Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 12:05:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16573 times)
jakirdj95

Activity: 224
Merit: 2

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:25:44 PM

Some here, I do also love online wallet when compar to an offline wallet because I do not have experience any problem regarding in online wallet and I have been using them now for a very long time. each has its own advantage, offline wallet are better used in holding or keeping bitcoin because it prevent hackers from hacking your wallet. to tighten it up and tha hacker could only cracked because its easy to have access over it.
since it doesn't have multiply layers of security.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Senja Kemuning

Activity: 553
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:32:37 PM

For me online wallet is more secure than offline wallet, this is because with online wallet then we do not need to think about hardware, because if we can not care for hardware then the hardware becomes damaged and all the bitcoin we save will be lost.

███
             █████
            ███████
           █████████
          ███████████
         █████████████
        ███████ ███████
       ███████   ███████
      ███████     ███████
     ███████       ███████
    ███████         ███████
   ███████           ███████
  ███████             ███████
 █████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████
M!RACLE TELE
BRINGING MAGIC
TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
40% Biweekly Rewards
▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬
Traffic from €0.01 worldwide

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
      ██         ██     
        ▀▌     ▐▀       
       ▄██▄▄▄▄▄██▄      
     ▄█████████████     
   ▄█████████████████▄   
  ██████▄██████▄██████  
 ▐█████████████████████▌
  ██████▀███████▀██████ 
  █████   █████   █████  
  █████████████████████  
  █████████████████    
    ███████████████    
 ▀██▄ ████████████  ▄██▀
      ▀██▀   ▀██▀   
       ▄█       █▄
ANN
Lightpaper
Bounty
Facebook
Twitter
Telegram
PhucS

Activity: 742
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:45:21 PM

Online wallet is also called hot wallet that are connected to internet while offline wallet or cold wallet is not.
I must preffered offline wallet if you want to stored your money.It is safe and pretty much hacker proof
Me too, my top choice is offline wallet. Offline wallets are safer, they have some features like managing private keys, setting passwords and pin codes when make transactions, so security will be higher. In addition, using offline wallets will reduce the likelihood of hackers infiltrating and stealing data. Using an online wallet will be easier, but the risk of being stolen is very high, some online wallets don't give you control over your private key, which is quite a dangerous thing
abel1337
Legendary

Activity: 2464
Merit: 1145

FOCUS

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:54:11 PM

For me online wallet is more secure than offline wallet, this is because with online wallet then we do not need to think about hardware, because if we can not care for hardware then the hardware becomes damaged and all the bitcoin we save will be lost.
Offline and online wallet has its advantages and disadvantages , It only depends on the person who is using it and how it will work in his current environment. For example myself , I prefer offline wallet because I rarely transact bitcoins and I store bitcoins on my offline wallet. But I also have online wallets for my rush/emergency transactions.
reinielle26

Activity: 199
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:20:13 AM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?

I prefer online because you can access it anywhere, unlike offline, you have to bring it with you in case of emergency. Although offline is more secured than online, it has its own disadvantage too. What if you lost it? What if you misplace it? You can also access online wallet any time and anywhere you just need internet connection.
Herry toer

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:37:08 AM

The online wallet is also called hot wallet that is connected to the internet while offline wallet or cold wallet is not.
I must prefer offline wallet if you want to store your money.It is safe and pretty much hacker proof
I agree offline wallets are more secure than online wallets. Because if the online wallet must be very vulnerable to hackers. We could have conceded if using an online wallet. But if using an offline wallet I think it's safer and more comfortable to use.
AlexWilliam502

Activity: 32

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 04:38:02 AM

In terms of security and for long term holding needs people prefer offline wallets, whereas for anywhere accessing and gambling needs online wallets were the one that's preferred much. Offline wallets are totally beating up online wallets in any case.
kimberlymingi

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:04:29 AM

I suggest offline wallet, it is more reliable and safer than the online wallet that can be hacked by anyone.
It is also less hassle and faster than the online wallet that needs internet connection to work, what is you have to pay something right now but you just can't cause you have poor internet connection. that's not Cool. -_-
Xavierfr12

Activity: 118

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 05:28:43 AM

for me the online wallet is work best because the online wallet is secure and safety to use the online wallet  have security and this is trusted for any one in the online wallet many investor using it.
Granslam

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:41:18 PM

For me much better to used online wallet than offline wallet because online wallets is anywhere you can open and withdraw your bitcoin.
Offline wallet is not good to use and very risky because you can use it when you are at home or when you use your personal computer, and very risky because when your computer is in trouble and the hard disk is broken everything inside your wallet will be lost and your bitcoin is gone.
oracleongoodbye

Activity: 623
Merit: 362

View Profile
March 15, 2018, 03:43:34 PM

I do not think there is a need for all of us to repeat the same thing in our different ways. As the term explains the whole thing myself that something that is offline is safe from all kinds of attacks from the internet is it hacking or virus or any such obvious example of a wallet is best to Store large amounts of bitcoins but if you have negligible amounts of it and also what you are required to spend from time to time, you can store them in your wallet online.
joan26

Activity: 168

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:06:42 AM

An online vs offline wallet won't make a difference. A bitcoin transaction has to be broadcast to the network at some point. So the transaction comes online at some point. In order for the transaction to get processed, it needs a sufficient fee.
Cinemo

Activity: 350

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:13:39 AM

I prefer offline wallets. Offline wallets are the best option if you want to hold a large amount of bitcoins. The wallet is safe and you have full responsibility for it . There is no chance of facing a cyber attack and loosing all your assets.  Whereas , there is always a risk of getting hacked if you are using a online wallet. A single hack on the site of online wallet can lead to a huge loss for you. But online wallets can be used anywhere which is a very good feature fo traders so we can keep a less amount of bitcoins in the offline wallet.
Troysen

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:25:07 AM

Well, the wallet you decide to use is entirely your choice based on convenience. Hardware wallets are however more secure and convenient as they guarantee the safety of your coins, Online wallets maybe prone to hackers especially if one gets careless with their private key
dhka

Activity: 266
Merit: 101

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:28:25 AM

Well, the wallet you decide to use is entirely your choice based on convenience. Hardware wallets are however more secure and convenient as they guarantee the safety of your coins, Online wallets maybe prone to hackers especially if one gets careless with their private key

You have a very high activity number but only a member rank haha

But yeah, you need to use wallet based on your needs. If you need it to trade then keeping it in an online wallet is fine. But you still need to have your own hardware walletnto keep your other investment. Only keep  small amount of your asset in online wallet. Too risky to save your asset in an online wallet

Jerald

Activity: 293
Merit: 107

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 06:32:32 AM

Online wallet is very useful for me as for now because I earn money from bitcoin. It useful storing bitcoin and for cashing out or in.My online wallet is just like my offline wallet, we need to secure and protect from stealers. The only difference is that offline is tangible.
MrCrank

Activity: 1336
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 07:48:32 AM

Offline wallet will be better for storage your coins. (called paper wallet) and safe.
Online-wallet for send/recieve cons every day.
btcbabhh

Activity: 307

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 08:12:23 AM

I prefer to use offline wallets, because, it is much safer than online wallets, the only thing that I think about in offline wallet is my keys, and nothing more. Just having to secure that keystore is enough for everyone to feel safe, nobody can take it from you, unless you lose it or lose all of your back up file.
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 09:55:51 AM

I prefer to use offline wallets, because, it is much safer than online wallets, the only thing that I think about in offline wallet is my keys, and nothing more. Just having to secure that keystore is enough for everyone to feel safe, nobody can take it from you, unless you lose it or lose all of your back up file.
Offline wallets are the best and the best type of offline wallet that i am currently using is the hardware wallet called ledger nano s which is the best because it supports a lot of major cryptocurrency in the market and with ledger nano s, i can secured my coins and feel very safe even though i will plug it into a computer that have a virus or malware because my hardware wallet is very safe.
altercreed

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 16, 2018, 01:35:49 PM

I think my wallet is very good online mebuat wallet in blockchain.info and I have very long save bitcoin there, and everything is safe

You can have the most secured crypto wallet in your possession but if you are not vigilant and careless enough against hackers, then you will end up having an empty crypto wallet.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 [38] 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: