Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 06:07:54 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 226 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] [SUMO] SUMOKOIN - 🔏 Digital Cash For Highly-Confidential Transactions 🔏  (Read 202421 times)
sumogr

Activity: 463
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 04:51:56 PM

Do DEV have any update about new markets? That would be nice to know...

And a question for the communitiy: how can I help to promote the coin? I am quite a noob... what can I do? Any ideas?

is the Coin OK the why the price drop??

Sure is ok.
Price drop as market strategy to buy more cheap by holders.
They buy 1000 as example at any price and after that they will put them to sell at very low price more than buy offers.
After that scared people will start to put on sell lower than them and than they buy all at price they want.
Miners will not sell only at decent price now more than 0.0001 because they use energy for mining.
That is my opinion.
BR.

The coin is just fine, 2 things affecting sumo's price at the moment 1. Nicehashers wanting to pay their nicehash bills (so they will sell at any price) 2. The uneasiness of the entire crypto world due to the upcoming bitcoin fork (this affects all coins)

SUMO emission will only increase till 2021 so I doubt we will see any higher prices til then. But who knows, since it is 4 years till then.

I don't get it, Sumo will increase yes indeed but not in a disproportionnal way, so when the coin will be more known, more buyers will buy the coins mined.. Today it is like 10k Sumos per day, and it will be higher with time but I do not get why do you think price will not be higher. I think this is a really wrong statement to make. O

I am pretty sure that will happen.  SUMO price should hit bottom in 2020 or even latter. Just go research all PoW coins and their emission and you will see that. But as I said till 2020 is long long time so is hard to predict. But what I am 100% sure is that there will be way cheaper coins as are today at least at one point in future.

I still dont get your train of thoughts and the reasoning behind it but every opinion is respected.

jimmyvu

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 08:34:51 AM

And a question for the communitiy: how can I help to promote the coin? I am quite a noob... what can I do? Any ideas?

Sure is ok.
They buy 1000 as example at any price and after that they will put them to sell at very low price more than buy offers.
After that scared people will start to put on sell lower than them and than they buy all at price they want.
Miners will not sell only at decent price now more than 0.0001 because they use energy for mining.
That is my opinion.
BR.

The coin is just fine, 2 things affecting sumo's price at the moment 1. Nicehashers wanting to pay their nicehash bills (so they will sell at any price) 2. The uneasiness of the entire crypto world due to the upcoming bitcoin fork (this affects all coins)

SUMO emission will only increase till 2021 so I doubt we will see any higher prices til then. But who knows, since it is 4 years till then.

I don't get it, Sumo will increase yes indeed but not in a disproportionnal way, so when the coin will be more known, more buyers will buy the coins mined.. Today it is like 10k Sumos per day, and it will be higher with time but I do not get why do you think price will not be higher. I think this is a really wrong statement to make. O

I am pretty sure that will happen.  SUMO price should hit bottom in 2020 or even latter. Just go research all PoW coins and their emission and you will see that. But as I said till 2020 is long long time so is hard to predict. But what I am 100% sure is that there will be way cheaper coins as are today at least at one point in future.

I still dont get your train of thoughts and the reasoning behind it but every opinion is respected.

maybe and maybe not. price'd hit bottom when little or no investments pouring in, not bz of supply. ofc, from such point of view, the worst scenario could happen to all coins. don't do anything that can tarnish coin reputation, keep working is the best way to avoid it IMO. this coin has good potentials but not enough to ensure it always has good price like all other coins, yet i believe there will be a balanced point
sumogr

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 09:58:52 AM

Sure is ok.
That is my opinion.
BR.

I am pretty sure that will happen.  SUMO price should hit bottom in 2020 or even latter. Just go research all PoW coins and their emission and you will see that. But as I said till 2020 is long long time so is hard to predict. But what I am 100% sure is that there will be way cheaper coins as are today at least at one point in future.

maybe and maybe not. price'd hit bottom when little or no investments pouring in, not bz of supply. ofc, from such point of view, the worst scenario could happen to all coins. don't do anything that can tarnish coin reputation, keep working is the best way to avoid it IMO. this coin has good potentials but not enough to ensure it always has good price like all other coins, yet i believe there will be a balanced point

You are talking abt an only two month's old coin.  The potential is there and this can be proven by its 4 active devs. I agree that there are not a lot of things differentiating it from Monero yet (although there are some differentiating features already ) however if you follow the coin carefully and join the telegram group as well, you will find out by yourself that there are a lot of innovative features on the way. The good thing abt this coin is that nothing is announced before it is fully developed and thoroughly checked ( check the case with the improved difficulty algo for example )

jimmyvu

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:09:34 AM

Sure is ok.
That is my opinion.
BR.

You are talking abt an only two month's old coin.  The potential is there and this can be proven by its 4 active devs. I agree that there are not a lot of things differentiating it from Monero yet (although there are some differentiating features already ) however if you follow the coin carefully and join the telegram group as well, you will find out by yourself that there are a lot of innovative features on the way. The good thing abt this coin is that nothing is announced before it is fully developed and thoroughly checked ( check the case with the improved difficulty algo for example )

well, i follow this coin from the beginning and never underestimate or undervalue it. i know the way Japanese devs work, not too fast yet surely high qualified. ppl who expect sth suddenly happen with hyped and over promised should keep away from this coin, that is. but price is another story, it depends on many market factors and investments vs coin emission should be seriously concerned, right?
sumogr

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:20:30 AM

Sure is ok.
That is my opinion.
BR.

You are talking abt an only two month's old coin.  The potential is there and this can be proven by its 4 active devs. I agree that there are not a lot of things differentiating it from Monero yet (although there are some differentiating features already ) however if you follow the coin carefully and join the telegram group as well, you will find out by yourself that there are a lot of innovative features on the way. The good thing abt this coin is that nothing is announced before it is fully developed and thoroughly checked ( check the case with the improved difficulty algo for example )

well, i follow this coin from the beginning and never underestimate or undervalue it. i know the way Japanese devs work, not too fast yet surely high qualified. ppl who expect sth suddenly happen with hype and over promises should keep away from this coin, that is. but price is another story, it depends on many market factors and investments vs coin emission should be seriously concerned, right?

On that I totally agree with you. This coin is not for short term small profit investors (although you never know, in the crypto world everything is possible). Howver if Sumo continues to be developed at the same rate, with the same proficiency, I believe that it will get its place and value among the major coins in the following years. Check that coin emission follows the same path, it will reach pick value at the time we expect the coin to be fully developed ( This is also the time devs locked their funds as well )

jimmyvu

View Profile
July 17, 2017, 10:36:32 AM

well, i follow this coin from the beginning and never underestimate or undervalue it. i know the way Japanese devs work, not too fast yet surely high qualified. ppl who expect sth suddenly happen with hype and over promises should keep away from this coin, that is. but price is another story, it depends on many market factors and investments vs coin emission should be seriously concerned, right?

On that I totally agree with you. This coin is not for short term small profit investors (although you never know, in the crypto world everything is possible). Howver if Sumo continues to be developed at the same rate, with the same proficiency, I believe that it will get its place and value among the major coins in the following years. Check that coin emission follows the same path, it will reach pick value at the time we expect the coin to be fully developed ( This is also the time devs locked their funds as well )

i hope so. my math is, by 2020, there will be around over 20M coins around, it'll need $20M invested to keep 1$/coin (actually maybe it needs only a portion of that $20M sum to keep such price). with current growth rate of cryptocurrency market it would be no surprises if the coin have 200M invested or much more by then. though crowded, not many coins are truely good deved out there, i think
heratys111

Activity: 164
Merit: 71

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 03:45:24 AM

Alright... my interest is piqued.  I've read through the thread but don't want to search or review it -- how does one go about joining the Telegram group, again? (Perhaps this information can be added to the first page/announcement of the thread.)

By the way, the difficulty and hash rate increased sharply today (perhaps there has been a greater interest in Sumo recently).  For example, from within the daemon at the moment (using the diff command), the hash rate is 2.57 MHz and the diff is about 617 million.  The crazy thing is the pools have hash rates of 122kHz + 223 kHz + 35 kHz, totalling 380 kHz,  So, the bulk of the network hash rate is a lot of folks solo-mining (totaliing 2570 - 380 = 2190 kHz = 2.19 MHz)??

▐▐▐▐ CrocodileCash ▐▐▐▐
Fast and cheap ^_^ ▐  Aggressive, non-hyperinflationary 12% PoS ("Strength in Basking") ▐  4.4 million current supply ▐  SHA-256 PoW -- Making old ASICs great again
bzyzny

Activity: 274
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 04:19:47 AM

I'd be interested to hear what these future features discussed on telegram are, if anyone cares to share. As for the difficulty increase, I take it as a sign that people are starting to take notice. Granted, it could be a mining botnet or people just looking to mine and dump whatever is profitable at the moment. But even if thats the case, it's a good sign if they deem Sumokoin worth the risk to spend their resources on it. I have a feeling 3Mh/s will seem trivial within the next several months though...
sumoshi (OP)

Activity: 149
Merit: 100

www.sumokoin.org #SUMO

View Profile WWW
July 18, 2017, 04:27:27 AM

Alright... my interest is piqued.  I've read through the thread but don't want to search or review it -- how does one go about joining the Telegram group, again? (Perhaps this information can be added to the first page/announcement of the thread.)

Can't you click to the link and join Telegram right away? If not, please download Telegram first. Link to join Telegram Group is also at header of ANN post: https://t.me/joinchat/F8RH2kPmFCnA-igHBKSCAA

By the way, the difficulty and hash rate increased sharply today (perhaps there has been a greater interest in Sumo recently).  For example, from within the daemon at the moment (using the diff command), the hash rate is 2.57 MHz and the diff is about 617 million.  The crazy thing is the pools have hash rates of 122kHz + 223 kHz + 35 kHz, totalling 380 kHz,  So, the bulk of the network hash rate is a lot of folks solo-mining (totaliing 2570 - 380 = 2190 kHz = 2.19 MHz)??

There must be some pools or hashrate sources we don't know yet

Sumokoin = Privacy Without Compromise
ker999

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:31:20 AM

Yesterday Sumo was more profitable to mine with CPU than Monero! Today the difficulty problem has changed that even @ .00013BTC  Cry
sumogr

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 11:45:18 AM

Yesterday Sumo was more profitable to mine with CPU than Monero! Today the difficulty problem has changed that even @ .00013BTC  Cry

My friend the difficulty problem was solved weeks ago. The network is running smoothly. The fact that global hashrate is rising is most likely based on the fact that more people are finding the coin interesting. Dont worry price will adjust accordingly. It cant stay at .00013 BTC with this global hashrate.
It will certainly correct to a higher level soon

syncmaster913n

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 07:45:12 PM

My friend the difficulty problem was solved weeks ago. The network is running smoothly. The fact that global hashrate is rising is most likely based on the fact that more people are finding the coin interesting. Dont worry price will adjust accordingly. It cant stay at .00013 BTC with this global hashrate.
It will certainly correct to a higher level soon

Agreed; the price is already, slowly but surely, rising.

Sumokoin Telegram channel (over 1,900 members): https://t.me/joinchat/F8RH2kPmFCnA-igHBKSCAA
sumogr

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:03:26 PM

Devs have applied to Bittrex to enlist our Sumokoin in their exchange. It will speed up the process if our community put in a good word with them by contacting Bittrex.

Devs will come up with an updated short-term devplan within the next days

(Do not overdo it, no big words, no lies, no overpraising, just describe it's features and tell them why you believe in the coin and why you think it is necessary to include it in their exchange the soonest possible - Thank you all in advance Smiley )

syncmaster913n

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:13:36 PM

Awesome, thanks for the update! It would be really nice if we could have news like these added to the Blog on sumokoin.com so that people can easily and quickly find the most important updates; someone new to the coin might not have the time or energy required to go over all 50+ pages of the thread. Just putting the idea out there. The news posts don't need to be fancy; even just a copy/paste of the most important updates added in this thread and/or in Telegram would suffice. We could then have a prominent link to the blog at the top of the first post in this thread for all newcomers to check out. I believe this would help grow the community and interest by making it easier for people to know what is happening with the coin.

Already there have been at least one excellent demonstration of the developers' skills and analytical thinking (while solving the difficulty problem), but unless someone read all pages of the this thread, they would not know about it. I think the developers of Sumokoin and their ethics are currently the strongest value of Sumokoin and, as such, should be made more visible to everyone - an active blog could help with this.

Sumokoin Telegram channel (over 1,900 members): https://t.me/joinchat/F8RH2kPmFCnA-igHBKSCAA
sumogr

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:21:58 PM

Awesome, thanks for the update! It would be really nice if we could have news like these added to the Blog on sumokoin.com so that people can easily and quickly find the most important updates; someone new to the coin might not have the time or energy required to go over all 50+ pages of the thread. Just putting the idea out there. The news posts don't need to be fancy; even just a copy/paste of the most important updates added in this thread and/or in Telegram would suffice. We could then have a prominent link to the blog at the top of the first post in this thread for all newcomers to check out. I believe this would help grow the community and interest by making it easier for people to know what is happening with the coin.

Come over and join telegram then to make your suggestions directly to the devs. They are open to all suggestions regarding development and coin growth and acceptance. In fact they are asking for suggestions for features that community deems important for the coin in order to develop them Smiley

syncmaster913n

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 08:24:38 PM

Come over and join telegram then to make your suggestions directly to the devs. They are open to all suggestions regarding development and coin growth and acceptance. In fact they are asking for suggentions for features that community deems important for the coin in order to develop them Smiley

I had trouble installing Telegram on my Windows machine and deferred it to the weekend when I will have more time to try again. In the meanwhile, I would appreciate it if you could let the devs know of this suggestion on Telegram on my behalf. Thanks!

ultramen

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2017, 09:24:12 PM

Come over and join telegram then to make your suggestions directly to the devs. They are open to all suggestions regarding development and coin growth and acceptance. In fact they are asking for suggentions for features that community deems important for the coin in order to develop them Smiley

I had trouble installing Telegram on my Windows machine and deferred it to the weekend when I will have more time to try again. In the meanwhile, I would appreciate it if you could let the devs know of this suggestion on Telegram on my behalf. Thanks!

Use Telegram Web, no need installation
tribaljam

Activity: 118

View Profile WWW
July 19, 2017, 01:51:32 AM

Hi is it possible to mine with the GPU and NVIDIA please?
This works with the CPU but not the GPU.

sumogr

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 04:42:40 AM

Hi is it possible to mine with the GPU and NVIDIA please?
This works with the CPU but not the GPU.

https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak-nvidia

bitcoingue

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 19, 2017, 10:26:37 AM

Devs have applied to Bittrex to enlist our Sumokoin in their exchange. It will speed up the process if our community put in a good word with them by contacting Bittrex.

Devs will come up with an updated short-term devplan within the next days

(Do not overdo it, no big words, no lies, no overpraising, just describe it's features and tell them why you believe in the coin and why you think it is necessary to include it in their exchange the soonest possible - Thank you all in advance Smiley )
Thanks for the info.

What's the best way to contact Bittrex about the sumo ? TIA
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 226 »
  Print  

Jump to: