Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:55:21 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 267 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Topic  (Read 384374 times)
cad_cdn

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:38:22 PM

yes, we were all hoping to see the 'lucky' 1st batch email by now.

TerraHash sure have gone quiet now they have money, not answering any questions in here and no recent updates to their blog.

C'mon TerraHash communicate with your customers if you don't want to look like another BFL

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 08:56:50 PM

They wait bank trasnsfer from outside USA to cleared and have all the details.come on relax and take it easy will be updated at few days
MinermanNC
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:09:39 PM

Im sure they will be weeding out any orders that were placed by accounts that were created AFTER the invite date/email went out. As you recall orders were taken breifly when their site was opened to the public Tuesday morning/afternoon after they did a server reset. I know they know this happened and am confident they are looking at those orders if any, and moving them to the end of the queue as that would be the only fair thing to do, and that takes just a little extra effort and time on their part. And those folks know who they are Smiley

*BTC: 1DiR25SPo84sThzTATr27EZEQZLt6hv6tG
aznewsh

Activity: 49
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:32:36 PM

The order queue doesn't mean shit if they don't have a working product, that's the kind of updates I want, where are they at with the development and testing.

All this silly bickering about my order is before yours is totally childish.
ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:41:21 PM

The order queue doesn't mean shit if they don't have a working product, that's the kind of updates I want, where are they at with the development and testing.

So it's not just me who thinks that? I thought I was back in kindergarten.

MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:44:30 PM

Well its not childish" when you have a few grand on the line and waited for the opportunity to finally order, and all the while daily earnings are dropping like a led balloon..and who's bickering anyways?Huh lol, but ya Im very much waiting to see a working product, but for now we have to presume thats a given based on why they are even taking the orders now... so....  

duke1839

Activity: 143
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:47:29 PM

The order queue is not a childish bragging ground.  It is how we can grade how TH is coming along with filling our orders.  Once people in the order queue start receiving estimates and their actual orders people will start to get an idea on how long they can expect to wait until receiving their orders.  As far as TH "going quiet" I would much rather have them working on servicing and filling our orders than answering every random question here.  It think this is a good medium to announce updates and frequent questions but not customer specific questions.

1839REgeNTM2b84byywinp3BjtWdEqw27x
MinermanNC
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:49:08 PM

You both do realise that they are waiting for BKK to finalize the boards. You should watch this thread if you are interested in updates. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0

If those boards work then the only thing that matters is delivery of chips and their custom cases are in stock with the PSUs.

It pains me to think that you guys didn't know this already......

Thank you for setting the record straight  Cheesy

ak49er

Activity: 672

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 09:50:27 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2013, 10:22:39 PM by ak49er

You both do realise that they are waiting for BKK to finalize the boards. You should watch this thread if you are interested in updates. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=190731.0

If those boards work then the only thing that matters is delivery of chips and their custom cases are in stock with the PSUs.

It pains me to think that you guys didn't know this already......
That's actually all perfectly clear by reading just this thread. Cheesy  So yes, I knew this already, and I'm guessing aznewsh did as well.  Not that that changes a thing about the order queue and the point of aznewsh's post.

EDIT:  I feel obliged to add that I'm not trying to start a fight.  Aznewsh's post struck a chord with me and I felt like responding in agreement.  I probably shouldn't have added the kindergarten comment though, as that was also childish.

fasmax

Activity: 378

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:05:40 PM

TerraHash built a K16 board over a week ago that they were supposedly testing.
It would be nice if TerrHash would give us an update on the K16 board bring up. 
Way no updates for over a week?

aznewsh

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:49:15 PM

TerraHash built a K16 board over a week ago that they were supposedly testing.
It would be nice if TerrHash would give us an update on the K16 board bring up. 
Way no updates for over a week?

Thank you - that was my point - I don't need a single post in here if they actually blogged in their blog!  Grin
Silvas

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 10:50:12 PM

Actually, while I can't speak for others, here is what it is for me:
1. it has nothing to do with my order is before yours or after yours, and it's not childish.  It has to do with am I in the first 10k chips, the 2nd 10k chips, or the 3rd 20k, or beyond?
This could mean quite a difference in when I might receive my product.  Yes, yes, TH said Bitsyncom said they're getting them bulk made blah blah.  Do you want to know what that is?  That's nothing.  Avalon has already shown their lack of willingness to be transparent and open. They've shown their lack of concern for their customers.  They've repeatedly blown deadlines.  Let's all assume for a moment that we can absolutely trust what TH says as the 100% truth.  No misleading, no half-truths, nothing.  That STILL doesn't mean what he was told by Avalon is worth the breath it took to say it.

2. TH came on here and made a firm statement that they would be cancelling orders (except in rare cases) on Friday, and gathering info over the weekend (not today), and sending us emails today to let us know where we fell.
There's PLENTY of history of asic companies making commitments they couldn't keep, setting expectations and then letting customers down, blowing deadlines and not communicating.  These are lessons that bloody well should have been learned by anyone paying any attention and should not be being repeated by a new company.  There's just no excuse for it.  I'm not saying that's what is happening here, but it's kinda iffy right now, and I'm looking for something to reassure me that's not starting to happen again here.

3. I think TH was a bit too aggressive with their 2 week after receiving chips we'll be shipping bit.  Knowing damn well that the board wasn't finalized, knowing the software wasn't done, making a commitment like that and saying oh if the chips are late that will delay us... but painting a picture that the chips would be the only thing... that's a bit misleading

4. I had already put in an order when I found out about the whole cloudhashing thing, and TH confirmed that what essentially happened was cloudhashing pulled out after TH had ordered the chips.  They had no choice but to take preorders in order to be able to refund cloudhashing.  That means some of our preorder money went to refund someone else.  While I'm sure it will all work out, I'm less than pleased that they were less than honest up front about it.
Their statement about pre-orders was due to demand to take preorders... they conveniently left out that they desperately needed money to not go under, and needed the preorders for that.  What would they do if everyone cancelled their orders?  someone would get screwed here, and I'm betting it's not cloudhashing.  I'm also sure that won't happen, but the fact is still they weren't honest about what was going on and why they were really taking preorders until well after the orders started and a ton of them placed and paid for.

Quite frankly, I don't think it's childish, unreasonable, or even asking a tiny bit too much to ask for some bloody communication in a timely fashion to assure those of us (all of us) with money on the line that we're not going to get 100% screwed here.
aznewsh

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:03:46 PM

1. it has nothing to do with my order is before yours or after yours, and it's not childish.  It has to do with am I in the first 10k chips, the 2nd 10k chips, or the 3rd 20k, or beyond?
This could mean quite a difference in when I might receive my product.  Yes, yes, TH said Bitsyncom said they're getting them bulk made blah blah.  Do you want to know what that is?  That's nothing.  Avalon has already shown their lack of willingness to be transparent and open. They've shown their lack of concern for their customers.  They've repeatedly blown deadlines.  Let's all assume for a moment that we can absolutely trust what TH says as the 100% truth.  No misleading, no half-truths, nothing.  That STILL doesn't mean what he was told by Avalon is worth the breath it took to say it.

2. TH came on here and made a firm statement that they would be cancelling orders (except in rare cases) on Friday, and gathering info over the weekend (not today), and sending us emails today to let us know where we fell.
There's PLENTY of history of asic companies making commitments they couldn't keep, setting expectations and then letting customers down, blowing deadlines and not communicating.  These are lessons that bloody well should have been learned by anyone paying any attention and should not be being repeated by a new company.  There's just no excuse for it.  I'm not saying that's what is happening here, but it's kinda iffy right now, and I'm looking for something to reassure me that's not starting to happen again here.

3. I think TH was a bit too aggressive with their 2 week after receiving chips we'll be shipping bit.  Knowing damn well that the board wasn't finalized, knowing the software wasn't done, making a commitment like that and saying oh if the chips are late that will delay us... but painting a picture that the chips would be the only thing... that's a bit misleading

4. I had already put in an order when I found out about the whole cloudhashing thing, and TH confirmed that what essentially happened was cloudhashing pulled out after TH had ordered the chips.  They had no choice but to take preorders in order to be able to refund cloudhashing.  That means some of our preorder money went to refund someone else.  While I'm sure it will all work out, I'm less than pleased that they were less than honest up front about it.
Their statement about pre-orders was due to demand to take preorders... they conveniently left out that they desperately needed money to not go under, and needed the preorders for that.  What would they do if everyone cancelled their orders?  someone would get screwed here, and I'm betting it's not cloudhashing.  I'm also sure that won't happen, but the fact is still they weren't honest about what was going on and why they were really taking preorders until well after the orders started and a ton of them placed and paid for.

Quite frankly, I don't think it's childish, unreasonable, or even asking a tiny bit too much to ask for some bloody communication in a timely fashion to assure those of us (all of us) with money on the line that we're not going to get 100% screwed here.

It still doesn't make the slightest bit of difference where they say you are in the order queue or which batch if they cannot deliver a working product on time.
btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 11:08:35 PM

^true, but at least they would be communicating.

Forum stats for terrahash:
Last Active: June 22, 2013, 10:04:02 PM

2 days ago, on the forum that may just keep them in business.

I am sick and tired of getting excuses, I want answers, this isn't a game, this is business.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Vigil

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:20:32 PM

We were told we would hear something Friday as to our orders so we could decide whether to cancel. Then we were told "Monday" and we still don't have anything. I would like to know what the deal is. Perhaps they don't want to say that the first 3 chip orders aren't enough to fulfill the majority of the board orders. 
Silvas

Activity: 82

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:20:41 PM

It still doesn't make the slightest bit of difference where they say you are in the order queue or which batch if they cannot deliver a working product on time.

Very true, but since they said that they would inform people where they were so that those people could decide whether to keep their order or cancel, they should do it.
Where you are in the queue might make a difference to some people - knowing avalon's track record for on time delivery, and if you knew you were down in the 3rd batch of chips, you might well want to cancel because it's a high chance you wouldn't get your product early enough to be worth it (for those who are looking to at least make their purchase money back)
On the other hand... Even a late delivery might still be worth it if you're in the first batch

Bottom line, they made the commitment, they should keep it.  Period.
massnerder

Activity: 308

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:28:25 PM

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I thought that even with the assembled board they were waiting on firmware to be able to test it?

If that is the case then what else do they have on their plate other than communicating with customers?
bebfoo

Activity: 60

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:32:11 PM

(for those who are looking to at least make their purchase money back)

Does anyone not fall into that category?? Wink  Seems foolish to not be looking for making at least their purchase price back. I am hoping to make at least 20-50% ROI above hardware/power costs. The judgement call to keep the order or cancel (or go with some other option) all depends on what the total hash rate and resulting difficulty look like at the time the chips have arrived, boards are fully done and tested, and devices shipped. I'd say if the box can't be mining by August then it's likely going to be not worth the investment.

Personally, if the difficulty is above 45M I am planning to cancel or maybe sell my order to someone who is willing to mine with longer than 3-5 month time-to-ROI.

Patiently awaiting updates on the K16 board (which appears to be moving along) and from TH....

btceic

Activity: 392

♫ A wave came crashing like a fist to the jaw ♫

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2013, 11:33:24 PM

There is no excuse for their lack of communication, we should not have to be hunting them down, we deserve better then this.

♫ This situation, which side are you on? Are you getting out? Are you dropping bombs? Have you heard of diplomatic resolve? ♫ How To Run A Cheap Full Bitcoin Node For $19 A Year ♫ If I knew where it was, I would take you there. There’s much more than this. ♫ Track Your Bitcoins Value
Vigil

View Profile
June 24, 2013, 11:43:23 PM

I just sent an email, as if that will help.
Pages: « 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 [63] 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 ... 267 »
  Print  

Jump to: