Bitcoin Forum
June 26, 2024, 07:34:39 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
detail3

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:02:42 AM

There is an ignore function on bitcointalk, don't forget guys.
jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:14:42 AM

That is correct.

Impressive that one so "young" on posts could "achieve" this feat.
gill83

Activity: 75

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:18:56 AM

That is correct.

What happens when a lot of people ignore him? Does he get banned from the forum?
detail3

Activity: 70

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 03:25:26 AM

That is correct.

What happens when a lot of people ignore him? Does he get banned from the forum?

Nobody knows...its like dividing by zero.  I'm fairly certain that Dante had reserved a special circle of hell for users 100% ignored on forums though, haven't read it in awhile but I think it was just below adulterers and murderers   Roll Eyes
Big Time Coin

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 04:24:39 AM

subscribed

Big time, I'm on my way I'm making it, big time, oh yes
- Peter Gabriel
klintay
Legendary

Activity: 1775
Merit: 1032

Value will be measured in sats

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 05:38:49 AM

will you guys accept paypal payment? for those of us who are BTC poor Sad
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:31:20 AM

Credit cards would be better you get a full 120 days after proposed delivery to complain;

The card companies assume the risk in this case. Third parties, such as Paypal and Amazon negate that.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/shopping/section75-protect-your-purchases
http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/goods-and-services-bought-with-credit.html
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2012/jan/20/section-75-chargeback

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
Zubilica

Activity: 837
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:41:35 AM

Can you add as an option to sell DX mini & Large with and without Power supply. I had big problems with customs for some devices.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 11:59:05 AM

Can you add as an option to sell DX mini & Large with and without Power supply. I had big problems with customs for some devices.

+1 this should be standard for all overseas mining sales as it is a statistically significant issue. One that's bizarre considering the amount of electronic products moving globally daily, but has been reported on seep earl threads on multiple occasions in this forum.

Anyone know what the issue is with customs and PSUs? If it was hand luggage I'd be somewhat more understanding.

keepinithamsta

Activity: 85

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 01:58:47 PM

+1 this should be standard for all overseas mining sales as it is a statistically significant issue. One that's bizarre considering the amount of electronic products moving globally daily, but has been reported on seep earl threads on multiple occasions in this forum.

Anyone know what the issue is with customs and PSUs? If it was hand luggage I'd be somewhat more understanding.

I know they like seizing electrical related things due to counterfeiting and the disregard for safety in said goods.  Batteries, power adapters, chargers and power supplies are the targeted items for customs.  I can only assume that is what's causing the problems.
Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:27:19 PM

We want to promote Bitcoin. And since this is a Bitcoin mining machine, it makes perfect sense to sell it for BTC only. Initially it will be for BTC only, however, we might start accepting PayPal/CC later on.

Deal breaker right there. Bitcoin for all intents and purposes is anonymous, has no consumer protection, and Terrahash have no proven past history of delivering anything. They have their funding the wrong way round. They get paid in Anonymous currency AFTER they've proven themselves legitimate.

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 06:36:39 PM

Bull****, that's a deal breaker right there. Bitcoin for all intents and purposes is anonymous, has no consumer protection, and Terrahash have no proven past history of delivering anything. They have their funding the wrong way round. They get paid in Anonymous currency AFTER they've proven themselves legitimate.

Bitcoin is not that anonymous really, and neither is TerraHash. We are incorporated in the state of California, and will have an office in a day or two.

I know bitcoin's weaknesses with anonymity, hence the 'for all intents and purposes'.

Maybe that was an over-reaction as no doubt many will be able to prove your physical existence shortly.

But for overseas buyers that can't rock up in person and have other logistic issues to contend with. Visa and MasterCard offer significant protection that they are liable for themselves, as opposed to yourselves or your customers.

Streets 2.0

Merit: 101

FRX: Ferocious Alpha

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:15:09 PM
Last edit: May 31, 2013, 07:25:52 PM by Streets 2.0

If CC/Paypal was added, you would have a large advantage over competition and questions of legitimacy would probably fall off substantially.

EDIT:  Wanted to edit my post and state clearly that I am very interested in your proof of concept and would in all likelihood will order a few of your 18GH boards for my own modular setup.  All the flame thrown around here is trumped by the fact that you are not accepting BTC, and have established and registered with the state of California.

I am looking forward to seeing your products

Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:26:59 PM

If CC/Paypal was added, you would have a large advantage over competition and questions of legitimacy would probably fall off substantially.

But then we'll have to fix price in USD, something we don't want to do.

I understand why you want to do this, because you are, like everyone else, expecting a trend upwards in bitcoin.  Fixed price in USD and updating monthly against the avg exchange rate is not a terrible idea.  Just food for thought m8

Bitcoinorama

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:28:48 PM

Only initially, whilst you build reputation and trust...

Think of it as an insurance policy due to the volume and frequency of previous scams. People are justifiably wary and don't want their fingers burnt a first, or a second time.

We are willing to trust you, but you need to build it. We're not denying that dollars aren't the favourite medium of exchange, but in this initial instance they are preferred with a VISA credit card 120 day protection.

Also most miners are new currently, don't have the coins mined to pay you, and exchanging is messy right now.

Streets 2.0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 07:34:06 PM

I would have to agree with Bitcoinorama - that is what would set you apart from all of the competition, and the merit of trust gained would out trump even ASICminer, more than likely forcing them to scale their prices way back from the inflated mark they are at now.  Then you would be something no other is currently.

Oddly, I am heavily invested in ASICminer shares...

vemrion

Activity: 10
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:49:28 PM

People may have trouble converting to BTC if more exchanges go down, causing a sales disruption. And what about CA sales tax? Will you be paying that out of the posted prices or is it tacked on to the bill later? At 7.5% it's nontrivial.

Also, you may want to meet with a tax lawyer about accepting a "foreign" currency instead of dollars. There could be a CA statute written to keep pesos out of circulation, but it could affect you if applied to Bitcoin.
cloudstrife07

Activity: 41

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 08:57:03 PM

I just hope Terrahash would start accepting CC. maybe you can fix the BTC price and make the USD price follows the current Mt.Gox/BTC-e selling price.

People are selling at $140 per BTC here at my country. sigh. too damn expensive.
FullFathom5

Activity: 31

View Profile
May 31, 2013, 09:29:55 PM

Only initially, whilst you build reputation and trust...

Think of it as an insurance policy due to the volume and frequency of previous scams. People are justifiably wary and don't want their fingers burnt a first, or a second time.

We are willing to trust you, but you need to build it. We're not denying that dollars aren't the favourite medium of exchange, but in this initial instance they are preferred with a VISA credit card 120 day protection.

Also most miners are new currently, don't have the coins mined to pay you, and exchanging is messy right now.

Terrahash:

The rationale to not escrow through John K. remains unaddressed. Simply declining to escrow without offering a rationale seems amiss, especially since it would actually benefit you in terms of credibility.

It could still remain in BTC, it would offer buyers a degree of confidence in an unproven product/service and I am sure the small fee that John K. charges is not a barrier to purchasing for those preferring fair terms of trade.
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
May 31, 2013, 10:15:13 PM

We want to promote Bitcoin. And since this is a Bitcoin mining machine, it makes perfect sense to sell it for BTC only. Initially it will be for BTC only, however, we might start accepting PayPal/CC later on.

This statement is ass-backwards, if you want more people to get into mining with a decent hash-rate and spout the virtues of such to everyone they come across you would let them pay with anything they want to throw at you.

That would be like Amazon forcing me to buy from them with Amazon coins.

Do you not like USD or something?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: