

Edit: tiros beat me to the question!

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
g83

Activity: 448

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile WWW
August 29, 2013, 06:57:27 PM

If yifu knew when he could deliver he would post it. No post means he does not know shit
tiros

Just another miner

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 06:58:41 PM

Hi Sebastian, is there any chance of us getting a sensible estimate for the shipping dates of your batches from Yifu if you asked him? He does seem to have been quite communicative today, so you may have some luck. I think that this information would be useful as part of the process of making an informed decision about what to do next (although I'm certainly aware that any delivery estimates should be treated with caution). My strong inclination is to stick with the GB - I've made a deal with you and burnin and I always intended to stick to it. However, if Yifu himself says it will be Xmas before we see chips then it would be a bit silly to go on I suppose.

Anyway, thanks again for all of the hard work that you've put into this, it's really a shame to see things starting to unravel at the end. You've been a hero throughout!

Edit: tiros beat me to the question!

I like more the way you put your question. Smiley

jlsminingcorp

Activity: 493

Hooray for non-equilibrium thermodynamics!

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:03:24 PM

If yifu knew when he could deliver he would post it. No post means he does not know shit

That's a distinct possibility, but we could ask anyway.

Bitcoin can only be understood backwards, but it must be lived forwards.
BitFury ASIC miner hosted group buy [DONE MINING]
DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
August 29, 2013, 07:10:37 PM

That's a distinct possibility, but we could ask anyway.

That is not necessarily true, Yifu didn't know when would deliver, and yet said 9 to 10 weeks.  So the reverse is true.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: