Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 07:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][POWR][UPDATE] *** POWER LEDGER TOKEN SALE STARTS FRIDAY 8TH SEPTEMBER ***  (Read 138815 times)
Isle of Groestl

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 10:06:22 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 10:37:59 PM by Isle of Groestl

Hello everyone, I have been trying to do as much reading as I can about POWR, I love the concept of this project (one of the only coins I invested in not because I want some big profit but because I truly like the idea and want to support the project itself) came across this post, and the few people that quoted it couldnt really address it so figured Id post it here and see if anyone can answer this.

One thing to add, he says he has concerns with how it will function in real life. Isnt it already functioning in real life? Isnt it already in operation in certain sectors?

If this is something that has been done 1000 times I apologize. Also if this is ignorant based on not understanding the project well enough I also apologize. Just interested in seeing a rebuttal to this.

---------
I got in on the ICO at the last minute after getting caught up in the hype. But I have sold all my tokens now. After really looking into it I have some concerns about how it will function in the real life. Say that you (Defc0de) decide to put in extra solar panels with the intent to sell me the extra electricity you generate. The increased cost for you to add solar panels is not that significant if you are already doing the install. But how are you getting me the power? And how are we going to monitor it? I read that they plan to use the existing backbone infrastructure of utility companies but I do not see how that is really feasible. What incentive does an electric company have to provide you and I to use their lines between our homes at a reduced cost when they can make plenty of money the way things are. One option is if we live next door, you could run a line between our homes, and install a meter to monitor my consumption. But then there are lots of issues that could creep up going forward ? do we both have to check it on a regular basis and input it into PL?s system. Do we both have to upgrade our service panels to wireless, and then make sure it is always communicating with the internet. I just do not see how it works in real life. And then if we do work out all the issues, will the numbers really work out so it makes sense? I have lots more questions. It is a cool idea.
-------

Thank you for your time
You have not 'researched' even on the surface -  
Power Ledger is working with countries, communities and sub-communities, that are setting up micro-grids running on the Power Ledger Blockchain.  
Landis+Gyr provides the hardware for the protocol and is the partner of Power Ledger -  
https://www.landisgyr.com
 Cool Cool

What company or country will partner with Power Ledger next?
Ready for the next spike up to $3.00?
Isle of Groestl

View Profile
December 19, 2017, 11:03:25 PM
Last edit: December 19, 2017, 11:36:41 PM by Isle of Groestl

Hold on now, you're gonna shit your pants -  

In the future, electricity will be the new form of currency:
POWR is backed up by Electricity -
Q:What other crypto-currency is backed up by a Utility?
A: None but POWR.

Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool Cool

Electricity has been currency to electric companies, now the people will earn from Electricity.
Power Ledger leads the way.   
Isle of Groestl

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 01:40:12 AM

Future Traders are playing Bitcoin and Bitcoin Cash back and forth, wanting you to sell your coins to chase them.
Don't get yanked!! - HOLD your Power Ledger . .   Grin
grobmad

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 07:51:49 AM

Hello everyone, I have been trying to do as much reading as I can about POWR, I love the concept of this project (one of the only coins I invested in not because I want some big profit but because I truly like the idea and want to support the project itself) came across this post, and the few people that quoted it couldnt really address it so figured Id post it here and see if anyone can answer this.

One thing to add, he says he has concerns with how it will function in real life. Isnt it already functioning in real life? Isnt it already in operation in certain sectors?

If this is something that has been done 1000 times I apologize. Also if this is ignorant based on not understanding the project well enough I also apologize. Just interested in seeing a rebuttal to this.

---------
I got in on the ICO at the last minute after getting caught up in the hype. But I have sold all my tokens now. After really looking into it I have some concerns about how it will function in the real life. Say that you (Defc0de) decide to put in extra solar panels with the intent to sell me the extra electricity you generate. The increased cost for you to add solar panels is not that significant if you are already doing the install. But how are you getting me the power? And how are we going to monitor it? I read that they plan to use the existing backbone infrastructure of utility companies but I do not see how that is really feasible. What incentive does an electric company have to provide you and I to use their lines between our homes at a reduced cost when they can make plenty of money the way things are. One option is if we live next door, you could run a line between our homes, and install a meter to monitor my consumption. But then there are lots of issues that could creep up going forward ? do we both have to check it on a regular basis and input it into PL?s system. Do we both have to upgrade our service panels to wireless, and then make sure it is always communicating with the internet. I just do not see how it works in real life. And then if we do work out all the issues, will the numbers really work out so it makes sense? I have lots more questions. It is a cool idea.
-------

Thank you for your time
You have not 'researched' even on the surface -  
Power Ledger is working with countries, communities and sub-communities, that are setting up micro-grids running on the Power Ledger Blockchain.  
Landis+Gyr provides the hardware for the protocol and is the partner of Power Ledger -  
https://www.landisgyr.com
 Cool Cool

What company or country will partner with Power Ledger next?
Ready for the next spike up to $3.00?

Thank you for your reply I appreciate it.
Antivoid

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 04:04:20 PM

what happend to this coin, why does the price rise a little while other coins rocketing? i wished to see the performance on November again
incetivepro

Activity: 216

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 09:17:29 PM

This is a very good project with an excellent team. And of course he has already started his full-fledged work, in contrast to hundreds of tokens which are not than not provided. I believe that the price of $ 5 in the near future is more than real. Does someone disagree with me? I want to hear your opinion.

Agree (+1) Wink
$5-$10 in short term

$5 will be nice achievement for this project I think majority of the people will keep hodl this for long term because by the end of next year it will be above $50 with this growth rate.

Enjoy nice pump
incetivepro

Activity: 216

View Profile
December 20, 2017, 10:41:42 PM

POWR Listed On Changelly

https://medium.com/power-ledger/powr-listed-on-changelly-c60cb9dd8c8c

Power Ledger’s POWR token is now available on Changelly! Power Ledger’s partnership with Changelly will allow POWR to be bought directly with its long list of supported coins.

Changelly’s API offers the potential to be integrated with the Power Ledger’s website, enabling visitors to directly acquire POWR tokens using other popular Cryptocurrencies.

This announcement comes after POWR has performed on Binance, Cryptopia and Bittrex, the other exchange platforms where it already trades. The token became one of the top performers on these exchanges, creating demand from other platforms to list POWR.

“We’re humbled to have over 20,000 current token holders that believe in our mission and want to be a part of making it happen. It is important to us that there are options for potential platform users to buy POWR, therefore we are thrilled to be listed on Changelly and are excited to work with them,” commented Dave Martin, Managing Director of Power Ledger.

Changelly is known in the market for its intuitive interface, low exchange rates and secure transactions. The company has no hidden fees, customers are charged a fixed fee of 0.5% per trade. Changeally is already integrated with the popular Android Coinomi wallet.

Konstantin Gladych, the CEO of Changelly, said: “Power Ledger’s POWR tokens have been one of the best performing tokens of recent weeks and there has been lots of demand for them since the company’s successful ICO. Changelly is delighted to list this popular token, so our many users can trade it on our exchange and get involved in this exciting project.”
juicejoyce
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:14:11 AM

I know the powr is an ICO project that focus on energy distribution. Also, I know some similar projects such as suncontract, TSL, I just want to know what are the advantages over them.

.Ambit.    ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  █████
██
████████████
   Become part of the mining family   
✔ SECURED  │ WHITEPAPER │  ★ 171% ROI
██   
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
██  ██
█████  ██
██
████████████
Isle of Groestl

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 12:39:20 AM

I know the powr is an ICO project that focus on energy distribution. Also, I know some similar projects such as suncontract, TSL, I just want to know what are the advantages over them.
Rather than being a disingenuous leach, do the homework yourself, and bring back information.    Roll Eyes

Have you ever thought of actually adding value to the discussion?
Kulfi

Activity: 1

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 01:41:16 AM

Rather than being a disingenuous leach, do the homework yourself, and bring back information.    Roll Eyes

Have you ever thought of actually adding value to the discussion?

The only reason why I joined and logged on is to tell you what a jerk you are Isle of Groestl. You must have had a rough childhood.
bstewart

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

View Profile
December 21, 2017, 07:47:31 PM

SNC will have a working product early 2018 which imo gives them an advantage in terms of timing. They are also partnered with a large energy company in Slovenia if I recall correctly.

Power has a great team and lots of big named funding like government. They will have a working product in 2019 I think. They are also very skilled at marketing and very active with social media.

I don't know enough about TSL to comment but both SNC and POWR are great tokens to invest in. No need to only pick one, they are working in different areas geographically and both have great teams.
rafzalan

Activity: 714
Merit: 105

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:05:13 AM

SNC will have a working product early 2018 which imo gives them an advantage in terms of timing. They are also partnered with a large energy company in Slovenia if I recall correctly.

Power has a great team and lots of big named funding like government. They will have a working product in 2019 I think. They are also very skilled at marketing and very active with social media.

I don't know enough about TSL to comment but both SNC and POWR are great tokens to invest in. No need to only pick one, they are working in different areas geographically and both have great teams.
Do not forget grid+ , a energy company from consensys with a working product and super professional team that currently focused on texas market.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
JayFKay

Activity: 196

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:46:06 AM

hmmm Slovenia.. versus Australia+China+Thailand+New Zealand.. tough choice haha.

great day for new investors to grab some power in the current dip I just traded in all my Ripple for Power! My 2 sisters and mum both grabbed some at Aud 89c and have seen it go to Aud$1.72 within a couple of weeks.

go team!
nevergone

Activity: 192

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 03:39:57 PM

Do not forget grid+ , a energy company from consensys with a working product and super professional team that currently focused on texas market.
yes, powr has not pumped much recently, it still has a huge potential which we can expect more, just not let poverty limits our imagination
JayFKay

View Profile
December 22, 2017, 11:57:31 PM

wow after the dust has settled from whales clearing out their profits from the entire crypto industry I see Power Ledger is momentarily sitting at the bargain price of U.S. 90c!
Just bought another 2000 thank you!

So I've just been doing a little research subsequent to Power Ledger signing contracts to start trials in Thailand. An article on their facebook says

"The price would be 10-15% cheaper than what they are. currently paying to the Metropolitan Electricity Authority."

So I checked and Thai people currently enjoy electricity prices of US$0.6 - 0.13c per kilowatt hour.

Here is just the countries globally just from A-D who pay as much or much more than Thailand per kilowatt hour.. how much can power save them/us!

America
American Samoa
Argentina (parts not enjoying govt subsidies)
Australia (double the prices)
Belarus
Belgium (double to triple)
Bulgaria
Brazil
Cambodia
Canada, Ontario
Chile (paying double+)
Colombia
Croatia
Curacao
Denmark (paying double to triple)

I won't bore everyone by listing 168 countries but this gives you some insight into how far reaching power will be.

Do yourself and the planet a favour.. trade in your clunky old coal powered Chinese mined bitcoin and get with the sunny future!

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/Corporate/30334247
RayX12

Activity: 952
Merit: 552

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 12:33:06 AM

My take on this GEM..  Ready to move up!
If you are not in POWR, this seems to be a good entry!

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/POWRBTC/gKFFR9Z5-POWR-on-Wave-2-REady-for-big-wave-3/

burnum

Activity: 322

View Profile
December 23, 2017, 02:29:42 AM

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/POWRBTC/gKFFR9Z5-POWR-on-Wave-2-REady-for-big-wave-3/

If your not in now for sure this is a good place to start, POWR team is not pumping and fans do not try to pump, the team really is working on its real application and it will be pumped by the whales-not the supporters.

Send me a message if you need me to respond to a post, or just send me some  $ADA in an amount that will get my attention = addr1qx7g7vzjtk9mcljxjy0vnewaljk33m67d227d95rsak8mmjdq5erwjygc05l6vftwdzy9qd3t4 9spl5kw5k6684gfawqw9r87w
mrjoy15

Activity: 840
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2017, 08:03:06 PM

I guess that, Powr looking like it's ready to take a big run pretty soon so definitely get into it! You guys don't think twice, I'm in from the begining, great project and great team. Purchase whenever have a good amount of money in hand especially at the dip and will buy more!
JayFKay

View Profile
December 24, 2017, 10:28:19 PM

Yes great time to buy POWR in this dip and Power Ledger has just been added to the TDAX exchange - so hello and welcome to everyone joining us from the Thailand region!

Please enjoy a clean and renewable Solar+battery future with POWR's microgrid technology and their fantastic ledger on the blockchain. Not to mention cheaper peer to peer electricity from this 'Airbnb of Electricity!'

Now is the time to trade in all the clunky old bitcoin that's mined in coal fire-powered backed factories in Places like China and even on powerful rigs in first world countries like Australia still using coal. Here is our chance to get ahead of non-progressive governments and out of date energy companies and teach them how serious and determined we the public all are about fighting and abating climate change.
filsid

Activity: 630
Merit: 103

TOKPIE

View Profile
December 25, 2017, 05:29:32 PM

Renewable Energy Trading Comes to Thailand – Power Ledger and BCPG Setting the Pace

Thailand is seeking to improve its electricity production by leveraging solar energy and blockchain technology. Thai-backed BCPG will work with Power Ledger to make this happen.

Renewable energy developers BCPG and Power Ledger have announced plans to introduce peer-to-peer renewable energy trading in Thailand. Solar energy will be at the heart of this undertaking, and it is set to revolutionize electricity production in the country and, hopefully, South East Asia.

http://www.bitcoininsider.org/article/12484/renewable-energy-trading-comes-thailand-power-ledger-and-bcpg-setting-pace

Pages: « 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [81] 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 »
  Print  

Jump to: