Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 05:19:43 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
Ant1Tr0ll

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:30:34 PM

"toknormal" is a giant TROLLLLLLLLL!!!!!! I expect he's probably the secret whale buying up as many tokens in circulation as possible....  spread as much FUD as possible to get cheap tokens. we all know your age old strategy toknormal!!!!
dave3

Activity: 344
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:34:54 PM

New to Veritaseum and thinking about making a splash.  Question, Why is the circulating supply of this token less than 2 million?  I understand Veritaseum owns 51mil of the 100mil total supply, but what's the deal with the other ~47mil VERI tokens?

Veritaseum offered 51 million tokens during the ICO.  A bit less than 2 million sold (the ICO didn't sell out).
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:38:51 PM

Reggie designed the software with institutional investors in mind... he was very clear that the only time us small fish would be able to buy was during ICO. Consider yourself lucky if you were one of the prescient few who recognized the opportunity & were able to scoop up some of these crown jewels when they were posted for ICO!
Ant1Tr0ll

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 01:52:08 PM

I can't help but notice many of the issues/questions that are being raised have previously been discussed to death in earlier threads... we have 70 pages going strong of discussions just like this... maybe go back & read some of the earlier discussions where these things were fleshed out to the umpteenth degree first before raising them for the 6th time???

Onward & upward for the veritaseum train!!! Lots of people don't yet fully grasp the diamond mine that is Veritaseum!!!! I'm HODLING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome to all interested newbies & those fostering a positive sentiment for veritaseum, but for all the trolls of the world, I'm here to flush y'all out!!! : )

toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 02:47:29 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 03:33:18 PM by toknormal

many of the issues/questions that are being raised have previously been discussed to death in earlier threads...

Not surprising. There is good reason to.

Reggie designed the software with institutional investors in mind... he was very clear that the only time us small fish...

As I said earlier, these are not 'institutional markets'. Blockchains are not regulated stockmarkets and they don't make any distinction between an incidental retail trader and an institutional one. They, and the products traded in them, will operate whatever way we as creators, investors, users and traders consensually deem them to optimally work.

Ok, lets look at it another way. Reggie is trying to 'paint' this picture of an institutional market and a non-institutional one and that "us small fish" (as Ant1Tr0ll so quaintly puts it) had a chance to get in on some 'members only' elite asset. But that's just stock-market mumbo-jumbo for what is no more than 1 wallet holder's arbitrary discernment.

Here's what the real picture looks like:

If you really need the mechanics of the situation spelled out, then lets take RM out of the equation and just do an accounting analysis on the asset:

• Wallet A holds 98 million tokens and trades in private
 • Wallet(s) B hold 2 million tokens and trade in public

Market B trades openly, up to a value of 0.7 VERI per Ether.

The holder of wallet A negotiates 20 sales of 500,000 tokens each at a 75% discount on the "Market B" token-to-coin exchange rate.

So lets take stock. I'll be generous and use the loosest possible definition of "in circulation" as to mean only the subset of the blockchain supply which has been traded. So we now have a 12 million token supply at the publicly traded price = 8.4 Million Ether marketcap. At that point the market will likely short the asset back down by, say a 50% retrace in marketcap due to the sudden jump in supply which would still leave the cap at a 300% growth but the token-to-coin ratio now trading at 0.35.

So who gained and who lost from this movement?

• Wallet A held 98 million tokens valued at 0.7 ETH. It now holds 88 Million valued at 0.35, but Wallet A didn't need a price hike, it needed a liquidity hike and got it.

• the OTC buyers of Wallet A's supply are still at a 100% gain "on paper"

• Wallets B didn't need a liquidity hike but needed a price hike. Instead they got a marketcap hike paid for with a 50% loss on their holdings.

Just before anyone jumps on me again, it isn't that OTC private trades are a problem - that goes on in all assets. It's the double standard of making sales out of a supply that doesn't count towards reported marketcap. I realise that happens in equity when companies "issue new shares" but if you do that in decentralised token markets it just looks like misleading the market.

I'm sure I'll get another slap down from Reggie at some point when he gets a chance to get his oar in. It will be an honour as I respect him and have always enjoyed his commentaries - on Max keiser, you name it.

All the same, I thought quite a lot about this and keep coming to the same conclusion so I post my opinions in good faith. These are evolving, decentralised markets and we need to shape their conventions ourselves and according to our prevailing values.
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:13:29 PM

many of the issues/questions that are being raised have previously been discussed to death in earlier threads...

Reggie designed the software with institutional investors in mind... he was very clear that the only time us small fish...

As I said earlier, these are not 'institutional markets'. Blockchains are not regulated stockmarkets and they don't make any distinction between an incidental retail trader and an institutional one. They, and the products traded in them, will operate whatever way we as creators, investors, users and traders consensually deem them to optimally work.

Ok, lets look at it another way. Reggie is trying to 'paint' this picture of an institutional market and a non-institutional one and that "us small fish" as Ant1Tr0ll so quaintly puts it had a chance to get in on some 'members only' elite market. But that's just stock-market mumbo-jumbo for what is no more than 1 wallet holder's arbitrary discernment.

If you really need the mechanics of the situation spelled out, then lets take RM out of the equation and just do an accounting analysis on the asset:

The holder of wallet A negotiates 20 sales of 500,000 tokens each at a 75% discount on the "Market B" token-to-coin exchange rate.

So lets take stock. I'll be generous and use the loosest possible definition of "in circulation" as to mean only the subset of the blockchain supply which has been traded. So we now have a 12 million token supply at the publicly traded price = 8.4 Million Ether marketcap. At that point the market will likely short the asset back down by, say a 50% retrace in marketcap due to the sudden jump in supply, which would leave the token-to-coin ratio at 0.35.

Wallet A held 98 million tokens valued at 0.7 ETH. It now holds 88 Million valued at 0.35, but Wallet A didn't need a price hike, it needed a liquidity hike and got it.

Wallets B didn't need a liquidity hike but needed a price hike. Instead they got a marketcap hike paid for with a 50% loss on their holdings.

Just before anyone jumps on me again, it isn't that OTC private trades are the problem - that goes on in all assets. It's the double standard of making sales out of a supply that doesn't count towards reported marketcap. I realise that happens in equity when companies "issue new shares". But if you do that in decentralised token markets it just looks like misleading the market.

I'm sure I'll get another slap down from Reggie at some point when he gets a chance to get his oar in. It will be an honour as I respect him and have always enjoyed his commentaries - on Max keiser, you name it.

All the same, I thought quite a lot about this and keep coming to the same conclusion so I post my opinions in good faith. These are evolving, decentralised markets and we need to shape their conventions ourselves and according to our prevailing values.

You keep saying the same things over and over like we haven't discussed this a million times already. This is a free market and hybrids or whatever can exsit that's the beauty of it. If you don't like it sell!!!!!. Read our history your beating a dead horse. I'm done responding to you.
WeatlhTransfer

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:31:39 PM
Last edit: July 05, 2017, 03:45:37 PM by WeatlhTransfer

This user is currently ignored.

I do not know what they want to achieve. Does Reggie needs to spell it out that 98 mio are not for sale. They could bought 49 mio more (if my memory serves me right) during ICO and it is their fault that they had not. And now crying and bitching here is just silly. I also blocked this user toknormal.
Dorky

Activity: 392

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:35:13 PM

I think toknormal isn't really concerned about whether the token is being gamed because he has no evidence of it and he isn't really into policing the right thing to do or else he would be busy with every other ICOs too.

I think toknormal is concerned that the token could be gamed that may affect his unsustainable "investment" position negatively.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 03:41:36 PM

I do not know what they want to achieve. Do Reggie needs to spell it out that 98 mio are not for sale. They could bought 28 mio more (if my memory serves me right) during ICO and it is their fault that they had not. And now crying and bitching here is just silly. I also blocked this user toknormal.

Exactly. It is a bit too much. They probably want us to spell it out 98 million times... a no can do.
ngin-x

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:29:07 PM

Reggie, Masiah & Co continue to succeed despite all of the major exchanges not yet listing VERI (what are we at now, a full month?!? It's totally laughable how long they're taking), all of the major crypto publication entities not publishing even a whisper about it.

We're sitting in top 20 territory as it is & haven't had any of the charity that some of the other coins/tokens get!!! That's because Veritaseum is such a superior piece of software! Just imagine what'll happen when we finally do get some recognition!!!

Reggie closes a HUGE deal with JAMAICA STOCK EXCHANGE, yet this is mentioned in none of the typical crypto publications. How is this even possible?!? LOL

Who cares if Bittrex doesn't list us?!? Reggie's shown it won't even matter because he's gonna make his own exchange that's even better than theirs. This is a man who kicks down the door to barriers & you can either ride the train with him ably conducting the enterprise or sit the sidelines trolling while he succeeds!!!!

Because no reputable crypto publication cares about your shitcoin promoted by a bunch of con-artists. Now go and lick Reggie's boot and ask him to bribe those publications with your shitcoin & see if it works.
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:33:12 PM

ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 04:37:12 PM

Ok, lets look at it another way. Reggie is trying to 'paint' this picture of an institutional market and a non-institutional one and that "us small fish" (as Ant1Tr0ll so quaintly puts it) had a chance to get in on some 'members only' elite asset. But that's just stock-market mumbo-jumbo for what is no more than 1 wallet holder's arbitrary discernment.

So lets take stock. I'll be generous and use the loosest possible definition of "in circulation" as to mean only the subset of the blockchain supply which has been traded. So we now have a 12 million token supply at the publicly traded price = 8.4 Million Ether marketcap. At that point the market will likely short the asset back down by, say a 50% retrace in marketcap due to the sudden jump in supply which would still leave the cap at a 300% growth but the token-to-coin ratio now trading at 0.35.

• Wallet A held 98 million tokens valued at 0.7 ETH. It now holds 88 Million valued at 0.35, but Wallet A didn't need a price hike, it needed a liquidity hike and got it.

• the OTC buyers of Wallet A's supply are still at a 100% gain "on paper"

• Wallets B didn't need a liquidity hike but needed a price hike. Instead they got a marketcap hike paid for with a 50% loss on their holdings.

Just before anyone jumps on me again, it isn't that OTC private trades are a problem - that goes on in all assets. It's the double standard of making sales out of a supply that doesn't count towards reported marketcap. I realise that happens in equity when companies "issue new shares" but if you do that in decentralised token markets it just looks like misleading the market.

Seriously man why are you wasting your time explaining logic to these crooks? Can't you see how defensive they get when somebody challenges them? This is classic scammy behavior. Huge red flag right there!

They are running an elaborate scam here and wants you to buy a coin where 98% of the coins are owned by the dev. Artificially restricting the real supply has helped the price to shoot through the roof. No respectable exchange has even listed this coin yet and probably won't either. They want to fool people into thinking that buying this shitcoin will make them part of an elite club too.
Waverider

Activity: 228

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:02:51 PM

ultra high net worth investors.... marijuana startups.... electric motorcycle company.... Reggie has been VERY OPEN & STRAIGHTFORWARD about EVERYTHING he's doing.

Why should these serious companies choose Reggie (who does not even care to make a good web site and did not create any innovative technology but uses Ethereum network) instead of going directly to Ethereum, Stratis, NEM, Waves, etc who develop real blockchain technologies.

I understand you guys all are big millionaires here so hopefully you do not mind donating few Veri's to me  Cheesy  So that I could be a proud member of your sect.

Tarz

Activity: 237
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:07:52 PM

Reggie, Masiah & Co continue to succeed despite all of the major exchanges not yet listing VERI (what are we at now, a full month?!? It's totally laughable how long they're taking), all of the major crypto publication entities not publishing even a whisper about it.

We're sitting in top 20 territory as it is & haven't had any of the charity that some of the other coins/tokens get!!! That's because Veritaseum is such a superior piece of software! Just imagine what'll happen when we finally do get some recognition!!!

Reggie closes a HUGE deal with JAMAICA STOCK EXCHANGE, yet this is mentioned in none of the typical crypto publications. How is this even possible?!? LOL

Who cares if Bittrex doesn't list us?!? Reggie's shown it won't even matter because he's gonna make his own exchange that's even better than theirs. This is a man who kicks down the door to barriers & you can either ride the train with him ably conducting the enterprise or sit the sidelines trolling while he succeeds!!!!

Because no reputable crypto publication cares about your shitcoin promoted by a bunch of con-artists. Now go and lick Reggie's boot and ask him to bribe those publications with your shitcoin & see if it works.

You should not be this obsessed with stuff you can not control and have a limited knowledge of. More or less than 90 percent of those who comments on this thread would not care about listing on jamaica exchange nor about your teenage anger. I also see no point in even mentioning these 98 million tokens, people will simply look through it, period.
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:13:22 PM

Secure Wallet for ETH, BTC, LTC, VERI, & ERC20 Tokens: https://youtu.be/GA7HJQEFusE  Cool
bitcrypto10101
Legendary

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:19:57 PM

Am I right ?

Total Supply 100,000,000 VERI ?
Circulating Supply 1,967,295 VERI  ?
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:23:26 PM

Am I right ?

Total Supply 100,000,000 VERI ?
Circulating Supply 1,967,295 VERI  ?

Yes. You're right.

http://coinmarketcap.com/assets/veritaseum/#markets
CanadianCryptos369

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:27:17 PM

Its strange Veri is ignored by these crypto exchanges, considering the huge news of the deals he's making with gigantic exchanges... How big is the market Veritaseum threatens to subvert??? Someone knows that number, its huge...Dare I say there's a conspiracy against it with a lot of money, hmm maybe, maybe not, well, it doesn't matter. Reggie DGAF and will roll out something better, whatever the case may be. Look at all the terrible cryptocurrencies embraced by these exchanges, and Veritaseum is pretty much ignored in the media as well. o.O???

FYI: Clif High is predicting Veritaseum to be the absolute star of the cryptocurrency world this year and the next, and Clif has proven he knows what he's talking about with cryptos. He also says he's talked to a wall street guy who says 5K/veri next summer. I'm not selling all of mine when the price explodes this year, maybe 10%.
CrytpoGod27

Activity: 245
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:31:02 PM

all this is a pump n dump coin. just look at the charts and those ridiculous 100 million dollar buy and sell orders.... smh.....
Dorky

Activity: 392

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 05, 2017, 05:33:15 PM

I think the best way to secure your wallet is to...

1. Generate new addresses from a formatted computer that is never going to be connected online.
2. Encrypt these addresses into password-protected .rar file (I don't think .rar file can be cracked, I believe it is very very secure).
3. Burn this .rar file into multiple copies of high quality DVDs (I recommend Verbatim's AZO DVDs).
4. These addresses will only be used as cold storage and transfer is done only when necessary.

Example, I generate 10 addresses and cold-store my bitcoin, ethereum, and erc20 tokens in them.
Say I have 100 BTC and generated 10 addresses.
I transfer 10 BTC to each of the addresses.
If I want to make an unavoidable transfer, I use only one of the 10 addresses.
If one of the addresses, once used, gets hacked, the remaining 9 addresses will remain safe.

With this method, I believe nobody absolutely need any hardware wallet like Trezor, Keepkey, Ledger, etc.

Edit:
If possible, I would like to know what's the email address of Mike B so I may send him a password-protected .rar file and let him decrypt it however he likes and prove me wrong.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: