Bitcoin Forum
June 24, 2024, 03:25:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner USB group buy- orders closed, pay for extra!  (Read 165569 times)
John (John K.)
Global Troll-buster and
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1227

Away on an extended break

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:29:42 AM

...who's the dongster?

Heh.  'John the Dong' before he wisely switched to a less juvenile form of self expression.  At least I am pretty sure that is the case.  Right John K.?  Smiley

Embarrassed That's the nick I had since a young age - didn't know where I picked that up though. I swear it had to do with bells.  Tongue

Is now the right time to ask John to call in a favor from Friedcat for all of his (our) valuable service?  Something like getting us to be the first order shipped?

How cool would that be?

If we get everything done (at this rate we're on the right track anyway), I'll drop a PM to friedcat to see what he makes of this. Hopefully we get double-fast shipment.  Grin
fpgaminer

Activity: 560
Merit: 517

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 06:31:26 AM

Interested in 10.

Thank you, and John, for your efforts in organizing this group buy.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 06:42:59 AM

...who's the dongster?

Heh.  'John the Dong' before he wisely switched to a less juvenile form of self expression.  At least I am pretty sure that is the case.  Right John K.?  Smiley

Embarrassed That's the nick I had since a young age - didn't know where I picked that up though. I swear it had to do with bells.  Tongue

I'm just harassing you in a light-hearted way.  I've always had a weakness for making fun of names.  My name is a bit unusual and people made fun of it chronically (as kids) so that is perhaps why.  I was warned sternly to drop the habit for my business trip to Japan Smiley

BTW, thanks for your tireless (and seemingly fair as best I can recall) janitorial work here on the forum.  It's a somewhat less severe train-wreck because of the efforts of you-all.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
torusJKL

Activity: 619
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:11:55 AM

Put me down for 1.

If you find my post useful send some Bitcoin: 167XM1Za8aG9CdbYuHFMpL2kvPsw6uC8da
Bitrated || bitcoin-otc || Moon Bitcoin Faucet
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 07:37:31 AM

updated the spreadsheet (why am i awake at 1:30 am?)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AjCZrDbAiz_PdE4tbDR3X3owMHNMb1NyekJGWHN4QlE&usp=sharing

243 reserved - 57 to go!

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
ninjaboon
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2013, 07:57:28 AM

Do you include free shipping to Malaysia ?

TiuraZ

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:05:28 AM

I don't want to pee on your cereals, but have you considered the possibility that someone doesn't pay their order in timely manner or at all? What do you do then? This of course isn't a problem if you gather interest for over 300 pieces, because then you can just drop out those who haven't paid, but if you end up on exectly or just a few over 300 then everybody must wait for the last payments and because time is of essence when purchasing mining gear you might end up with some very angry customers.

In my last group buy, once orders were open it was first come first serve.  This is just to gauge interest before beginning.

I understand that this is only a preliminary list of people who are interested. The product isn't even available yet. But, when the time comes to actually make the order and start collecting peoples coins, what if somebody just doesn't pay? If I have understud it correctly, Arklan doesn't have the ~600 BTC to make the purchase by himself, not even close. If somebody who has said that he/she would like to have for example 10 USB miners but doesn't send the money when it's time, the group is short for ~20 BTC. What is going to happen then? Are you going to wait until that somebody pays? And what if that somebody doesn't pay at all but disappears from the forum? Are you going to wait until somebody else takes those 10 miners? This could take days.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:09:58 AM

I don't want to pee on your cereals, but have you considered the possibility that someone doesn't pay their order in timely manner or at all? What do you do then? This of course isn't a problem if you gather interest for over 300 pieces, because then you can just drop out those who haven't paid, but if you end up on exectly or just a few over 300 then everybody must wait for the last payments and because time is of essence when purchasing mining gear you might end up with some very angry customers.

In my last group buy, once orders were open it was first come first serve.  This is just to gauge interest before beginning.

I understand that this is only a preliminary list of people who are interested. The product isn't even available yet. But, when the time comes to actually make the order and start collecting peoples coins, what if somebody just doesn't pay? If I have understud it correctly, Arklan doesn't have the ~600 BTC to make the purchase by himself, not even close. If somebody who has said that he/she would like to have for example 10 USB miners but doesn't send the money when it's time, the group is short for ~20 BTC. What is going to happen then? Are you going to wait until that somebody pays? And what if that somebody doesn't pay at all but disappears from the forum? Are you going to wait until somebody else takes those 10 miners? This could take days.

unless someone else has a better idea, then, in short, yea. we'd be screwed.

arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:19:07 AM

Do you include free shipping to Malaysia ?

uh... while friedcat ships the whole 300 batch for free, i cannot afford to do so, even within my own country. hence the .05 btc shipping cost. as you can see from the spreadsheet, there are people in china and new zealand on the list, as well as one in london. i'll add you to the list if you REALLY want, but chances are shipping wouldn't be in your favor, and certainly not free.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:21:52 AM

I'd suggest just taking extra orders to be filled in place of people who Welch or get hit by a bus.  The slope of the order curve indicates to me that there will not be much trouble obtaining enough overage to cover likely wash-outs (absent a giant leap in BTC valuations.)  Also, I thought that ~friedcat simply specified a minimum.  So if more than 300 units are ordered and payed up they could all possibly recieve joy.

I think that the most important thing is to get to the 300 before those damned foreigners so our order goes first.  But since everyone loves Americans it could be that we get the priority we deserve just as Jesus intended even if we don't cross the finish line first.  (I should check how the German effort is going before blabbing I suppose...)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:23:19 AM

I'd suggest just taking extra orders to be filled in place of people who Welch or get hit by a bus.  The slope of the order curve indicates to me that there will not be much trouble obtaining enough overage to cover likely wash-outs (absent a giant leap in BTC valuations.)  Also, I thought that ~friedcat simply specified a minimum.  So if more than 300 units are ordered and payed up they could all possibly recieve joy.

I think that the most important thing is to get to the 300 before those damned foreigners so our order goes first.  But since everyone loves Americans it could be that we get the priority we deserve just as Jesus intended even if we don't cross the finish line first.  (I should check how the German effort is going before blabbing I suppose...)

well yea, i'll gladly take MORE then 300 orders!

as to the other bit: BHAHAHAH!

TiuraZ

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:38:24 AM

I'm sure too now that you gather more than 300 hundred orders, that clears this whole problem away. I was just pointing this out so that you could consider early on what to do if you end up just little over 300. BTW, that European group order (in which I am part of with my humble 1 or 2 units) is now at minimum 386 USBees.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:41:48 AM

I'm sure too now that you gather more than 300 hundred orders, that clears this whole problem away. I was just pointing this out so that you could consider early on what to do if you end up just little over 300. BTW, that European group order (in which I am part of with my humble 1 or 2 units) is now at minimum 386 USBees.

well screw them! (joking! well done guys.)

TiuraZ

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 08:48:25 AM

I think that I'm following all the group buy threads and it seems that yours and the German one are only ones who are even close to 300. If I remember correctly, the Sapphire batch was going to be 10,000 units so there is plenty for both of us  Smiley Cool
dropt
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:14:45 AM

I'm in for 10.

wohoo! thanks dropt. that brings to the total to 233, leaving us 63 shy of 300!

Glad to help, now lets hope people pay up.
muyuu
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 980
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:37:16 AM

Heh I'm in Europe (not really, I'm in the UK) and I would get my order earlier with them but I'm sticking here.

BTW hopefully Bitfountain will realise how hard is going to be selling 10K units at this price and cut it a bit.

GPG ID: 7294199D - OTC ID: muyuu (470F97EB7294199D)
forum tea fund BTC 1Epv7KHbNjYzqYVhTCgXWYhGSkv7BuKGEU DOGE DF1eTJ2vsxjHpmmbKu9jpqsrg5uyQLWksM CAP F1MzvmmHwP2UhFq82NQT7qDU9NQ8oQbtkQ
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 09:40:49 AM

Heh I'm in Europe (not really, I'm in the UK) and I would get my order earlier with them but I'm sticking here.

BTW hopefully Bitfountain will realise how hard is going to be selling 10K units at this price and cut it a bit.

we can hope! the lowering price, i mean. i bet anything ya like that if the price were even 1.5 btc, the number of sales would skyrocket.

DeveloperFish

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:16:14 AM

I've already committed to 5. If we end up short (on payment) I will commit to an additional 5 (possibly more). There may be others willing to do so as well.

It would just take me about a week to get the coinage (initial funding via dwolla, etc.)

Note: this is *not* a request to up my current order Wink
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 10:28:29 AM

I've already committed to 5. If we end up short (on payment) I will commit to an additional 5 (possibly more). There may be others willing to do so as well.

It would just take me about a week to get the coinage (initial funding via dwolla, etc.)

Note: this is *not* a request to up my current order Wink

understood. hopefully won't be an issue. i wish i knew more people locally who were into bitcoin... could ask them to join in. oh well.

LazyOtto

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 02:13:25 PM

I am interested in how you will be gathering the shipping address when the time comes and privacy issues. (It is, of course, not acceptable that this information gets entered onto your Google Docs spreadsheet, for example.)

Here is a thought / suggestion.

Step 1) You send PM stating it is time to pay and with the address to send the BTC as well as an email address to receive the shipping information.

Step 2) Buyer sends you email stating that payment has been sent for <forum nick> to <BTC address> and including the shipping address.

Step 3) You reply to email acknowledging payment and that you see no problem with the shipping address which was provided via email.

NOTE 1: At least step 2 cannot be done via PM. Some folks might not be willing to submit Personally Identifiable Information (PII) via/to "bitcointalk.org".

NOTE 2: At the conclusion of this group buy you will have the identities of scores of nicks used on this forum in your possession. What is your commitment regarding stewardship of that information?

--
An apology if you've already addressed the issue and I overlooked it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: