Bitcoin Forum
May 17, 2024, 12:50:36 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 120 »
  Print  
Author Topic: (Closed) Butter Bot!: Premier Bitstamp, and BTC-E EMA Trading Platform (Closed)  (Read 274743 times)
Pangia

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 02:49:04 AM

Arbitrage opportunities are often fleeting, as the exchanges are reacting faster and faster to imbalances.  This leads me to believe that there are arbitrage bots working out there, they are just not being shared with us.

Because these opportunities have to be capitalized on so quickly, (often 60 seconds or less), some automation is needed to make it work. Even with the block on actual transfers between the exchanges, this could be accomplished thusly:

1.  A major trade occurs on GOX sending the exchange price into sufficient imbalance that a profit can be made.

2.  The bot senses that GOX>BTC-e & GOX BTC/LTC ratio > BTC-e BTC/LTC ratio, so it triggers a sale for a predetermined amount of BTC-to-LTC on GOX while simultaneously buying an equal amount of BTC-from-LTC on BTC-e.

3.  A message (email or txt) goes out to the trader to manually transfer the traded amount of BTC to GOX & LTC to BTC-e.  Once this occurs, the system is "recharged", and can fire again the next time the exchange bounces out of step with the other.

As we speak, the price of BTC is $8 more on GOX then on BTC-e.  The bot would see this, confirm that the BTC/LTC ratios are equal or at least friendly, and sell the 100 BTC I have sitting on gox into LTC and the equal amount of LTC into BTC on BTC-e.  I have to sit down & recharge the system by manually sending 100BTC back to GOX & the equivilant in LTC back to BTC-e, but I made $800 minus fees for my effort.

Make sense lol?

+1 What Sean just said.

I think that starting out with an arbitrage alert bot is an excellent start, however the manual transfers might kill the opportunity.

Getting an ArbBot off the ground before Gox implements LTC might work tremendously towards our advantage in getting us, as Sean said "ahead of the curve". I don't know about you folks, but I have NEVER been fortunate enough to be ahead of any curve.

I'd be willing to donate towards the project to get it started.

Can we roll with this?

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 12, 2013, 03:25:52 AM

couple question fellow bot trader

do i need to run this bot 24/7. how long did your bot make any transaction, right now my bot running a day without activity and using recommended setting from pablo

If I may...

Yes, run the bot 24/7. It won't buy or sell unless it identifies a trend. So far mine's run for 24 hours with 2 trades. It correctly bought into the recent uptick, so just let it do its thing Smiley
luicon

Activity: 262

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 09:27:31 AM

can this bot be run using Chromium ? just wondering if it can be installed into a Raspberry pi
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1183

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 02:40:08 PM

can this bot be run using Chromium ? just wondering if it can be installed into a Raspberry pi

Hi Luicon Smiley,
   It works perfectly on Chromium.

Please let me know if you need anything Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
PGP Key(s): Pablo@Pablo-Lema.com: http://pastebin.com/V8Z4WxUE
vesperwillow

Activity: 616
Merit: 500

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 03:10:08 PM

I've verified it works in Chrome, Chromium, Coolnovo and I think it even ran in Dragon, but i fell asleep before I could process what was going on haha.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 03:39:22 PM
Last edit: September 13, 2013, 04:40:07 PM by fible1

Announcement

(Edit:)

Friends,
  I'd like to let everyone know that we will be migrating the bot from the btcbots.com domain to butter-bot.com by next Friday. At this time all the bots that have not been upgraded to V2.1 will stop working! There are only a few of you still on V2 and you will shortly be receiving an email from me. Please take a moment to upgrade so that you may continue your service uninterrupted.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
"Crypto Success":  bit.ly/Crypto-Success; "Principles for Crypto Investment":  bit.ly/Crypto-Principles; "Crypto Survival":  bit.ly/Crypto-Survival';
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 07:09:15 PM

Announcement

We have added a "Help Desk" to the Butter-Bot back end. You will now see a "Support" widget to the right of the website every time you go to Butter-Bot.com. We would like to ask you to please route any support issues you may have through our new ticketing system. The system will help us streamline support and get to your questions more quickly and in a more organized manner. Most of your questions or issues should still be resolved within the hour.

Please do not hesitate to open a ticket and let me know what you think (Smirk Wink ).

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 13, 2013, 08:03:18 PM

do you even have to have the "addon page" open? or will it run as loong as there is a check mark in the window that pop up when you click the "butter-bot" button in the top right hand cornor?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 13, 2013, 11:49:53 PM

do you even have to have the "addon page" open? or will it run as loong as there is a check mark in the window that pop up when you click the "butter-bot" button in the top right hand cornor?

It will run perfectly as long as you have Chrome open, that's all you need Smiley.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
blo8i

Activity: 960
Merit: 502

View Profile
September 14, 2013, 12:23:45 PM

how much do you recommend to start out with?? i have 27.98$ and 0.20BTC on my mtgox, is the enoughf to make a trade?
fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 14, 2013, 04:45:56 PM

how much do you recommend to start out with?? i have 27.98$ and 0.20BTC on my mtgox, is the enoughf to make a trade?

Hi Blo8i Smiley,
     We recommend starting out with 250-300 USD to make it easier to cover trading fees and then adding to that as you get a feel and gain understanding as to how the bot operates. Please keep in mind that the more money you have, the lower the swing has to be for you to make a profit.

Please do not hesitate to let me know if you have any questions Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Gentle_bend

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 04:37:58 PM

Hi Guys! Anyone keen to share their BBot setting for these flaccid times? From a very brief testing with the last week data it look like lengthening the trade frequency period minimises the loss. I understand that it's useless to judge EMA trading efficiency through so short periods but I was wondering if any of you experiment with these... who knows how long this trendlessness may last...

B
seanrarey

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

BuyAnythingWithBitcoin.com

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 05:29:04 PM

Hi Guys! Anyone keen to share their BBot setting for these flaccid times? From a very brief testing with the last week data it look like lengthening the trade frequency period minimises the loss. I understand that it's useless to judge EMA trading efficiency through so short periods but I was wondering if any of you experiment with these... who knows how long this trendlessness may last...

B

The defaults are pretty good (2hrs)... seem to be keeping the trading to a minimum while we wait for movement.  Gunna bleed a little when it is this flat, that is just how it is.

Interspersed with this flatness I have been watching a lot of manipulation that is likely meant to get bots to jump.  For those interested, this article makes some good observations:

http://falkvinge.net/2013/09/13/bitcoins-vast-overvaluation-seems-to-be-caused-by-usually-illegal-price-fixing/

I am quite pleased at how resistant to this type of manipulation & "fooling" EMA & Butter are.  Butter actually made me a little money off the tampering mentioned in the article, because he did not jump when the sharks wanted, just took what was available off the shallow trend they created.  The 2hr sample settings really helped with this... thanks guys!

Smiley

bassclef

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:00:51 PM

I received a "buy order imminent" email on Sunday night, when the EMA was about to cross into green territory. No buy order was executed, however, and I see the short EMA has been above the long for a few days, indicating that it should have bought.

I trade on Bitstamp and have had no connectivity issues that I know of. Has this happened to anyone else?
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 06:12:23 PM

I received a "buy order imminent" email on Sunday night, when the EMA was about to cross into green territory. No buy order was executed, however, and I see the short EMA has been above the long for a few days, indicating that it should have bought.

I trade on Bitstamp and have had no connectivity issues that I know of. Has this happened to anyone else?

Has the EMA crossed the threshold you have set?  If so, it should have traded.

bassclef

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:30:16 PM

Has the EMA crossed the threshold you have set?  If so, it should have traded.

Yes, it looks like it has. My settings are similar to the defaults, and according to mine (and the default 10/21) we should be long, correct?
dextryn

Activity: 198

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:31:43 PM

Hey, brand new user here!  Excited to get this up and running.

I have one suggestion though, it would be nice if the default view would end up going to whatever exchange you had it on last.  Having it on Gox and then having to click on the exchange just seems like an extra click that could easily be remedied.  #firstworldproblems
Grinny

Activity: 390

View Profile
September 18, 2013, 06:33:46 PM

Hey, brand new user here!  Excited to get this up and running.

I have one suggestion though, it would be nice if the default view would end up going to whatever exchange you had it on last.  Having it on Gox and then having to click on the exchange just seems like an extra click that could easily be remedied.  #firstworldproblems

Welcome Smiley
You can change your "Main Exchange" in the Options, so the Interface will open up the tab you defined there..

Crypto-Trade: Invest. Trade. Be free.
BTC: 16seZufhkvG92kmwjBmeknASaDEJQChmNz | LTC: LSXJFDjujJkAVgE3AmTyoU5W9yA2vzijbq
seanrarey

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 07:14:49 PM

Yep, should be long... if it did not buy in on Sunday, may want to drop Pablo a trouble ticket... something must not be setup right.

fible1 (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
September 18, 2013, 09:48:12 PM

Hey Smiley,
  I got your email, I will drop you an info request in a bit so we can debug this Smiley.

Pablo.

Fantastic FREE BOOKS:
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 120 »
  Print  

Jump to: