Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 12:42:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 352 »
  Print  
Author Topic: DNotes 2.0 - Staking, CRISP Interest, DNotes Pay  (Read 148797 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (3 posts by 1+ user deleted.)
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1111

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 01:16:09 AM

DNotesEDU Prioritizes Investor Protection in Cryptocurrency Education

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:16:36 AM

Oh My!!!!!  That was well written. I am so excited of what the future has in store with DNotes. Thank you for sharing this with us. Can't wait for 18 March 2018. That will be the date I remember for the rest of my life. The Launch of DNotes 2.0

Thank you, The Chezzz. The white paper with the opening letter and graphics should help most people to understand how DNotes is approaching mass adoption of digital currency in global commerce. Most importantly, many more people will begin to understand why we are doing what we have been doing. I trust that many more people will be able to connect the dots. Thanks for your support and confidence.
The Chezzz

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 02:33:42 AM
Last edit: February 23, 2018, 02:59:16 AM by The Chezzz

DNotes,

I have been reading through some of the earlier pages of the ANN and saw that the Ecosystem and/or the Platform will able to be used by other tokens or coins, is that true? and how will that affect the value of DNotes if others use the platform DNotes created? I believe that to be a huge up-tick. Could you please speak on that? If i'm wrong just tell me.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 03:45:10 AM

DNotes,

I have been reading through some of the earlier pages of the ANN and saw that the Ecosystem and/or the Platform will able to be used by other tokens or coins, is that true? and how will that affect the value of DNotes if others use the platform DNotes created? I believe that to be a huge up-tick. Could you please speak on that? If i'm wrong just tell me.

Hi The Chezzz, it is true that we will have a token platform, with plans for a decentralized exchange. However, it won't be like many of the existing open platforms. It will be for use in our NextGenVC program, and only those that meet our strict criteria. We would help them to raise funds under the jobs act, such as a mini-IPO and in conjunction with a token offering.

wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 06:20:34 AM

DNotes,

Hi The Chezzz, it is true that we will have a token platform, with plans for a decentralized exchange. However, it won't be like many of the existing open platforms. It will be for use in our NextGenVC program, and only those that meet our strict criteria. We would help them to raise funds under the jobs act, such as a mini-IPO and in conjunction with a token offering.

The current state of decentralized exchanges is that they work but are really clunky. If you guys manage to create a non-clunky decentralized exchange, I hope you eventually open it up to the general public to trade coins and tokens. There's a real need there.
donarito

Activity: 604
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:40:02 AM

it is a bit unclear- is it pos or pow now?

▄████████▄
                               ▄█████████████▄
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                            ▒▓█▓▒██████████▒▓██░
                            ▒▓█████████████████░
                             ▒▓███████████████░
                               ▀████████████▀
        ▒██░                ▄▄▄▄  ▀██████▀
            ▄███▄         ▄██████▄
            ▀███▀  ▄    ▒██████████░
                 ▄███▄  ▒██████████░
                 ▀███▀    ▀██████▀
                   ▀  ▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀
                     ▒█████░
                      ▀███▀
7%|  Annual Income
   VirtacoinPLUS
|  X 11    POW | POS
   Mining. Staking. Rewards.  
|  DECENTRALIZED INCOME HYBRID
    Created for The People.  By The People.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
TeeGee

Activity: 846
Merit: 535

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:50:00 PM

it is a bit unclear- is it pos or pow now?

Hi donarito,

Currently DNotes is Proof of Work, and will be shifting to Proof of Stake in our upcoming update.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 05:15:29 PM

DNotes,

The current state of decentralized exchanges is that they work but are really clunky. If you guys manage to create a non-clunky decentralized exchange, I hope you eventually open it up to the general public to trade coins and tokens. There's a real need there.

I understand where you are coming from. Ultimately, we want the entire industry to be successful by creating synergies with DNotes and it's platform and ecosystem, but we have to focus on what is most important for pushing DNotes forward first, as our top priority. What decentralized exchanges have you used and what are your comments on them?

Chase
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1005

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:08:42 PM

The 90% failure rate we were predicting may be too conservative of an estimate...  Angry

46% of Last Year’s ICOs Have Failed Already  -  https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

DNotes EDU – Cryptocurrency Education For All – Accomplishments of 2018
Hakamoto

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 09:29:11 PM

Dtnotes the most promising project, I think most investors will appreciate it in full!! Did I miss something and the white paper is ready??

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:41:05 PM

Dtnotes the most promising project, I think most investors will appreciate it in full!! Did I miss something and the white paper is ready??

Hi Hakamoto, not quite ready just yet. We are spending a good deal of time to really express the concept in full details, add in explanatory infographics, and outline our plans. It should be ready soon though.

DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 09:47:53 PM

The 90% failure rate we were predicting may be too conservative of an estimate...  Angry

46% of Last Year’s ICOs Have Failed Already  -  https://news.bitcoin.com/46-last-years-icos-failed-already/

That is rather high for first year, the first year business failure rate is typically about 20%. It would be interesting to find out the first year failure rate during the dot com boom.

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 11:42:39 PM

New blog post on DNotesEDU:

“Trendy Investments are Especially Ripe For Fraudsters” – SEC Office of Investor Education and Advocacy article on Cryptocurrenies & ICO Tokens

https://dnotesedu.com/2018/02/trendy-investments-are-especially-ripe-for-fraudsters-sec-office-of-investor-education-and-advocacy-article-on-cryptocurrenies-ico-tokens/

"The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge but imagination." -Albert Einstein-

Chase
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:15:28 AM

That is rather high for first year, the first year business failure rate is typically about 20%. It would be interesting to find out the first year failure rate during the dot com boom.

If I am understanding this correctly, according to the research cited in this article, the 5 year survival rate for dot-com businesses was around 50%. It's hard to believe that almost as many ICOs failed in one year as dot-com businesses did in five years. There are some very eerie similarities in this article to what is going on now in the cryptocurrency industry. The article if fairly long, but I did find "the herd instinct" interestingly familiar.

Lessons of the Last Bubble  -  https://www.strategy-business.com/article/07102?_ref=http://www.businesspundit.com/lessons-from-the-dotcom-bubble/&gko=cd580-1876-23502176

The Herd Instinct
Why did so many companies try to be the first mover and pursue a “get big fast” strategy despite the questionable economic and strategic logic of that approach? Part of the blame clearly falls at the feet of the venture capitalists. Venture capitalists play a critical role in the economy by funding business ideas early in the life cycle when the risk of failure is high. By having a portfolio of such investments, venture-capital funds offer extraordinary returns even when only a small fraction of the businesses succeed. In normal times, venture-capital firms view thousands of ideas from passionate entrepreneurs, but generally fund just a handful of businesses each year. Furthermore, they parcel out the money gradually as the companies prove the viability of their business models.

But during the heady days of the dot-com era, the venture capitalists found themselves with a surfeit of money as more and more investors wanted a piece of the action. Although far more projects were chasing those funds than had been the case in past years, the venture-capital firms did not necessarily have the resources to screen all of those ideas with consistent rigor. Since investors couldn’t maintain their formerly high levels of fundamental due diligence at the faster pace of the bubble years, they began to make investment decisions by looking to the decisions of other venture investors. As with the buffalo on the prairie, a few leading examples charging off with abandon can create a stampede. And when no one knows with confidence where to go, the safest path is to follow the herd.

Sociologists have a fancy name for this herd instinct: mimetic isomorphism. They have documented its prevalence in industries as varied as trucking and banking. That research has also demonstrated the rationality of copying others. Although copying rarely produces a breakthrough outcome, it does keep an organization from being left behind. Only a brave buffalo goes against the stampede. And unless that buffalo is extremely agile, it may well be crushed by the herd.

Unfortunately, once the process of mimetic isomorphism gets started, it is hard to stop. The only way to get funding during the dot-com heyday was to identify a new market and promise exponential growth (à la Metcalfe’s Law). That exponential growth required huge funds that siphoned money away from potential late starters who could learn from the initial failures. The “get big fast” strategy produced more losses as companies focused on market share rather than profits. But the venture capitalists — and then the capital markets — agreed to fund the massive investments and simultaneous losses. The only way to avoid the day of reckoning on profits was to continue promising more growth and seeking more money to fund it. Even before it went public, Webvan scored a $1 billion market capitalization by promising exponential growth from a mere $4 million in revenues — less than one-fourth of the annual sales of a single grocery store.

Although following the herd may appear rational in periods of high uncertainty whenever the herd dynamic is evident, there is reason to be wary that an opportunity has peaked. Jeffrey Immelt, CEO of GE, recently warned an auditorium of MBA students at the Darden Graduate School of Business to avoid the herd instinct; he cited his own experience upon exiting Harvard in 1982. He noted that he and only one other classmate joined the staid General Electric Company that year, just months after Jack Welch took the helm and launched what would become a phenomenal 20-year period of growth. What was the biggest employer of Harvard MBAs in 1982?  A “hot” technology company called Atari; it took on 17 graduates. (By 2002, of course, when Welch retired, Atari was long dissolved, its brand name sold to Hasbro Interactive.)

The biggest risk of the herd instinct comes when the stampede turns and heads in the opposite direction with equal abandon. When the dot-com craze reversed itself, millions of investors lost a large proportion of their retirement accounts. And more than 100,000 dot-com employees lost their jobs in the 10 months from October 2000 to July 2001. When bubbles pop, many people get hurt.

To avoid the bubble, we recommend lots of little experiments that send the herd in many different directions. Avoiding the “get big fast” strategy and the herd instinct allows for a more thorough investigation of the terrain. Many members of the herd will fall upon barren terrain and die, but in the long run, careful nurturing of the fruitful routes will produce a greater herd than overgrazing of the fertile patches discovered by the lucky few.

Dyna
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1060

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 12:56:09 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 05:07:06 AM by Dyna

Lessons of the Last Bubble  -  https://www.strategy-business.com/article/07102?_ref=http://www.businesspundit.com/lessons-from-the-dotcom-bubble/&gko=cd580-1876-23502176

The Herd Instinct:

Thank you, Chase.  Fascinating article, “Sociologists have a fancy name for this herd instinct: mimetic isomorphism. They have documented its prevalence in industries as varied as trucking and banking. That research has also demonstrated the rationality of copying others. Although copying rarely produces a breakthrough outcome, it does keep an organization from being left behind. Only a brave buffalo goes against the stampede. And unless that buffalo is extremely agile, it may well be crushed by the herd.”

Lol! I think DNotes is brave, agile, smart, and strategic. Frankly, we have experienced the discomfort of a few bruises and a long way from getting rich. But then as one of the DNotes team members said recently, “I rather be poor with DNotes than get mixed up with the wrong herd.”
Since DNotes has been pacing down such a different path, with great separation from where the “herd” is going, I believe that it is safe to say that we won’t be crushed by the herd.
lxxtikk
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:32:17 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2018, 02:53:02 AM by lxxtikk

Can you tell me the main purpose of Dnotes . It will be like blockchain as a service ? Am i right ? or what are you going to do , Payments, educations , trading , Ico platform ?
DCEBrief

Activity: 1078
Merit: 102

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 02:52:18 AM

Georgia Senate Bill Would Enable Crypto Use for Tax Payments

https://dcebrief.com/georgia-senate-bill-would-enable-cryptocurrency-use-for-tax-payments/
wiser
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1029

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 03:08:19 AM

Chase, that is a fascinating article, the one about lessons learned from the last bubble. Thanks for sharing it.

One thing I noticed was that long term, businesses that take a slower growth strategy tend to fare better than those who attempt to get big fast. It seems like on this point, DNotes is right on track. In the cryptocurrency world, a slower growth approach is downright revolutionary.
DNotes (OP)
Legendary

DNotes

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 03:27:51 AM

Can you tell me the main purpose of Dnotes . It will be like blockchain as a service ? Am i right ? or what are you going to do , Payments, educations , trading , Ico platform ?

Hi lxxtikk, DNotes purpose is mass adoption as a globally accepted inclusive digital currency for the empowerment and benefit of everyone worldwide. Everything that we are working on is part of the vision of how we will purposefully direct DNotes towards achieving that goal.

The Chezzz

Activity: 79
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 06:02:28 AM

DNotes,

I understand where you are coming from. Ultimately, we want the entire industry to be successful by creating synergies with DNotes and it's platform and ecosystem, but we have to focus on what is most important for pushing DNotes forward first, as our top priority. What decentralized exchanges have you used and what are your comments on them?

Sir,

I am a complete newbie at this game. DNotes is my first coin and right now my only coin. So I asked the question trying to better understand what the advantages were if someone did come along and ask DNotes to use your platform for their coin/token and if it would simply add more value to the DNotes currency pushing up the ladder to success. I actually asked a question that is way above my head. lol, your team and this forum has taught me a lot so keep it coming. I love it. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 [146] 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 ... 352 »
  Print  

Jump to: