Bitcoin Forum
June 18, 2024, 01:29:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
davs

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:07:22 AM

I don't know of any future bounty program but I suspect of there is budget for such program, then I suggest to allocate some small amount on revamping the website appearance/design to make it more modern.

Having an attractive website IS a form of marketing, a form of a marketer spreading the words. And this is not supposed to be overlooked if Veritaseum believes in good marketing.

No, I don't think having an attractive-looking website needs to be expensive. The skills required for web designing are easy (at least far easier than programming skills). And there are plenty of services that actually help design great-looking websites for a tiny sum of money or even free (ref www.wix.com). Veritaseum should capitalize on such services.

So far the feedback I encountered about the website is that it's "straight out of 2002" or something like that.

The website can wait. They are working hard behind the scenes to get the actual services in place - to get a jumpstart on the competition! Anything beyond that is a distraction at this stage. I feel sorry for those who make decisions based on the attractiveness of a website. As the old saying goes: "Don't judge a book by its cover."

That being said, an attractive-looking, secure and fast website will definitely be a bonus!  Grin

Not just a bonus, in todays world it's a must. Visual identity, that is a recognizable logo and a decent website is something that this project/brand needs badly. Now it's the perfect time to sell some ether coins from the presale and hire a firm that knows how to do this.
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:28:48 AM

Veritaseum is like Apple (when Steve Jobs was taking the lead).

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:35:34 AM

I don't know why, but Clif High and his website also came to mind: https://www.halfpasthuman.com/  Grin
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:53:00 AM

Join the Crypto Revolution!: https://steemit.com/crypto/@cryptoupdates/join-the-crypto-revolution
Costix

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 08:59:23 AM

I don't know why, but Clif High and his website also came to mind: https://www.halfpasthuman.com/  Grin
He mentioned Veritaseum in a single sentence in this report... sitting like a solid rock on mine   Cheesy
paulmaritz

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 09:10:36 AM

He mentioned Veritaseum in a single sentence in this report... sitting like a solid rock on mine   Cheesy

It reminds me of that song: "solid as a rock"  Grin
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 11:35:59 AM

You guys put too much emphasis on websites, in my opinion, at least in regards to icos.look at the site that we're on now. It's straight out of the 90s, but tak3 note of where you choose to do your business. On that note, the la do g page has been redesigned since the Offering. Go to http://Veritaseum.com.

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
Costix

Activity: 46

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 12:18:57 PM

Nice! Looks much better! *thumbsup*
You know Reggie, Bill Gates garage was probably not the best place for him finding investors. Only young nerds in that time understood the importance but could only offer him a ride on their skateboard.  Grin
heymann

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 01:49:13 PM

You guys put too much emphasis on websites, in my opinion, at least in regards to icos.look at the site that we're on now. It's straight out of the 90s, but tak3 note of where you choose to do your business. On that note, the la do g page has been redesigned since the Offering. Go to http://Veritaseum.com.

Yes.  Too much emphasis on websites and not enough consideration for the value added activities happening behind the scenes.  The website looks fine to me.  Website demanding folks gotta recognize they are NOT, let me repeat, NOT the target audience at this point.  IMO peeps just have to go with the flow for now and stop distracting Reggie from his important work.  Smiley

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
Javita

Activity: 1

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:27:27 PM

Looking for information on some alert service to find out when VERI will hit the big exchanges. Don;t want to rely on word of mouth. How do we get first jump on this information?
stereotype
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 02:33:21 PM

You guys put too much emphasis on websites...
Personally, no, but many thousands of others do/will.
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:03:38 PM

Will the rest of the Veritas coins be sold to institutions or will they hit the exchange when Veritaseum is on a large exchange?
AltCity

Activity: 107

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 03:06:41 PM

Here's my opinion, a website can be great and the underlaying technology can be vaporware. I personally was able to use the P2P platform when it was released years ago. It blew my mind and I was psyched to see it advance and get more users. The missing piece was there was no way to monetize the use, it was peer to peer based on bitcoin. I am expecting that the next iteration will revolve around use of the VERI tokens and this will demonstrate value in having tokens.

I am interested in veritaseum based on their history of working technology. Could they have a flashier website? Sure, would it have increased the participation in the crowdsale, yes maybe, and your stake would be lower because of that and a higher float.

heymann

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 03:14:30 PM

Here's my opinion, a website can be great and the underlaying technology can be vaporware. I personally was able to use the P2P platform when it was released years ago. It blew my mind and I was psyched to see it advance and get more users. The missing piece was there was no way to monetize the use, it was peer to peer based on bitcoin. I am expecting that the next iteration will revolve around use of the VERI tokens and this will demonstrate value in having tokens.

I am interested in veritaseum based on their history of working technology. Could they have a flashier website? Sure, would it have increased the participation in the crowdsale, yes maybe, and your stake would be lower because of that and a higher float.

Great take-AltCity nails it with logic

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
naaktslak5

Activity: 492
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:35:57 PM

is there a veritaseum slack channel?
jbl888

Activity: 97

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:37:55 PM

Agreed Reggie ... we should be talking about the Veritas.PanCarib   http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/21-veritas-pancarib-what-would-the-euro-look-like-if-it-actually-worked

and all the exciting possibilities in the future but I guess there will always be trolls and another group I term "wing clippers" ... they have this uncontrollable desire to clip anyone and everyone's wings (oh and for the millennial: I am not talking about real physical wings) ... they go to a message board like this with a captive audience and proceed to clip any and everybody's wings under the guise of "helping" ... I don't need any of that kind of "help" ... I just made the best investment of my lifetime past and present and probably future: Veritaseum Veritas

Cheesy
thepo1m

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 04:52:32 PM

I said to Masiah that the bounty sheet should be made public for transparency sake, I was given 7.2 veri token for twitter bounty and I believe something is quite wrong with the calculation because 50,000 tokens was allocated to bounty campaigns out of which 20% of it go to twitter that is 10,000 token. So it is not possible for me to have 7 tokens out of 10,000 tokens because I was in the campaign for more than 4 weeks.

If the spreadsheet is not made public I will need to report to the moderator on the forum to see to this.

What I don't understand here is why Masiah decided to hide all the bounty stakes informtion. Please for transparency sake make the bounty sheet public for all to see
zapphirecoins

Activity: 95

Your gateway to pay a digital advertising on earth

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 05:47:30 PM

Very interesting and nice project.
Can't wait for bounty opportunity.. Cool

¦ ¦ ¦¦   .ZAPcoin.....¦¦¦¦   EVERYONE SHOULD HAVE IT¦¦¦¦   . ZAPcoin        ¦¦¦¦
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
June 22, 2017, 06:09:37 PM

I said to Masiah that the bounty sheet should be made public for transparency sake, I was given 7.2 veri token for twitter bounty and I believe something is quite wrong with the calculation because 50,000 tokens was allocated to bounty campaigns out of which 20% of it go to twitter that is 10,000 token. So it is not possible for me to have 7 tokens out of 10,000 tokens because I was in the campaign for more than 4 weeks.

If the spreadsheet is not made public I will need to report to the moderator on the forum to see to this.

What I don't understand here is why Masiah decided to hide all the bounty stakes informtion. Please for transparency sake make the bounty sheet public for all to see

I don't appreciate being threatened. Go ahead and report to the moderator, and you will never do business with us again. The bounty pool was for "up to $50k". We can't simple put a static $50k in the pool without knowing the partiipants, because one person (like you) can show up and literally expect $50k for sending a dozen tweets.
What's so egregious is that you were compensated $700 for sending a few twets, and you are a super influential celebrity, nor do you have 60,000 followers, yet you complain and threaten.

The allocation has a subjective component to it because we need to ascertaian whether a true effort was made on our behalf, and whether tha effort waa actually and materially additive to the project. When there is signifiant gray area, we have erred on the side of generosity. Speaking of which, you were paid $700 for a few Tweets, and your threatening us!

We have decided to extend the bounty program since the alotment has not be siffciently consumed (less than 80 people participated, I believe - but I'm not sure), but we don't want to attract the type who want to extort us because we won't pay more than $700 fora few Tweets to a very limited audience.

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
hangthebanksters

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 06:20:44 PM

I don't appreciate being threatened. Go ahead and report to the moderator, and you will never do business with us again. The bounty pool was for "up to $50k". We can't simple put a static $50k in the pool without knowing the partiipants, because one person (like you) can show up and literally expect $50k for sending a dozen tweets.
What's so egregious is that you were compensated $700 for sending a few twets, and you are a super influential celebrity, nor do you have 60,000 followers, yet you complain and threaten.

The allocation has a subjective component to it because we need to ascertaian whether a true effort was made on our behalf, and whether tha effort waa actually and materially additive to the project. When there is signifiant gray area, we have erred on the side of generosity. Speaking of which, you were paid $700 for a few Tweets, and your threatening us!

We have decided to extend the bounty program since the alotment has not be siffciently consumed (less than 80 people participated, I believe - but I'm not sure), but we don't want to attract the type who want to extort us because we won't pay more than $700 fora few Tweets to a very limited audience.

Reggie Middleton throwing down. Badassery for sure... Wink
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: