Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:17:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169890 times)
mikebacker

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 25, 2018, 08:47:00 PM

With Stellar announcing their DEX and many others developing DEX's is NVO relevant anymore? What will set the NVO DEX apart from these?

Serious question. Long term NVST hodler here.

Unfortunately the reality is this space is evolving quickly, if they don't produce a product in a timely manner bigger projects, with bigger budgets, and better coders will undoubtedly snuff projects like this out. There is still plenty of demand for the ecosystem to support more exchanges but timing at this point is critical as NVO needs to start establishing a user base.

With that said I am an investor from the ICO and will continue to support this project as there are a few things that, IMO, will differentiate it from others.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wilson623

Activity: 99
Merit: 11

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 12:27:16 AM

With Stellar announcing their DEX and many others developing DEX's is NVO relevant anymore? What will set the NVO DEX apart from these?

Unfortunately the reality is this space is evolving quickly, if they don't produce a product in a timely manner bigger projects, with bigger budgets, and better coders will undoubtedly snuff projects like this out. There is still plenty of demand for the ecosystem to support more exchanges but timing at this point is critical as NVO needs to start establishing a user base.

With that said I am an investor from the ICO and will continue to support this project as there are a few things that, IMO, will differentiate it from others.

98% of transactions are still centralised, If NVO stays on target, I think it will do well.
Besides, I wouldn't want Jed McCaleb a.k.a Mt. Gox a.k.a Stellar to have anything to do with DEX Tongue
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 01:58:38 AM
Merited by radiumsoup (2)

Well first off, stellar was founded by someone that was working at Ripple, right? It was basically meant to be a 'rival' of sorts. I don't know much more than that about it because I don't invest in banker shitcoins.

NVO is different because it's a modular exchange. Any token can be added to it. This means any blockchain, not like a lot of wallets or exchanges that say they offer a lot of alts, but they're mostly ERC20 tokens.

50% trading fees seems to be common with these exchanges, but I like NVO better because it's NOT an ERC20 token. I wouldn't invest in another ERC20 token, because I don't believe they're going to be around very long. They're okay for now and great for crowd sales.

NVO is such a different than any other project I've seen and that's why I'm invested in it. No one knows about it yet so it's the perfect time to buy in. Imagine what happens when advertising starts, when you can buy NVO easily and the DEX is out! I don't want to be scrambling to buy at that point.

Also, the best part about NVO is it's SEXY! Have you downloaded the wallet? It is awesome. It's going to be so easy to use, not some clunky mess like waves or even worse, the XCP DEX. It's going to change the way we think about decentralized exchanges.

Veserus may give people a chance to get in with fiat, which opens even more doors.
caisa88

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
January 26, 2018, 09:56:16 AM

I think one of the reasons for why the price on NVST is not increasing is because it can be found only on the Counterparty DEX.
 Isn't it possible for it to be listed on other exchanges also ?

fanty

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:21:37 PM

I think one of the reasons for why the price on NVST is not increasing is because it can be found only on the Counterparty DEX.

ofc it can, and you can read all about it in this thread, so you came to the right place.

gl!
_Ricardo_

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 02:45:13 PM

DEVs tried to list in Cryptopia, but they do not support XCP tokens. They also tried HitBTC, however they asked for a very unrealistic value to list the token. So the DEV found it best to develop their own CEX (Veserus), where it will be listed NVO and Xenio as well, thereby saving money from ICO.
centersmissing

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 05:13:53 PM

I am not a coder - but I have heard that more coders does not always mean faster results.  The current NVO team may be the perfect size.  And as far as better coders - how do you know we don't have the best?   Wink
raymonddaf

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 07:54:02 PM

Do we have an approx date on exchange launch? Website says q1

vlom
Legendary

Activity: 1498
Merit: 1113

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 08:27:55 PM

who is sending this e-mails?

Subject: Your Invitation to Join the Beta: NVO.IO - NVST - NVSX
Date: 26 January 2018 at 20:04:20 GMT+1
To: undisclosed-recipients:;

The NVO team is wishing you, a happy and magical New Year.
- You can check your following investment, with the links attached.
- We thank you for the participation, and funding of the initial NVST and NVSX token.

- Whitepaper: https://nvo.io/assets/whitepaper.pdf
We are building a secure and fast decentralized exchange and wallet.
Hope it brings you lots of joy and happiness.

All the best.
Ton Bi – CEO and Founder

attached is a zip file.

_Ricardo_

Activity: 77

View Profile
January 26, 2018, 09:18:14 PM

- We thank you for the participation, and funding of the initial NVST and NVSX token.

All the best.
Ton Bi – CEO and Founder

attached is a zip file.

probably another attempt at fraud.

Another fraudulent email released on official Tweets NVO:
nvoassets @ gmail
Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 02:31:16 AM

All the best.
Ton Bi – CEO and Founder

attached is a zip file.

Don't click any links. It's got to be a scam. That seems way to random for th to send out and doesn't sound like Ton at all. Also, I've never seen that email address before, and why would they use their subasset as the domain rather than the DEX name? Makes no sense. Steer clear.
Cakeonit

Activity: 199
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:08:39 AM

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having problems with Counterparty sweep function lately.  I have been holding NVST since the ICO, and I have been trying unsuccessfully to sweep the NVST into my Counterparty address.  Every time thus far, I was sweeping without including the BTC from the original address; ie. I was "unclicking" the BTC in the original address, and only including the NVST in the sweep attempt.  I do not have any BTC in the Counterparty wallet at this this time.  I think this is the root of the "error" that has come up thus far on every (weekly) attempt thus far.  So, tonight, I am including the BTC that resides in the origin address and I hope this makes the difference.  I was not thinking, until now, that there must be some BTC included in the sweep to pay for the network fees; with the mempool in better shape today than it has been recently, my hopes are high for the sweep.  I really feel like a hostage to the Counterparty system and NVO TBH.  Anyone that has recent or relevant experience with the Counterparty sweep functionality, please let me know if you have any suggestions..... 
Cakeonit

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:13:47 AM

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having problems with Counterparty sweep function lately.  I have been holding NVST since the ICO, and I have been trying unsuccessfully to sweep the NVST into my Counterparty address.  Every time thus far, I was sweeping without including the BTC from the original address; ie. I was "unclicking" the BTC in the original address, and only including the NVST in the sweep attempt.  I do not have any BTC in the Counterparty wallet at this this time.  I think this is the root of the "error" that has come up thus far on every (weekly) attempt thus far.  So, tonight, I am including the BTC that resides in the origin address and I hope this makes the difference.  I was not thinking, until now, that there must be some BTC included in the sweep to pay for the network fees; with the mempool in better shape today than it has been recently, my hopes are high for the sweep.  I really feel like a hostage to the Counterparty system and NVO TBH.  Anyone that has recent or relevant experience with the Counterparty sweep functionality, please let me know if you have any suggestions.....  

So I just spent 30 minutes trying to sweep INCLUDING the (0.01BTC) bitcoin from the origin address in the sweep attempt.  After watching the dev console in my browser, it looked promising, as it showed much more activity;  it ended up failing however, and provided a transaction hash, and when I explored this hash on a block explorer, I got "Unable to decode output address."  So I'm trying yet again.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.
Chris!
Legendary

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:29:43 AM

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if anyone else was having problems with Counterparty sweep function lately.  I have been holding NVST since the ICO, and I have been trying unsuccessfully to sweep the NVST into my Counterparty address.  Every time thus far, I was sweeping without including the BTC from the original address; ie. I was "unclicking" the BTC in the original address, and only including the NVST in the sweep attempt.  I do not have any BTC in the Counterparty wallet at this this time.  I think this is the root of the "error" that has come up thus far on every (weekly) attempt thus far.  So, tonight, I am including the BTC that resides in the origin address and I hope this makes the difference.  I was not thinking, until now, that there must be some BTC included in the sweep to pay for the network fees; with the mempool in better shape today than it has been recently, my hopes are high for the sweep.  I really feel like a hostage to the Counterparty system and NVO TBH.  Anyone that has recent or relevant experience with the Counterparty sweep functionality, please let me know if you have any suggestions.....  

So I just spent 30 minutes trying to sweep INCLUDING the (0.01BTC) bitcoin from the origin address in the sweep attempt.  After watching the dev console in my browser, it looked promising, as it showed much more activity;  it ended up failing however, and provided a transaction hash, and when I explored this hash on a block explorer, I got "Unable to decode output address."  So I'm trying yet again.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thanks.

That's normal for an unconfirmed transaction. It sounds like you've successfully sent your funds so I would just wait for them to confirm at this point.
Cakeonit

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:37:23 AM

That's normal for an unconfirmed transaction. It sounds like you've successfully sent your funds so I would just wait for them to confirm at this point.
[/quote]

Well, I checked the original address, and the balance is still unchanged - nothing has moved.  I am trying again....
Cakeonit

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 04:43:41 AM

OK, I tried again after I saw "error" on the Counterparty wallet page.  Here is the TX hash-  7edc68516a40b874df46d9bdb9d1ba8c3dbcc9c83de83d2574b742eb482051f7  - 
Does this look like anything is moving?  Thanks for the feedback Chris!
centersmissing

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 01:51:50 PM
Merited by radiumsoup (1)

Well, I checked the original address, and the balance is still unchanged - nothing has moved.  I am trying again....
[/quote]

If you are trying to sweep using Counterparty, you will have better luck this way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neYqIOKlyus

It will be a little difficult to follow at first but this method is more successful (so I am told - I have never tried it).
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 05:39:54 PM

Quote from: Cakeonit

If you are trying to sweep using Counterparty, you will have better luck this way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=neYqIOKlyus

It will be a little difficult to follow at first but this method is more successful (so I am told - I have never tried it).
this youtube instruction video is accurate. There is also a hosted version of the sweep tool, hosted by community user TWSR, at https://sweep.nvo.party (currently not working due to a certificate error with cloudflare, but it should be working again in a few hours.)

The video goes fast, but if you pause it and study the screen as the author is using the sweep tool, then you can follow along fairly easily.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 07:54:13 PM

I'm a fan of NVO, but the fact of the matter is that everyone and their grandmother are now creating their own DEX. The longer it takes for NVO to launch, the less of an impact that it will have in the market space. Currently, we have Flyp.me, which is a decentralized exchange that has been up and running since August. They are still relatively unknown, but they're gaining more volume each month. The only way that NVO succeeds is if there is continued exponential demand for cryptocurrencies.

It looks like a new exchange gets launched every week and some of them will offer fiat to crypto exchange. The more time that passes, the less of an impact NVO will have when it eventually launches. Just my 2 cents.

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
January 29, 2018, 09:01:09 PM

I'm a fan of NVO, but the fact of the matter is that everyone and their grandmother are now creating their own DEX. The longer it takes for NVO to launch, the less of an impact that it will have in the market space. Currently, we have Flyp.me, which is a decentralized exchange that has been up and running since August. They are still relatively unknown, but they're gaining more volume each month. The only way that NVO succeeds is if there is continued exponential demand for cryptocurrencies.

It looks like a new exchange gets launched every week and some of them will offer fiat to crypto exchange. The more time that passes, the less of an impact NVO will have when it eventually launches. Just my 2 cents.
Well, considering my grandmother would have a hard time understanding how to turn on a computer, let alone know what crypto is, let alone how to set up a DEX, and assuming that most grandmothers are in a similar situation to my own, I'm pretty sure the quality level of all of these grandmothers' DEXes is nothing to worry about compared to the complexity of the NVO DEX.

As for flyp.me, it relies on other centralized exchanges to perform a trade, holds funds in a centralized wallet to facilitate trades, and sends centralized funds programmatically once your own funds are transmitted on the blockchain. It is NOT a DEX. It's just a web front end (with an api) that allows you to trade using other exchanges' liquidity anonymously. That's it. You still must trust the flyp.me operators to perform the trade. Just like any other centralized exchange.

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86
Pages: « 1 ... 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 [128] 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: