Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:22:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 190 »
  Print  
Author Topic: VERITASEUM DISCUSSION THREAD  (Read 250991 times)
toknormal
Legendary

Activity: 3066
Merit: 1188

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 11:30:29 AM

It has to do with understanding what edge predictive linguistics affords.  As for me, and I know many others, it is working.

I think it has more to do with people buying whatever Clif High says they should buy than any "edge predictive linguistics".

Self fulfilling prophecies Wink

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Costix

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:03:12 PM

LOL, People actually take the predictions seriously? I know Clif's been fairly accurate lately on some things, but anyone who puts their full faith and trust into predictions - no matter the methodology or who they come from - deserve to be disappointed.

Laugh all you want, but I have to give clif high credit for providing leads that have netted me more cryptocurrency balances than I could have imagined without his work.  It has nothing to do with full faith and trust.   It has to do with understanding what edge predictive linguistics affords.  As for me, and I know many others, it is working.

A smooth 3000% call till now on Veritaseum... shame on you Clif  Wink
wavessurfing

Activity: 370
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 12:59:52 PM

I see some "filthy rich" holders with 1 address heavily loaded with various erc20 tokens worth some $ millions.
This is a potential danger because if this account gets hacked, ALL the tokens will be lost.
By right, the holder should generate multiple offline addresses and transfer a portion of each token to each of the addresses for cold storage.
So in case of mistake, the holder only lose a small portion, instead of everything.

I suppose the hack was due to phishing sites like myetherwaillet, myetherwalliet, etc.
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:01:32 PM

I see some "filthy rich" holders with 1 address heavily loaded with various erc20 tokens worth some $ millions.
This is a potential danger because if this account gets hacked, ALL the tokens will be lost.
By right, the holder should generate multiple offline addresses and transfer a portion of each token to each of the addresses for cold storage.
So in case of mistake, the holder only lose a small portion, instead of everything.

I suppose the hack was due to phishing sites like myetherwaillet, myetherwalliet, etc.

I suspect it's a bit more complex than that.   Grin

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
Reggie Middleton

Activity: 136
Merit: 100

UltraCoin "Smart" Derivatives: The Future of Money

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 01:05:34 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 01:15:46 PM by Reggie Middleton

We were hacked, possibly by a group. The hack seemed to be very sophisticated, but there is at least one corporate partner that may have dropped the ball and be liable. We'll let the lawyers sort that out, if it goes that far.

Although I hate to see assets stolen, and I hate theives, the incident proved both the resilient demand for our tokens and the utility of the decentralized exchange EtherDelta.

The hacker(s) made away with $8.4M worth of tokens, and dumped all of them within a few hours into a heavy cacophony of demand. This is without the public knowing anything about our last traction.

I would like to make it known that we had the option to fork VERI, but chose not to. At the end of the day, the amount stolen was miniscule (less than 00.07%) although the dollar amount was quite material.

Another point that I would like to make clear is that Veritaseum tokens are software that represent our knowledge, advisory and consulting skills, products and capabilities. Without the Veritaseum team, the tokens are literally wortheless! If someone were to someone confiscate 100% of the available tokens, all we need to do is refuse to stand behind them and recreate the token under a new contract. Again, we aren't selling currencies, we aren't selling securities. We are selling capabilities, and ability for those capabiliteis to connect parties P2P for the autonomous transfer of value. You can get away with a large securiteis heist, or a large currency heist. The Veritaseum team is what powers the value behind the Veritas token. A large theft of those tokens after a fork is as valuable as stealing 90M empty plastic cups.

The "marketcap" as the media likes to refer to, may seem high to those who don't understand how we employ platform economics, but those who understand should see that number as drastically undervalued. We have a roadshow for the NYC & Conneticut hedge funds next week. The Sr. partner of distressed credit of one of the world's largest funds specifically took the meeting after hearing about what we are doing. "This is big, very big" (that is an exact quote from the person who arranged the meeitng, who is a 40 yr veteran of Wall Streat, a literal brand name know by nearly every experienced professional - someone who had aggressively jumped on board team Veritaseum to assist in business development), for we are simultamesouly lining up private and sovereign credits to Veritize. This is in addition to what may be our final meeting with one of the world's top ten securities exchanges to use our product. That is in addtion to our Veritizing a medical practice as a showcase for doctors and healthcare biz pros around the world to emulate (using Veritas, of course). Think of us just capturing 50 basis points of all of the medical practices and related healthcare businesses in the world https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/Life-Sciences-Health-Care/gx-lshc-2017-health-care-outlook-infographic.pdf
Which will actually scale exponentially with out financial industry dealings (assuming we can capture .02% of that http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/030515/what-percentage-global-economy-comprised-financial-services-sector.asp
We have already landed the Jamaican Stock Exchange as VERI client just 30 days after the initial token offering. Actually, quite amazing...

Now, you can see how inconsequential the mere hack of a few million dollars

*Link Removed* : The Future of Money! A "Smart", Zero Trust, Peer to Peer, Decentralized derivative layer on top of Bitcoin!!!
 *Image Removed*
tex83rb

Activity: 606
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 01:12:17 PM

We were hacked, possibly by a group. The hack seemed to be very sophisticated, but there is at least one corporate partner that may have dropped the ball and be liable. We'll let the lawyers sort that out, if it goes that far.

Although I hate to see assets stolen, and I hate theives, the incident proved both the resilient demand for our tokens and the utility of the decentralized exchange EtherDelta.

The hacker(s) made away with $8.4M worth of tokens, and dumped all of them within a few hours into a heavy cacophony of demand. This is without the public knowing anything about our last traction.

I would like to make it known that we had the option to fork VERI, but chose not to. At the end of the day, the amount stolen was miniscule (less than 00.07%) although the dollar amount was quite material.

Another point that I would like to make clear is that Veritaseum tokens are software that represent our knowledge, advisory and consulting skills, products and capabilities. Without the Veritaseum team, the tokens are literally wortheless! If someone were to someone confiscate 100% of the available tokens, all we need to do is refuse to stand behind them and recreate the token under a new contract. Again, we aren't selling currencies, we aren't selling securities. We are selling capabilities, and ability for those capabiliteis to connect parties P2P for the autonomous transfer of value. You can get away with a large securiteis heist, or a large currency heist. The Veritaseum team is what powers the value behind the Veritas token. A large theft of those tokens after a fork is as valuable as stealing 90M empty plastic cups.

The "marketcap" as the media likes to refer to, may seem high to those who don't understand how we employ platform economics, but those who understand should see that number as drastically overvalued. We have a roadshow for the NYC & Conneticut hedge funds next week. The Sr. partner of distressed credit of one of the world's largest funds specifically took the meeting after hearing about what we are doing. "This is big, very big" (that is an exact quote from the person who arranged the meeitng, who is a 40 yr veteran of Wall Streat, a literal brand name know by nearly every experienced professional - someone who had aggressively jumped on board team Veritaseum to assist in business development), for we are simultamesouly lining up private and sovereign credits to Veritize. This is in addition to what may be our final meeting with one of the world's top ten securities exchanges to use our product. That is in addtion to our Veritizing a medical practice as a showcase for doctors and healthcare biz pros around the world to emulate (using Veritas, of course). Think of us just capturing 50 basis points of all of the medical practices and related healthcare businesses in the world https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/Life-Sciences-Health-Care/gx-lshc-2017-health-care-outlook-infographic.pdf
Which will actually scale exponentially with out financial industry dealings (assuming we can capture .02% of that http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answers/030515/what-percentage-global-economy-comprised-financial-services-sector.asp
We have already landed the Jamaican Stock Exchange as VERI client just 30 days after the initial token offering. Actually, quite amazing...

great reggie! is a pleasure to read you to explain against all the trolls on the web!

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
AltCity

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2017, 02:03:50 PM

Hacker's gonna hack. They stole VERI because it was valuable. This on top of the Parity Multisig wallet debacle is troubling. Even with the patched wallet I'm not sure Parity can be trusted. The solidity language has ease of use and some crazy default assumptions that make security gotchas like the Parity wallet snafu a constant fact of life.

I'm hoping you can move this along and provide the stakeholders assurance that the remaining tokens are in an off-line wallet, secure and ready for sale to the large institutions and funds that need them for business!
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 02:19:03 PM

The "marketcap" as the media likes to refer to, may seem high to those who don't understand how we employ platform economics, but those who understand should see that number as drastically undervalued. We have a roadshow for the NYC & Conneticut hedge funds next week. The Sr. partner of distressed credit of one of the world's largest funds specifically took the meeting after hearing about what we are doing. "This is big, very big" (that is an exact quote from the person who arranged the meeitng, who is a 40 yr veteran of Wall Streat, a literal brand name know by nearly every experienced professional - someone who had aggressively jumped on board team Veritaseum to assist in business development), for we are simultamesouly lining up private and sovereign credits to Veritize. This is in addition to what may be our final meeting with one of the world's top ten securities exchanges to use our product. That is in addtion to our Veritizing a medical practice as a showcase for doctors and healthcare biz pros around the world to emulate (using Veritas, of course). Think of us just capturing 50 basis points of all of the medical practices and related healthcare businesses in the world https://www2.deloitte.com/content/dam/Deloitte/global/Documents/Life-Sciences-Health-Care/gx-lshc-2017-health-care-outlook-infographic.pdf

Cool story bro! We believe you. When is the next "hack" coming?
wozzek23

Activity: 1568
Merit: 283

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:07:08 PM

How did you came up with this math magic, 00.07% of all VERI? $8,400,000.00 is a LOT and represents, 1.82% out of the $460M MC on July 23 or 2.24% out of the $375 MM on the time of writing. (July 24th, 12:05 PM EST)

You're like Dimitry Karamazov, "yes, I drunk up half of your money but I am not a thief. For if I were a thief I would've drunk up 100%". Than again, after drinking up another half of what has remained...

Do not fucking downplay the seriousness of the heist. Or a "mere" $84M could be next in line.

Damn.
azmojo

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:13:40 PM

LOL, People actually take the predictions seriously? I know Clif's been fairly accurate lately on some things, but anyone who puts their full faith and trust into predictions - no matter the methodology or who they come from - deserve to be disappointed.

Laugh all you want, but I have to give clif high credit for providing leads that have netted me more cryptocurrency balances than I could have imagined without his work.  It has nothing to do with full faith and trust.   It has to do with understanding what edge predictive linguistics affords.  As for me, and I know many others, it is working.
I'm not laughing. All I'm saying is that no one should be surprised or shocked when he gets one wrong, which does and will happen from time to time.

Lavalampoon claims to have put "a lot into VERI" on the basis of Clif's prediction as if it is a "sure thing." I hope it works out, but don't come crying to us if/when it doesn't.

▄▄
     ▄███
    █████
██████████████▄▄
██████████████████▄
███████████████████
█████     ▀▀█████████              ███████████▄    ███████████  ████      ███      ████      ██████████▄     ▄██████████▄
█████         ▀███████             ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  █████     ███     ██████     ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███   ████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
████            ██████             ███        ███  ███          ██████    ███    ███  ███    ███       ██   ███        ███
███▀            ██████             ███        ███  █████████    ███ ███   ███    ███  ███    ███▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███        ███
█▀              ██████             ███        ███  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀    ███  ███  ███   ███    ███   ██████████▀    ███        ███
                ██████             ███        ███  ███          ███   ███ ███   ██████████   ███  ▀███▄     ███        ███
              ▄███████             ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███   ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ███    ██████  ███▀▀▀▀▀▀███  ███    ▀███▄   ████▄▄▄▄▄▄████
          ▄▄█████████              ███████████▀    ███████████  ███     █████  ███      ███  ███      ▀███   ▀██████████▀
 █████████████████
▄████████████████▀
█████████████▀▀
    █████
    ███▀
    ▀▀
|CRYPTOCURRENCY WALLET AND
WORLDWIDE DEBIT CARDS         ||
                               ▄▄▄▄
                             ▄██████▄
    ██████████████████████████▀ ▄▄ ▀█████████
    ██                     ███  █   ███    ██
  ▄███████████████████████████████████████████▄
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
████▀                                       ▀████
███                                           ███
███                    ███████▄               ███
███   ▄█████████▄      ██    ▀██        ▄████████
███   ██       ██              ██      ██▀    ███
███   ██  ███  ██              ██      ██  ██ ███
███   ██       ██      ██    ▄██       ██▄    ███
███   ▀█████████▀      ███████▀         ▀████████
███                                           ███
███     ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██        ███
███      ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██  ██       ███
████▄                                       ▄████
 ███████████████████████████████████████████████
  ▀███████████████████████████████████████████▀
|
ngin-x

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:44:14 PM

How did you came up with this math magic, 00.07% of all VERI? $8,400,000.00 is a LOT and represents, 1.82% out of the $460M MC on July 23 or 2.24% out of the $375 MM on the time of writing. (July 24th, 12:05 PM EST)

You're like Dimitry Karamazov, "yes, I drunk up half of your money but I am not a thief. For if I were a thief I would've drunk up 100%". Than again, after drinking up another half of what has remained...

Do not fucking downplay the seriousness of the heist. Or a "mere" $84M could be next in line.

Damn.

Cut the man some slack. He is in damage control mode. He's doing his best to ensure the price of VERI stays high enough for next inconsequential "hack".
heymann

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 04:56:50 PM

What a professional well run operation Reggie Middleton heads.  The issue is being dealt with, what happened could have happened/does happen to everyone.

Veritaseum continues to head northward, with good reason.  Cheers!

"People don't understand what they have with these Veritaseum tokens"
Jeremy2017

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:04:30 PM

the tokens are literally wortheless

We knew that already. Thanks for the confirmation.
SmokingCrop

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:11:40 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 05:24:33 PM by SmokingCrop

Clif High's prediction for a high VERI price on July 24th isn't looking so good, perhaps the web bot data actually suggested a strong drop. Sucks for me, I put a lot into VERI this past week.

I don't know if you actually have the whole report but there is a big margin of error on those dates.

Quote from the report:
Note on dates:
There are dates provided within this report that are to the level of granularity that the
data types allow. Please note that these are ALL assumed to be within the minimum error range of IM
data or 3+ days.

IM = Immediacy data with forecasting effectiveness from 3 days to the end of the third week. Error range is 4 weeks.
ST  = Shorter Term data with forecasting effectiveness from the 4th week out through and inclusive the end of the 3rd month (from date of interpretation). Error range = 4 months.
LT = Longer Term data  with forecasting effectiveness from the end of the 3rd month out through and inclusive of the end of the 19th month. Error range = 19 months

Jeremy2017

Activity: 53

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:12:16 PM

Damn.

Cut the man some slack. He is in damage control mode. He's doing his best to ensure the price of VERI stays high enough for next inconsequential "hack".

A lot of cheap talk about upcoming imaginary deals and non existent business partners should do the trick.
Khlyst

Activity: 3

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:13:19 PM

Even if the address is known, is it possible to find the responsible party and retrieve the funds?  I also ask because I lost a significant sum of VERI and I know the address to which it was sent.  Maybe there is hope?  Needless to say, it's been tough watching the price skyrocket!

Hi Khylst, would you mind sharing more of the specifics about how you lost the VERI... how were you scammed into sending it to the thieves' address? I'm new to cryptos and am here to learn. If we can learn from you ... that would be awesome! Thank you Smiley

Reluctantly I'll admit I fell victim to a phishing attack, which is strange because I'm usually very careful when it comes to not clicking links in emails.  The email came in the form of a slackbot notification which linked to a phony MyEtherWallet site, so I entered my private key and less than a minute later my wallet was empty.  You should only access MEW from your bookmarks, and I know this, so I can only blame myself for being so careless.
Dorky

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

Best IoT Platform Based on Blockchain

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:15:57 PM
Last edit: July 24, 2017, 06:04:05 PM by Dorky

. . . . . .

Do NOT underestimate the hack. You are very very lucky you didn't lose all your 98 mil tokens or else your reputation can go down the drain.

Do NOT trust any corporate partner, or expect them to be trustworthy. No amount of lawsuit can compensate the damages done, i.e. loss of confidence.

Be more careful next time.

Now, it is your responsibility to recover all the tokens stolen. If you give me some BS that's impossible, then I will tell you what I will do if I were in charge. That will show you have no true competency beyond analytical competency.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████▄
   █████▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀████
  ██████      ███████      █████
 █████████▌   ███████   █████████
▐█████████▌   ███████   █████████▌
████████                   ███████
▐███████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄██████▌
 ██████████   ███████   █████████
  ██████▀▀▀   ███████   ▀▀▀█████
   █████      ███████      ████
    ▀████████████████████████▀
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

▄▄         ▄▄             ▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌           ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌     ▄▄▄▄▄▄███▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▄██████████▌   ▄███████████   ▄██████████
▐█████████████▌  ███▀     ▐██▌  ▐███▀     ███  ▐███▀
▐██▌       ▐██▌ ▐██▌      ▐██▌  ███▌      ███  ███▌
▐██▌       ▐██▌  ███▄     ▐██▌  ▐███▄     ███  ▐███▄
▐██▌       ▐██▌   ▀██████████▌   ▀██████  ███   ▀██████████
▀▀         ▀▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀       ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
FacebookTwitterBitcointalk
Dorky

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:23:55 PM

I hope Reggie Middleton isn't already half drunk with his success so far, judging by his jolly good attitude.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Dorky

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:27:26 PM

Without the Veritaseum team, the tokens are literally wortheless!

I hope you realize without the token holders of your initial 1.9+ mil VERI, the tokens would be literally worthless.

Your false pride may bring you down someday if you are not careful with it.

And you are beginning to show your incompetency.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Dorky

View Profile
July 24, 2017, 05:59:53 PM

Without the Veritaseum team, the tokens are literally wortheless!

You are effectively saying holding your VERI token is an extremely high-risk endeavor, because in case of any accident or mishap that takes your life away, everyone of us, including the Jamaican Stock Exchange and one of the top 10 stock exchanges will be totally 100% screwed.

Just because you are financially savvy (that's the only competency you really have, absolutely nothing to do with management competency) does not make you a truly wise person.

You need to know your place and be humble.

██
    ███
  █ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 ██ ███
 █  ██

▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄
      ▄████████████████████▄
      ▀████████████████████▀
         ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀

██
███
███
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
███ ██
 ██ 
  █

██    Whitepaper    ██
Pages: « 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 [95] 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 ... 190 »
  Print  

Jump to: