Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 04:12:07 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 117 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ASICMiner USB group buy- orders closed, pay for extra!  (Read 165561 times)
arklan (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1778
Merit: 1008

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:15:45 PM

i'm not planning to have john submit the order until 7 days after the "accepting new orders" window closes, so more then 8 days remain. if there's an issue we can discuss it as that deadline approaches.

Why wait?  I'd rather get the order in ASAP and reserve our place in the shipping queue.  Just because you don't see pending orders in this forum doesn't mean that there aren't orders being placed.

well, as i've said, we're closing the accpeting of orders tomorrow/the next day. (check the timer in the OP) and after that it's just a matter of payment collecting. if we get it all before then, so be it. if not? then we give people the week to sort things out.

besides, if AM has 10,000 of those suckers, and have sold, what, 5 or 6 batches we know of to group buys on the forum, i think there's no real need to rush it.

i don't post much, but this space for rent.
HTML5 Gordon

Activity: 184
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:19:02 PM

Given Cash -> Btc time, I am not expecting to have enough coins in my wallet until early next week.

Will the order go in at 300, or will there be a firm order date?

Try Coinbase...

Even if he created a new Coinbase account it will still take a few days for him to verify his account (it seems the "instant" verification doesn't work with many banks).
oaxaca

Activity: 671
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:22:07 PM

besides, if AM has 10,000 of those suckers, and have sold, what, 5 or 6 batches we know of to group buys on the forum, i think there's no real need to rush it.

I'm fairly confident that everybody in this group wants these in their hands as soon as practical.  A weeks delay seems like an opportunity wasted.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:25:05 PM

I'm fairly confident that everybody in this group wants these in their hands as soon as practical.  A weeks delay seems like an opportunity wasted.

granted. time is everything, of course. but people need time to get funds in order. i mean, they didn't have any garuntee we'd get enough reservations. so it's not unreasonable to want to purchase coin specifically for this. and since i've already stated the plan when i announced the end of open orders, its what we'll do.

sucks, i know. sorry.

tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:29:36 PM

This was done with the Sign Message / Verify Message functionality built into bitcoin-qt:  http://imgur.com/a/nUmZ0

I've only ever used bitcoind (since compiling just the command line tool was a bit of a bitch on my trusted platform, not to mention the GUI stuff...)  Mostly I use it bitcoind to load a spending-money-only on-line wallet.  That was Instawallet until the appropriated the users funds including mine.  Now blockchain.info.  Does anyone know how to sign a messages with them?  I've never done it.  It seems like it should be possible from the 'import/export' menu (confusingly enough):

https://blockchain.info/wallet/features

but I don't see it there on my login.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
oaxaca

Activity: 671

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:31:44 PM

granted. time is everything, of course. but people need time to get funds in order. i mean, they didn't have any garuntee we'd get enough reservations. so it's not unreasonable to want to purchase coin specifically for this. and since i've already stated the plan when i announced the end of open orders, its what we'll do.

sucks, i know. sorry.

What about an "add to order"?  Something like this:

1 - As soon as the escrow account hits 597 BTC, John submits the order.
2 - We reserve our place in line.
3 - A week later, we send additional funds to AM adding units to the existing order.

As long as it hasn't shipped yet, nobody should have a problem with it.  

Everybody wins.  We get shipping earlier, stragglers get more time to pay, AM sells more units.

John, can you ask if this is OK?
tidus_13

Activity: 290
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:36:41 PM

If this has not been ordered could you put me down for 5?

added.

will u ship to europe? if so what is the end price with shipping.

yes i will, but the price is VERY hard to determine. there's a european group buy (i think it's still open) that would likely be better for you. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195037.0

however i have agreed with several people to ship to other countries (UK, new zealand, china) with the caveat they are willing to pay extra shipping once i know what it'll cost.

I will buy one if total price with shipping is <= 2.5BTC to Portugal Europe
auseeker

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:42:16 PM

This was done with the Sign Message / Verify Message functionality built into bitcoin-qt:  http://imgur.com/a/nUmZ0

I've only ever used bitcoind (since compiling just the command line tool was a bit of a bitch on my trusted platform, not to mention the GUI stuff...)  Mostly I use it bitcoind to load a spending-money-only on-line wallet.  That was Instawallet until the appropriated the users funds including mine.  Now blockchain.info.  Does anyone know how to sign a messages with them?  I've never done it.  It seems like it should be possible from the 'import/export' menu (confusingly enough):

How can I sign a Bitcoin message?

Please log in to your My Wallet account, navigate to the 'Receive Money' tab, and click the Action option. Then choose sign message
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 08:44:26 PM

added.

yes i will, but the price is VERY hard to determine. there's a european group buy (i think it's still open) that would likely be better for you. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=195037.0

however i have agreed with several people to ship to other countries (UK, new zealand, china) with the caveat they are willing to pay extra shipping once i know what it'll cost.

at the moment i don't have any way to guarantee the price is as you state, shipping being an unknown. but at the same time, i'd be shocked if it were higher, even to Portugal. i'll add you to the list.

logicbomb666

Activity: 260
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 08:51:14 PM

1 think 1 week is a little long for payment.  Personally, 72 hours is reasonable.  Just my 2 cents.

I think snare rolls should be used as a currency.
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:04:08 PM

.. Now blockchain.info.  Does anyone know how to sign a messages with them?  I've never done it.  It seems like it should be possible from the 'import/export' menu (confusingly enough):

Please log in to your My Wallet account, navigate to the 'Receive Money' tab, and click the Action option. Then choose sign message

WTF is it doing there?  I guess it's no more or less confusing that having it in the 'import/export' area as documented on the thing I found.  At least it has the feature though this is cool.

It does not seem like blockchain.info really armors the signed text.  Might be good to sign a more terse message rather than an extensive one when using blockchain.info.  I did both as I was fooling around and communicating with ~arklan about this.

Thanks!

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

.. Now blockchain.info.  Does anyone know how to sign a messages with them?  I've never done it.  It seems like it should be possible from the 'import/export' menu (confusingly enough):

WTF is it doing there?  I guess it's no more or less confusing that having it in the 'import/export' area as documented on the thing I found.  At least it has the feature though this is cool.

It does not seem like blockchain.info really armors the signed text.  Might be good to sign a more terse message rather than an extensive one when using blockchain.info.  I did both as I was fooling around and communicating with ~arklan about this.

Thanks!

and it all came out fine. Cheesy

Klestin

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:25:01 PM

If we end up with a few holdup payments after a few days:

In order to speed this along, you could allow temporary cover orders.  So, if we end up waiting for a few stragglers to pay, you announce that x units are unpaid.  You accept payment from a different user and temporarily assign that order to them.  The group buy can then proceed without delay.

If the original user pays by your deadline, you refund the temporary order.  If not, the units are shipped to the user who paid.

I realize that this may complicate things more than you want, but it does allow you to wait for stragglers without holding up the order - potentially worth the hassle.  
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:26:39 PM

I got to the point where I figured out how to input a message, but what serves as the signature?  My forum name, a set of numbers? What should I input on the message? Forgive me, but I have never sent a signed message using this feature.

The secret key associated with the address from which you made your payment is what serves as the signature.  If you signed text consisting of information which only you knew, using the secret key from the same address that is pretty strong confirmation that you are the person who sent the funds.  Nobody else should have access to that secret key.

Note that both the public address and the transaction ID from when you sent your 2.1013 BTC or whatever are public.  Someone could have noticed them and sent a quick not to ~arklan claiming the transaction was theirs.

Klestin

Activity: 493

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:32:52 PM

I got to the point where I figured out how to input a message, but what serves as the signature?  My forum name, a set of numbers? What should I input on the message? Forgive me, but I have never sent a signed message using this feature.

In your Bitcoin client, double-click the payment transaction, and copy the transaction ID.  Visit http://blockexplorer.com/tx/[your transaction ID].  On that page, copy the top "From address".  Enter that in the top field under File->Sign Message.

The program will verify that you own the private key to that address, and generate a signature for the message you typed in, which should include your shipping address.
josiasrdz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:33:54 PM

added.

at the moment i don't have any way to guarantee the price is as you state, shipping being an unknown. but at the same time, i'd be shocked if it were higher, even to Portugal. i'll add you to the list.
Sending a priority mail small flat rate box to portugal cost $23.95.
Are planning on using parcel post or priority mail?, if you are going to use priority mail you should order some free small and medium flat rate boxes:
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail&categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3AsubcatMSS_PriorityMail
And custom forms for international shipping:
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_International&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_FORM_2976&categoryId=subcatMSS_International
And the free envelopes for the forms:
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_International&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_FORM_2976_E&categoryId=subcatMSS_International

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
arklan (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 09:37:58 PM

added.

Sending a priority mail small flat rate box to portugal cost $23.95.
Are planning on using parcel post or priority mail?, if you are going to use priority mail you should order some free small and medium flat rate boxes:
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/subcategory.jsp?categoryId=subcatMSS_PriorityMail&categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3AsubcatMSS_PriorityMail
And custom forms for international shipping:
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_International&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_FORM_2976&categoryId=subcatMSS_International
And the free envelopes for the forms:
https://store.usps.com/store/browse/productDetailSingleSku.jsp?categoryNavIds=catGetMailingShippingSupplies%3asubcatMSS_International&categoryNav=false&navAction=push&navCount=0&productId=P_FORM_2976_E&categoryId=subcatMSS_International

well, that's useful. Cheesy given the size of the smallest flatrate box, i wasn't planning to use them. even for twenty units, it's excessive space. i'll make a custom box with some foam for padding.

thanks for these links, though! useful.

ThePanCakeKid95

Activity: 418
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:03:21 PM

can we still order?
josiasrdz

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:05:58 PM

can we still order?
yes
Timer removed. End time: 2013-05-10+04:18:59

17yN2CQsYGBd3jEcNcWQDua4sViVP7YmC1
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 10:09:18 PM

can we still order?

The organizer of this effort seems pretty good about keeping the first post up-to-date.  It says 'yes' and has other valuable information in one easy to find place which is appreciated.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 117 »
  Print  

Jump to: