Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 02:44:20 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169912 times)
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 01:30:40 AM

This guy actually thinks that being a few weeks late on software is a big deal? So many people have never lived in reality. Anytime you have a project, stuff goes wrong and issues come up.

Yes, and good developers & companiescommunicate openly and honestly about it. Do *you* have any experience in the business world? Delays are inevitable - lack of communication is generally an indication of deeper problems.

Again, I stated the case against NVO.  Instead of simply criticizing, why don't you try to make the affirmative case for them?  What they have done well thus far?  What evidence have they provided for your faith?  What metrics have they met successfully?  Seems like it's a lot easier to criticize the critics, but much tougher to justify the faith.

I might have a little experience in the business world with my supply chain management degree, my prior experience working for a fortune 500 and my business that I've owned for the last two year.

They only took 9% of the first escrow payout, they were entitled to 1/3. They are using an escrow, they keep updating slack and we keep seeing the wallet in action. Now tell me, why did you make a newbie account to troll this forum? Are you with some crappy competitor?

swirve

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:29:51 AM

I might have a little experience in the business world with my supply chain management degree, my prior experience working for a fortune 500 and my business that I've owned for the last two year.

Then I would hope you'd know that slack forums are not a good way to communicate to an investor base.  Otherwise, your degree is worthless and I hope you didn't have any kind of an important job at your company.  This is even more basic than Business 101.  They have a website - they should use it.  Expecting people to hunt down the business owner on a slack channel - and one that is not taking new members at the moment - is about as stupid a business philosophy as you can get.

They only took 9% of the first escrow payout, they were entitled to 1/3. They are using an escrow, they keep updating slack and we keep seeing the wallet in action. Now tell me, why did you make a newbie account to troll this forum? Are you with some crappy competitor?

Again, you seem really big on distraction.  Why does it matter why I'm here?  The facts are facts -if they are on your side, you should be able to make an *affirmative* case for them instead of just trying to discredit everyone else.  Why do you avoid that?  If you are correct about them doing things right, it should be very easy to do.  Escrow is irrelevant because you have no access to the money anyway - there's no need or reason to take all the money from escrow immediately.  As I mentioned earlier, updating slack is relatively worthless - that's not a professional means of communication any more than Trump posting policy on Twitter.  The wallet is NOT in action - at least from what I've seen, all we have are images, which frankly mean nothing.  

centersmissing

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:38:20 AM

So what I gather so far here:

* The ICO was a shitshow due to poor instructions and guidance - the very first part of the project was a total clusterfuck - well I followed the directions and received my tokens just fine. There were some folks who sent from a source of multiple inputs that did not receive their tokens yet, because of the plethora of people who didn’t follow the directions that even though the crowdsale said they would lose their tokens, the NVO team has still helped them and have been forced to suspend all customer service until the first milestone.
* NVO has missed - by large margins - every deadline or estimate they've given.  "Days away" has turned into months, for example.  While the wallet has been delayed, most of the delay has been from a change in strategy to code for the exchange some portions at the same time while coding the wallet.  The other delay has been to work out some bugs which is common.
* NVO has been terrible at communicating and has no central source of information or updates - and can't be bothered to update the one official place they have (their website) Ton is active on slack.  I do agree communication could be better, but they have stated to the slack community that until the wallet is released and they have produced something, they are not making communication a priority.  This is their decision.  Some people may not like it.  They prefer to let their product do the talking first, then they will come out of their shell.
* NVO has provided literally no proof of any work or accomplishments so far That is untrue.  They have had a Skype call with 33 slack members showcasing the wallet and answering some questions.  They do not want to broadcast code until the project is in advanced stages.  They do not want to reveal their innovations just yet.  This can appear to be an excuse for lack of work, but as this project could very well be something special it can also be a viable tactic for self-preservation.  When the wallet comes out, soon -  all of these doubts will vanish.
* No one knows anything about any of the developers except that some are also involved in other similarly unfinished/non-responsive projects I can’t say much here except one of the unfinished projects was abandoned for this one. 

Does that sum up where we are?

Outside of blind faith, what is the trust-in-NVO argument based on?  What have the developers shown you that suggests they can:

* Build the NVO exchange The wallet seen on Skype helps, but what proof does anyone have that any ico will come to fruition and be successful?  They are all a gamble.  Personally my initial small investment came from just the white paper, subsequent investments have come through conversations in various forums that I have witnessed or been a part of.
* Develop an actual clientele and address the various customer service and other issues that will come up Same thing here - based off conversations, statements, and also the amount of people they helped in the early stages to get their tokens even when they didn’t follow clear ico directions.  It clearly said on the ico page to not send bitcoin from an exchange or from an address you do not control the private keys, yet some people still did that.  And NVO took the time to help them.  That has to mean something.  They consistently say that once the wallet is released, we will see a heightened presence.  I am fine with that, some are not.
* Make it profitable and bring in consistent revenues Nothing new to say
* Reliably deliver the shares of profits to NVO Token holders Nothing new to say

So the deal is this - a wallet should be coming out soon.  If you don’t trust them you can either wait to invest or sell what investment you have.  If you are not sure or do trust them, wait a little while longer and see what happens. 
hazenyc

Activity: 668
Merit: 257

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:41:59 AM

So what I gather so far here:

* The ICO was a shitshow due to poor instructions and guidance - the very first part of the project was a total clusterfuck
* NVO has missed - by large margins - every deadline or estimate they've given.  "Days away" has turned into months, for example.  
* NVO has been terrible at communicating and has no central source of information or updates - and can't be bothered to update the one official place they have (their website)
* NVO has provided literally no proof of any work or accomplishments so far
* No one knows anything about any of the developers except that some are also involved in other similarly unfinished/non-responsive projects

Outside of blind faith, what is the trust-in-NVO argument based on?  What have the developers shown you that suggests they can:

* Build the NVO exchange
* Develop an actual clientele and address the various customer service and other issues that will come up
* Make it profitable and bring in consistent revenues
* Reliably deliver the shares of profits to NVO Token holders

I actually thought the ICO was fine, people just can't follow directions in cryptoland.
Deadlines do tend to get missed in software engineering though, and they do have hard evidence of progress.
Their communication definitely could be better, maybe like a weekly update on the website or something.  Just a paragraph here and there would go a long way.
I've heard that there are more than just two devs on the project (they hired more with the ICO funds).
Hopefully they can bring everything you noted below to the table.

It's good to hear other perspectives, maybe we can get some others to chime in.

This guy actually thinks that being a few weeks late on software is a big deal? So many people have never lived in reality. Anytime you have a project, stuff goes wrong and issues come up.

Maybe he prefers the product to be launched on time but with bugs and all kinds of pitfalls. Fine, I hope he is the first to lose big money trading on a half-baked product. Give them time to get it right or would you really want to trade on an insecure exchange???
PrisonerOfLies

Activity: 33

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 05:25:29 AM

The BTC escrowed funds is long gone from the multi-sig address, alt-coins untraceable
Lauda
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965

Terminated.

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2017, 08:27:11 AM

The BTC escrowed funds is long gone from the multi-sig address, alt-coins untraceable
Stop posting lies you baboon. The funds are safe and sound, moved to a different address as was announced by me quite some time ago: https://blockchain.info/address/354jirex7gkFxMiNmN45SxyMxSUsdGcrsf.

Altcoins were never traceable, nor is that any of your concern. The team took less % than they could with the first release milestone.

"The Times 03/Jan/2009 Chancellor on brink of second bailout for banks"
😼 Bitcoin Core (onion)
stoicphoenix

Activity: 26
Merit: 3

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 08:48:45 AM

Is this the same Prisoneroflies who tried to extort 100btc from the dev team?
PrisonerOfLies

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:01:33 AM

No - I just like the name.
migello

Activity: 460
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 11:14:28 AM

yes

* The ICO was a shitshow due to poor instructions and guidance - the very first part of the project was a total clusterfuck

There was very clear instructions about how to partecipate in the crowdsale

medium: https://medium.com/nvo-exchange/how-to-contribute-to-the-nvo-crowdsale-d3e4453e3d7d

reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/NVO/comments/6kj3c1/crowdsale_reminder/
and many more.

a lot of people sent from exchange and fucked up, the team for MONTHS have helped the investors with the issue.
KUDOS fo them

* NVO has missed - by large margins - every deadline or estimate they've given.  "Days away" has turned into months, for example.

if i recall correctly first deadlines were: wallet by january 2018 , DEX by 2nd quarter 2018.
they then revised the roadmap to: end of year 2017 for the wallet (estimated 1 november at best) and 1st quarter 2018 for the DEX.

* NVO has been terrible at communicating and has no central source of information or updates - and can't be bothered to update the one official place they have (their website)
very  active on slack (almost every day), communication could be better, i think that with the wallet release they'll improve

* NVO has provided literally no proof of any work or accomplishments so far

SKYPE AMA with slack NVO community members, showing wallet code and working wallet.

* No one knows anything about any of the developers except that some are also involved in other similarly unfinished/non-responsive projects
so... 99% of the ICOS are scam

yes, they are early with the roadmap.

F3arl3ss

View Profile
November 18, 2017, 04:55:41 PM

I think Migello hits this one on the mark.  His responses are succinct and given the current state of affairs with the facts that we know; I feel like his answers reflect NVO accurately.  Now, this doesn't mean that NVO is a slam dunk, they still may run into problems in the future regarding exchange development. It also doesn't mean that they can't just take the funds they have already gotten from escrow and disappear.  However, I don't believe that this is the case with the team as there as been hard evidence of a wallet on slack and skype.  They are still actively developing the wallet, perhaps we just need to give them the time that they need to work on it.
PrisonerOfLies

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 01:41:48 AM

More delays with wallet, more excuses.... How can I get my escrow money back?
Occam

Activity: 29

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 03:59:40 AM

Stop posting lies you baboon. The funds are safe and sound, moved to a different address as was announced by me quite some time ago: https://blockchain.info/address/354jirex7gkFxMiNmN45SxyMxSUsdGcrsf.

Altcoins were never traceable, nor is that any of your concern. The team took less % than they could with the first release milestone.

Stop calling people names you flea-bag. LOL

"The team took less % than they could with the first release milestone." Meaning what exactly ??

--Are they going to donate their surplus, after meeting their mile-stones with some sort of a product, to charity ??
Occam

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:02:29 AM

It would be funny if it turned out to be Lauda !
Occam

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:05:38 AM

Sorry dude, it's their money now.
PrisonerOfLies

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:21:26 AM

Sorry dude, it's their money now.

This is riduclous, especially this Lauda "escrow".  My escrow money is none of my concern?  How does that logic work?

And why start insulting the people who invested and made this project possible in the first place?
thesavoyard

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 07:32:59 AM

Then I would hope you'd know that slack forums are not a good way to communicate to an investor base.  Otherwise, your degree is worthless and I hope you didn't have any kind of an important job at your company.  This is even more basic than Business 101.  They have a website - they should use it.  Expecting people to hunt down the business owner on a slack channel - and one that is not taking new members at the moment - is about as stupid a business philosophy as you can get.

Again, you seem really big on distraction.  Why does it matter why I'm here?  The facts are facts -if they are on your side, you should be able to make an *affirmative* case for them instead of just trying to discredit everyone else.  Why do you avoid that?  If you are correct about them doing things right, it should be very easy to do.  Escrow is irrelevant because you have no access to the money anyway - there's no need or reason to take all the money from escrow immediately.  As I mentioned earlier, updating slack is relatively worthless - that's not a professional means of communication any more than Trump posting policy on Twitter.  The wallet is NOT in action - at least from what I've seen, all we have are images, which frankly mean nothing.  

You're clearly, very immature. Again, why did you make a newbie account to troll here?

F3arl3ss

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:07:31 PM

Question though, when NVO finally implements the DEX, how will they handle the fiat to crypto conversion? Are they going to provide plugins to 3rd parties?

This is an important step for them because the lion's share of the volume is from fiat to crypto.  If they can implement cross-blockchain transactions, that's great, but they also need fiat conversion as well.
swirve

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:20:38 PM

You're clearly, very immature. Again, why did you make a newbie account to troll here?

LOL. When you or I signed up or what our backgrounds are is completely meaningless on an anonymous message board.  All that matters are the facts about NVO that are out there - independent of you or I.  Your inability and unwillingness to make an affirmative case for NVO while focusing on distraction speaks volumes about you but nothing else.  

On the flipside, major kudos to centersmissing and migello for actually making a pro-NVO argument on the previous page.  Those are the types of posts that have merit and value.    We'll see if their faith is justified in the coming months.

thesavoyard

View Profile
November 19, 2017, 04:42:11 PM

LOL. When you or I signed up or what our backgrounds are is completely meaningless on an anonymous message board.  All that matters are the facts about NVO that are out there - independent of you or I.  Your inability and unwillingness to make an affirmative case for NVO while focusing on distraction speaks volumes about you but nothing else.  

On the flipside, major kudos to centersmissing and migello for actually making a pro-NVO argument on the previous page.  Those are the types of posts that have merit and value.    We'll see if their faith is justified in the coming months.

I've read your "case" and I'm not impressed. Nothing you have pointed out is even slightly suspicious. I've pointed out solid evidence against it being a scam but just like your "case"you ignored anything you do not want to hear. We're all aware you're just here to troll, maybe you should fuck off then?

MadStuntman

Activity: 69
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 20, 2017, 10:20:54 AM

Everyone should stay a little bit more calm and let the developers do their job. Rome wasn't built in a day.  Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 [100] 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 ... 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: