Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 11:21:28 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Group Buy] Avalon ASIC Chips (SebastianJu) Batch 6 ordered (Closed)  (Read 125059 times)
Tursk

Activity: 92
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 01, 2013, 06:12:41 PM

Thanks and in the first line of his post on the page before he said:
The sixth batch cant be refunded.

So things weren't clear to me and probably others (as you allude to).

Sixth batch cannot be refunded by Avalon (yet).

First line of the message is most important as people will sometimes read only that Smiley

I'd still prefer the chips though as when I cancelled I had no idea the chips would even come. Sounded like I was at the back of the line.

Thx,
IAS

Me too, I changed my mind last night about total refund. Now I'd like to keep my chips on the 6th batch, because that's my biggest order from burnin.

chirale

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 10:44:08 PM

To be clear again about the process of refunding. I asked now for refund of 4 batches since there are 35869 chips that want to be refunded. So the fourth batch is >50% for refund. The sixth batch cant be refunded.

It doesnt matter what batch i refund and in what batch your order is. All buyers without refund request are moved into batches with chips. So refund of batch 3 doesnt mean all batch 3 buyers are refunded. See next paragraph...

The priority for refund is the following. In the order of refund requests coming in the refunds are processed. All buyers that didnt ask for refund will get chips from other batches....

Regarding Refund. We received 3 refunds and i asked for a fourth but didnt receive it yet. I have to think about whats fairest way to refund. Let me know your thoughts. I would refund the customers in the order of their refund request. That would mean 30000 chips could be refunded now. 95% refund like we spoke about in the thread so that i dont sit on the cost and work of the groupbuy. When the fourth batch gets refunded i refund the other 5869 chips and 4131 other chips can be refunded as soon as someone asks for it...

Any suggestions?

Sebastian,
I think the refund in order of refund requests is a good plan, and probalby the easier way to deal with it.
I personally think you should get also a bit more then 5%, given that this mess has generated more work for you! Looking at the current situation, how "easy" would have been to receive the chips and ship them out... (Sorry for the nostalgic moment...)

SebastianJu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 1082

Legendary Escrow Service - Tip Jar in Profile

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2013, 10:51:02 PM

So, are we getting 100% of chip order value back, and you keep the 9% extra (that you have already collected)? or are you taking 5% of the refund amounts coming in?
thats quite a markup..

It will be refund per chip 0.086BTC minus 5%...

when do you gona start the refunding process to customers?

Sorry im still busy today going through all the wishes, i asked for the fourth refund today though and 3 refunds are save already. And i did another pm round to inform the remaining members that didnt get back yet. I hope i find the time tomorrow to code something together to simplify the refund and automatically calculate, maybe i find a way to create one big transaction with all refunds.

Sebastian - Thanks again for all the work. I was (and still am a bit) confused with this. I am in Batch 6 and asked for a refund. But, it looks like those chips will ship and can't be cancelled. Even if they can be cancelled I'd prefer the chips as batch 6 might be close to being shipped?

If that is true, can you just cancel my refund request and pass the chips on to Burnin when they come?

If I misunderstood anything please let me know.

Thanks,
IAS

The batches arent so important anymore. What counts now is the queue of refunds that come in. Since everybody owning chips wanted those chips he has to redecide, i cant do this for others. So simply tell me what your wish is, i believe you did already and the earlier you were the higher the chance i can do it like you wish. It doesnt matter anymore if someone ordered in batch 6, 1 or 3. What matters is when someone claimed his wish. If he doesnt ask for refund his last known wish is taken, which then is that he wants the chips he ordered.

Sebastian - Thanks again for all the work. I was (and still am a bit) confused with this. I am in Batch 6 and asked for a refund. But, it looks like those chips will ship and can't be cancelled. Even if they can be cancelled I'd prefer the chips as batch 6 might be close to being shipped?

If that is true, can you just cancel my refund request and pass the chips on to Burnin when they come?

If I misunderstood anything please let me know.

Thanks,
IAS

It doesnt matter what batch i refund and in what batch your order is.

That's what The Sebastian said.

@SebastianJu can you please make a refund request list like zefir did, so people wouldn't be so confused?

Also that would be good to see before you start refunding so people could check if their refund message got through to you

Thats a good idea. I wont be able to do today anymore. Ill do it tomorrow. Hopefully i find the time.

@All... By the way... if anybody thinks about doing a groupbuy... here are my thoughts about and a not small portion of warning... Wink https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=285966.0

Sebastian,
I think the refund in order of refund requests is a good plan, and probalby the easier way to deal with it.
I personally think you should get also a bit more then 5%, given that this mess has generated more work for you! Looking at the current situation, how "easy" would have been to receive the chips and ship them out... (Sorry for the nostalgic moment...)

Thanks, but i think 5% is a good way in between. Wink

Please ALWAYS contact me through bitcointalk pm before sending someone coins.
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 12:05:26 AM

I think that this is fair compensation for all the work you have put in over the last few weeks finding out the intentions of hundreds of buyers. If you didn't charge a fee I was going to tip you something anyway so call the 5% a tip... Smiley

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
kong2029

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:35:09 AM

To anyone keeping large amounts of chips and looking for burnin watercooled boards:

I have purchased 24 watercooled bitburner XX boards (2 boards/1 waterblock) but am getting a refund on my chips.  Boards will accommodate 480 chips.  I will be able to get 50% back from burnin.  If anyone wants to buy me out at a discount to my paid price I'd be happy to transfer the order.  I'm thinking to set up an auction but would be OK to settle for a 25% discount immediately if that interests anyone.  I want to do this in one full order or two partials to keep it simple.  PM me if you have any interest.  Thanks.

kong
timewaster

Activity: 42

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:17:44 AM

For anyone with a smaller amount of chips looking for burnin air cooled boards:

I have purchased 5 BitBurners XX boards that I am wanting to sell. They will require 100 chips.
Order includes a CAN-BUS stacking cable.

Order number is under #500. I believe the numbering started at 300 - so quite early.

I paid 533 Euro. Will take 400, or best offer over 270. You will need to pay shipping. Payment in bitcoin.
eve

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:34:29 AM

I think that this is fair compensation for all the work you have put in over the last few weeks finding out the intentions of hundreds of buyers. If you didn't charge a fee I was going to tip you something anyway so call the 5% a tip... Smiley

Some of us are not as wealthy or rich liked you, we have a couple of mouths to feeds and rent to pay every month, well if some of us  request for full refund may you consider their request. "stripykitteh" could always give more of his generous donationsSmiley
stripykitteh
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:43:09 AM

Some of us are not as wealthy or rich liked you, we have a couple of mouths to feeds and rent to pay every month, well if some of us  request for full refund may you consider their request. "stripykitteh" could always give more of his generous donationsSmiley

Given the risk in getting chips late and the rising difficulty, I call getting back 95% of what I put in not a terrible result. I'm not in the habit of giving out donations for nothing, but sometimes you gotta take the deal that's on the table and move on.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
voxelot

Activity: 265
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:26:11 AM

Some of us are not as wealthy or rich liked you, we have a couple of mouths to feeds and rent to pay every month, well if some of us  request for full refund may you consider their request. "stripykitteh" could always give more of his generous donations.  Smiley

Given the risk in getting chips late and the rising difficulty, I call getting back 95% of what I put in not a terrible result. I'm not in the habit of giving out donations for nothing, but sometimes you gotta take the deal that's on the table and move on.

And if i am not wrong, unless you were the one buying btc when it was 250 usd to purchase,  then you have made money by the way btc has risen in value?
Stack

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 05:51:08 AM

And if i am not wrong, unless you were the one buying btc when it was 250 usd to purchase,  then you have made money by the way btc has risen in value?

I know in my case I certainly have. It was about 90$ when I bought coin for this venture. It has risen far more than the 5% that Sebastian will be keeping.
So yes, a 95% refund is brilliant, especially vs the very real possibility that we would see NOTHING (no chips, no coin)

Eve is just a troll

wingcom

Activity: 8

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:11:59 AM

The price per chip was 0,07821BTC, the deal for this groupbuy was 0,086BTC per chip so a 9,9% fee for Sebastian's work. The work still was/is there... in fact there is even more work now. I would definately be ok that you keep the original 9,9% Sebastian... for a job well done. We had a deal and you have every right to keep those btc's...
driksson

Activity: 294

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:25:08 AM

Ok great. Lowering to 5% from your previous 9.9% i believe is fair absolutely. (as you won't be doing shipping+handling+getting our payments for shipping fees, but merely repayments).
Thank you for this.
I will definetly send a tip your way, as i have an "unpaid" escrow with you aswell. Smiley
well done.
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:48:08 AM

For those of us who decided to keep the chips (e.g. me), is Burnin Mining still accepting orders for assembled boards?

Look at this post from today, says "announcement: I won't be selling to end-users anymore."

Here is the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg3060806#msg3060806

Now what?

IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
FTWbitcoinFTW

Activity: 476

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 11:55:25 AM

Same post

existing orders will be processed and delivered or refunded.

Lost coins only make everyone else's coins worth slightly more. Think of it as a donation to everyone.
it has lots of buttery taste..
Tursk

Activity: 92

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:43:36 PM

For those of us who decided to keep the chips (e.g. me), is Burnin Mining still accepting orders for assembled boards?

Look at this post from today, says "announcement: I won't be selling to end-users anymore."

Here is the thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=179769.msg3060806#msg3060806

Now what?

IAS

Why don't you try to order Bitburners from his web shop?

https://www.burninmining.com/

At least I can add products to my cart, but I didn't try checkout.

DebitMe
Legendary

Activity: 2786
Merit: 1011

Get Paid Crypto To Walk or Drive

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 03:46:42 PM

Now what?

IAS

Why don't you try to order Bitburners from his web shop?

https://www.burninmining.com/

At least I can add products to my cart, but I didn't try checkout.

Even if you can checkout, it doesn't mean he will accept the order, he could simply send the coins back to the originating address.  I immediately sent SebastianJu a PM stating I would like to switch from keep chips to a refund and I suggest that everyone do the same, since these chips can no longer be made into boards, and no direction has been given in regards to transferring orders for boards already placed.  There is a high chance that you could end up with worthless chips that cannot even be put into boards since no one is assembling them.

Get paid crypto to walk or drive. Play CoinHuntWorld! Earn Hundreds Monthly!
https://coinhunt.gsc.im/IZIijYr64Q
Its About Sharing
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1000

Antifragile

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 04:23:58 PM

Sebastian - Do you know anything about all this regarding Burnin Mining not taking orders?

Thx,
IAS

BTC = Black Swan.
BTC = Antifragile - "Some things benefit from shocks; they thrive and grow when exposed to volatility, randomness, disorder, and stressors and love adventure, risk, and uncertainty. Robust is not the opposite of fragile.
chirale

Activity: 116

View Profile WWW
September 02, 2013, 04:32:34 PM

@SebastianJu can you please make a refund request list like zefir did, so people wouldn't be so confused?
Also that would be good to see before you start refunding so people could check if their refund message got through to you

[/quote]

Sebastian,
Did you manage to find the time to draft the refund list? Tnx

Roy Badami

Activity: 563
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:19:07 PM

Now what?

IAS

I would suggest you contact burnin ASAP and ask him - he may not realise there is still interest in the Avalon product given so much talk about refunds (in his thread too) but since he pre-ordered many parts for it, he might be willing to take some more orders for it.

roy
m5

Activity: 82

View Profile
September 02, 2013, 06:46:26 PM

Now what?

IAS

I would suggest you contact burnin ASAP and ask him - he may not realise there is still interest in the Avalon product given so much talk about refunds (in his thread too) but since he pre-ordered many parts for it, he might be willing to take some more orders for it.

roy
All, please don't panic and read the entire announcement, it is mentioned there that he will process existing orders:
existing orders will be processed and delivered or refunded.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 »
  Print  

Jump to: