Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 06:00:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CrowdSale Ended]🌟🌟🌟🌟 NVO Decentralized Exchange | MultiWallet 🌟🌟🌟🌟  (Read 169889 times)
radiumsoup

Activity: 356
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 04:36:52 PM

actually I will be releasing a website that enables the BTC pay feature on the counterparty dex making buying/selling NVST with BTC a breeze
I'm curious to hear more about how that works though, so the more details (and the sooner) the better.
There is a function in the counterparty protocol called 'bitpay' where one can place a buy order for a token using bitcoin instead of xcp or another token. It's a bit tricky to do - the buy side requires two transactions, and the timeout for any order match is just 20 blocks.

It can manually be done right now - you can see the history of matches from the very beginning of the NVST listing. But it's not as simple as just sending the bitcoin to the seller address.

Basically, the flow goes like this: Seller places order to sell NVST for BTC. Buyer places an order to match. The CP protocol says that once a match is made, the buyer has 20 blocks to complete the trade by making a second transaction that sends the appropriate amount of bitcoin in a transaction that includes the bitpay opcodes. You can see from this that a problem is created when a user places a buy order first and a seller matches the order while the buyer is away (or asleep, whatever.) Since the second transaction must be placed after a match, only a connected client can send the required bitcoin, and web services cannot reliably do that in an automated manner. Knowing this, the Counterwallet team disabled bitpay transactions some time ago from their web app.

Another hitch in the process is that if you send the bitcoin to the seller but the bitpay transaction doesn't confirm before the 20 block expiration, the tokens are not credited and the buyer effectively loses their bitcoin unless the seller sends them a refund (there is no mechanism to enforce refunds, you must rely on the seller's good graces.)

The method TSWR is setting up is a fork of an existing bitpay website that doesn't currently work - he and I are modifying it to work properly. Right now we are working on fixing a fee bug, but it should be ready to go...soon Wink

PGP fingerprint:   0x85beeabd110803b93d408b502d39b8875b282f86

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Chris!
Legendary

Activity: 1382
Merit: 1122

View Profile
May 28, 2018, 10:40:27 PM

actually I will be releasing a website that enables the BTC pay feature on the counterparty dex making buying/selling NVST with BTC a breeze
I'm curious to hear more about how that works though, so the more details (and the sooner) the better.
There is a function in the counterparty protocol called 'bitpay' where one can place a buy order for a token using bitcoin instead of xcp or another token. It's a bit tricky to do - the buy side requires two transactions, and the timeout for any order match is just 20 blocks.

It can manually be done right now - you can see the history of matches from the very beginning of the NVST listing. But it's not as simple as just sending the bitcoin to the seller address.

Basically, the flow goes like this: Seller places order to sell NVST for BTC. Buyer places an order to match. The CP protocol says that once a match is made, the buyer has 20 blocks to complete the trade by making a second transaction that sends the appropriate amount of bitcoin in a transaction that includes the bitpay opcodes. You can see from this that a problem is created when a user places a buy order first and a seller matches the order while the buyer is away (or asleep, whatever.) Since the second transaction must be placed after a match, only a connected client can send the required bitcoin, and web services cannot reliably do that in an automated manner. Knowing this, the Counterwallet team disabled bitpay transactions some time ago from their web app.

Another hitch in the process is that if you send the bitcoin to the seller but the bitpay transaction doesn't confirm before the 20 block expiration, the tokens are not credited and the buyer effectively loses their bitcoin unless the seller sends them a refund (there is no mechanism to enforce refunds, you must rely on the seller's good graces.)

The method TSWR is setting up is a fork of an existing bitpay website that doesn't currently work - he and I are modifying it to work properly. Right now we are working on fixing a fee bug, but it should be ready to go...soon Wink

Well that sounds like a tough fix! I'm glad we have some competent community members that can come up with these solutions. Thanks guys!
centersmissing

Activity: 111
Merit: 3

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:02:33 PM

Soon?  Can we expect weekly updates on your progress?  Twitter and Reddit posts as well?
TSWR

Activity: 127
Merit: 1

View Profile
May 30, 2018, 07:54:25 PM

Soon?  Can we expect weekly updates on your progress?  Twitter and Reddit posts as well?
i normally post on twitter for simple/small updates https://twitter.com/TSWR_Tech  and reddit/btct for larger announcements 
even so, I am hoping to have the site ready by next sunday  maybe earlier, it all depends on if the fee issue continues to persist after we apply a fix. when we get time.
_Ricardo_

Activity: 77

View Profile
May 31, 2018, 12:51:19 AM

Has anyone deposited ETC in the wallet? I did a test with ETC in the wallet but it does not show in the balance. The ETC went to the address but did not show the balance.
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 02:28:13 PM

Has anyone deposited ETC in the wallet? I did a test with ETC in the wallet but it does not show in the balance. The ETC went to the address but did not show the balance.

I think you must be joking. No one with the right mind would use this terrible wallet.
radiumsoup

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 06:02:26 PM

I think you must be joking. No one with the right mind would use this terrible wallet.
Still whoring for attention, I see. I must admit, it's not entirely unexpected.

_Ricardo_

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:20:13 PM

I did a test with a small value. Did not drop the transaction in the wallet.

as the wallet provides the private key, I can import into another wallet.

But a bug to solve in the wallet.  Sad
TSWR

Activity: 127

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 08:39:42 PM

But a bug to solve in the wallet.  Sad
 you are sure you are running the latest version of the wallet ? regardless if it is a present issue with the latest version  this will be fixed in  the next update i believe a month from now.
_Ricardo_

View Profile
June 01, 2018, 09:13:16 PM

But a bug to solve in the wallet.  Sad
 you are sure you are running the latest version of the wallet ? regardless if it is a present issue with the latest version  this will be fixed in  the next update i believe a month from now.

The problem is in both wallets 1.0.0 and 1.1.0.

Operating System: Ubuntu 16.04LTS

No problem, the small amount of ETC I have deposited, and I have the private key. Only reporting the same problem.
PrisonerOfLies

Activity: 33
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:07:24 PM

What a sham this project is, the #2 holder is liquidating and good luck to his sale.  This guy must know something and better to lose 35% than 100%.

Despite repeated reassurance of Q1 DEX, we are approaching the end of Q2 and the CEX is still nowhere in sight, oh wait, the wallet is still buggy.

Of course, sick, high blood pressure etc are regularly used to quench the public's demand for progress updates.

Funny that there are still NVST holders thinking that the escrows actually mean something, ouch!
abrole18

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:13:53 PM

Tell me, what's the matter with the project now? the token sale has already passed? the token is traded on the exchange?
PrisonerOfLies

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 07:16:37 PM

Tell me, what's the matter with the project now? the token sale has already passed? the token is traded on the exchange?

Imagine getting paid 1500 bitcoins for writing a whitepaper, without repercussion !!!

Of course the token is not traded on any exchanges, gotta make it hard for people to sell you know.
cool4y

Activity: 494
Merit: 12

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 08:30:51 PM
Last edit: June 02, 2018, 08:49:03 PM by cool4y

What a sham this project is, the #2 holder is liquidating and good luck to his sale.  This guy must know something and better to lose 35% than 100%.

Despite repeated reassurance of Q1 DEX, we are approaching the end of Q2 and the CEX is still nowhere in sight, oh wait, the wallet is still buggy.

Of course, sick, high blood pressure etc are regularly used to quench the public's demand for progress updates.

Funny that there are still NVST holders thinking that the escrows actually mean something, ouch!

Respect mate, you are one of the few here that actually use his brain.

Imagine getting paid 1500 bitcoins for writing a whitepaper, without repercussion !!!

Of course the token is not traded on any exchanges, gotta make it hard for people to sell you know.

The number is 3000 bitcoins. I'm wondering when SEC and regulators will bust these guys.
radiumsoup

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:32:43 PM

You guys hear something?

I swear, I thought I just heard someone talking to themselves just now. So weird.

Almost like there was a wind echoing through a hollow tree...no - no, it was more like a hollow skull. It was an uncanny noise, reminded me of this guy who used to come in here a lot and made a big deal about leaving and never coming back.

I dunno, it was such a faint, droning, irrelevant sound, it was difficult to pay attention to for more than a fleeting moment. I just had to ask if anyone else picked up on it or not.

vrabac68

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 02, 2018, 11:42:41 PM

Guys we need some news.Whats going on with NVO ?Its been almost a year since ICO.This was not the plan .You said q1 will be when exchange is coming.Please give us some news
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 01:08:04 AM

Does this team not understand the value of marketing/PR? Does the team see no value in keeping their investors updated? The launch was supposed to be in Q1 and now Q3 is one month away and not only is the coin no longer listed on CMC? The team has gone silent. The Twitter account hasn't been updated since December 2017 Cheesy

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
abrole18

Activity: 106

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 03:30:42 AM

to be honest I did not particularly understand what you said and how it is connected, but would appreciate if you could explain. thanks)
PrisonerOfLies

View Profile
June 03, 2018, 07:30:19 AM

to be honest I did not particularly understand what you said and how it is connected, but would appreciate if you could explain. thanks)

Spend a few nights write up a whitepaper, leave investors in the dark, feed them with endless delays, get paid 1500, sorry, 3000 BTCs for it.

Feed the suckers (sorry, investors) with BS every now and then, miss all the deadlines, no github code, no Skype recording, no progress update, no independent audit, no proof of any work being done, no proof of even the existance of a development team, no technical blueprint on the workings of the Validator, no announcements, no marketing, no PR, no easy ways for people to cash out.

Enjoy the 6-star hotel in Dubai, or a nice beach in Greek, with the free money Smiley

Damn, life is good, for the developers.!
crypt0kid

Activity: 476
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 04, 2018, 06:42:39 AM

Dear NVO Team,
I don't know if you really care, but there is a recently launched decentralized escrow platform called Payfair. Their website is Payfair.io. They are listing projects on there for a very small fee until their platform gains more traction. We the investors would greatly appreciate it if you would reach out to them and get NVST listed on their platform, so that we can trade freely. At the moment, we are being held hostage with no volume on Counterwallet.io. I'm not sure if any of you really care since you already have our money, but we'd really appreciate it. It's the least that you can do for stringing us along for 1 year with nothing to show for our investment.

Thank You!

Signed:
NVO Investors

Get the hottest crypto on MXC: https://www.mxc.ai/auth/signup?inviteCode=13rup
Pages: « 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 [143] 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 »
  Print  

Jump to: