Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 05:42:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
cloudhasher

Activity: 280
Merit: 250

Taking bitcoin mining to everybody

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 04:02:17 PM

Some customer service would be appreciated. How long does it take for a callback?

CH

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 04:39:59 PM

In their defense I emailed them a question and they responded within1 day.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
FullFathom5

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 09:30:47 PM

In their defense I emailed them a question and they responded within1 day.

If you think the content of that exchange would make a meaningful contribution to their credibility, please share it. Otherwise your statement is, like many in this thread, purely sentimental.

Not to their defense: they cannot respond to legitimate questions about their business.
sharknutzz

Activity: 335

View Profile
May 24, 2013, 03:30:44 AM

Fwiw, I'd like to give TerraHash some time to get organized before dropping the judgement hammer.  There are a lot of good detectives in this forum that have seen many scams.  Trying to pull a scam involving illegitimate physical addresses would be a non-starter, considering that they've went as far as inviting people to visit.

Want to get the real story on their physical whereabouts and up-to-date information on lease agreements?

Option 1:  Search the internet, find some pictures, raise huge speculative red flags.
Option 2:  Send them an e-mail and ask them questions.  Post the results (or lack thereof) in the forum to promote/destroy their credibility.

Earlier on they mentioned that they are too busy being productive to deal with FUD/trolling. Lack of regular forum responses to some of the previous replies seems consistent with this.

Best case scenario, at this moment:  They continue working on providing great ASIC products and services, and working on leasing space i.e. imgur.com pics.
Worst case scenario, at this moment:  We admire cool DX pencil drawings and other artistic novelties, and continue watching other groups push on with real ASIC development.

I sincerely wish TerraHash great success.  This is quite an undertaking, and I admire anyone with the guts to take it on.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 08:40:04 PM

Sorry for not being able to update in the last couple days. Before giving any justifications, I just wanna reiterate something: In order to be a scam, we have to be taking money from people. What kind of an elaborate scam would this be, if we don't even take any money.

Company Registration:
We were registered under a different name in Delaware, but our lawyer said that since we are going to have a heavy presence in the state of California (our offices, and production facility), it would be wiser to just register in California. And the California Secretary of State's office takes a little while to process the registration papers. We have already sent in our papers and hope to get registered in a day or two.

Office Location:
Those of who are in the Silicon Valley will agree with me when I say that it's really really hard to find a small manufacturing/industrial space for leasing. We are looking for about 1000-1500 square feet of industrial space where we could install our SMT assembly line. But most of the industrial spaces start at 10,000 to 20,000 square feet. The address mentioned on our website (1261 birchwood), is marked as an "R&D" place. We signed the lease, but found it to be unfit for our purpose. We need a cleaner and controlled environment for our machines. But we have been very busy looking at different places for a week now, and we have found a nice place on Montague in Santa Clara, and will finalize it by the end of this week.

Domain:
Well, the privacy setting was turned on by default. I will soon turn it off and enter our own address/phone number etc. We have nothing to hide.

So please give me a couple of days, I will post evidence about: the company registration, financial documents, the progress we have made for designing the case for the DXs, pictures of our new office, etc. Once we move in to our new place, all of you would be more than welcome to come visit us.

It's been more than a couple days. Any updates?

Not sure the address would be unfit for you, seeing that PLX used it.

Domain Name: PLXDEVICES.COM
Created on: 23-May-03
Expires on: 23-May-17
Last Updated on: 12-May-12

Registrant:
PLX Devices Inc.

1261 Birchwood Dr
Sunnyvale, California 94089
United States

Administrative Contact:
Lowchareonkul, Paul paul@plxdevices.com
PLX Devices Inc.
1261 Birchwood Dr
Sunnyvale, California 94089
United States
+1.4087457591 Fax -- +1.5555555555
bitcoindude80

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 25, 2013, 09:05:01 PM

If they have a Santa Clara address, I can go visit them right now!! Smiley

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 12:27:09 AM

"Since December 2012, we have been trying to raise venture capital for designing and producing our own ASIC."

Summary - terrahash
Date Registered: May 05, 2013, 04:44:55 AM

Website
Copyright © 2011 TerraHash
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://terrahash.com

No online info about company whatsoever except very recent paid PRWeb crap.

Q. Will you do escrow?
A. No.

Enough said? For you maybe not, but I'm tired of retards coming here claiming they own company, chips, boards and whatnot but all they have are bullshits and cheap website.

How the fuck do they not even get the copyright date correct, yet want us to believe in them that they will deliver what they promise?

I predict that they'll update the copyright vitals before they even think about creating and populating a contact page.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

View Profile WWW
May 26, 2013, 01:08:28 AM

"Basically within a month, we will be ready to assemble and ship upto 250 boards a day, given that we have the Avalon chips. Now that is a big variable, we have no idea when we
will get the chips. However we will start taking orders for the assembly service, so that in case you receive your chips, you can send them over to us and we will start
assembling your boards."

Also notice that "you send us your chips" is the main theme (bold text) on their whole website:

http://terrahash.com/

It is a scam, and that is my final judgement on TerraHash topic.

+1
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 01:39:40 AM

Have a good weekend, Amir. I have been watching you in the Klondike thread as well. So far I am cautiously optimistic. Though I think KnC might beat you to market.

I haven't been in the game long enough to be totally jaded yet. Cool
puffpuffpass

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 26, 2013, 03:35:04 AM

"Basically within a month, we will be ready to assemble and ship upto 250 boards a day, given that we have the Avalon chips. Now that is a big variable, we have no idea when we
will get the chips. However we will start taking orders for the assembly service, so that in case you receive your chips, you can send them over to us and we will start
assembling your boards."

Also notice that "you send us your chips" is the main theme (bold text) on their whole website:

are there any other companies that are offering these services and prices, who approach the forum in a more friendly and consistent manner? I don't think Terrahash is a scam but their attitude is really strange. they seem bitter and resentful about something. I don't trust haters no matter how professional they make themselves appear. if they were decent and logical people, they would offer escrow to the first few customers, wouldn't they? i mean, it makes sense. maybe even send out one half off to a poor person like me, to show how cool they are. but I guess if that doesn't matter to them, then they don't deserve anyone's business. they are not the company they want everyone to think they are. This basically confirms it:
stop worrying about us.

the best descriptive term I can give about the vibe I feel of Terrahash and their unicorn product/service offering is "awry." (something is amiss)

I have a bitcoin address that anyone can send BTC too, so I'm going to post it
on my sig because I think someone is going to randomly give me their BTC:
1D37qouguK5rNh1mSZDocgVCvA2rxsAgLp Roll Eyes
FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 27, 2013, 04:32:29 PM

Hi TerraHash, can't wait to see you sell out on the first day.  If you or anyone watching this thread closely wants to check my data or update me as things change, you can click here.

Can't wait to see what happens here.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
puffpuffpass

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 02:14:16 AM

Hi TerraHash, can't wait to see you sell out on the first day.  If you or anyone watching this thread closely wants to check my data or update me as things change, you can click here.

Can't wait to see what happens here.

do you really believe that they are legit? why wouldn't they keep the asic chips for themselves and farm bitcoins completely solo?

FCTaiChi

Activity: 308

decentralizedhashing.com

View Profile WWW
May 28, 2013, 04:41:09 AM

do you really believe that they are legit? why wouldn't they keep the asic chips for themselves and farm bitcoins completely solo?
Some companies will turn out to be legit, some won't.  If this company is scamming they are doing the best job of any of the scammer companies.  I think we'll have to wait and see in all cases, though some are more likely than others. 
As to why wouldn't they?  Their names have been all over everything they've done, as long the information that has been gathered is sound any person should be able to sue, or get together with others on the forum and take action.

Mining Equipment Comparison Table                               Bitcoin News                             1nKAizrhGzvLfWBVfX8fGLAs6kxKV7aXM
Tad3j

Activity: 270

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:38:46 AM

Hi TerraHash!

On your site you're offering an 18GH/s PCB for BTC6.99 with the specification:
Size: 20cm x 20cm
Number of chips: 64
PCI Express power connector
USB mini type B connector
I2C board-to-board, daisy chain connector
USB microcontroller with bootloader for firmware upgrades.

My question is, this is fully functional PCB if it's connected to PC or RPi just without heatsink cooling?

Thanks for answers in advance.
Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 07:52:32 PM

assembling your boards."

are there any other companies that are offering these services and prices, who approach the forum in a more friendly and consistent manner? I don't think Terrahash is a scam but their attitude is really strange. they seem bitter and resentful about something. I don't trust haters no matter how professional they make themselves appear. if they were decent and logical people, they would offer escrow to the first few customers, wouldn't they? i mean, it makes sense. maybe even send out one half off to a poor person like me, to show how cool they are. but I guess if that doesn't matter to them, then they don't deserve anyone's business. they are not the company they want everyone to think they are. This basically confirms it:
stop worrying about us.

the best descriptive term I can give about the vibe I feel of Terrahash and their unicorn product/service offering is "awry." (something is amiss)

The guy got his shit jumped the day he showed up, and from where I sit, without much merit. He's been quite open, if a bit guarded, and hasn't promised the impossible. As for the copyright date on the website, that's easily explained, as I'm pretty sure I have the same template on a disk somewhere. You just cut and paste your data in, and it's easy to miss a spot. I think they are concentrating more on getting their background shit together, and working on the website as they have time.

I think they are legit. I ain't willing to risk money on it till I see more, but they are one of three that I'm watching, the other two being KnC and Steamboat. I basically think it'll come down to who gets the avalon chips first between Terrahash and Steamboat.
auto2nr1

Activity: 350

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 08:46:54 PM

Just got a update from Terrahash via e-mail. Thought i would share this post on their blog.

http://terrahash.com/dx-large-cad-update/
kendog77

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:09:57 PM

Just got a update from Terrahash via e-mail. Thought i would share this post on their blog.

http://terrahash.com/dx-large-cad-update/

Wow, after this post their website is no longer reachable! I suspect it is getting hammered at the moment.  

Terrahash, please update your web hosting before taking any orders... Smiley
Gomeler

Activity: 697

View Profile
May 28, 2013, 09:50:22 PM

Neat solution for housing boards. Would like to see an option without the powersupply but with the case.
puffpuffpass

I'm nobody.

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:20:37 AM

Neat solution for housing boards. Would like to see an option without the powersupply but with the case.

why

Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 29, 2013, 01:39:31 AM

why

Probably because some countries customs have apparently been holding Avalons due to PSUs.

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: