Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:56:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52062 times)
Emmanueltd

Activity: 38
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 04:44:12 AM

I think 5% profit and miss the rest of the 95% increase is better and with the wait to get a 100% profit and risk not getting any because the price has fallen.
I prefer to order more than 3% - 5% depending on the price of that currency
BTCmax24

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 05:51:48 AM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?

We didnt know what is the max price pump so that we need to set a limit for us to gain, like for example I set 10% gain only for my invesment before I sell.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:00:49 PM

I think 5% profit and miss the rest of the 95% increase is better and with the wait to get a 100% profit and risk not getting any because the price has fallen.

3% increase is really not hard to get with traiding. In fact, you can easily gain 3% in few minutes to an hour depending on where you made your open buy. With this low amount of target gain, you get confident along the way with your trading journey compared to targetting like high percentage and take you several weeks to month to earn and sometimes emotions got you and sell at wrong time and wrng price.
Savemore

Activity: 952
Merit: 274

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 12:33:49 PM

I selling my coins if the price of its becomes high. I always holding my coins and waiting the right time to sell it. I can say that we all need to do to earn big amount of money is to have a lot of patience.
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 09:25:43 PM

I selling my coins if the price of its becomes high. I always holding my coins and waiting the right time to sell it. I can say that we all need to do to earn big amount of money is to have a lot of patience.
i sold out some of my bitcoins when the price of bitcoin was trading in 2700$ and now i am not happy with my this decision, but good luck that still i have some bitcoin which i am holding for a long time and not going to sell it, in fact i am too much confident about bitcoin price that it will continue increasing for a long time and may be after few months its price will reach to 8000$.
miguelmorales85

Activity: 544
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 10:33:51 PM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

There is a world called trading, you have to learn to read the japanese candles. Lookg for it at google,

if you know spanish search for DrBitcoinVe in youtube
CryptoAlarm

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 09, 2017, 11:03:03 PM

It`s better to watch on trend, you always can sell it on top and rebuy in dump, and again and again. But nobody sell NEM, this coin is only for buying :3
Skarner21

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Massive price drop coming...

View Profile WWW
September 09, 2017, 11:20:04 PM

i sold out some of my bitcoins when the price of bitcoin was trading in 2700$ and now i am not happy with my this decision, but good luck that still i have some bitcoin which i am holding for a long time and not going to sell it, in fact i am too much confident about bitcoin price that it will continue increasing for a long time and may be after few months its price will reach to 8000$.
For now bitcoin is having some Fake news or crisis what is the truth behind bitcoin exchange in china. but as i can seen the new is real but why other are affect its just in china country if they are living in that country its not a problem because there are still exchanges that you can exchange their bitcoin here in other country exchange it in usd and use western union is one of the way to withdraw their bitcoin into money there are many ways..
So for now we are just having crisis better to wait for a trends and maybe tomorrow we will see what will be the price of bitcoin and buy more bitcoins if still not moving high or low.

Make crypto as your bank.
8Habits

Activity: 756
Merit: 294

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:22:51 AM

For now bitcoin is having some Fake news or crisis what is the truth behind bitcoin exchange in china. but as i can seen the new is real but why other are affect its just in china country if they are living in that country its not a problem because there are still exchanges that you can exchange their bitcoin here in other country exchange it in usd and use western union is one of the way to withdraw their bitcoin into money there are many ways..
So for now we are just having crisis better to wait for a trends and maybe tomorrow we will see what will be the price of bitcoin and buy more bitcoins if still not moving high or low.

Yes, I have read a bunch of fake news about bitcoin as related to the latest China pronouncement Smiley They never said clearly that bitcoin is not affected with the pronouncement of China because they are really just focusing on the ICO and not bitcoin Smiley I am now planning to buy more bitcoins when it goes a little more down - because people are getting scared and it is the best time to buy more Smiley
Manuj

Activity: 269
Merit: 102

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 10:50:36 AM

You can also use percentage here in crypto trading. Depending on your strategy, basis, and the particular coin you are investing on. There are coins whose price target is around 50%, so by the time it reaches 54% and then starts to go down, then perhaps that is enough to sell already. There are also coins that are good for holding some 2 months time so whether the line goes up or down in several percentages, there are no decisions made.
geniabelty

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 04:59:13 PM

Selling will depend on your strategy. A 50% ROI I think is reasonable. Pursuing a max ROI could result to a loss investment. Just be cautious in dealing since this industry is quite tricky. Also, beware of the fake news as this can contribute to your judgement. Its better to do a research than to rely on just baseless news. Also, be aware that fluctuations are normal and don't be scared in a simple pump.

davinchi
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 06:57:56 PM

The same whales doing the same pump and dump. Rinse and repeat. Shaking out the weak!! Stay strong, go long. You will be fine.
the damage has been made and weak holders are under pressure thinking that the crash will be that long, I guess normal process with any crypto
so better to understand how this pro traders works and how to take advantage from it.
i do not think that we need to take any pressure, no need for panic selling because bitcoin is just taking a correction and very soon the price is going to start increasing again, therefore in such situation it will be more profitable if you will hold your bitcoin for some more time because still there are too much expectation that the price of bitcoin will reach to 7000$.
I will indeed do the same with my bitcoins rather I am already practicing this thing. I am not going to take my bitcoins out of my wallet until they reach my target value or else there is some urgent need of some large capital. Bitcoins have a very dazzling future and I don’t want to miss any chance of getting rich with bitcoins.

Right. Me too. And my target value probably won't be reached until after a few years. I tend to also sell a couple of btcs or two during emergency purposes or if it's really necessary and i have no choice. But no regrets for that.

Everyone dream is to become rich with this Bitcoin. it is possible if we do hard work now and collect bitcoins. yes this is the time to earn bitcoins and save it in our wallet. Definatly good time will come for us, and that time we can sell it and become rich. This is the only easiest way to become rich in short time.
If your asset cannot get you out of troubles, then it is as good as nothing. So selling out bitcoins while it becomes the need of time is something that anyone will do under such circumstance. However, I also don't intend to sell out my bitcoins and I wish I won't be forced by time in near two years at least.
werum

Activity: 95

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:12:42 PM

When China regulates than I sell.
matthona

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcointalk.org

View Profile
September 10, 2017, 08:33:09 PM

I sell my bitcoins under only two circumstances either its giving me huge profits on my investments or if I am in urgent need of money and if not I prefer to hold it for a long term and even when I sell I don't sell all of them at  once and always hold some bitcoins for future as price can go much higher in future so saving them for future can be more profitable.

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█       ▄▄▄▄▄      █▌
  █▌       ▀▀███      ▐█
 ▐█        ▄█ ██       █▌
  █▌     ▄█▀          ▐█
  ▐█   ▄█▀            █▌
   ▀█▄█▀            ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
CRASH

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
     ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
   ▄█▀              ▀█▄
  ▐█    ██▄▄██▄▄██    █▌
  █▌    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▐█
 ▐█      ████████      █▌
  █▌     ████████     ▐█
  ▐█     ████████     █▌
   ▀█▄   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▄█▀
     ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
TOWER

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
       ▄██▀▀      ▀▀██▄
     ▄█▀     ▄██▄     ▀█▄
    ▐█       ▀██▀       █▌
    █▌   ▄▄  ▄██▄  ▄▄   ▐█
   ▐█   ██████████████   █▌
    █▌   ▀▀  ▀██▀  ▀▀   ▐█
    ▐█       ▄██▄       █▌
     ▀█▄     ▀██▀     ▄█▀
       ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
           ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DOUBLE
▀▀▀
███
▄▄▄

▄▌
                         ▄▀
     █▌    ▄▄▄         ▄██ █
    ██   ▀▄██████▄▄▄▄████ ▐█
    ▀██▄▄███████▌███████  █
    ▐████████████████████▄▄█▄
    ▀███████████████▀▀▀██████▄
     █ ██████████▀      ▀█████
    ▐▀  ▀███████  ▄█████████████████▄▄▄
    █▄██▄▄▀█▀█▀▄███████████████▄▀▀   ▄▀
   ████████▄▄▄████▀▀▀██████████▀   ▄▀
  ▄███▀▀██████▀██▄▄▄▄█▀▀▀████▀   ▄▀
 ▄████▄▄▄██▄▄▄       ▄▄   ▄███▀▀▀
▀▄▄ ▀▀█▌█████     ▄▀    ▄███▀
   ▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄▀▀▀▀▀▄███▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
streazight

Activity: 910
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 03:37:11 PM

We should indeed hold our coins until and unless they don’t reach your targeted price. Don’t sell bitcoins I mean not all of them even if they pump hard. Bitcoins are going to make new records in the near future and they are worth holding for long terms. I am not going to sell off my bitcoins at once.
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 06:55:13 PM

I sell my bitcoins under only two circumstances either its giving me huge profits on my investments or if I am in urgent need of money and if not I prefer to hold it for a long term and even when I sell I don't sell all of them at  once and always hold some bitcoins for future as price can go much higher in future so saving them for future can be more profitable.
in fact that can be the two reasons for which a person will sell bitcoin, i think people earn bitcoin for making their lives more comfortable, therefore if we feel the need to use bitcoin for some urgent piece of work then we need to use sell bitcoin and use the money for fulfilling our need, and secondly people hold bitcoin for the price increase so as to get good profint, and thereofre if a person feel that he is now getting good profit from bitcoin then he should sell their bitcoin.
Silvercell

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 11, 2017, 07:02:39 PM

i sell if it hit a double highest value in a row or in a week,if after dobel highest it ussualy get dump and lowered the price for long time

▒██████████████████████▄▄▄
    ▐███████████████████████████▓▄
                         ▀▀███████▓▄
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐███▄   ██████▌
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░  ▄▄  █████▌
    ▐██████████████████████▄▀██▄ █████▌
    ▓▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌    ▐█████
                        █████▌▐█▌ ▒████
                       ▓█████ ▐▀  █████
    ▐███████████████████████▀▄▄▄ ▐█████
    ▐█████████████████████▀ ▓██ ▐█████▌
    ▄                   ▄▄▄    ▓█████░
    ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀ ▐▀▀▀  ▄▄█████▀▀
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████▀
    ▐██████████████████████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
DRIFE

▄██████▄
             ▄██████████▄
             ████    ████
             ████▄▄▄▄████
              ██████████

▄   ▀██████▀
     ▄███▀       ▀██▀
    ▐████▄▄       ▐▌
      ▀█████████▄▄▄
         ▀████████████▄
           ██████████████
           ██████████████
         ▄██████████████
BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM
████  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●●  ████
       ▄█████▄▄
     █████▀█████
    ▐███▌   ▐███▌
    ▐████▄▄▄████▌
     ▀█████████▀
       ▀█████▀
         ███
       ▀███▄
                ▄█████
           ▄▄▄▄████████▀
      ▄▄████████████▀
     █████████████▌
    ▐█████████████▌
     ███████████████▄

▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
                 █████▀▀     ▀█████▄
                █████           █████
               █████             ████▌
        ▄███████████████████████████████████▄
      █████████████████████████████████████████
     ███████████████████████████████████████████
     █████████▀▀  ▀▀▀███████████▀▀  ▀▀▀█████████
      ██████▀   ▄▄▄   ▀███████▀   ▄▄▄   ▀██████
       ▀▀██▌  ▐█████   ███████  ▐█████   ███▀
               █████             █████
palensya

Activity: 87

View Profile
September 12, 2017, 08:37:08 AM

I do sell my investments when I reached my target percentage and if its negative i do hold and wait till it rise. Then when i sell it i do reinvest it to earn another profit again.

MFahad

Activity: 2464
Merit: 644

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2017, 04:07:18 PM

3% increase is really not hard to get with traiding. In fact, you can easily gain 3% in few minutes to an hour depending on where you made your open buy. With this low amount of target gain, you get confident along the way with your trading journey compared to targetting like high percentage and take you several weeks to month to earn and sometimes emotions got you and sell at wrong time and wrng price.

Very nice trick mate, getting what you earn and making and setting your profit limit is a very nice idea since we cannot say the great pump of the bitcoin so I admire this kind of setting, for investment so there is no regret with that. Getting small profit out of small trades also reduces the risk of high loss and it is really good for someone who is not so rich to invest high amount.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
sumangs

Activity: 644
Merit: 101

View Profile
September 13, 2017, 05:44:06 PM

I sell when the price is higher than the price when you buy a stock. I sell in small values to ensure an increasing small profit once the price goes higher and higher. Selling all-in could lose your opportunity to get higher profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 [31] 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: