Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:41:35 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250993 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:20:02 PM

1. VERI didn't decide to calculate the marketcap based on that formula...

I don't really know whether it did or didn't. But that "formula" is what's forming the basis of its current value (combined with a bit of help from him.."you don't know what you got there"..self).

With only 2% of the supply now valued at near on a half $Billion marketcap I'd say that was a reasonable incentive for keeping the other 98% 'off books' at all costs otherwise the token-to-coin ratio is going to get shorted to Kingdom Come. So I can empathise with your sense of urgency in keeping anyone who suggests such measures dismissed as "trolls" and not taken seriously Wink
paulmaritz

Activity: 672
Merit: 274

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:35:54 PM

"I think blocking and cheaply labelling toknormal a troll as others on the thread have is a bit much."

I am sorry to say, but you don't have a clue!
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 06, 2017, 11:40:39 PM

I will rather watch this than having to put up with the tripe posted by toknormal and his troll buddies, those who continue to call Veritaseum a scam, etc.: https://youtu.be/n8PYozPB-8I

Activity: 65
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 06, 2017, 11:53:18 PM

"I think blocking and cheaply labelling toknormal a troll as others on the thread have is a bit much."

Behave Roll Eyes Smiley Here's an article I wrote heavily referencing Veritaseum in November 2015 and I remain as bullish as ever, I try and see things from all angles is all, anyway I'm off out to look for some clues Cheesy
http://backbit.co.uk/?page_id=159
paulmaritz

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:06:30 AM

Behave Roll Eyes Smiley Here's an article I wrote heavily referencing Veritaseum in November 2015 and I remain as bullish as ever, I try and see things from all angles is all, anyway I'm off out to look for some clues Cheesy
http://backbit.co.uk/?page_id=159

When you come here defending the likes of toknormal, I honestly don't care how bullish you are. It is like water off a duck's back to me.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:13:12 AM

When you come here defending the likes of toknormal, I honestly don't care how bullish you are. It is like water off a duck's back to me.

I don't think he was defending me. He took your side in principle.

Keep your ducks dry for now.
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:23:57 AM

I feel a disturbance in "the force".

Hopefully the ducks didn't notice it Wink
KLN_IT

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:52:41 AM

Toknormal...your complaining about the fact the 98% aren't included in the circulating supply.. if that's the case then why don't all the coins listed on coinmarketcap read the same as VERI?  Litecoin has 84,000,000 million coins but they are currently only at 51,000,000 million...why are you not calling LTC a scam or XRP, or BTC or any others for that matter?

Their totals don't reflect the total supply but your making a big deal about VERI...why?
Ant1Tr0ll

Activity: 71

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:55:01 AM

WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO> GO VERITASEUM!!!!! Trains don't stop for TROLLS!!!!!! LILLLLLLLLLLLL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBVeNQ-mtcY

KLN_IT

Activity: 86

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 12:59:55 AM

Paul...2 questions sir..

1.  Can you currently rent out the VERI tokens now?  If so, where can I go to do this? If not, when will this be available?
2.  So the VERI tokens are only to access the machines for information...what if I don't want to access the machines?  Can I just hold and sell them and become a millionaire one day when they are valued at a very high price?
toknormal
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:05:18 AM

Ok. Comical interlude over.

I apologise for winding you up @paulmaritz. I should not have done that as it isn't my intention to use these posts to make people feel uncomfortable.

But lets take stock as to who is the real troll here.

I have been contributing considered opinion, often accompanied by some reasonable argument and the odd bit of anecdotal illustration and calculation. I've done so in good faith because having traded these markets for 4 years you observe certain things that are blatantly obvious market movers. I've also been careful not to use the "s" word, nor have I dismissed this token's fundamentals, which I believe to be sound, and nor have I "ad hominem'd" anybody as far as I'm aware.

What have you contributed of illuminating value ? You posted that coinmarketcom quote which was useful - I hadn't seen that. Apart form that, a large amount of handwaving and pictures of trolls.

So maybe a truce would be fruitful plus a more constructive appraisal of the matter at hand.

The issue as I see it is that when you have a single holder with a large amount of asset to sell in an illiquid market you need some kind of market leader to act as a price discovery mechanism so you can go and negotiate with 'large buyers' and make so called 'institutional sales'. (Which are not actually institutional at all since there are no institutions regulating them, they're just sales).

That was the role of the ICO and subsequent market rise on tiny volume.

What will happen now is that OTC (over the counter) sales will be made at significantly discounted token-to-coin exchange rates and large volumes which come from outside the published coin supply but which effectively qualify as 'circulating supply' since the tokens have now been distributed. This is great for large investors but for small investors there is considerably more risk from 2 sources:

1. a step change in published supply invoking a large and abrupt correction to the downside in token exchange rate to compensate for marketcap growth

2. an arbitrage driven correction between OTC and Exchange markets

I'm not necessarily saying that this will happen, I'm just pointing out that this risk is carried disproportionally by the small investor because:

• they do not gain from the liquidity increase (as the ICO issuer does)
 • they do not gain from the OTC discount (as the 'institutional buyer' does)

Sure, it may all work out and as has been pointed out, some other assets do this to a limited extent. But the ratio of published to unpublished supply in this case is absolutely monumental (which is why I suggested the policy of marketcap reporting is being 'gamed') and its something that no investor has control over. Their interests do depend on things staying that way as far as I can see.

Litecoin has 84,000,000 million coins but they are currently only at 51,000,000 million...why are you not calling LTC a scam or XRP, or BTC or any others for that matter?

Because Litecoin is a mined coin. The 84,000,000 don't currently exist whereas the 100,000,000 VERI do, are currently in a wallet and ready to be sold at the holder's whim. There's no "2 Million liquid supply" and "98 million illiquid supply". There's just a 100 Million token wallet with a single holder.
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:09:57 AM

Hey, the horse is not dead - it's well and truly alive in case you hadn't noticed and this thread is only too happy to celebrate it.

It's alive because of a formula - the formula that I and others have been highlighting and the formula that Reggie designed, so don't diss it. You might regret it Wink

Refer here https://coinmarketcap.com/faq/

What is "Market Capitalization" and how is it calculated?

Market Capitalization is one way to rank the relative size of a cryptocurrency. It's calculated by multiplying the Price by the Circulating Supply.

Market Cap = Price X Circulating Supply.

Nope, Reggie didn't design such formula.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Dorky

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:11:03 AM

And from the same faq by coinmarketcap.com...

Why is the Circulating Supply used in determining the market capitalization instead of Total Supply?

We've found that Circulating Supply is a much better metric for determining the market capitalization. Coins that are locked, reserved, or not able to be sold on the public market are coins that can't affect the price and thus should not be allowed to affect the market capitalization as well. The method of using the Circulating Supply is analogous to the method of using public float for determining the market capitalization of companies in traditional investing.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
heymann

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:14:37 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 01:37:16 AM by heymann

Ok. Comical interlude over.

I apologise for winding you up @paulmaritz. I should not have done that as it isn't my intention to use these posts to make people feel uncomfortable.

But lets take stock as to who is the real troll here.

I have been contributing considered opinion, often accompanied by some reasonable argument and the odd bit of anecdotal illustration and calculation. I've done so in good faith because having traded these markets for 4 years you observe certain things that are blatantly obvious market movers. I've also been careful not to use the "s" word, nor have I dismissed this token's fundamentals, which I believe to be sound, and nor have I "ad hominem'd" anybody as far as I'm aware.

What have you contributed of illuminating value ? You posted that coinmarketcom quote which was useful - I hadn't seen that. Apart form that, a large amount of handwaving and pictures of trolls.

So maybe a truce would be fruitful plus a more constructive appraisal of the matter at hand.

The issue as I see it is that when you have a single holder with a large amount of asset to sell in an illiquid market you need some kind of market leader to act as a price discovery mechanism so you can go and negotiate with 'large buyers' and make so called 'institutional sales'. (Which are not actually institutional at all since there are no institutions regulating them, they're just sales).

That was the role of the ICO and subsequent market rise on tiny volume.

What will happen now is that OTC (over the counter) sales will be made at significantly discounted token-to-coin exchange rates and large volumes which come from outside the published coin supply but which effectively qualify as 'circulating supply' since the tokens have now been distributed. This is great for large investors but for small investors there is considerably more risk from 2 sources:

1. a step change in published supply invoking a large and abrupt correction to the downside in token exchange rate to compensate for marketcap growth

I'm not necessarily saying that this will happen, I'm just pointing out that this risk is carried disproportionally by the small investor because:

• they do not gain from the liquidity increase (as the ICO issuer does)
 • they do not gain from the OTC discount (as the 'institutional buyer' does)

Sure, it may all work out and as has been pointed out, other assets do this. But the ratio of published to unpublished supply is fairly monumental and its something that no investor has control over. Their interests do depend on things staying that way as far as I can see.

Litecoin has 84,000,000 million coins but they are currently only at 51,000,000 million...why are you not calling LTC a scam or XRP, or BTC or any others for that matter?

Because Litecoin is a mined coin. The 84,000,000 don't currently exist whereas the 100,000,000 VERI do, are currently in a wallet and ready to be sold at the holder's whim.

Except for the backhanded swipe @ Paul, I appreciate this.  Nice interpretation and discussion toknormal.   You make a lot of sense here.

I'd also say in fairness we should highlight and expose any weaknesses that exist, in my own personal research, I haven't seen anything yet in VERI that gives me pause.  If someone spots a weakness it should be exposed and discussed.  If someone spots a strength it should also be dissected and discussed.  Our discussion is the dissection.

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
freedomstreaming

Activity: 144

Uncensored & Anonymous Live Streaming

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2017, 01:18:05 AM

Veritaseum is now listed on Mercatox...

▀▀▀▀▀  Freedom Streaming | Earn Crypto Rewards For Streaming and Viewing  ▀▀▀▀▀
Dorky

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:27:58 AM

A step change in published supply will not just happen to coinmarketcap but to every other exchanges as well, including stock market exchanges and futures market exchanges, so I believe this is extremely unlikely and a non-issue. This is because the formula to compute the market cap is the same for all the exchanges, crypto and conventional (stocks, futures). Veritaseum is not an outlier. And so there won't be arbitrage correction too.

There is no risk to the small "investor".

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 01:33:33 AM

Veritaseum is now listed on Mercatox...
We know.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███                                           ███
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
ngin-x

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:03:15 AM

This user is currently ignored.

I appreciate that having your definition of what constitutes "public trading" challenged may sound like trolling but in fact as I understand it, if Reggie sells any entity a bag of tokens then they are free to trade it however they like - publicly, privately or not at all (i.e. held, to be "used in the machine").

You made it sound like that wasn't the case, that's all.

Feel free to clarify.

Not really a great effort at trolling there amigo ... you gotta have something more original than the same question answered (even by Reggie himself) a dozen times

I'll give you an E for Effort though. Now ... to the "Ignore" feature for you (on the far left under his/her name)

Cheesy

The future of this shitcoin is quite obvious now. I don't think I have ever seen a more hostile thread than this. The moment anyone asks a legitimate question, he is branded a troll and sent to the ignore list by Reggie's army of paid goons. You think this is hurting us lol?

It's clear as daylight now that some people with vested interests are trying to prop up their shitcoin with 98% supply restricted so that they can cash out as millionaires. It's the same shit as Gnosis all over again. Nice try but I am gonna do everything possible to spread the word about the scam being propagated here so that innocent people don't fall in this trap.

You and your scam coin will never be listed on any real exchange, so yeah keep manipulating prices at those shitty exchanges with no volume while you still can. This won't last long.
Josef27

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:26:40 AM
Last edit: July 07, 2017, 03:36:56 AM by Josef27

I appreciate that having your definition of what constitutes "public trading" challenged may sound like trolling but in fact as I understand it, if Reggie sells any entity a bag of tokens then they are free to trade it however they like - publicly, privately or not at all (i.e. held, to be "used in the machine").

Feel free to clarify.

Not really a great effort at trolling there amigo ... you gotta have something more original than the same question answered (even by Reggie himself) a dozen times

I'll give you an E for Effort though. Now ... to the "Ignore" feature for you (on the far left under his/her name)

Cheesy

The future of this shitcoin is quite obvious now. I don't think I have ever seen a more hostile thread than this. The moment anyone asks a legitimate question, he is branded a troll and sent to the ignore list by Reggie's army of paid goons. You think this is hurting us lol?

It's clear as daylight now that some people with vested interests are trying to prop up their shitcoin with 98% supply restricted so that they can cash out as millionaires. It's the same shit as Gnosis all over again. Nice try but I am gonna do everything possible to spread the word about the scam being propagated here so that innocent people don't fall in this trap.

You and your scam coin will never be listed on any real exchange, so yeah keep manipulating prices at those shitty exchanges with no volume while you still can. This won't last long.

Wow now you magically show up.. LOL I think Paul called it!  It's pretty obvious what your adgenda is.. Trying to fud VERI from weak hands. Trying to take a good investment away from families who need it. What a sad life you live karma is real and will take what ever you get eventually by ill-gotten means.  On a good note its like what day 3 of your attempt an no one is buying it. FAIL! Infact since you started  VERI continues UP.
heymann

Activity: 82

View Profile
July 07, 2017, 03:34:40 AM

Feel free to clarify.

Cheesy

Yes.  I agree. The future of this coin is very obvious.  
So it is less hostile to bold your response? hmm I didn't know that.  Thanks for being our own personal role model.
Thanks as well for your concern for our financial well being, I am sure you have our best interests at heart, I can tell
So glad you showed up, what would we have done without you?  Thanks for saving us fools.
You obviously are a master of EtherDelta.
Yes, the manipulators must be punished.  Now go and spread the word with all of your integrity, might and life energy you can muster. Stay up late and spread the word.  Work hard.  Put in some overtime.  I am sure you will find a following.

Thanks again for considering all of our financial well beings in your most thoughtful and considerate response.

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
Pages: « 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 [76] 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: