Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 10:51:58 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52066 times)
Absentis

Activity: 129
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 02:36:57 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

I will sell my bitcoins or altcoins if needed or for emergency use only but if not i will continue to trade or invest. During trading perhaps we should sell if the value in the market is going down maybe a drop by maximum of 10% from the former highest value because decreasing the value it means the coins are in difficult situation like more owner demand for selling than buying.
wahb

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:30:46 PM

The same whales doing the same pump and dump. Rinse and repeat. Shaking out the weak!! Stay strong, go long. You will be fine.
the damage has been made and weak holders are under pressure thinking that the crash will be that long, I guess normal process with any crypto
so better to understand how this pro traders works and how to take advantage from it.
i do not think that we need to take any pressure, no need for panic selling because bitcoin is just taking a correction and very soon the price is going to start increasing again, therefore in such situation it will be more profitable if you will hold your bitcoin for some more time because still there are too much expectation that the price of bitcoin will reach to 7000$.
namjey

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 06:35:39 PM

bitcoin went from 4900 to 4100 in couple hours!! Should I sell now not to lose more?? or should I wait??? help me...
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 04, 2017, 07:55:27 PM

bitcoin went from 4900 to 4100 in couple hours!! Should I sell now not to lose more?? or should I wait??? help me...
i do not think that you need to comes in panic, i think that is very normal to bitcoin, i am sure that bitcoin will recover its position very soon and hope that we will see bitcoin again trading above 5000$. i am sure that bitcoin will continue increasing and at the end of 2017 the price will easily cross 7000$, therefore i am thinking that we should continue holding our bitcoin and not so sell it.
Wittycoin

Activity: 696

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:00:27 AM

Its upon you to decide when to sell your coin, just don't let your emotions dictate your move when the value of coin is decreasing. For me, you can sell your coin when it's value is big enoigh and you are also already contented with the profit that you will gain when you sell.
Drizzlepistol

Activity: 134

Decentralized Ascending Auctions on Blockchain

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 03:54:32 AM

Now is the time to sell. Not because I lost hope in altcoin or crypto world. But when anytime have a bad new we can sell and buy later

iBid     ▐     Decentralized Auctions on Blockchain    (    About us    Telegram   )
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬             AN  AUCTION    ❱   All auctions start at     $0

[  ◥   Google Play      ◥   App Store  ]   ██ SIGN UP ██        with no minimum reserve
Smarty14392

Activity: 560
Merit: 286

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 06:31:38 AM

If I have invested money in altcoins then I never hold them too long and sell whenever its giving me at least some profits as it can be bought again when price dumps and bitcoin is an long term investment for me so I will not sell till it achieves my desired price and till that time I will keep them safe in my wallet.
You are going with a good approach. Altcoins are not too fluctuating so they might end up with low profits if you are just waiting for the long term profit. But yes bitcoins are surely more amazing when you are talking about long term yielding of handsome profit.
BobBct

Activity: 616
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 09:40:51 AM

Sell next year because there is a BIG chance that crypto will blow the charts! Shocked
zekeshawn

Activity: 254

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:06:10 AM

Now is the time to sell. Not because I lost hope in altcoin or crypto world. But when anytime have a bad new we can sell and buy later
Are you saying that sell when you are in a losing position? Because me I don't do that I always see to it not to sell if I think my portfolio is on negative because I know that crypto will always find its way to come back on its original price so i just wait for that time and I only buy promising coins for long term investment.
BurhanPSG

Activity: 322

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 10:46:19 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

When I sell it is usually 100% to 50%. but my weekly hold that. more technical analysis just for sure like this scenario. when prices and volumes are rising still holding. then you have to sell enough to profit.

That is a very big profit there: 50% - 100% in your trade and you noted that it is weekly. I guess you are trading with low price altcoins and waiting for sharks to pump it on any given day of the week?
yes i guess it is one very good strategy for us trading, especially with us buy altcoin at cheap price we can save and will not get too big loss too big.
in fact later we will get more profits when altcoin prices rise.
babygun

Activity: 2128
Merit: 254

View Profile WWW
September 05, 2017, 10:48:07 AM

I will sell when bitcoins price skyrocket (reaching 10 000$ mark), however I will not sell everything then, maybe it will rise even more.
For the moment I don't need the money, so I hold most of my coins

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Capradina

Activity: 756
Merit: 520

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 11:46:47 AM

When I sell it is usually 100% to 50%. but my weekly hold that. more technical analysis just for sure like this scenario. when prices and volumes are rising still holding. then you have to sell enough to profit.

That is a very big profit there: 50% - 100% in your trade and you noted that it is weekly. I guess you are trading with low price altcoins and waiting for sharks to pump it on any given day of the week?

A profit and loss is indeed basically we can specify, because everything comes from the results of the research we do. If indeed when we do research things that meant right then it will benefit and so does the opposite. Because trading is derived from a very critical thinking, if we cannot think well it's certainly a defeat that will be obtained. In addition to research, we must also be able to control yourself because it is also very important to hold us in doing something that is sometimes not appropriate.
SleepMachine

Activity: 118
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 05, 2017, 01:17:08 PM

my strategy is just take 10% profit. just with a pump on top 10 coin then buy and sell.

cluit
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1016

View Profile
September 06, 2017, 08:20:59 AM

The same whales doing the same pump and dump. Rinse and repeat. Shaking out the weak!! Stay strong, go long. You will be fine.
the damage has been made and weak holders are under pressure thinking that the crash will be that long, I guess normal process with any crypto
so better to understand how this pro traders works and how to take advantage from it.
i do not think that we need to take any pressure, no need for panic selling because bitcoin is just taking a correction and very soon the price is going to start increasing again, therefore in such situation it will be more profitable if you will hold your bitcoin for some more time because still there are too much expectation that the price of bitcoin will reach to 7000$.
I will indeed do the same with my bitcoins rather I am already practicing this thing. I am not going to take my bitcoins out of my wallet until they reach my target value or else there is some urgent need of some large capital. Bitcoins have a very dazzling future and I don’t want to miss any chance of getting rich with bitcoins.
gabmen

Activity: 1246
Merit: 529

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 03:00:25 PM

I will indeed do the same with my bitcoins rather I am already practicing this thing. I am not going to take my bitcoins out of my wallet until they reach my target value or else there is some urgent need of some large capital. Bitcoins have a very dazzling future and I don’t want to miss any chance of getting rich with bitcoins.

Right. Me too. And my target value probably won't be reached until after a few years. I tend to also sell a couple of btcs or two during emergency purposes or if it's really necessary and i have no choice. But no regrets for that.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
Report to moderator 

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..███████████████████████████████
fullypak
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1005

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 06:04:38 PM

Right. Me too. And my target value probably won't be reached until after a few years. I tend to also sell a couple of btcs or two during emergency purposes or if it's really necessary and i have no choice. But no regrets for that.

Everyone dream is to become rich with this Bitcoin. it is possible if we do hard work now and collect bitcoins. yes this is the time to earn bitcoins and save it in our wallet. Definatly good time will come for us, and that time we can sell it and become rich. This is the only easiest way to become rich in short time.
nightrider

Activity: 348
Merit: 252

View Profile
September 07, 2017, 08:02:45 PM

Time is not what we need to talk about, time is just a process to show us the result. It is important that our patience is enough to do it.

MOCKTAIL  -  THE  FIRST  SEMI-FUNGIBLE  TOKEN  ON  BSE 
        WEBSITE        WHITEPAPER        SMART CONTRACT        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        TELEGRAM        ANN

GoodLuck2

Activity: 630
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:40:10 PM

Everyone dream is to become rich with this Bitcoin. it is possible if we do hard work now and collect bitcoins. yes this is the time to earn bitcoins and save it in our wallet. Definatly good time will come for us, and that time we can sell it and become rich. This is the only easiest way to become rich in short time.
Yes! This is the right time to hold bitcoin when bitcoin are at decent price. No need to mess up with bitcoin right now. Bitcoin are going to rock the world in the coming years and we are lucky that we know about bitcoin right now. Many people who even know about bitcoin right now are ignoring the like idiots.
xoof

Activity: 127
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 08, 2017, 08:49:55 PM

The optimal strategy might actually be to never sell, and just use a card like TenX to use the minimum, whenever needed.
RamBahadur.Gurung

Activity: 457
Merit: 262

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 03:14:06 AM

I sell my coins (i.e converting to fiat) whenever there is a need for cash. And most of the times I don't care about the exchange rates as I desperately need cash. And even previously, I have sold my coins at extremely low rates.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 [30] 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: