Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 06:16:53 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  
Author Topic: When do YOU sell?  (Read 52066 times)
nmaryrai

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 15, 2017, 11:02:08 PM

When do you decide to sell?

Is it a sat, a % of profit, or even a randomly thought up number in your head?

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.
This seems much easier to hit that percentage, but much more risky.

How do you determine when to let it go?
I will sell it if the price is high, that's enough, because in my mind, if the price is high, then our profit can be bigger, so I`m very sad when Bitcoin is falling, but I am always optimistic, hope and pray , so that Bitcoin continues to crawl up to a higher level.
ToyotaFortuner

Activity: 574
Merit: 100

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 01:44:09 AM

I sell on a regular basis every time I get a profit from my buying and selling, if I do not get profit I will not sell bitcoin, I sell bitcoin if necessary.
thet

Activity: 322
Merit: 110

elysian.finance

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 02:22:12 AM

I think, the right time to sell is that when you finally see that you already get a profit. Much better when it reach to your expectations. But sometimes your profit doesn't go from your expected income.

Cosbycoin

Activity: 980
Merit: 506

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 07:12:28 AM

I think 5% profit and miss the rest of the 95% increase is better and with the wait to get a 100% profit and risk not getting any because the price has fallen.
I prefer to order more than 3% - 5% depending on the price of that currency

3% increase is really not hard to get with traiding. In fact, you can easily gain 3% in few minutes to an hour depending on where you made your open buy. With this low amount of target gain, you get confident along the way with your trading journey compared to targetting like high percentage and take you several weeks to month to earn and sometimes emotions got you and sell at wrong time and wrng price.

Very nice trick mate, getting what you earn and making and setting your profit limit is a very nice idea since we cannot say the great pump of the bitcoin so I admire this kind of setting, for investment so there is no regret with that. Getting small profit out of small trades also reduces the risk of high loss and it is really good for someone who is not so rich to invest high amount.

It’s great if you set targets every time and do selling with bitcoins when you have chased your target. In this way, there are less chances of going into losses otherwise greed may lead you to unrecoverable losses. I also stay patient with my bitcoins when they are not up to my expectations in regard of prices.
50ouncebrew

Activity: 459
Merit: 251

View Profile
September 16, 2017, 04:29:22 PM

I think, the right time to sell is that when you finally see that you already get a profit. Much better when it reach to your expectations. But sometimes your profit doesn't go from your expected income.

Sell when the price goes really high, usually after improvements in Bitcoin, and then buy when it crashes a little after, usually from some bad fake news from MSM.

▄▄▄ ▐████▄▄▄▄           
       ▄▄███▀▀ ▐██▀▀▀▀▀███▄▄       
     ▄██▀▀ ▄▄▄████  ██▄▄ ▀▀██▄     
   ▄██▀ ▄███▀▀▀      ▀▀███▄ ▀██▄   
  ██▌ ▄██▀  ▄▄███████▄▄  ▀██▄ ▀██ 
 ██▌ ▄██  ▄██████▌ ▀████▄  ██▄ ▐██
▐██ ▐██  ████▀ ██▌   ▀ ▀██ ██▌ ██▌
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌      ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
██▌ ██▌ ▐█▌    ██▌  █▄█ ▐█▌ ▐██ ▐██
▐██ ▐█▀  ██▄   ██▌  ███▄██  ██▌ ██▌
 ██▌  ▄▄  ▀██▄ ██▌  ████▀  ████▄   
  ███████▄  ▀▀███████▀▀  ▄▄▄ ▀███ 
   ▀▀ ▄ ▀███▄▄▄     ▄▄▄███▀ ▄███▀ 
     ▀██▄▄ ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀ ▄▄███▀   
       ▀▀████▄▄▄   ▄▄▄████▀▀       
           ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
  M A E S T R O         
REVOLUTIONIZING THE DIGITAL MUSIC WORLD

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

██
   ██    ██
   ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██ ██ ██

WHITEPAPER (KO)        WHITEPAPER (EN)     

TELEGRAM    FACEBOOK     TWITTER    ANN THREAD

MEDIUM   YOUTUBE   GITHUB   INSTAGRAM   KAKAOTALK
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 17, 2017, 01:00:25 PM

I sell on a regular basis every time I get a profit from my buying and selling, if I do not get profit I will not sell bitcoin, I sell bitcoin if necessary.
It is often said that most of the trader buy low, sell high which means that professional traders usually sell bitcoins when prices are on top and often buy more coins when their prices goes down in the market. Last few days proved to be a blessing for traders to buy as much coins as they can.

Radoyan1188

Activity: 518

View Profile
September 20, 2017, 11:03:51 AM

I am new to trading Crypto, but when I traded other stocks, I would aim for a certain percentage.

I don't see % profit. always I follow market order book first to last price and other exchanger. I don't want huge profit I like recent up and down price buy sell it.
jostorres

Activity: 2464
Merit: 585

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:17:25 AM

It is often said that most of the trader buy low, sell high which means that professional traders usually sell bitcoins when prices are on top and often buy more coins when their prices goes down in the market. Last few days proved to be a blessing for traders to buy as much coins as they can.

Yep! It is wise to buy bitcoins when they are available at cheap rates and sell them off when they have reached your target value. In my opinion, it is nice to set your own target to achieve with bitcoins. Following the crow with blank mind is going to put you in loss.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 10:41:41 AM

If I have invested money in altcoins then I never hold them too long and sell whenever its giving me at least some profits as it can be bought again when price dumps and bitcoin is an long term investment for me so I will not sell till it achieves my desired price and till that time I will keep them safe in my wallet.
yes i will also have the same strategy, and i will also never like to hold altcoin for a long time, but will surely sell it when its price start increase a little, but if i am trading altcoin then i will surely hold my bitcoin for a long time because i am sure that bitcoin investment is the best investment.
Sometimes i do hold altcoin for the long term ,
For example last year when i bought dogecoin for 20 satoshi only and have sold it all at 130 satoshi ,
Guess how much i have made money from it? Quite a lot right?
You have to be patient , and then you could sell anytime!
duyduc256

Activity: 700

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 04:38:04 PM

I usually sell when I gain 5-20% of the profits from the altcoin business. I think if I did not sell at the time then surely the altcoin would drop because the whale and the investor would sell very quickly.
beezunus

Activity: 420

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:14:36 PM

I usually sell when the price has gone up at least 2 x so it can get a lot profit and sell again when the price starts to fall again
SamsungBitcoin

Activity: 532
Merit: 280

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:22:04 PM

I usually sell when the price has gone up at least 2 x so it can get a lot profit and sell again when the price starts to fall again
If you hold bitcoin i think it takes long time to make the value doubled because the value is very high and actively fluctuating.
Me i already set the sell amount which my target amount to sell my hold bitcoin what ever happens until it wont reach that amount i could not sell it and just keep on waiting to hit that value.

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
1xBit.com  sports
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████▀▀       ▀▀████████
█████▀  ▄▄▄▀███▀▄▄▄  ▀█████
████  ▄█████▄ ▄█████▄  ████
███  █ █████▀ ▀█████ █  ███
██  ▄██ ▀▀▀▄███▄▀▀▀ ██▄  ██
██  █▀▄██ ███████ ██▄▀█  ██
██   █████ █████ █████   ██
███  █████▀▄▄▄▄▄▀█████  ███
████  ▀▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▀  ████
█████▄  ▀▀█ ███ █▀▀  ▄█████
████████▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
▀▀       ▀▀████████
 ▄▄  ▀  ▄▄   ▀█████
 ▀    ▀█████▄  ████
   ▀█▄   ▀▀██▄  ███
 █▄  ▀██▄▄  ▀█▄  ██
  ▀█▄  ▀███▄  ▀  ██
█  ▀██▄  ▀███▄   ██
██  ▀███▄  ▀█▀  ███
███  ▀████▄    ████
 ▀▀█▄  ▀▀▀   ▄█████
▄▄       ▄▄████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███▀▀         ▀▀███
▀   ▄▄██▄  ▀█▄  ▀██
 ▄████████▄  ▀█  ██
██████▄▀  ██▄    ██
████▄▀  ▄▀████▄  ██
██▄▀  ▄▀██████  ▄██
▄▀  ▄▀███████  ▄███
█▄▄▀███████▀  ▄████
▀████████▀  ▄██████
  ▀██▀▀   ▄████████
      ▄▄███████████
███████████████████
1mBTC
x 3 WINNERS
BET
MULTIPLIERS
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
carlerha

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 22, 2017, 11:47:11 PM

I usually sell when I gain 5-20% of the profits from the altcoin business. I think if I did not sell at the time then surely the altcoin would drop because the whale and the investor would sell very quickly.
yes that  is good but i personally not going to sell my bitcoin for in near future, i have to hold it for some years because bitcoin has a very bright future and hope that after some years bitcoin will give me a very very good profit that i think we even cannot imagin in present time.
ahtremblay

Activity: 252

Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:30:26 AM

yes that  is good but i personally not going to sell my bitcoin for in near future, i have to hold it for some years because bitcoin has a very bright future and hope that after some years bitcoin will give me a very very good profit that i think we even cannot imagin in present time.
for me just split 50% if it's a good coin. expample ETH is a good choice and if price go up I just sell 50% to get profit. 50% hold for long time

reda

Activity: 910
Merit: 260

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 06:12:25 AM

for me just split 50% if it's a good coin. expample ETH is a good choice and if price go up I just sell 50% to get profit. 50% hold for long time

When comparing with bitcoin they were not touch ground level cost also, i will say you can buy bitcoin and put it in to your hardware wallet or desktop wallet. Since there is little dump in the price value you can buy more bitcoins and that money will triple in some months.
raven7886
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:00:49 AM

You sell when you feel it is a good profit for you to make. However, you can look at the previous chart and make decisions from there. No one can tell you exactly where to sell except yourself, the news you have at your fingertip and the knowledge you have garnered from how the market has been fairing from the past. So, just sell as long as you know you have made some good profit and don't be greedy.
mallboat

Activity: 44
Merit: 10

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:21:01 AM

Just like you i have a percentage or target goal before i would sell my coins when it reach my target goal then time to sell and then re invest. So if the coin is at loss i just hold it.
poetra2501

Activity: 896
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 11:43:53 AM

If you hold bitcoin i think it takes long time to make the value doubled because the value is very high and actively fluctuating.
Me i already set the sell amount which my target amount to sell my hold bitcoin what ever happens until it wont reach that amount i could not sell it and just keep on waiting to hit that value.
That's the difference if we're trading Bitcoin and altcoin, if in Bitcoin trading we could only get little profit from price movements that are not fast, because there is no Pump in Bitcoin trading, but if trading Altcoin, if we had to sell it when price Pump then profits can be doubled up to 3x
Tungsten-1

Activity: 994
Merit: 256

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:15:44 PM

You sell when you feel it is a good profit for you to make. However, you can look at the previous chart and make decisions from there. No one can tell you exactly where to sell except yourself, the news you have at your fingertip and the knowledge you have garnered from how the market has been fairing from the past. So, just sell as long as you know you have made some good profit and don't be greedy.
Yes It is nice if you are doing trading with altcoins or bitcoin just we need to keep our mind that don't sell our coin if it can't give to us high profit. It is very good that you have certain target in your mind and you are always trying to chase it with your altcoins or bitcoin. I am sure this thing has not let greed rule you and your emotions too be well controlled because we need to have everything preplanned.
GreenStox

Activity: 1148
Merit: 252

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
September 23, 2017, 04:57:03 PM

the first I read the chart, then I specify the target price to be reached. But if it doesn't match the expectations, I usually prefer to sell directly because worried if prices falling too far.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 »
  Print  

Jump to: