Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 07:42:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 09:53:43 PM

Can I suggest that Terrahash open up pre-orders with a deposit? I'd like to at least hold some place in line.

Thanks!

No. Just no. Pre-orders available all over this damn place...

We will start accepting orders only when we have products ready to ship.

TH, please stick to original plan. Thank you very much!
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
btceic

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 13, 2013, 09:58:07 PM

Any plans for an enclosure for the 16 or the 64's?

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:34:26 PM

no preorder just buy it when it is available

and i got dibs Smiley

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
Bitcoinorama

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:36:02 PM

Happy to see the progress here...looking good guys!

Make my day! Say thanks if you found me helpful Smiley BTC Address --->
1487ThaKjezGA6SiE8fvGcxbgJJu6XWtZp
riazg

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 13, 2013, 10:47:00 PM

no preorder just buy it when it is available

and i got dibs Smiley

I've got double dibs! I was thinking even something like a 50 dollar deposit to save my place in line. I am just afraid that they'll open up orders at some strange time of the day when I am at away from my computer or asleep and I'll miss the jump on my order. Even if no, can they post an exact time/date they'll open up orders so everyone will rush the site at the same time?
Twh

Activity: 41

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:22:37 AM

TH, announce the date and time when you open up orders very clearly and at least a few days ahead. That way most if not all people get the same chance.

On subject of pricing things in BTC, the thing is that you are looking at it backwards. It's not the machine that gets cheaper or more expensive as the price moves around, it's that the worth of your bitcoins purchased at a given point changes. If you want to play around with that, what you do is buy BTC and then later sell it if and when it goes up, and then you'll have more money - doing this will yield the exact same results as them pricing things in BTC. That being said I'm neither for or against the BTC-based pricing, it could easily backfire on the customers but it's impossible to predict anything.
southerngentuk

Activity: 1316
Merit: 252

Sugars.zone | DatingFi - Earn for Posting

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 10:36:46 AM

Just checked out your site and unless my maths is $hit
you are selling the chips at cost and assembly and board for .75 BTC

This seems way to cheap, are you gonna review these prices?

SUGAR
██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
█████▀██████▀▀██████▀█████
██████████████████████████
█████████████████████▄████
████████▄████████▄████████
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀████████████████████▀▀

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
███████████████████████████
██████               ██████
██████   ▄████▀      ██████
██████▄▄▄███▀   ▄█   ██████
██████████▀   ▄███   ██████
████████▀   ▄█████▄▄▄██████
██████▀   ▄███████▀▀▀██████
██████   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ██████
██████               ██████
Backed By
ZetaChain

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██

██   ██
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
▄▄████████████████████▄▄
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████████████████████████
▀▀████████████████████▀▀
suryc

Activity: 298

Play2Live pre-sale starts on January 25th

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:00:50 PM

TH, announce the date and time when you open up orders very clearly and at least a few days ahead. That way most if not all people get the same chance.

On subject of pricing things in BTC, the thing is that you are looking at it backwards. It's not the machine that gets cheaper or more expensive as the price moves around, it's that the worth of your bitcoins purchased at a given point changes. If you want to play around with that, what you do is buy BTC and then later sell it if and when it goes up, and then you'll have more money - doing this will yield the exact same results as them pricing things in BTC. That being said I'm neither for or against the BTC-based pricing, it could easily backfire on the customers but it's impossible to predict anything.

+1
Please give some notice before you open up the site for orders, don't just leave us to discover it on our own as others did in the past.

PLAY
            ▄██████████████▄
          ▄██▀▀██████████████▄
        ▄██▀    ▀██████████████▄
      ▄██▀        ▀██████████████▄
    ▄██▀   ██████▄  ▀██████████████▄
  ▄██▀          ██    ▀██████████████▄
 ███       ▄█████▀      ███████████████
  ▀██▄    ▐██         ▄██████████████▀
    ▀██▄  ▐██████▌  ▄██████████████▀
      ▀██▄        ▄██████████████▀
        ▀██▄    ▄██████████████▀
          ▀██▄▄██████████████▀
            ▀██████████████▀
LIVE
██████
███▀▀▀
███

███
███▄▄▄
██████
██████
▀▀▀███
███

███
▄▄▄███
██████
ryanb
Legendary

Activity: 1148

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:15:10 PM

any idea when you will receive your chips order and start selling working product?

https://bitcoinfundingteam.com/ref/SatoshiTeam
turn 0.1 BTC to 80BTC week after week!!!
newmars

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 05:34:50 PM

I also want to know the order opening time
joeventura

Activity: 854

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:14:54 PM

I'd like to see the completed K64 Board, my concern is your case does not look like it will hold 10 - K64 boards.

Prices look reasonable, Paypal is good,

Now we need to see an 18Gh card ready to go

joeventura

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 06:28:35 PM

Perhaps the renderings are misleading as to what size they are.

Whats the ETA to see a K64 board?
joeventura

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 07:33:14 PM

Ok look forward to hearing and seeing more of your accomplishments,

Good luck in the new office!
Chaplin

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 08:05:55 PM

I just received this email.

Hello,

Thanks for expressing your interest in our products. Over the last month we have received numerous emails and calls, enquiring when our products will be available for pre-order. People interested in our products have been continuously requesting us to take their orders. We have kindly declined to honor all such requests so far. Another request we have received a lot is to start accepting alternate forms of payment including PayPal and Wire/Cash.

Due to the huge demand, we have decided to start taking orders. Our website will start taking orders starting Tuesday June 18th, 2013 at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time. For the first 24 hours, only the folks who have signed up for an account on our website before this email, would be allowed to place an order. After that anybody would be able to order.

We have also accepted the second request, and will accept PayPal and Wire as a payment method. We will not be accepting any cash at our office.

As a consequence of accepting PayPal/Wire as a payment, we will have to fix the prices of our products in USD. BTC prices will vary by the day, but users wanting to order with BTC will still be able to do that.

We have made considerable progress towards the development of our products. We are very hopeful that by next week we will have a working demo board ready.

Thanks,

TerraHash Team.

I'm disappointed that Terrahash is going to a preorder scheme when we have no manufacturing timeline, no way to guarantee a timeline would be adhered to, and still no details of (e.g.) their Avalon bulk order. I also find it odd that this reversal came so suddenly.

Also, while I'm glad they will accept PayPal, if preorders are far enough in advance of projected delivery, that may hinder our ability to obtain refunds (through PayPal) should Terrahash disappear or miss a delivery target after PayPal's dispute resolution period has expired.

Side note: Can we get a guarantee of what will happen if Terrahash gets board manufacturing rolling long before the DX cases are ready? In a preorder scheme, I think the only fair approach is to wait to release both DXes and standalone modules at the same time. (This is coming from someone who only intends to buy modules at this point, too...)
webjoe

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:28:59 PM

Wait, how did you get a request for orders that exceeds your Avalon chip supply but pre-orders haven't even started until June 18th.  How is this possible?  Does that mean when we pay for pre-orders on June 18th, we'll be getting our units after this large order?

I'm disappointed that Terrahash is going to a preorder scheme when we have no manufacturing timeline, no way to guarantee a timeline would be adhered to, and still no details of (e.g.) their Avalon bulk order. I also find it odd that this reversal came so suddenly.

Also, while I'm glad they will accept PayPal, if preorders are far enough in advance of projected delivery, that may hinder our ability to obtain refunds (through PayPal) should Terrahash disappear or miss a delivery target.

We have received a request for orders that far exceeds the amount of Avalon chips that we have already ordered. The money raised from pre-orders will be used to order more Avalon chips, to ensure a constant supply of our products.

BTC: 1P77ekpQigu2HfiB67wNhzmMmEvZFkE2jv | KNCMiner Neptune 20nm 3TH/S for $10K in Q1/Q2 2014
kimosan

Activity: 644
Merit: 501

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:33:03 PM

How will the pre-orders work? Immediate payment or...?

We have received a request for orders that far exceeds the amount of Avalon chips that we have already ordered. The money raised from pre-orders will be used to order more Avalon chips, to ensure a constant supply of our products.

Understandable, but this

Our website will start taking orders starting Tuesday June 18th, 2013 at 9:00 am Pacific Standard Time.

and this

We are very hopeful that by next week we will have a working demo board ready.

bug the shit out of me.

Next week Monday? Next week after pre-orders are done?

Why not wait until you have at least a working model before taking pre-orders? The most you will lose if you guys can complete a demo by next Friday is a what, a week?

Not trying to be an asshole, simply want to understand the rush to open pre-orders.
bearsworth

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:38:25 PM

Wait, how did you get a request for orders that exceeds your Avalon chip supply but pre-orders haven't even started until June 18th.  How is this possible?  Does that mean when we pay for pre-orders on June 18th, we'll be getting our units after this large order?

Also, while I'm glad they will accept PayPal, if preorders are far enough in advance of projected delivery, that may hinder our ability to obtain refunds (through PayPal) should Terrahash disappear or miss a delivery target.

I think when he says requests for orders, he probably means people have sought interest by email/pm. So if you get flooded with 100's of people asking i'm sure that he can't supply enough chips for all. Therefore, he's going to use pre order money to buy more chips.

Bitrated user: cryptomark.
Chaplin

Activity: 52

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2013, 08:39:27 PM

That's excellent news, but many of us are still waiting for proof you have, indeed, pre-ordered Avalon chips.

Why not wait until you have at least a working model before taking pre-orders? The most you will lose if you guys can complete a demo by next Friday is a what, a week?

The best way to gain trust on an accelerated schedule would be to assemble and have someone independently verify your demo board with an on-site visit -- then announce a preorder something like a week after their review.

The absolute best way to gain trust from the entire community would be not to take money for products you don't have, as you originally planned. Assemble a ton of modules and DXes, enough to verify you've thrown a lot of money at this and won't disappear overnight. Have one or two people come in and confirm for us, then go buy trashbags to hold the incredible amounts of money people will throw at your 100%-guaranteed-legit product. Wink
joeventura

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 08:56:23 PM

You should be looking for credibility, the best way to do that is to provide evidence you have ordered chips and their expected arrival date.

Very simple.

crazyates
Legendary

Activity: 952

View Profile
June 14, 2013, 09:04:10 PM

You should be looking for credibility, the best way to do that is to provide evidence you have ordered chips and their expected arrival date.

Very simple.
TerraH has been pushing to help get the development of the K16 boards moving as quickly as possible. They posted a pic of a board that they had printed for the K16. Why would they be pushing for the development of that board if they didn't have any chips to put on it?

Tips? 1crazy8pMqgwJ7tX7ZPZmyPwFbc6xZKM9
Previous Trade History - Sale Thread
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: