Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 08:37:38 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 03:04:41 PM

https://youtu.be/DaQR4jk1voQ

Amazing! Dauphin DTR-1 from 1993. This is a piece of history and still works 25 years later. This was groundbreaking technology for the time and in many ways began to shape what is today's cell phones and tablets. For those of you familiar with running a business, it takes a lifetime of experiences to get it right. For every successful business there was likely half a dozen failed ones, and the 'overnight success' that were 5-10 years in the making Smiley. I have tremendous respect for Alan and the immense experience he has taken the time to share with me and bring to DNotes.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 08, 2018, 05:31:59 PM

A few selected comments from the video.

RedBearAK2 months ago
I bought a DTR-1 from Heartland for $849 and absolutely loved it despite all of its limitations. I was the only person in my high school in 1994-ish who could pull a keyboardless tablet PC out of my book bag. It felt like holding the future. I still remember the feel of the textured plastic case and the fun of pulling the sliding cover off to reverse it to protect the screen during transport. The keyboard was tiny and terrible, but I still kind of enjoyed it. I would probably still pull the DTR-1 out every now and then to play with today but the PS/2 keyboard port broke off the motherboard and the whole thing became pretty useless. Good memories though. Downloaded a lot of, uh... files... from Usenet with the built-in 9.6k dial-up modem.

Razvan Rogoz2 months ago
Look, by today's standards, it sucks but this was space age technology back in 1993. We're talking about an age where desktop computers were considered very high tech devices. Having a device that had a touch-screen, was portable and had a two hour battery life (when most mobile phones couldn't last that much) was extraordinary. Maybe it wasn't built up to proper standards (therefore, being a failure) but the idea behind it, what it could achieve was extraordinary. In 2017, a $25 tablet is better yet in 1993, this was years before its time.

Anthony Nixon2 months ago
Alan has a book out now called "The Four Pillars of Business Success". I wonder if it makes any reference to this? His LinkedIn profile is rather interesting to look at.

Eric Grumling2 months ago
I picked up one of these at a hamfest in 1995 or so, supper cheap. I think I had to track down a suitable power supply, probably from Radio Shack. I managed to get the hard drive running by installing it in another computer and loading up Windows. I'm not exactly sure where I got the Pen utilities from but it seemed to work fine. It became my control center for my X-10 home automation system and worked very well in that role for a few years.

Forcemaster20002 months ago
Seems like Dauphin was ahead of their time. They had the right ideas, the technology of the time just wasn't up to the task.

Chris Ayres2 months ago
Well as much of a joke as it is today , this is an important PC as it is the first Tablet PC it is amazing to think the technology existed to make a tablet back in 93 when most people myself included did not even own a PC as they were very expensive , here in the UK where im from the cheapest desktops in 93 started at £ 800 i did not get my first PC till 1998 when prices came down to a more sensible £400 lol

Mauricio Espinosa2 months ago
this reminds me of the pocket pc and windows mobile 2003 se.

Trusteft2 months ago
I don't know if it was the same or not, but I remember seeing a very similar computer back in 1995 when a group of American technicians came aboard our ship to test some of the onboard ASW systems. Unfortunately my memory of the exact computers is not the best, it's been over 20 years after all.

Sean Blargh2 months ago
Watching this video on an iPad Pro with a Smart Keyboard (I bought on eBay for about 75% off the original price) and an (used) Apple Pencil. This nifty little device would have blown away the makers of this back in the early 1990s. The pencil works almost identical to a proper pencil, with pressure sensitivity, everything about it is just great.

DarkLinkAD2 months ago
Managment used these in "Target", 2006 IIRC

Thomas Carpenter2 months ago
had a friend that used it mainly to setup network switches with the serial port Smiley

Joshua Chap2 months ago
I remember seeing this thing back in the day in a hospital I stayed at for a short while in the mid 90s

dj PeK2 months ago
i played with one of these in 95, almost *censored*. runs dos games well

Cesar Cardoso2 months ago (edited)
I have one of these computers - no stylus, PS2 keyboard connection has broke, sometimes it simply forgets everything about calibration and date and time and HD and everything. No serial mouse handy means using Windows with my normal PS2 keyboard... but hey, previous owner installed Wolfenstein 3D and is kind of playable.

Brooks' Personal Looks2 months ago (edited)
Man, this was more advanced than my first 386 computer, at least in theory! Had no idea there was a tablet this early on! Thanks for the history lesson, teacher!

Magna Ryuu2 months ago
First thing that comes to mind is taking this gutting it and making it into a kind of ShadowRun/Cyberpunk Hacker Board.

albear9722 months ago
Ancient Chinese proverb, "If you are a little mouse, don't dance with an elephant"

Krzysztof Piskorz2 months ago
I've thought, that my 1998 Fujitsu-Siemens B142 was an ultrabook before ultrabooks, but this... It blows my mind.

Homer Cooper2 months ago
Always interesting when a company tries to to do something bold like this. Often a bit to early. Within 10 yrs we had cellphones more powerful then this.

997102 months ago
i thought the hp LX series of palmtops were were cool for their time because they ran full DOS but the DTR blows them out the water in comparison

R-J-F

Activity: 1078
Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:03:24 PM

Has our industry reached the point that it is unstoppable? As of this morning, the Market Cap has reached $831,156,591,714 with a 24h Vol. of $45,514,621,586 . That is quite astonishing, considering that Apple, the largest U.S. company has a market cap of $898.5 billion and the not so industry friendly bank, headed by Jamie Dimon, JP Morgan Chase has a market cap of $375.91 billion.

While nothing is truly unstoppable, I have to say we are close. An even better metric then the market cap is adoption of crypto in general. If you read the recent news about Bittrex and several other exchanges temporarily halting new user signups, you can see where this is going. I think it was Bittrex that was seeing 250,000 new accounts creations a day. Yes, 250k in each 24hr period. Three other exchanges have also paused new signups due to 75,000 to 80,000 new signups daily. That is the statistic that shows me we may have obtained critical mass.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
R-J-F

Merit: 310

AKA RJF - Member since '13

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 06:06:49 PM

Amazing! Dauphin DTR-1 from 1993. This is a piece of history and still works 25 years later. This was groundbreaking technology for the time and in many ways began to shape what is today's cell phones and tablets. For those of you familiar with running a business, it takes a lifetime of experiences to get it right. For every successful business there was likely half a dozen failed ones, and the 'overnight success' that were 5-10 years in the making Smiley. I have tremendous respect for Alan and the immense experience he has taken the time to share with me and bring to DNotes.

Still have mine, still works!

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Ben Franklin
DCEBrief

Merit: 102

View Profile
January 08, 2018, 10:41:23 PM

Israel’s Central Bank: Cryptocurrencies are Assets, Not Currency

https://dcebrief.com/israels-central-bank-cryptocurrencies-are-assets-not-currency/
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:02:02 AM

https://dcebrief.com/israels-central-bank-cryptocurrencies-are-assets-not-currency/

Interesting. This is now becoming a word game - asset, property, commodity, currency, cryptocurrency, virtual currency, digital currency? Anything thing else? No wonder Grandma is confused!

Bank of Israel Deputy Governor Nadine Baudot-Trajtenberg sought to clarify the central bank’s position on digital currency Monday, in remarks offered at a parliamentary finance committee meeting. According to a Reuters report, she said that the central bank does not recognize cryptocurrencies as currencies:

“The Bank of Israel’s position is that they should be viewed as a financial asset.”

Baudot-Trajtenberg addressed several cryptocurrency-related issues in her remarks, including public complaints about Israeli banks that have been reluctant to allow clients to use their accounts for Bitcoin purchases. She suggested that the central bank could offer no solutions for those customers, and that Israel’s government had no legal obligation to help digital currency investors.

The Deputy Governor did confirm that the Bank of Israel is continuing to investigate cryptocurrency matters, though she noted that there were few global examples for the bank to study. To date, the world’s central banks have yet to even attempt to regulate the banking industry’s interactions with the digital currency space. According to Baudot-Trajtenberg,

“There is a real difficulty in issuing sweeping guidelines to the system regarding the proper way to estimate, manage, and monitor the risks inherent in such activity. Beyond the risks to the customer there are also compliance risks to the bank.”

Committee members who attended the meeting reportedly called on the nation’s regulators to craft a regulatory framework to help provide guidance for the industry. The panel’s chairman, Moshe Gafni, asked regulators to provide the committee with regulatory ideas within the next month.
ibeta

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:42:38 AM

Not sure if this question was asked. Is there road map  ? Active developers ? & white paper
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 01:08:03 AM

Not sure if this question was asked. Is there road map  ? Active developers ? & white paper

Hi ibeta, welcome to the DNotes forum.

You can find our team here:
http://dnotescoin.com/
http://www.ceocfointerviews.com/interviews/DNotesGlobal17.htm

Roadmap:
http://dnotescoin.com/dnotes-roadmap/

The DNotes story:
http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

The white paper is still being refined.

SmokeysGardens

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:45:48 AM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 03:41:00 AM by SmokeysGardens

When I met Alan for the first time, way back in 2001, he was using this funny little “computer” (the DTR). It was like nothing I had ever seen before. I had hired a consulting company, way back in 2001, and Alan was the consultant they had sent out from Chicago. I hired him again, twice, once in 2002, and once in 2004. He was still using that funny little PC, hooked to a Cannon portable printer. I don’t know how many hundreds of thousands of copies he printed on that thing, but I know he printed thousands of copies off of it just for me. I will never forget the day I met Alan. I knew, before those three days he spent with me were up, that I HAD to get to know this man better. I could see the genuis in this man. I knew that together, we could, and would, change the world. That was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Now, Alan is one of my dearest friends, my closest advisor, and mentor. We met Joe a few years later, and the rest is history, the greatest part of which has still not been written...........(in other words, the best is yet to come!!)
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:20:38 AM

When I met Alan for the first time, way back in 2001, he was using this funny little “computer” (the DTR). It was like nothing I had ever seen before. I had hired a consulting company, way back in 2001, and Alan was the consultant they had sent out from Chicago. I hired him again, twice, once in 2002, and once in 2004. He was still using that funny little PC, hooked to a Cannon portable printer. I don’t know how many hundreds of thousands of copies he printed on that thing, but I know he printed thousands of copies off of it just for me. I will never forget the day I met Alan. I knew, before those three days he spent with me were up, that I HAD to get to know this man better. I could see the genuis in this man. I knew that together, we could, and would, change the world. That was the beginning of a beautiful relationship. Now, Alan is one of my dearest friends, my closest advisor, and mentor. We met Joe a few years later, and the rest is history, the greatest part of which has still not been written...........(in other words, the best is yet to come!!)

What a great memory. It's so valuable in this industry to have long term relationships. That's as much part of the solidity of this project as the great concept and even the new partnership with Geneca. No matter how "trustless" we can make the technology, ultimately you can't completely remove the trust factor, and honestly I wouldn't want to Smiley
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 11:49:45 AM

Roadmap:

The DNotes story:
http://dnotescoin.com/the-dnotes-story-an-unfolding-big-bold-idea-of-global-scale/

Yes, the whitepaper needs a few modification made, particularly with the announcement of our IPO changing a few things.

I'm going to try and organise re-recording the audio for the next DNotes video this week (so hopefully finished next week), and we are preparing a litany of information sources for our investors to view with the upcoming IPO. Together, we will put together a compelling package that is backed by a wealth of experience in bringing businesses to the forefront in industries of new technologies.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:51:37 PM

Roadmap:

The DNotes story:

Yes, the whitepaper needs a few modification made, particularly with the announcement of our IPO changing a few things.

I'm going to try and organise re-recording the audio for the next DNotes video this week (so hopefully finished next week), and we are preparing a litany of information sources for our investors to view with the upcoming IPO. Together, we will put together a compelling package that is backed by a wealth of experience in bringing businesses to the forefront in industries of new technologies.

I for one will be eager to look through the litany you mention. It will be great to have all the info in one place. Thanks for all your hard work!
a.roman

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:56:40 PM

I do not see any activity on the DNotes-2.0 GitHub page..!

Are you 100% sure you can release it on February??

Please specify the exact date.

I have bad memories of delays!!
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
January 09, 2018, 05:09:39 PM

Hi a.roman, we are on target for Q1 release and will be uploading our new repository soon.

Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:50:15 PM

I found this article below amusing... What else I find amusing is that a good majority of people in this industry can't understand how the infrastructure DNotes has already deployed, is miles beyond what many billion dollar market cap ICO's have accomplished. Not only that, the current DNotes infrastructure is even beyond what some of them aim to accomplish in their wishlist whitepapers.

Want to issue a red-hot ICO? Rule No. 1 is do very little work
'There's a massive bubble here that's going to pop in an ugly way'
http://ottawacitizen.com/entrepreneur/want-to-issue-a-red-hot-ico-rule-no-1-is-do-very-little-work/wcm/a818c24b-cc6b-4c70-ab23-5462dcef1561

"The data support this view. Of the 30 biggest digital tokens sold in ICOs this year, the ones without a working product backing their projects did the best in their first month of trading, data compiled by Bloomberg show. And the ICOs with actual products that could be tested? Almost two-thirds of those declined.

The disparity has come to reflect the wildly speculative, topsy-turvy world of ICOs, which in recent weeks has increasingly drawn parallels to the go-go days of the dot-com bubble. This unregulated, crowd-funding model — where backers finance cryptocurrency startups — has taken off and pushed the nascent market toward US$4 billion in value.
"

"Only one in 10 digital tokens issued in ICOs is in use following their sales, according to Token Report. The rest, at least for now, are purely speculative instruments, only to be traded. CoinSchedule estimates at least two-thirds of ICO projects lack a working product or a prototype."
a.roman

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:18:12 PM

Hi a.roman, we are on target for Q1 release and will be uploading our new repository soon.

Specify at least month ... February, March, April..?

You must know which month will be released!

I want to know if I need to sell my DNotes or still have to keep them!
tiaragaliano1

Activity: 2

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:23:40 PM

Sad Im not sure that will hepaning before the end of march.Then we willl see dnotes2, other updates Q4 2018 WTF??? VERY SLOW DEV ONLY TALKING AND PROMESES NO ACTION!! Angry
MECHETO

Activity: 88

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:30:45 PM

not many buyers out there strange
Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:32:55 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 08:56:16 PM by Dyna

Sad Im not sure that will hepaning before the end of march.Then we willl see dnotes2, other updates Q4 2018 WTF??? VERY SLOW DEV ONLY TALKING AND PROMESES NO ACTION!! Angry

Are you new in town? You seemed to be struggling to find your way around.
Brandon Cheliak

Activity: 171
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:35:25 PM

Specify at least month ... February, March, April..?

You must know which month will be released!

I want to know if I need to sell my DNotes or still have to keep them!

not many buyers out there strange

Patience children, patience...
Pages: « 1 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 [124] 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: