Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 06:05:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 176 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][YAC] yacoin: yet another altcoin. START is now.  (Read 346636 times)
Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:24:05 PM

yeah my isp is crap, it does not allow me access to the router and upnp does not seems to work (litecoin client also has 8 and upnp is enabled).
For upnp supported routers there is the upnp port mapper written in java.

And for me, well while upnp does not seem to be working, NAT-PMP works, so what i did is set utorrent to use 7688 port, so it will map the 7688 port to my pc, it works but utorrent reset the setting every now and them as it keep tryiong to use a port that is already in use, so im looking other way of keeping the port mapped.

https://github.com/pocopoco/yacoin/blob/master/src/net.cpp

Change

static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 8;

to

static const int MAX_OUTBOUND_CONNECTIONS = 1000;

and recompile.

YJoLsK17Z78C5dndqhh5os1mKnXcnUR2qM

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Peleus

Activity: 112
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:25:35 PM

So people understand why it's a lot harder, about 14 hours ago the difficulty was 0.00028532, now it's 0.03302380 - 115 times harder.

It should ramp up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster. I invested in YAC but it is not like I'm proud of it. As soon as price goes up, I'll sell all and move to some fair coin. I just
wish to see new altcoin where everything works well from the start, including starting difficulty. Maybe a pool or few as well, or even some actual use for the coin before it even
is launched. That would mark it serious altcoin.

As I understand it, it adjusts difficulty on a per block basis according to the network hashrate, what further difficulty adjustment would you suggest?

If it's low difficulty it's only because no one is mining it, if it's high difficulty it's because a lot of people are mining it. Completely working as intended as far as I know....

Do you understand that it should be 1 block per minute? Since YAC started it is like 1 block per few seconds, just sometimes it takes more for one to be found. That means
difficulty multiplier is not properly set, it does not react fast enough on hashrate being added or removed from YAC network. Ideally, difficulty should rump up fast enough to
have periods inbetween blocks similar to 3 seconds - 15 seconds - 30 secods - 60 seconds.

Yep I'm with you it should be 1 block per minute. I'm saying that as I understand it, the difficulty is adjusted per block. If that is true - how do you expect difficulty to ever adjust faster? There will always be variance in between blocks as hashrates are added / removed from the network. Not saying you're necessarily wrong, just thinking out loud.

Variance is almost irrelevant if altcoin uses mechanic as TRC is using, where difficulty is halved if block is not found after some amount of time. In case of YAC, that would be like
2 minutes. So, if difficulty goes like 3 - 15 - 30 - 60 seconds and than block is not found for 2 minutes, difficulty would drop to 30. 2 more minutes without block and difficulty drops
to 15 etc. With such adjusting it really makes no difference how much hashrate you add or remove, those miners who would stay would not have to wait too long to find a block.
and those with massive hashrate would not profit much from jumping on and off the chain.

Hmm I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. That method is fine for adjusting for sudden changes in hashrate that TRC was suffering, but that was caused by ASICs jumping on / off and leaving it stranded at high difficulties. The difficulty wouldn't adjust quickly because it couldn't get to a block to readjust. That isn't a problem with this coin, as the hash rate is fairly consistent (increasing). It also has the effect of difficulty moving around like a spastic child on red cordial, which I'm happy to avoid if we can. In this situation the difficulty adjustment mechanism is fine how it is.

You seem to be under the impression (or I'm misinterpreting) that the reason people are not getting blocks is because the difficulty is to high, like it's been pumped up and left stranded while people left. It's not the case, it's simply the fact that solo mining is hard, especially when people are used to pools, and they aren't used to hours without a block. If someone was mining litecoin in the same manner they wouldn't on average find a block for 116 days - but there is nothing wrong with the difficulty adjustment.
Kruncha

Activity: 644
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:25:47 PM

yeah my isp is crap, it does not allow me access to the router and upnp does not seems to work (litecoin client also has 8 and upnp is enabled).

And for me, well while upnp does not seem to be working, NAT-PMP works, so what i did is set utorrent to use 7688 port, so it will map the 7688 port to my pc, it works but utorrent reset the setting every now and them as it keep tryiong to use a port that is already in use, so im looking other way of keeping the port mapped.

Change

to

and recompile.

That's not gonna get you any inbound connections, and they count for more.

K.
LOG123

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:28:01 PM

Everyone's complaining
and I'm just sitting here
mining blocks

No one cares. You are shit who attempted to rip off pocopoco code and launch half-finished YAC or even total clone of NVC yesterday, aren't you? Just STFU finaly.

I clearly stated that It IS his code
And it wasn't a clone of NVC, it was a very nearly finished version of YAC.

Also, what the f Huh is a Bitcoin Megastore doing in an altcoin thread
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:35:54 PM

To help derrail the argument.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
LOG123

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:36:08 PM

So people understand why it's a lot harder, about 14 hours ago the difficulty was 0.00028532, now it's 0.03302380 - 115 times harder.

It should ramp up waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay faster. I invested in YAC but it is not like I'm proud of it. As soon as price goes up, I'll sell all and move to some fair coin. I just
wish to see new altcoin where everything works well from the start, including starting difficulty. Maybe a pool or few as well, or even some actual use for the coin before it even
is launched. That would mark it serious altcoin.

As I understand it, it adjusts difficulty on a per block basis according to the network hashrate, what further difficulty adjustment would you suggest?

If it's low difficulty it's only because no one is mining it, if it's high difficulty it's because a lot of people are mining it. Completely working as intended as far as I know....

Do you understand that it should be 1 block per minute? Since YAC started it is like 1 block per few seconds, just sometimes it takes more for one to be found. That means
difficulty multiplier is not properly set, it does not react fast enough on hashrate being added or removed from YAC network. Ideally, difficulty should rump up fast enough to
have periods inbetween blocks similar to 3 seconds - 15 seconds - 30 secods - 60 seconds.

Yep I'm with you it should be 1 block per minute. I'm saying that as I understand it, the difficulty is adjusted per block. If that is true - how do you expect difficulty to ever adjust faster? There will always be variance in between blocks as hashrates are added / removed from the network. Not saying you're necessarily wrong, just thinking out loud.

Variance is almost irrelevant if altcoin uses mechanic as TRC is using, where difficulty is halved if block is not found after some amount of time. In case of YAC, that would be like
2 minutes. So, if difficulty goes like 3 - 15 - 30 - 60 seconds and than block is not found for 2 minutes, difficulty would drop to 30. 2 more minutes without block and difficulty drops
to 15 etc. With such adjusting it really makes no difference how much hashrate you add or remove, those miners who would stay would not have to wait too long to find a block.
and those with massive hashrate would not profit much from jumping on and off the chain.

Hmm I think we'll just have to agree to disagree. That method is fine for adjusting for sudden changes in hashrate that TRC was suffering, but that was caused by ASICs jumping on / off and leaving it stranded at high difficulties. The difficulty wouldn't adjust quickly because it couldn't get to a block to readjust. That isn't a problem with this coin, as the hash rate is fairly consistent (increasing). It also has the effect of difficulty moving around like a spastic child on red cordial, which I'm happy to avoid if we can. In this situation the difficulty adjustment mechanism is fine how it is.

You seem to be under the impression (or I'm misinterpreting) that the reason people are not getting blocks is because the difficulty is to high, like it's been pumped up and left stranded while people left. It's not the case, it's simply the fact that solo mining is hard, especially when people are used to pools, and they aren't used to hours without a block. If someone was mining litecoin in the same manner they wouldn't on average find a block for 116 days - but there is nothing wrong with the difficulty adjustment.

No, you just don't get it. It makes no difference what is starting difficulty, if altcoin is supposed to confirm transactions in 60 seconds on average than it should adjust to 60
seconds as fast as possible. YAC difficulty adjustment is wrong. It is terribly slow. Developer did the same mistake as we saw with like 5 other altcoins launched lately, and that
is because he is either noob or intentionaly made it so he and other early miners get insane high rewards in short period of time.

You are attempting to justify the scam here, my friend.

Still doesn't change the fact that you're a Bitcoin Megastore in Altcoin territory.
bitdwarf

Activity: 406

The cryptocoin watcher

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:39:01 PM

YAC difficulty adjustment is wrong. It is terribly slow.

A 300x difficulty change in 16 hours so far.

𝖄𝖆𝖈: YF3feU4PNLHrjwa1zV63BcCdWVk5z6DAh5 · 𝕭𝖙𝖈: 12F78M4oaNmyGE5C25ZixarG2Nk6UBEqme
Ɏ: "the altcoin for the everyman, where the sweat on one's brow can be used to cool one's overheating CPU" -- theprofileth
Peleus

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:40:27 PM

No, you just don't get it. It makes no difference what is starting difficulty, if altcoin is supposed to confirm transactions in 60 seconds on average than it should adjust to 60
seconds as fast as possible. YAC difficulty adjustment is wrong. It is terribly slow. Developer did the same mistake as we saw with like 5 other altcoins launched lately, and that
is because he is either noob or intentionaly made it so he and other early miners get insane high rewards in short period of time.

That's cool, I'm asking why it's slow.

You replied by giving examples of TRC, where if a block isn't found the difficulty readjusts midblock to lower it so a block can be found more easily. In other words if the target was 60 seconds, it had been 90 seconds since the last block the difficulty would decrease without a block find being required.

I'm asking how you would solve the difficulty increasing more rapidly if it's being solved to fast. I.e. Target is 60 seconds, a block is found in 30 seconds, and the difficulty readjusts to aim for the next block being 60 seconds (difficulty * 2), which I believe is the current system. What are you saying should change?

Joe_Bauers

Activity: 802
Merit: 1003

GCVMMWH

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:45:31 PM

Change

to

and recompile.

That's not gonna get you any inbound connections, and they count for more.

K.

I'm not disagreeing as I haven't analyzed all of the code, but it sure seems my Orphan block count went way down after the recompile.
LOG123

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:48:14 PM

You replied by giving examples of TRC, where if a block isn't found the difficulty readjusts midblock to lower it so a block can be found more easily. In other words if the target was 60 seconds, it had been 90 seconds since the last block the difficulty would decrease without a block find being required.

I'm asking how you would solve the difficulty increasing more rapidly if it's being solved to fast. I.e. Target is 60 seconds, a block is found in 30 seconds, and the difficulty readjusts to aim for the next block being 60 seconds (difficulty * 2), which I believe is the current system. What are you saying should change?

Maximum difficulty multiplier should go up, a lot.

Give it time, Mister Bitcoin Megastore in Altcoin Forums
Peleus

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:49:37 PM

Why because someone interested in bitcoin's can't be interested in alt coins? Shut the fuck up, you keep going on like you're saying something clever when you're just making yourself look like an idiot.
fenican

Activity: 1393
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:51:14 PM

How many YAC are in the developer's hands right now?  1.79 million?

And how many of those "selling YAC for ..." are real transactions?  If not, who is the imbecile paying BTC for some deeply flawed brand new coin?  I suppose a fool and his money are easily parted but this is borderline ridiculous.  Might as well just cut a check to the developer and his friends and dispense with the charade of transferring YAC
LOG123

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:52:07 PM

Why because someone interested in bitcoin's can't be interested in alt coins? Shut the fuck up, you keep going on like you're saying something clever when you're just making yourself look like an idiot.

I'm sorry, I genuinely have nothing better to do right now other than point out how the Bitcoin Megastore was late to mining, and is going to do everything possible to try to make YACoin seem like a failure.

Or someshit like that
Maybe
Maybe not
I'm too fscking bored to care
Peleus

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:53:37 PM

And how many of those "selling YAC for ..." are real transactions?  If not, who is the imbecile paying BTC for some deeply flawed brand new coin?  I suppose a fool and his money are easily parted but this is borderline ridiculous.  Might as well just cut a check to the developer and his friends and dispense with the charade of transferring YAC

I've seen no evidence there is an abnormally large amount of YAC in the developers hands. Also no reason to think the for sale threads aren't genuine. A lot of people want to get in on it because if history repeats itself there is a good chance of these coins becoming highly valuable in the future.
LOG123

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:54:32 PM

I've seen no evidence there is an abnormally large amount of YAC in the developers hands. Also no reason to think the for sale threads aren't genuine. A lot of people want to get in on it because if history repeats itself there is a good chance of these coins becoming highly valuable in the future.

Right.
And unlike the other scamcoins, this actually has changes to the algo to make it truly different
Hydroponica

Activity: 182

fml

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:56:34 PM

I sure hope so. I'm holding my coins. I wanna see the guys who were selling them off for pennies, go oops.
even if they debut on an exchange for 0.003, that's a lot of money lost

Hmoobyaj87

Activity: 24
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:57:10 PM

Why bash on every new coins coming... all I got to say is BUDLIGHT......  Tongue

Not the ones you can drink, but the ones you give to haters
seleme
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 1028

Duelbits.com

View Profile WWW
May 08, 2013, 11:57:14 PM

As MarkM would say - it's being premined in front of our eyes.

No chance such hyper production is made without pocosomething being involved with it. Custom miners or botnets were prepared and started mining the second it's announced. And blocks couldn't be found each 60 seconds as that wouldn't bring enough coins so they were found each 3 seconds and.

I'd give him that it was very, very smart operation. Much better than other coins so far.

███████████████▄▄
    ██████████████████████▄
  ██████████████████████████▄
 ███████   ▀████████▀   ████▄
██████████    █▀  ▀    ██████▄
███████████▄▄▀  ██  ▀▄▄████████
███████████          █████████
███████████▀▀▄  ██  ▄▀▀████████
██████████▀   ▀▄  ▄▀   ▀██████▀
 ███████  ▄██▄████▄█▄  █████▀
  ██████████████████████████▀
    ██████████████████████▀
       ███████████████▀▀
.Duelbits.
..THE MOST REWARDING CASINO......
   ▄▄▄▄████▀███▄▄▄▄▄
▄███▄▀▄██▄   ▄██▄▀▄███▄
████▄█▄███▄█▄███▄█▄████
███████████████████████   ▄██▄
██     ██     ██     ██   ▀██▀
██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██ ▀▀█ ██    ██
██  █  ██  █  ██  █  ██
█▌  ██
██     ██     ██     ████  ██
█████████████████████████  ██
████████████████████████████▀
█████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
████████████████████████▌
       +4,000      
PROVABLY FAIR
GAMES
   $500,000  
MONTHLY
PRIZE POOL
      $10,000     
BLACKJACK
GIVEAWAY
LOG123

View Profile
May 08, 2013, 11:57:53 PM

I sure hope so. I'm holding my coins. I wanna see the guys who were selling them off for pennies, go oops.
even if they debut on an exchange for 0.003, that's a lot of money lost

♫Hoooooold♫
♫For the longest time♫
fenican

Activity: 1393
Merit: 505

View Profile
May 09, 2013, 12:00:54 AM

Amazes me that 1.8 million of these were mined in like 14 seconds (slight exaggeration but not much).  Despite that, people are CUTTING IN LINE to hand those early miners, likely bot nets, their hard earned BTC.

WHY ?!?  The crypto mania has reached a crescendo with this coin.  FTC and CHN were sketchy but this takes the cake.  CPU only.  WAT ?!
Pages: « 1 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 [117] 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 ... 176 »
  Print  

Jump to: