Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 11:37:03 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Offline Wallets Vs Online Wallets  (Read 16573 times)
hypersonic1

Activity: 311
Merit: 109

Endless Horizons!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:20:07 PM

If you go online, be sure that the wallit is either insured or has an extremely solid security program that includes cold wallets. The faucet i my sig has such a process where only 5% of the BTC is ever in a hot wallet that hackers could even think to try to get too. Not to mention it accrues interest. Smiley Happy hunting!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
dharnamonitor

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 02:29:53 PM

I only used online wallet for cashing out purposes, it is advisable to use a hardware wallet for long term use like if you wanted to store your bitcoins for a decades it will be secured. If you have your own business and using your coins for everyday use like using it for a trade or investing You'd rather use a paper wallet just be careful to not lose your private key

chip1994

Activity: 868
Merit: 251

HEX: Longer pays better

View Profile
November 01, 2017, 07:21:25 PM

Which of the Bitcoin wallets between the Online and Offline works best?
Many people says that offline wallet is better than online wallet but for me is the opposite. I prefer to use online wallet than offline waller because online waller is easy to use and it is easy to access.

Yeah as what you said it's EASY TO ACCESS, easy for you to access as well as more easy for the hackers.
Of course you can use online wallets but make sure that you didn't store huge amount of your coins, just leave some for your daily transactions. Always prefer to use wallets that let's you hold private keys or seeds, just write it down in a paper and make sure you're the only one who had an access. Better be safe than crying brother, as always prevention is better than cure.
I have a smartphone only use Authentication app to receive the code login my wallet. This smartphone never use any app or download anything and always offline instead of open wifi or access in some website and get virus. Beside that, I also do not put SIM card in this smartphone, I use SIM card in a classic phone to security all Cheesy. No one can robs my Bitcoin.

████████████████████
       ██████████████████████
      ████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████
    ████████████████████████████
   ████               ▀██████████
  ████  ██████████████  ██████████
████  ████████████████  ██████████▄
████  ██████████████████  █████████▀
██  ████████████████████  ███████
    ███          █████████  █████
   ███  ███████   ███████  █████
       █████████   █████  █████
      ███████████   ███  █████
       █████████   ███  █████
        ███████   ███  █████

Powered by,
Rahul20

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:47:09 AM

Offline wallet is more better. in this system  there is no need to Internet connection. Besides, offline wallet is controlled by us.so i think offline wallet is the best.Technically online wallet is better because you can used it everywhere even you can't bring your own gadget. However, like the others said it was prone to risks because it is close to the hacker. On the other side offline wallet was not usable if in case your gadget is destroy.
bossgucci

Activity: 21

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:04:35 AM

Online wallets its better because you have less chance being hacked by hackers or scammers. If you have stored it locally they can steal it with a wallet stealer in a file.

This is why i store most of my wallets online.
xSkylarx

Activity: 2352
Merit: 593

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 10:06:27 AM

If you just want to hold your  bitcoin to a long term then it would be best to store it in some offline wallets,
But if you would withdraw some in time to time then you I think the online wallet would be best for you.
bagundal

Activity: 48

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:11:13 AM

according to my experience when I hold my BTC
offline wallet
when your Hdd damage/broken, you can't access your wallet again
but your asset are very secure, no one will hack your account

online wallet
when I activate 2fa with my phone number, and my cellphone has stolen...I lost my wallet too
but based on flexibility, efficiency you can use this wallet anytime anywhere you want
A.nayem

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:43:16 AM

I don´t recommend online wallets because you don´t have control of your coins. At any time someone can guess your credentials and hack your account, the service can suffer a robbery or even close and leave with your funds. Some time ago it was posted a leak with accounts at blockchain.info, addresses and passwords, it´s easy to suffer losses with online wallets.I use online wallets, offline ones seem too much hassle for me, moreover I only have a very small amount of BTC that I don't have to be afraid of losing.
April2017

Activity: 36

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:50:29 AM

I prefer online wallet because it is more simple and easy to use than offline wallet, I use wallet from coinbase and xapo, and has been used for almost 2 years has never experienced a problem.
fishbonez11

Activity: 322
Merit: 116

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 12:09:49 PM

It's crystal clear that offline wallets are the best option when you need the security for holding a large amount of bitcoin in a long time. Otherwise, online wallet provides the easiness of accessing your wallet through everywhere, it matches well if you're a trader who always needs to get in touch with your bitcoin every time. Both have the advantages and disadvantages so choose which one you really need.
Furthermore, you can see these reviews just in case if you really need: https://99bitcoins.com/best-bitcoin-wallet-2015-bitcoin-wallets-comparison-review/

I personally use an online wallet for the same reason of accessibility. But I also agree with the quoted response above, that for large amounts and long-term holding, an offline wallet would be more secure. Choosing between the two would depend on your personal needs.
skylark001

Activity: 228

GIF by SOCIFI

View Profile WWW
November 03, 2017, 04:33:58 PM

Online wallets store your private keys online, on a cloud based location in common words, on a computer controlled by someone else on a remote location on web. Examples of online wallets – Coinbase, circle, strong chain (hybridwallet) hosted by block chain.

The most popular and cheapest form. In Paper wallets, a unique address created for one individual with an image containing 2 QR codes, among which one is a public address to be used to receive Bitcoins and the other is a private key used to spend bitcoins stored at the given address.

Offline wallets are also called ‘Cold Storage’ wallets. In this we store our Bitcoin keys offline to avoid stealing of the same from someone else on the net.

It’s the best to use offline wallet for the maximum of Bitcoin, and transfer only a few in Online wallet for further investing/spending.

hashtag101

Activity: 419
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 09:03:00 PM

It's crystal clear that offline wallets are the best option when you need the security for holding a large amount of bitcoin in a long time. Otherwise, online wallet provides the easiness of accessing your wallet through everywhere, it matches well if you're a trader who always needs to get in touch with your bitcoin every time. Both have the advantages and disadvantages so choose which one you really need.
Furthermore, you can see these reviews just in case if you really need: https://99bitcoins.com/best-bitcoin-wallet-2015-bitcoin-wallets-comparison-review/

I personally use an online wallet for the same reason of accessibility. But I also agree with the quoted response above, that for large amounts and long-term holding, an offline wallet would be more secure. Choosing between the two would depend on your personal needs.
Yeah, why do Trazor and Ledger provide the services hardware wall for the cryptocurrency user? That's by the risk of holding cryptocurrency in online wallet and desktop wallet, because these wallet can attack by hackers anytime if user don't protect their computer carefully.
RenzAranez

Activity: 34

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 10:24:08 PM

Based on my experience, i will prefer offline wallets because they are safe and it is not that risky because you are storing your bitcoins on wallets offline and you only need to secure them from the thieves out there in your place but rather than that like hackers, you don't need to worry because it works offline and it is very easy to use.

I'm sorry a newbie here!
how to apply or to have an offline wallet?
maybe there lots of way to find information about this but i prefer to ask you guys here for you have more experience than to google it.
thank you in advance...
pinoyden

Activity: 756
Merit: 102

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:06:04 PM

I prefer online wallet because it is more simple and easy to use than offline wallet, I use wallet from coinbase and xapo, and has been used for almost 2 years has never experienced a problem.
offline wallets are much more secure compared to online wallets but yes online wallets are most used by people because most are actively using bitcoins such as sending or recieving it and also trading/exchanging it , also most of us dont hold much bitcoins in their wallets thats why they dont prefered to use offline wallets. offline wallets are best if your storing or holding a really big amounts of bitcoin and wants an extra security.
TheRomanLegion_

Activity: 74
Merit: 11

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:09:37 PM

For bitcoin, I use an offline wallet. For Ethereum, I use an online wallet (to trade and buy alt coins with).
HEWRA

Activity: 153

View Profile
November 03, 2017, 11:19:23 PM

Actually, Online wallets are very useful because you are able to send your money on any address in any moment you want however the safety is pretty low. You can just get logged on it from any place at the world, still it depends on the security of your own computer and data. I prefer to use offline wallets for the Btc i want to store for a longer time because im one hundred percent sure there is no chance im going to lose them: unless i will give the private key and the address to some guy, which is not going to happen Smiley
jonatuzc

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
November 04, 2017, 05:51:13 AM

I preferred Online Wallet. Online Wallet is secured through a password. I can access or use Online Wallet anywhere in the world, but this time needs a stable internet connection. All the information is protected. I can access through mobile phones.

Online wallets are great when it comes to portability and usage across many devices but unfortunately, they aren't safe at all. Probably, your password isn't very complex. You could be easily tricked by a phishing website or a keylogger. Wallets that allow you to control your private keys are the best ones. It is impossible right now to break some popular encryption algorithms without using a quantum computer which is expensive.
Yes online wallet is fluent to use than offline wallet. People are rewarded with many benefits by using online wallets. The most important thing is you can anywhere everywhere access to your wallet only what needed is a stable internet connection. Although offline wallet has its own importance, so better not to compare these two
FIexibIeL00k

Activity: 4

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 01:02:58 AM

Nicely, just by the title by itself, traditional wallet seems like a far more safe solution, but either one You choose You have to be careful. And try to but always make sure that only You have access to Your private key, and that it is preserved on some secure and safe location!
Cryptohunt

Activity: 192
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:41:09 PM

if we speak which is best I think it's about the needs of each person, because everyone has different thoughts and needs.
I think using both is the best choice for us at this time where we need we can access both whether it is offline or online.
thesmallgod

Activity: 1498
Merit: 129

View Profile
November 07, 2017, 02:51:41 PM

both wallet have their shortcomming. in term of transaction charges I prefer online wallet, the fee is much lower than the offline wallet even if the fee is set to lowest predefined value. in term of Security threat like hacking I think offline wallet is better this time around. online wallet  are more prone to security threat than offline wallet most especially when you are accessing your account from a public computer. alot of online wallet like MEW are being hacked through phising.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 »
  Print  

Jump to: