Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 06:21:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16573 times)
rhamzter

Activity: 420
Merit: 282

View Profile
September 21, 2017, 06:14:01 AM

I still can't seems to accept the concept of online wallet especially those that doesn't let you hold all or part of your private keys. No private key means not your coins!
I prefer online wallets, maybe that’s because it has been what I’m using since I started making use of Bitcoin. I’ve never tried out offline wallets for once, though I heard it is much safe and secured than online wallets.
Online wallets are more practical but you are subject to a lot of risks, especially from hackers, it is not rare to see people in the forum pop up once in a while indicating that their funds have been stolen, so if you are going to use an online wallet keep only in there what you need and keep the rest in cold storage, that way you get the best of both worlds.
Technically online wallet is better because you can used it everywhere even you can't bring your own gadget. However, like the others said it was prone to risks because it is close to the hacker. On the other side offline wallet was not usable if in case your gadget is destroy.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BY_ATOM

Activity: 406
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
September 21, 2017, 06:39:44 AM

mobility and trading convenient online wallet, but for long-term storage and capitalization I would advise offline koshell.

mindfly09

Activity: 405
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 01:55:21 PM

For me much better to used online wallet than offline wallet because online wallets is anywhere you can open and withdraw your bitcoin.
Offline wallet is not good to use and very risky because you can use it when you are at home or when you use your personal computer, and very risky because when your computer is in trouble and the hard disk is broken everything inside your wallet will be lost and your bitcoin is gone.

zelga93

Activity: 123

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:03:33 PM

For safety and secure i think wallet offline is very good cause i think wallet offline can't be hacked by hacker . But for easy to use and you can check your wallet anywhere but yod don't have private key it's like you don't control your coin and it can be hacked

wolfgang56

Activity: 248

WWW.BLOCKCHAIN021.COM

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:17:15 PM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?
I think offline wallet works much better than online because it can't easily access by anyone, unlike on online wallet there are manu hackers hiding on internet with just one click they can get all your information much worse all of your bitcoin.

btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 02:20:04 PM

I think offline wallet works much better than online because it can't easily access by anyone, unlike on online wallet there are manu hackers hiding on internet with just one click they can get all your information much worse all of your bitcoin.

The problem only if you're somehow mistaken click phishing link and your computer got hack , for another example suddenly your computer experience blue screen before you're able to back up your private key, so if you prefer offline wallet, try to keep safe your private key so you can use it whenever you want without feeling worry
Fundalini

Activity: 644
Merit: 103

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:12:29 PM

Use offline wallet as a long term storage and online wallet as a micropayment or similar to a 'coin purse'. Offline wallets are much safer  as it is not susceptible to attaks (if you know your stuff).
karlsarzbringer

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:13:51 PM

Use offline wallet as a long term storage and online wallet as a micropayment or similar to a 'coin purse'. Offline wallets are much safer  as it is not susceptible to attaks (if you know your stuff).

Agree! I have Trezor for long term storage (before Jaxx, very good).
NetFreak199

Activity: 910
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:24:50 PM

I still can't seems to accept the concept of online wallet especially those that doesn't let you hold all or part of your private keys. No private key means not your coins!
I prefer online wallets, maybe that’s because it has been what I’m using since I started making use of Bitcoin. I’ve never tried out offline wallets for once, though I heard it is much safe and secured than online wallets.
Online wallets are more practical but you are subject to a lot of risks, especially from hackers, it is not rare to see people in the forum pop up once in a while indicating that their funds have been stolen, so if you are going to use an online wallet keep only in there what you need and keep the rest in cold storage, that way you get the best of both worlds.
Technically online wallet is better because you can used it everywhere even you can't bring your own gadget. However, like the others said it was prone to risks because it is close to the hacker. On the other side offline wallet was not usable if in case your gadget is destroy.
More security and safety is a must when choosing online wallet and yet i must agree i am much profitable for online wallet too may use offline but it is more ok if online wallet because just what you said it can be use anytime and anywhere unlike offline.
wildflower18

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 03:29:35 PM

Agree! I have Trezor for long term storage (before Jaxx, very good).
I prefer to use both offline and online wallet. Because I can use anytime, anywhere the online wallet as long I have an internet connection. I find it easy to use the wallet and the offline is for long term storage. Yes I agree it is much safer than online. Anyway it is safer both just saving the private details will be much at ease to use anytime.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Rasel5209

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:06:53 PM

For long term storage, please use offline paper wallet or hardware wallets. Paper wallet must be carefully generated though.

For daily/ frequent use, you can consider one of the mobile wallet- after all you do not bring your computer with you everywhere. Try breadwallet.
yea offline or hardware wallet is better for long time store if you can keep backup. online wallet is better if you can use it better way. I suggest for 2 factor verify. if you keep it 2 factor verify I think it's strong for you.

DEXSPORT
▄█████████████████▄▄
██████████████████████▄
████████████████████████
███████████▀▀  ██████████
████████▀     ████████████
███████      ▀▀███████████
████████▄▄       █████████
██████████▀    ▄██████████
█████████▀  ▄▄███████████
█████████▄▄█████████████
██████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████▀▀
First Web3...............
Betting Platform!
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

Sports
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
🎲
Games
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██████
    ███
  ██
  ██
██
██
██
██
  ██
  ██
    ███
      ██████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
Play now
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████████
███████
████
████
██
██
██
██
████
████
███████
████████████
fasdorcas

Activity: 798
Merit: 527

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:54:38 AM

In my opinion both the wallets are important in this day, because for day to day life necessaries you will need the offline wallet mean the fiat currency. And for inline purchase the easy way of payments is the online wallet.

Therefore I think that both the wallets have importance in its own place. Many people do not have any knowledge of online wallet; therefore they only use offline and regular currency.
d1ceplayer

Activity: 686
Merit: 277

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 05:55:39 AM

offline wallet still better. they can protect - backup. With online wallet you can lost all your bitcoin if something bad happen to exchange like mt.gox btce
Yes I agree with you. You can use your offline wallet even for a small purchase and in front of your house without using any internet and something like that. But for online buying and trading you need the online wallet.

But as you mentioned that the offline wallet is much better than online because of the easy use is more reliable for most of the people in the world. I also prefer offline wallet.
TrueCryptonaire
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 09:01:29 AM

I used to use blockchain wallet a few months ago but then it removed pay to many feature and was also behaving shady so I decided to not use blockchain.info any more. From what I have seen by far they have the best security measures available on their website but still... Online wallets are susceptible to hacks so this is also the reason that I don't store my bitcoins in online wallet.
Offline wallets are far safer than online wallets as you have full control of your wallet and its private keys also, so you can easily share the keys between mobile and pc wallet.
cybersofts
Copper Member

Activity: 658
Merit: 284

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:33:23 PM

Offline wallets are the most safest and secure wallets ever!
Online wallets have their own security implementations but it is never as good as offline ones.
But for ease access and instant buying things online, online wallets are good for that, but for safe keeping go for offline wallets.
FrueGreads
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 02:56:14 PM

Well if you hold a lot of bitcoins, then I really think that using a hardware wallet would be much better than using a desktop wallet or a mobile one.
On a hardware wallet like Trezor or Ledger, it's impossible for someone to get access to your seed, because it was generated on the wallet itself while you are offline, and with no other devices connected to it. So if you memorize or write down on a paper it should be safe. You should be ok on a desktop or mobile wallet, but let's say there is some malware or a keylogger in your PC that you don't know about. Your seed could have been compromised and you will never know about it.

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

BitCloak Bitcoin Mixer  
  BTC & BCH | API| MULTIADDRESS| PGP PROOF|  FAST MIX |  ESCROW|  MORE ! 

░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄▄
░░░░▄██████████▄
░░░██████████████
░░██████▐▌██████
█████░░░░░░░▀█████
██████▄▄░░▄▄░░██████
████████░░▀▀▄██████
████████░░▄▄▄░░█████
██████▀▀░░▀▀▀░░█████
█████░░░░░░░░█████
░░██████▐▌██████
░░░██████████████
░░░░▀██████████▀
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀▀▀
░░░

Mahanton

Activity: 2702
Merit: 626

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 03:03:31 PM

Yeah offline for the security , but most people do offline because it is easy.
You mean online? I would say online is really much easy if you are really making active transactions which online wallet would be suited and i would really recommend electrum because you do have the possesion of your private keys which is more than better to use compared on exchange or any other web wallets.

R

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████▄▄
████████████████
▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█████
████████▌███▐████
▄▄▄▄█████▄▄▄█████
████████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▀
LLBIT|
4,000+ GAMES
███████████████████
██████████▀▄▀▀▀████
████████▀▄▀██░░░███
██████▀▄███▄▀█▄▄▄██
███▀▀▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀███
██░░░░░░░░█░░░░░░██
██▄░░░░░░░█░░░░░▄██
███▄░░░░▄█▄▄▄▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
▀████████
░░▀██████
░░░░▀████
░░░░░░███
▄░░░░░███
▀█▄▄▄████
░░▀▀█████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████
░░░▀▀████
██▄▄▀░███
█░░█▄░░██
░████▀▀██
█░░█▀░░██
██▀▀▄░███
░░░▄▄████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
|
██░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░██
▀█▄░▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░▄█▀
▄▄███░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███▄▄
▀░▀▄▀▄░░░░░▄▄░░░░░▄▀▄▀░▀
▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄
█░▄▄▄██████▄▄▄░█
█░▀▀████████▀▀░█
█░█▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██░█
█░█▀████████░█
█░█░██████░█
▀▄▀▄███▀▄▀
▄▀▄
▀▄▄▄▄▀▄▀▄
██▀░░░░░░░░▀██
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
░▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███▀▄▀█████████████████▀▄▀
█████▀▄░▄▄▄▄▄███░▄▄▄▄▄▄▀
███████▀▄▀██████░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████▀▄▄░███▄▄▄▄▄▄░▄▀
███████████░███████▀▄▀
███████████░██▀▄▄▄▄▀
███████████░▀▄▀
████████████▄▀
███████████
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
OFFICIAL PARTNERSHIP
FAZE CLAN
SSC NAPOLI
|
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:17:04 PM

Yeah, you are going to want to use offline wallets mostly, although almost no one does (except the most hardcore of Bitcoin users, obviously). The problem with online wallets are they are bound to have problems at some point or another. The fact the largest, most successful exchanges (and most respectable) are considered as such is because they have been in business for 2 or 3 years without getting hacked. Think about that... lol.
I remember that I used an online wallet back in the day the one offered by blockchain.info and there were sometimes were you were unable to access to your money, I think they were under a ddos attack or there was simply too much traffic that the servers were very slow, after that experience I decided that  I needed to install my own wallet and since then I use electrum.
valisa

Activity: 364

View Profile
September 25, 2017, 11:26:58 PM

online and offline wallets have the same advantages and disadvantages, but I usually keep my coin savings in online wallets because I think it's safer.
NewBet

Activity: 966
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 26, 2017, 02:09:45 AM

Online wallets are definitely not where you want to store Bitcoin. Your best bet is using paper wallets generated and printed offline.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: