Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:11:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16573 times)
Hamilcar

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 09:54:40 AM

It depends on what you want to use it: Offline wallets makes you coins more secure for long term hold. Online wallet make your coins easily reachable.

Handelion – Fund | Trade | Expand
Revolutionary blockchain ecosystem for co-funded wholesale trade
Handelion.io◄ ► White paper ◄ ► Facebook ◄ ► Telegram ◄ ► Twitter ◄ ► JOIN ICO NOW

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
raymart0720

Activity: 322
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:00:24 AM

personally I wouldn't lie OFFLINE wallet is the best
the assurance of secured place where your coins will go is high
and you were be confident that there no other people will hack it
Karimeen

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:16:16 AM

Bitcoin wallet contains the keys to allow you to spent the bitcoin.The keys to the bitcoins in their wallet and your account keeps track of how many of  the bitcoin in their wallet and suppose to  be yours.It is not wise
to leave the coins on an exchange and online wallet.If you have a private key you own your coin. Down load a wallet and make a back up.then the coins in that address is yours only.
senne

Activity: 1078
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:18:16 AM

Both Offline and Online wallets have their advantages and one can choose according to one's need. Online wallets are available from exchange or other websites, one can use online wallets if he is intersected in regular buying and selling of bitcoin and for the use of trade purposes but one should not store large amount of Bitcoin in online wallets as Cyber crime is increasing and it could risk the amount of Bitcoins stored. On the other hand, Offline wallets are more safe if someone wants to safely. One can use USB pen drive or other storage device to safely download Bitcoin offline, which ensures safety of Bitcoin.
sheamus10

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:24:47 AM

my advice is better we choose the wallet offline because I think it is safer and we can check every time provided there is internet network. if we choose wallet online, transaction is clear and you can see it immediately so it will always transparent.
Tumanggor

Activity: 1050
Merit: 109

1xBit.. recovered their reputation

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 10:32:52 AM

Offline wallet and wallet Online, both have their own advantages and disadvantages, but I prefer choosing an offline wallet, like Trezor, I think this wallet is very safe ..

Mame

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:42:36 AM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?

I would personally recommend offline wallet, so the only reason is that I feel safe with it.And no one will hack it just be careful not to lost your fone or laptop because with that hackers can easily access your account.

│▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏  │▌▌│▌▌▌   ❏ IBIN ❏    │▌▌│▌▌▌ 
International Blockshare Identification Number
██   Telegram   ██████████   IBIN   █████████   Medium   ██
mharz

Activity: 336
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 10:44:44 AM

I think offline wallet is best. Because we can safe money in this wallet. Even we save big amount of money here. On the other hand online wallet is important for only online works like online shop, trading and investing in other site. So i really like offline wallet.
I agree offline wallet is more secure than online wallet, because this wallet are not prone to hackers. However both of this wallet are important due to online wallet are easy used especially when we are buy items or goods thru online shopping. Moreover, most of the people in bitcoin world are using online wallet than offline wallet. So I think both of this wallet are usable and important to each users.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 11:05:30 AM

Yeah offline for the security , but most people do offline because it is easy.
You mean online? I would say online is really much easy if you are really making active transactions which online wallet would be suited and i would really recommend electrum because you do have the possesion of your private keys which is more than better to use compared on exchange or any other web wallets.
Both have their own importance offline is best for the holding coins for long tenure and online is best for the active account which buy and sell on daily basis briefly online wallet is more suitable for the active investor who is using bitcoin 24/7 whereas offline is best for the offline and long term investor who invest to secure good in the hard times.

Our personal assets should be stored in private key, offline/hardwallet is very important in this case, online swallow serves as a daily transaction and we should never rely on it 100% because to reduce the level of risk that may arise in the future, especially exchanges market wallet. We have to be open minded to organize everything in different portions.
The two different types of wallets have their own values the offline wallets could never be replaced completely with the digital system because they are still a safer way to keep your money.

The online system is restricted to the availability of internet and therefore they are not accessible all the time. So it is better to have some money in your pockets for use.
dificanovi

Activity: 812
Merit: 105

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 12:07:41 PM

I use online wallets, offline ones seem too much hassle for me, moreover I only have a very small amount of BTC that I don't have to be afraid of losing.

I also use online wallets because the process is very easy, I think the online wallet is safer than the wallet ofline. if we send bitcoin from our wallet to another wallet online then it is very easy process of delivery.

rebel92

Activity: 616
Merit: 260

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:04:06 PM

I use online wallets, offline ones seem too much hassle for me, moreover I only have a very small amount of BTC that I don't have to be afraid of losing.

I also use online wallets because the process is very easy, I think the online wallet is safer than the wallet ofline. if we send bitcoin from our wallet to another wallet online then it is very easy process of delivery.

Online wallets are are unsafe for a large amount of Bitcoin. The best cold storage is hardware wallets. Most of my holdings are easily traced since it came almost entirely from coinbase.
cl37007

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:18:42 PM

Offline storage for large amounts, then you have no one to blame but yourself if it goes missing. Online storage is useful for currency you wish to spend.

The unregulated nature of bitcoin is a blessing and a curse as the exchanges aren't obliged to cover your currency if something goes wrong the same way banks would be.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
nightwishx

Activity: 900
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 02:28:41 PM

in some uses wallet online will be better, but if viewed in terms of security, offline wallet is the best, because wallet oflfline provides a good security standard and I think only you can open it.

millgates

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:36:50 PM

There are some advantages and disadvantages on both wallet. Online wallet is very practically for daily usage but this wallet is not safer than hardware wallet, so the hardware wallet has the highest security among all type of bitcoin wallet. So if you have big amount of bitcoin you must use hardware wallet,  but if you only have small amount of bitcoin,  you should choose online wallet. I usualy use blockchain wallet for my transaction,  I really love the user interface of it. In my oppinion is blockchain wallet has very simple and nice UI but the features are complete.
donGeilo

Activity: 169

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:47:51 PM

I prefer offline wallets. Offline wallets are the best option if you want to hold a large amount of bitcoins. The wallet is safe and you have full responsibility for it . There is no chance of facing a cyber attack and loosing all your assets.  Whereas , there is always a risk of getting hacked if you are using a online wallet. A single hack on the site of online wallet can lead to a huge loss for you. But online wallets can be used anywhere which is a very good feature fo traders so we can keep a less amount of bitcoins in the offline wallet.
Destroyeroff98

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

There is no unambiguous answer to this question, but from my point of view, a purse is better at the exchange.
The matter is that they are very reliably protected. Plus you do not need to store a huge purse on your computer.
Another disadvantage of the purse on the local machine is that if the computer breaks down, access is problematic and the accumulated funds are considered lost. Especially if the purse was lying on a disk with the operating system.
Also it is worth considering that bitcoin transactions are rather slow. If the growth or decline of a certain currency has started, you will not be able to respond quickly from the local wallet.

Eternu

Activity: 560
Merit: 257

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:54:11 PM

Depends on what you need and want. For example, if you need secure place for holding your Bitcoins safe, and not thinking about someone hacking your computer, offline wallets would be go get in that case. And if you want to spend some of you Bitcoins while holding some part of them, than I guess online wallet would be good for that. I personally use Blockchain wallet and i am pretty satisfied with it. As far as i know, offline wallet is safest place where you can store your Bitcoins. For bigger sums of Bitcoins i would recommend offline wallet. As i said, depends on what you need. Hope it helped. Cheesy 
GoodOne

Activity: 127
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:58:31 PM

Depends on what you need and want. For example, if you need secure place for holding your Bitcoins safe, and not thinking about someone hacking your computer, offline wallets would be go get in that case. And if you want to spend some of you Bitcoins while holding some part of them, than I guess online wallet would be good for that. I personally use Blockchain wallet and i am pretty satisfied with it. As far as i know, offline wallet is safest place where you can store your Bitcoins. For bigger sums of Bitcoins i would recommend offline wallet. As i said, depends on what you need. Hope it helped. Cheesy 

I completely agree.
There is no safer place than cold (offline) wallet for bigger amount.
You can have small amounts with your online wallet for small payments.
No better options unless you want to mess with keys like trezor etc.
catvantuong

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:05:23 PM

I usually use coinbase wallet and blockchain wallet. And my wallet is offline wallet, I do not know
Viviyang

Activity: 173

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 03:25:44 PM

I would advise that if you are always on the go then you should use an online wallet as by that you will be able to transact any time whenever you wish to, but if you live a sedentary lifestyle then best choice is to use an offline wallet.

▃▄▅▆▇ HEROCOIN.io ▇▆▅▄▃
⇨⇨⇨⇨⇨ ICO LIVE: JOIN NOW ⇦⇦⇦⇦⇦
▇▆▅▄▃ ANN | Bounty | Website ▃▄▅▆▇
[/color]
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: