Bitcoin Forum
May 10, 2024, 06:58:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16573 times)
Nunoluck

Activity: 452
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 03:43:54 AM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?
I preffer like to use online wallet, the mobile version is my favorite. I don't have many bitcoin so online eallet is enough for me.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
putlink

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:03:59 AM

I think both.

When you need to trade frequently or real time monitoring, and use a small amount of bitcoin,the online wallets is undoubtedly the best choice.
Otherwise, offline wallets.
poplolnman
Legendary

Activity: 1442
Merit: 1008

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:30:07 AM

It depends on your usage of bitcoin , if you are using your wallet often times for sending or receving transaction, i suggest you to use an online wallet if you only want a temporary storage for your wallet. If you are planning to hold your bitcoin use offline wallet, it is more secured to use against hacker.
Why do I need to use an Online Wallet for my daily using of Bitcoin? I can still using Offline Wallets for daily and there is no problem. Even, the Offline Wallets can guarantee my permission for my Bitcoin. No one has access to using my Bitcoin unless they know my password and private key for the Bitcoin wallet stored in my computer.
online wallet allows you to access your fund anywhere anytime without have to download any software . there's always a pros and cons where online wallet usually hold your private key which makes it's a little bit centralized . always better to use offline wallet but there's no harm to use an online wallet one as long as it's a reputable wallet not a new and strange wallet.

I'm in 400,000 euros debt , dont help me , i rather die
stevanprice

Activity: 40

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:36:51 AM

In my opinion, all the wallets are actually good, but there are some advantages and disadvantages, the first for the online wallet itself is actually safe if saves in a long time but the weakness if there is a hacker then most likely will be stolen, while for offline purses offline security is protected from hackers, but also has weaknesses, eg physically damaged, etc.
Supreemo

Activity: 443
Merit: 110

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 04:37:19 AM

It depends on your usage of bitcoin , if you are using your wallet often times for sending or receving transaction, i suggest you to use an online wallet if you only want a temporary storage for your wallet. If you are planning to hold your bitcoin use offline wallet, it is more secured to use against hacker.
Why do I need to use an Online Wallet for my daily using of Bitcoin? I can still using Offline Wallets for daily and there is no problem. Even, the Offline Wallets can guarantee my permission for my Bitcoin. No one has access to using my Bitcoin unless they know my password and private key for the Bitcoin wallet stored in my computer.
online wallet allows you to access your fund anywhere anytime without have to download any software . there's always a pros and cons where online wallet usually hold your private key which makes it's a little bit centralized . always better to use offline wallet but there's no harm to use an online wallet one as long as it's a reputable wallet not a new and strange wallet.
,personally offline wallets for me are the best storage for long term if you wont either use your coins or use them for transactions, but if that's the case where you badly need to use your coins then it is not also bad to use online wallets which are trusted and as you've said reputable.
markleal

Activity: 446
Merit: 13

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:05:23 AM

Hi there RubyM! I personally use the online wallet for the purpose of accessing it wherever I go. I am also confident that the security protocols used by the wallet companies are top level. On the other hand, the Offline wallet is much secure it is like you have a money vault in your own house. So even the wallet company is hacked or bankrupt (just what happened to Mt. Gox in 2014) your bitcoins are much secure. But if you are the one that is hacked, it could be pretty hard to gain it back.    Smiley
richlipkin

Activity: 56

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:51:27 AM

There are some online wallets that still let you control your private keys, like blockchain.info. That service claims that your private keys are stored encrypted with your password, so that even they cannot access them. But you still have to trust that this is actually the case. It is not trustless unless you use an offline wallet AND compile it from source yourself (after auditing the source) instead of downloading an executable.

Me? I use Electrum, and keep a few coins on exchanges for when I need cash or want to buy alts.
Pakboy

Activity: 195
Merit: 100

"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"

View Profile
November 21, 2017, 05:56:57 AM

If you want to store your bitcoins, I think it is good if you will use online wallets than offline wallets. Because you can easiky deposit your bitcoins and you can also eithdraw your bitcoin by the use of online wallets.

dillpicklechips

Activity: 994
Merit: 507

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:15:00 AM

If you want to store your bitcoins, I think it is good if you will use online wallets than offline wallets. Because you can easiky deposit your bitcoins and you can also eithdraw your bitcoin by the use of online wallets.
The conveniency and security is two things that people should consider. Security should put in the top priority and offline wallets are far more secure so if you have a large amount of bitcoin then store it there while a fraction of it to be store online for easy spending.

Aside from that, there are online wallets which you can perform an easy way to pay your bills, transfer coins from one another to the next with no fees as long as it is an internal transaction, some where you can exchange it to fiat and etc. So basically, online wallets are very convenient and offline wallets are used to secure it far more than online wallets do.
jonathan163

Activity: 322

View Profile WWW
November 22, 2017, 02:22:33 AM

for me if you want storage your tokens for long term use offline wallet more secure than online wallet
and i use only online wallet when i in trading or for my extra profit to invest
Kakawate

Activity: 378

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:26:15 AM

I prefer to use offline wallets, because, it is much safer than online wallets, the only thing that I think about in offline wallet is my keys, and nothing more. Just having to secure that keystore is enough for everyone to feel safe, nobody can take it from you, unless you lose it or lose all of your back up file. Nothing less, for me offline wallets are the best.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
denulh

Activity: 300
Merit: 10

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:29:43 AM

Offline wallet is extremely secure because no internet access, can not be hacked, saving money for many years, online wallet is not as secure as ofline wallet but easy to use and access when we need to make transactions.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
heleng05

Merit: 10

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:31:37 AM

I think when choosing wallets there's no to compare just observe which or what do you like to a wallet, but if you like wallet that can easily use for paying things you might use online wallet and if you want to keep yourself you own bitcoin you should use offline wallet.

Tiktik

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:33:53 AM

Much better if you use offline wallet because no one knows about your security but if you use online wallet it is also a good wallet because you can use this when ever you want just you need is internet to use this.
chicobr

Activity: 235
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:35:33 AM

I think when choosing wallets there's no to compare just observe which or what do you like to a wallet, but if you like wallet that can easily use for paying things you might use online wallet and if you want to keep yourself you own bitcoin you should use offline wallet.
Yes, I agree with you. You can use both of them. For me, I usually put a small of coins into online wallet to trade. Which coins I hodl in longterm I will put them in offline wallet.
Gens09

Activity: 434

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 02:41:19 AM

It is all work completely fine online and offline wallets are doing both a good job but i guess when you have a offline wallrt obviously it has a more secure security because it is offline no one can hacked your wallet or you are not even vulnerable but in online wallet it is possible to het scam by exchanger or sites.
Aiga7phoiy

Activity: 19

View Profile
November 22, 2017, 06:14:36 AM

i invest bitcoin (buy/ sell) with small amounts so that use online wallet which make my work fast
teamcryptonator

Activity: 749
Merit: 503

Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:07:36 PM

It is all work completely fine online and offline wallets are doing both a good job but i guess when you have a offline wallrt obviously it has a more secure security because it is offline no one can hacked your wallet or you are not even vulnerable but in online wallet it is possible to het scam by exchanger or sites.
Although no one can attacks your wallet, but you must to know the risk of offline wallet still exist. You must to guarantee your private key always safe and protect by you. No one has access to your private key, of course, if you print your private key to paper, you also need to keep this paper careful.

███████████████████████
     ███▄ ▄▄▄▄   ▄▄▄█▀▀  █████
    ███  █▀  ▀█▀▀▀       ▐█ ███
   ███  ▄██▄▄█▀▄▄▄        █▌ ███
  ███ ▄█▀  █     ▀█▄▄     ▐█  ▐██
 ███▄█▀    █        ▀█▄▄  ▄▄▄ ██
████▀      █           ▀██▀   ▀█ ██
 ██▀█▄     █          ▄█▀▀█▄▄▄█▀██
  ██ ▀█▄   █      ▄▄█▀▀    ▐█  ██
   ██  ▀█▄█▀▀█▄▄█▀▀        █▌ ██
    ███  █▄  ▄█▀█▄▄▄      █▌███
     ███  ▀▀▀▀     ▀▀▀█▄▄▐████
      ███████████████████████

▄▄       ▄▄▄        ▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄ 
  ▀█▄   ▄█▀ ▀█▄    ▄█▀ ▄█▀▀   ▀▀█▄
    ▀█▄█▀     ▀█▄▄█▀  ▐█         █▌
    ▄█▀█▄      ▄█▀    ▐█         █▌
  ▄█▀   ▀█▄  ▄█▀       █▄       ▄█
▄█▀       ▀██▀          ▀▀█▄▄▄█▀▀

Network
BLOCKCHAIN JUST ENTERED THE REAL WORLD
..Decentralized Crypto-Location Oracle Network.
.........GET WHITELISTED FOR TOKEN SALE ( Limited )..........

.WHITE PAPER.  ││  ANN Thread  Telegram   Medium   Twitter   Reddit
J_Dubbs

View Profile
November 23, 2017, 08:14:21 PM

Of course, it is best to keep crypto currency on offline wallets. These wallets do not have constant access to the Internet - so they can not be hacked. It's very safe, but not always profitable.
Paycoinzzz

Activity: 994
Merit: 503

View Profile
November 25, 2017, 08:05:03 PM

In my opinion, those who use online wallet are against the nature of Bitcoin system and cryptocurrency world.
Unless we need to have exchange to buy/sell our coin, I never want to put my crypto on any online wallet because it means we are using a centralized service.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: