Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 05:36:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16573 times)
pitiflin

Activity: 980
Merit: 507

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:51:23 PM

Offline wallets have a very less possibility of getting hacked and you will be the owner of your private keys. Whereas its not the same case for that of online wallets,you do not have access to your own private keys in most of the online wallets. Online wallets are easy to use and has ease of mobility. I mostly use online wallets for regular transactions and offline wallets for holding for long term.

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██

█
      ██
     ██
   ██ ██
 █ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
  B

▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄▄████████████▄▄
   ▄█████▀▀    ▀▀█████▄
  ████▀            ▀████
 ████                ████
▐███                  ███▌
███▌                  ▐███
▐███           ▄▄     ███▌
 ████         ▀███▄  ▐███
  ████▄         ▀███▄███
   ▀█████▄▄     ▄█████▀
     ▀▀████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀
T 
.Better. Quick..

.Transparent....

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
███████████████▀       ████
██████████████      ▄▄▄████
██████████████    ▐████████
██████████            ▐████
██████████            █████
▀█████████████    ▐███████▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin network protocol was designed to be extremely flexible. It can be used to create timed transactions, escrow transactions, multi-signature transactions, etc. The current features of the client only hint at what will be possible in the future.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
szpalata

Activity: 686
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 12:53:51 PM

Off line wallet is the best and you need to generate it well that will do a lot of good. The on line wallet is susceptible to more attacks since you are connected to the worldwide web.

Innws much as offline wallets are the best they also comes with hug investment before you can effectively use it and  Fats why newbies especially are ok with online wallets because they don't have to invest in any hardware to get their coins safely stored.
happyme1818

Activity: 568
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:01:35 PM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?
Offline wallet is the best wallet for bitcoin. Online wallet is prone to hacking and online wallet usually don't give your private key. As the saying goes "If you do not control your private key, you do not control your bitcoin.
Anarchist

Activity: 531
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 01:22:40 PM

when using the AdWords wallet should work well and not disappoint its users?

What the hell are you talking about? Are you telling that Google jumped into Bitcoin?
sakkosekk

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 02:51:55 PM

Online wallet helps you make it easier, you can make fast transactions, bitcoin payments and other types of cryto currency.
However, I noticed that online wallets of many people have problems related to security, hacking and theft
Wallet offiline helps you to store your bitcoin more securely, people often store large amounts of their cryto-money assets here and for a long time.
Opquar

Activity: 385
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:49:30 PM

Offline wallet is safer. It is also easier to manage and very flexible like you can change the receiving address anytime.

I agree with this. This isn't to say that online wallets are not safe, it's just that offline wallets are much safer. It's convenience vs security, and you don't really have to choose as you can use both for different purposes.
Qtrez

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:51:07 PM

everyone always has a different point of view. for me both are good and still the same pungs is a wallet basically.

thebanker28

Activity: 303

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:04:35 PM

With all things related to computer security there is really no such thing as a 100% security guarantee. If you have an online wallet the wallet itself it probably the least of your security concerns (assuming that you have an up to date reputable build). The more likely problems are going to occur first at the human level ie you. getting phished, reusing your assword in multiple places, loosing your phone, tablet, laptop etc.

The second most likely cause of a breach is going to be some piece of malicous software on one of your devices. This could be a Trojan planted within another piece of software, or get accidentally installed by visiting the wrong website or clicking on a dodgy link.

The third most likely problem to occur is going to be a secondary attack - eg your email provider or someone like iCloud or Dropbox gets breached and something of value (eg your private keys) are going to be stored there.

The easiest thing to do is to just automatically make the assumption that online systems are imperfect and bad people are always trying to penetrate them. If you do have online wallets, keep amounts as small as possible and place as many obstacles in the way as possible.

Take simple precautions such as encrypting your hard drive, and making sure your OS is up to date.

Larger amounts should be off line - paper or hardware wallets.

▄▄████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████▄▄
      ███████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀█████████████████████████
██▄▄       ▀▀█████████████████████
██████▄▄        ▀█████████████████
███████████▄▄       ▀▀████████████
███████████████▄▄        ▀████████
████████████████████▄▄       ▀▀███
 ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
     ▀▀██████████████████████▄▄
▄▄        ▀██████████████████████▄
████▄▄        ▀▀██████████████████
█████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████████
█████████████▄▄        ▀▀█████████
██████████████████▄▄        ▀▀████
▀██████████████████████▄▄
  ▀▀████████████████████████
      ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
           ▀▀███████▀▀

.SEMUX
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
  Semux uses 100% original codebase
  Superfast with 30 seconds instant finality
  Tested 5000 tx per block on open network
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
█ █
Pettuh4

Activity: 812
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:24:01 PM

everyone always has a different point of view. for me both are good and still the same pungs is a wallet basically.

Exactly, they both have their pros and cons and it depends on what each individual prefers. The old whales I bet would o Eder offline walkers or blockchain qt but newbies who don't want to spend on extra hardware and hard drive space may jut honin for online walkers like coinbase.
Silberman
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 1334

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:51:28 AM

Offline wallets for long term but i think do save in both for most safety and also try to save in exchanger site because i think its more safe there this is base only in my experience here in bitcoin and im not sure about in exchanger but i do that because thats for me is safe than any wallets
Putting your coins in any exchange is usually did for trading purpose. I won't suggest to simply add your coins in the exchange for long term profit as the rules for exchanges may change any time and our coins might not be safe their.

If you want to earn some good income from the invested coins than you can use some online investment sites to invest your coins and have a good daily profit there. You will get a good daily interest rate there if you are storing your coins in an investment site. But also be aware about the ponzi schemes.
Not only that the exchanges have several other issues, one is that they are a big target for hackers and governments, if they get hacked you lose your funds and if they confiscate the servers of the exchange then you lose your funds as well, they could also exit scam you and disappear and gain you lose all your money, so as you can see leaving your funds in an exchange is a terrible idea.
SummerBliss

Activity: 910
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:57:59 AM

I am a trader and I need my Bitcoins frequently that is why I prefer online wallet or in offline, desktop wallet. I have never tried hardware as for now. But I never keep my all bitcoins in one wallet. I diversify them among various wallets. Thus, a security from being robbed off completely if ever happens.
harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:24:57 AM

Can you give the advantages and disadvantages of offline wallets and online wallets

So other people can understand clearly

What they will choose
Ajan08

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 07:58:12 AM

The definitions of "online wallet" and "offline wallet" are confused. They mean different things to different people.
Generally, "offline wallet" means the same as "cold storage", or a wallet that is not connected to the internet. Some people use the term to mean a wallet that runs directly on a device -- phone, tablet, computer, etc.
Then you would expect that "online wallet" means a wallet that is connected to the internet -- the same as a "hot wallet", but that's not how most people use the term. Generally, when people refer to an "online wallet", they mean a wallet that is accessed through a web site, and sometimes more specifically an account at a web site that is not really a wallet. This may also be called "web wallet" or "hosted wallet".
I try to avoid using the terms "online" and "offline" because of the confusion.
Cold storage is the safest because someone needs physical access to the wallet to steal the bitcoins. Holding bitcoins in an account on a web site is generally unsafe. Bitcoins in accounts are easily and frequently stolen.
Darkrulerx

Activity: 30

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:05:00 AM

I am a trader and I need my Bitcoins frequently that is why I prefer online wallet or in offline, desktop wallet. I have never tried hardware as for now. But I never keep my all bitcoins in one wallet. I diversify them among various wallets. Thus, a security from being robbed off completely if ever happens.

Yes i also prefer online wallet with online wallet you don't have to worry about losing your key or the wallet file. It is safely stored and protected from hackers. The online wallet is not a weak tool hackers can't break in unless you download everything on the internet.

You can also just store your wallet locally, but that is risky hackers can easily take them and upload to their servers. They can break in a child of 12 year can also do that.
Ngewex Yuk

Activity: 1190

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:19:30 AM

Off line wallet is the best and you need to generate it well that will do a lot of good. The on line wallet is susceptible to more attacks since you are connected to the worldwide web.
Yes right, offline wallet is very safe because it takes a lot of things to be stolen, but for now I still use online wallet because I think easier and simpler so it does not need heavy equipment.

TIME
TO
SLEEP
snowdropfore

Activity: 843
Merit: 1001

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:27:23 AM

i think hard wallet just like ledger nano s and trozer would be so convenient ,it can use bitcoin send and receive so quickly . offline wallet i will consider cryptosteel , that will be a long long term holding bitcoin ..

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
pendekar cinta

Activity: 490

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:30:08 AM

I myself prefer a wallet that can be used offline because it is able to anticipate the theft of people who are not responsible and able to make their own comfort every time I check it.

oegarod

Activity: 602
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:43:59 AM

I myself prefer a wallet that can be used offline because it is able to anticipate the theft of people who are not responsible and able to make their own comfort every time I check it.
Yes, to overcome the issues from theft and hacking its good to use offline wallets. With online wallets the interconnectivity makes it easily hackable though lots of security features were enabled. For faster accessibility online wallets seems to be the best.
RecklessRocket

Activity: 38

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:55:02 AM

I like to use online BitCoin wallet only.

Could some one provides me a video tutorial that talks about Offline Wallets and their safety?
Sohailul

Activity: 546

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 08:55:33 AM

I think offline wallet is best. Because we can safe money in this wallet. Even we save big amount of money here. On the other hand online wallet is important for only online works like online shop, trading and investing in other site. So i really like offline wallet.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: