Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 10:16:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250992 times)
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:56:18 PM

VERI/BTC & VERI/ETH pairs now available for trade at https://mercatox.com/news/veri-added

Excellent. One step at a time.  Cool
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 05:57:17 PM

Was there any news that explains the recent rise in VERI price?
I am happy with it, just wondering?

As posted earlier today...

The price of VERI tokens (Veritas) is rising because of various factors, including the following:

1. "1st Implementation of Capital Markets Blockchain Tech | Most Disruptive Business Model in the Industry | Most Monumental Tech Paradigm Shift Since the Internet"

2. Update from Reggie Middleton – Veritaseum is taking Jamaica to the Next Level! (June 30, 2017): http://www.cryptocoinupdates.com/update-from-reggie-middleton-veritaseum-is-
    taking-jamaica-to-the-next-level/

3. Veritas.PanCarib: What the Euro Would Look Like If It Actually Worked?: http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/21-veritas-pancarib-what-would-the-euro-look-like-if-it-actually-
    worked

4. World-class research and valuation reports that form part of the value proposition – available through the redemption of VERI tokens:
    http://veritas.veritaseum.com/index.php/research-center

5. The track record, hard work and dedication of Reggie and his team. E.g. they made accurate forecasts pertaining to major economic events (the collapse of Bear Stearns, Lehman
    Brothers, etc.), delivered a working product that was already in BETA in 2013, etc.

6. Total Supply: 100,000,000 VERI
    Circulating Supply: 1,967,545 VERI

The remaining 98,000,000 or so are only available to entities such as large private clients, institutions and sovereigns. These tokens are distributed to be used in
    the machine itself and will not be available for public trading. It ties in with CoinMarketCap's way of reflecting supply and prices: http://coinmarketcap.com/faq/

7. Despite numerous attempts to have VERI listed at other crypto exchanges, nothing has come of it yet. They have been ignoring the requests of both Veritaseum and VERI
    holders for most part.

8. Major crypto publications, for some reason or another, have so far chosen not to report on the progress made.

9. An increasing number of people are waking up to the potential of cryptos in general.

I can continue, but I am sure you get the idea. Cool
AltCity

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 06:01:47 PM

VERI/BTC & VERI/ETH pairs now available for trade at https://mercatox.com/news/veri-added

Excellent. One step at a time.  Cool
The Order book is is light on the Buy side on mercatox. If you have an interest in this listing on other exchanges be prepared to put in some buy orders. The sellers have listed their tokens on offer. Whether you want to buy at that price or not, price discovery requires two sides! I'd like to see both etherdelta and mercatox with robust buy and sell orders!
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:10:09 PM

The remaining 98,000,000 or so are only available to entities such as large private clients, institutions and sovereigns. These tokens are distributed to be used in
    the machine itself and will not be available for public trading.

Out of interest, what particular mechanism prevents them from being 'available for public trading' ?
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:12:58 PM

Was there any news that explains the recent rise in VERI price?
I am happy with it, just wondering?
Get used to it.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:17:47 PM

This user is currently ignored.

toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:23:26 PM

I appreciate that having your definition of what constitutes "public trading" challenged may sound like trolling but in fact as I understand it, if Reggie sells any entity a bag of tokens then they are free to trade it however they like - publicly, privately or not at all (i.e. held, to be "used in the machine").

You made it sound like that wasn't the case, that's all.

Feel free to clarify.
jbl888

Activity: 97

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:44:35 PM

I appreciate that having your definition of what constitutes "public trading" challenged may sound like trolling but in fact as I understand it, if Reggie sells any entity a bag of tokens then they are free to trade it however they like - publicly, privately or not at all (i.e. held, to be "used in the machine").

You made it sound like that wasn't the case, that's all.

Feel free to clarify.

Not really a great effort at trolling there amigo ... you gotta have something more original than the same question answered (even by Reggie himself) a dozen times

I'll give you an E for Effort though. Now ... to the "Ignore" feature for you (on the far left under his/her name)

Cheesy
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 06:47:52 PM

... you gotta have something more original than the same question answered (even by Reggie himself) a dozen times

Perhaps you mean this:

Traders are not my core consituency, and frankly we don't care about what they want. Utility seekers and long term network effect value consumers are who we cater to.

Fine. Reggie is catering to "Utility seekers", not traders. Excellent ! However my understanding is that those "utility seekers" are still at liberty to trade their blockchain asset as they see fit (just as you and I are).
naaktslak5

Activity: 492

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:16:37 PM

Veritaseum top 5 market cap within 6 months? or is that to positive? top 10 definitely
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:24:21 PM

Veritaseum top 5 market cap within 6 months? or is that to positive? top 10 definitely

Never mind 6 months.

Top 1 as soon as "circulating supply" is correctly reported Wink
naaktslak5

Activity: 492

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 07:41:01 PM

Veri @ Mercatox is listed on coinmarketcap.
azmojo

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 08:43:06 PM

... you gotta have something more original than the same question answered (even by Reggie himself) a dozen times

Perhaps you mean this:

Traders are not my core consituency, and frankly we don't care about what they want. Utility seekers and long term network effect value consumers are who we cater to.

Fine. Reggie is catering to "Utility seekers", not traders. Excellent ! However my understanding is that those "utility seekers" are still at liberty to trade their blockchain asset as they see fit (just as you and I are).
There's been no mention or discussion as far as I'm aware that there are any restrictions for any of the buyers including institutional buyers.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
████▀                                       ▀████
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 09:25:37 PM

That pop from the Jamaica stock exchange news is still being felt, if only there were more exchanges to go for eh, oh if only there was some kind of list that took you to the Jamaica stock exchange amidst the other plausible targets for Veritaseum to give you an idea of the scale here... Roll Eyes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_stock_market_indices#Jamaica

Oh and if only that list didn't include institutions and other banking targets that are potentially bigger and more lucrative.

I just don't see where the value is going to come from going forward Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Grin

/sarcasm.

To be serious for a moment, I do understand the sense of trepidation felt by some posting on here about a lot of tokens being "off book" yet to be distributed,  reading between the lines most of these posts imply that this will put downpressure on the price, that said what I think they're struggling to get their heads around is the inherent value added with each sale, many will be met with news akin to the Jamaica announcement, the network effect has already begun, value is added with each sale especially if it's high profile, it can be hard to get your head around I know!
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 09:33:37 PM

Update from Reggie: "i haven't been arrested, my servers haven't been confiscated and I'm still plugging away. I have a trip to another large country which looks very promising, and I was invited back down to Jamaica. This may be very promising as well. We'll see what I can return with, in hand."
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:19:52 PM

To be serious for a moment, I do understand the sense of trepidation felt by some posting on here about a lot of tokens being "off book" yet to be distributed...I think they're struggling to get their heads around is the inherent value added with each sale

And maybe what you're struggling to get your head around is simple arithmetic and standard accounting practice.

The fact that you think that more "off-book" sales may add value is not an excuse for manipulating markets through devious reporting or otherwise "gaming" of the statistics in order to garner liquidity for "institutional" investors at the expense of exposing small ones to higher levels of risk than they would be under authentically presented market metrics.
CryptoXMan

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:29:09 PM

To be serious for a moment, I do understand the sense of trepidation felt by some posting on here about a lot of tokens being "off book" yet to be distributed...I think they're struggling to get their heads around is the inherent value added with each sale

And maybe what you're struggling to get your head around is simple arithmetic and standard accounting practice.

The fact that you think that more "off-book" sales may add value is not an excuse for manipulating markets through devious reporting or otherwise "gaming" of the statistics in order to garner liquidity for "institutional" investors at the expense of exposing small ones to higher levels of risk than they would be under authentically presented market metrics.

You keep complaining about the way the market cap is calculated... It's really simple really.   If you want coinmarketcap to change, write them instead.  No amount of complaining in this thread will change the way they calculate on their site since nobody on that site is reading this thread....   Make them change it for everyone.  Your problem is solved.   Stop beating a dead horse in this thread.   You are really starting to just sound like a troll even if that's not what you are trying to do.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:39:25 PM

Stop beating a dead horse in this thread.

Hey, the horse is not dead - it's well and truly alive in case you hadn't noticed and this thread is only too happy to celebrate it.

It's alive because of a formula - the formula that I and others have been highlighting and the formula that Reggie designed, so don't diss it. You might regret it Wink
CryptoXMan

Activity: 119

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 10:42:30 PM

Hey, the horse is not dead - it's well and truly alive in case you hadn't noticed and this thread is only too happy to celebrate it.

It's alive because of a formula - the formula that I and others have been highlighting and the formula that Reggie designed, so don't diss it. You might regret it Wink

1. VERI didn't decide to calculate the marketcap based on that formula... (eg. this is not coinmarketcap thread)
2. See 1.

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:00:05 PM

1. VERI didn't decide to calculate the marketcap based on that formula... (eg. this is not coinmarketcap thread)
2. See 1.

This.

I guess we'll see if these concerns are validated as more exchanges will give a larger basis for price discovery.

I think blocking and cheaply labelling toknormal a troll as others on the thread have is a bit much.
Pages: « 1 ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 [75] 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: