Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 05:23:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101101 times)
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 11:13:50 AM

Greetings to all the people behind WinMiner, and all who read this.

First of all, I'd like to say 'thank you', it's been a good 20 days aboard (mostly good), thank you for the product and all that you have done so far....
1. sgminer...
2. The estimated profit numbers - ALL over the place for me....
3. ...there are HUGE differences in profit
4. ...there are a lot of nice not so expensive 2GB VGA cards around me, if I am able to evaluate the possible profit...
Well, you said "help and feedback". This is me, helping and feed-backing. Good night all. With ClathmoreDualEthBlake on R9 270X at the moment - signing off.
Thank you for the warm words  Smiley

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the very important feedback, we especially appreciate your efforts in doing so not in your native tongue.

First let us start by saying that we want WinMiner to be the product of choice for any card type owner – so here is to all the “notsobad” card owners out there – we are here for you!

Sgminer issue – mining Bitcoin is for a long time not feasible on hardware which is not dedicated for Bitcoin. The issue we have had with the coin DMD is now resolved.

Your comment re fluctuating profit metrics is a great opportunity to understand one of the great advantages of WinMiner. But first lets clarify a very important point – WinMiner was created to, and indeed manages our rig farm machines therefore you can rest assured the numbers you see on WinMiner are real and reflect real time data. We do not make up numbers.
The cause of fluctuating metrics is real time changes in the difficulty metric and the coin price metric. If you study these metrics for KRB as an example you will understand how intense the volatility is for this coin.
Now we get to the cool part, with WinMiner you can ride the waves of such volatility to max your profits (you are welcome to see the live comparison here  https://www.screenleap.com/winminer) – WinMiner continuously monitors and takes advantage of this volatility for your benefit. You can always decide to avoid coins with high volatility by unchecking them on your settings screen, but then again why not enjoy the extra profit? Anyway the steering wheel is in your hands..

We work hard to make WinMiner do all the hard work for us and for you, but there is one thing it can not, and no one else can do, and that is visibility into the future. No one knows what the difficulty and prices of coins will be in the next 10 seconds let alone in the next month, so unfortunately there is no way to guarantee the rate of return on your hardware investment. You simply have to make a decision whether you jump in knowing there is zero visibility. If its of any comfort, you are not alone in this dilemma, yet we think it will be fare to say that to this date we doubt if anyone regrets jumping in, the real regret is probably not jumping in with a mightier computing power… Smiley but then again this is not a recommendation to buy or not to buy hardware. If you do jump in, we believe you will be very happy running WinMiner on your rig and so will we.

Finally, your comment on the user interface is noted, we are considering how to do that without overloading the screen with too much confusing data. Stay tuned.

Hope this clarifies.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
_Dejan_

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 02:21:00 PM

Im install software but it do not work... It need some email to sign in but when I write it it refuse to login. also on offical page there is no registration form ... And support didn't reply on email in 3 days ... How I can try this software?
Do you have plan release this softwre also for linux?
Thanks for reaching out. The email address is critical for the operation of WinMiner since the owner of the email address is the owner of the profits generated by WInMiner. That is why we have added an extra step in which users, after registering receive an email asking them to click on a validation link. This way both us and you can be sure that no mistake was made in entering the email address.
Please click the validation link in the email you received from us and shortly thereafter your balance will show on the account.
Sorry for the inconvenience with the correspondence with our support - we will look into this.
Linux version - sorry but currently we have no plans for it.
We hope you will enjoy WinMiner  Smiley
Let us know if you encounter any issues.

I didn't receive any email with link... Im send message by contact form to "Join alpha users" and receive password to download installation but without link...

Q2C: GfFqmNJmoXi4TGvXugRGrHL9yiN4NBwhvX
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:54:09 PM

I didn't receive any email with link...
Sorry for that - just go to www.winminer.com and use the download link with the password you received.
Our support team  is available to help with any issue (support@winminer.com), they have confirmed being in touch with you  Smiley

_Dejan_

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:45:05 PM

I didn't receive any email with link...
Sorry for that - just go to www.winminer.com and use the download link with the password you received.
Our support team  is available to help with any issue (support@winminer.com), they have confirmed being in touch with you  Smiley

Im send email to support and we can talk by emails Smiley

LeBibliothecaire

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 07:48:41 PM

Smiley Thanks for the kind words, noted!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently bug catching is a tough job.

You did play with WinMiner these last few days,  Roll Eyes because among other things changed the new version it seems nullifies some preferences - in my case allowed miners list. Not sure about that, will check next update. And also more importantly - it seems you have been playing with miners. I've noticed it, when got home from work and found sgminer screen stuck black and apparently frozen, and behind it winminer doing nothing. Until recently when sgminer was tested and rejected it was like dosprompt windows popping up, giving error inside and closing, and next miner (sometimes other sgminer) took place until good one gets to work. Now it seems while bench-marking  when it's sgminer's time - it crashes with "send/don't send" message, and not rolling on until that message is closed manually with "oh f#@$ off" button. Hold on, I'll clear the benchmark results to force it again and try capturing it.

yep, god it:

crash 1 : http://imgur.com/a/vNvAn

crash 2 : few seconds after closing crash 1 with "close that error" button : http://imgur.com/a/3NF8O

There was another one, but it's ok with 2 images i think. You can see clearly from at least 3 places on that screen that the machine is doing nothing at the moment. I'll tick off all sgminers from miners list for now, will monitor things still. Sorry if that's bad news for the developers, don't shoot the messenger  Wink

Goodnight gentleman =]
_Dejan_

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:50:30 PM

@LeBibliothecaire: Try enable all miners except SgminerDiamond then on Benchmark clear results and start service again. For me SGMinerDiamond crash and application do not finish benchmark and use only KRB coin...

LeBibliothecaire

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 05:20:03 AM

Try enable all miners except SgminerDiamond ...

Yes, that's exactly what I did last night, to avoid problems of this kind, so far so good Smiley Will see. Thx =]
pacman88

Activity: 7

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:44:44 AM

@Team WinMiner

Can you please add the option to start WinMiner minimised? As in, if we have it selected to be in Farm Mode and auto start and all that, can you add the option to start minimised so it doesn't disrupt the user?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 10:58:41 AM

My first post here!...... Been using it for a few days now and it's a great idea! Very easy to use, super simple, which is I guess what you were going for.
Welcome on board! and thanks for your support and kind words.

However, there's room for improvement.
Even greater thanks for sending us the important feedback that can help us become better every day.

Firstly, it seems quite inconsistent with how it calculates earnings - like the guy above me said....
It seems that WinMiner fluctuates A LOT with mining XMR for $.30 a day to KRB for $.70 a day. How come? Is this due to the currencies changing in value so frequently or what?...  Is it possible that the currency is changing in value so quickly and so frequently?

(1) Winminer reports only true and real numbers.
(2) Certain coins experience high fluctuations in price as well as mining difficulty e.g. KRB
(3) WinMiner takes advantage of price and difficulty fluctuations to max profits
(4) You can choose to avoid coins with high fluctuations and enjoy more stable, yet lower, profits.
Please look at our full response to this matter - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.msg20711549#msg20711549

Also, I am doing CPU mining, so I will only have CPUs selected to do mining and not GPUs. However, even with the on board GPU displayed in the Available mining devices and unselected, it still says Mining: KRB @ xxxh/s = $$$ - and it's the exact same number as the above CPUs. Does that mean it's really using the GPU to mine too, or not? Very confusing.
Sounds like a bug :-)
Sorry for that. Could you please send us log files? (Help>Send error reports, make sure "send log files" is checked, and please write your nickname so we can know its from you) This will really help us track it down quickly.

I am mining through a VM, so was wondering what the best config for CPU would be - how to configure the CPU bit? Are results likely to be the same if I configure the VM with 1 CPU with 16 cores or 16 separate CPUs with 1 core?
This is a great point to clarify - There are a couple of things to remember re virtual machines:
(1) the sum of multiple VM instances can not be greater and will almost certainly be lower than the performance of the host machine;
(2) A GPU can only be allocated to one "machine, either real or virtual (dont expect to have the GPU allocated to multiple VMs)

Does anyone have experience in whether it's better to use Linux & NiceHash or other apps instead of Windows? I heard it's usually better on Linux but didn't really have that experience, so I'm not sure what to think. My knowledge is limited so it might be that I didn't configure something properly :'D .
Linux allows for greater creativity in rig buiding - e.g. more GPUs etc. but should not provide different performance vs. Windows.

Also, would it be good to invest in a good GPU to do some mining? If so, what are your recommendations? Smiley
A good GPU will increase your profits considerably. There are many calculators out there ranking GPUs based on their anticipated return. Just remember that no one knows what will happen to digital coin prices in 10 seconds let alone a month.
Read the full response on this matter https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2004875.msg20711549#msg20711549

Why is it when I open Task Manager, CPU utilisation isn't 100% when WinMiner is mining?
Great question - it all boils down to the architecture of the CPU and the manner in which the mining algorithm can use it. Some algos utlize specific computing capabilities, some functionalities are per core others per thread, so the fact the CPU consumption is not showing 100% does not mean that the CPU is not giving all it has to the mining of a specific algo.

Keep up the good work guys!
We promise to do our best!  Smiley

pleno_miner

Activity: 11

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 02:19:36 PM

Could you please keep us updated which changes to the app? I'm sure everyone is interested in what features were added and what was changed. I see that we alreaady have 1.70 while there is only information about changes to version 1.66. thanks in advance.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:04:14 PM

Could you please keep us updated which changes to the app? I'm sure everyone is interested in what features were added and what was changed. I see that we alreaady have 1.70 while there is only information about changes to version 1.66. thanks in advance.
Sorry, Updated Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:19:37 PM

@Team WinMiner
Can you please add the option to start WinMiner minimised? As in, if we have it selected to be in Farm Mode and auto start and all that, can you add the option to start minimised so it doesn't disrupt the user?
Great point! Thank you.
Added to the wish list.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 09, 2017, 03:37:55 PM

Smiley Thanks for the kind words, noted!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but apparently bug catching is a tough job.
Don't worry - you are doing great!
You did play with WinMiner these last few days,  Roll Eyes because among other things changed the new version it seems nullifies some preferences - in my case allowed miners list. Not sure about that, will check next update. And also more importantly - it seems you have been playing with miners. I've noticed it, when got home from work and found sgminer screen stuck black and apparently frozen, and behind it winminer doing nothing. Until recently when sgminer was tested and rejected it was like dosprompt windows popping up, giving error inside and closing, and next miner (sometimes other sgminer) took place until good one gets to work. Now it seems while bench-marking  when it's sgminer's time - it crashes with "send/don't send" message, and not rolling on until that message is closed manually with "oh f#@$ off" button. Hold on, I'll clear the benchmark results to force it again and try capturing it.
It will be even more great if you could send us log files (Help>Send Error Report; make sure "send log files" option is checked; and add your nicjname so that we know its you). This will assist us in nailing this bug down.
Sorry if that's bad news for the developers, don't shoot the messenger  Wink
Goodnight gentleman =]
We don't shoot the meesenger.. on the contrary, we salute you  Smiley with your help we will be able iron out another bug.. Smiley
olddarkstar

Activity: 105

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 09:39:14 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 09:50:47 AM by olddarkstar

Dear winminer team & dear miners,
just my 1081 $cents
I gave winminer a small trial period 8 days with a very light powerd system.
: Dual Xeon E5645, 16 gb ram & a single R9 270 (I swaped some cards  the first days: from nvidia quadro 4000 to R9 270x and to R9 270 all worked well)
I was always able to work on the system even that it was configured as allways on in farm mode.
only watching youtube  broke system performance.

my first resume is : Wow t y it worked well.

The winminer team is quick in bug fixing and tries to make a dummy proof simple and easy to use service.
after 8 days i saw the minimum withdraw ballance that is 10$ via btc other than noted on the website (5$).

I thought to test such a service it needs to proof if it realy gives me a profit.
The ballance was 10.81$ and after i saw the conversion rate I nearly fainted :

Amount: 10.81$ = 0.00306605 BTC
WinMiner fees: 0.00009198 BTC
Transaction fees: 0.0001 BTC
Total: 0.00287407 BTC

The actual course per btc was about 3.359,2096 $ that time

but anyhow it is a great service just installing a very easy to use  software and getting btc or USD via paypal without any further knowlledege or much todo`s.

some other points that I like to share:
security: this software could possibly kill your system software or leak other data on your system because running as admin. better use it on mining only systems.
transparency: I would like to know whom to trust that much.

my requests for enhancemd and wishes are more transparency, more and better withdraw possibillities, more stats and infos on the webpage (as you wrote before you like to keep the software interface clean), a run minimized or run as service option, the previously anounced portable version, the possibility to set temperature and fan limits (gpu temps over 80°C are not healthy for my gpu`s)

maybe a bug: it shows both CPUS with mining.. and a total for each CPU but only counts one. since  i have abut 50% systemload the  count of only one cpu is ok but it leads to wrong expectations.

while writing this I am still waiting for the  btc`s to arrive at my wallet but my sytem generated 0.13$ again (english is not my native language ;-) )

MrRig

Activity: 118

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:32:55 AM

Dear winminer team & dear miners,
just my 1081 $cents
I gave winminer a small trial period 8 days with a very light powerd system.
: Dual Xeon E5645, 16 gb ram & a single R9 270 (I swaped some cards  the first days: from nvidia quadro 4000 to R9 270x and to R9 270 all worked well)
I was always able to work on the system even that it was configured as allways on in farm mode.
only watching youtube  broke system performance.

my first resume is : Wow t y it worked well.

The winminer team is quick in bug fixing and tries to make a dummy proof simple and easy to use service.
after 8 days i saw the minimum withdraw ballance that is 10$ via btc other than noted on the website (5$).

I thought to test such a service it needs to proof if it realy gives me a profit.
The ballance was 10.81$ and after i saw the conversion rate I nearly fainted :

Amount: 10.81$ = 0.00306605 BTC
WinMiner fees: 0.00009198 BTC
Transaction fees: 0.0001 BTC
Total: 0.00287407 BTC

The actual course per btc was about 3.359,2096 $ that time

but anyhow it is a great service just installing a very easy to use  software and getting btc or USD via paypal without any further knowlledege or much todo`s.

some other points that I like to share:
security: this software could possibly kill your system software or leak other data on your system because running as admin. better use it on mining only systems.
transparency: I would like to know whom to trust that much.

my requests for enhancemd and wishes are more transparency, more and better withdraw possibillities, more stats and infos on the webpage (as you wrote before you like to keep the software interface clean), a run minimized or run as service option, the previously anounced portable version, the possibility to set temperature and fan limits (gpu temps over 80°C are not healthy for my gpu`s)

maybe a bug: it shows both CPUS with mining.. and a total for each CPU but only counts one. since  i have abut 50% systemload the  count of only one cpu is ok but it leads to wrong expectations.

while writing this I am still waiting for the  btc`s to arrive at my wallet but my sytem generated 0.13$ again (english is not my native language ;-) )

Don't forget your electricity costs...

Libre Bazaar - A Decentralized Anonymous MarketplacePre-ICOAnnouncement Thread
Blockchain and Data Storage Network Coupled With P2P Anonymous Networking
User Friendly ▲▼ Anonymous ▲▼ Community Driven
olddarkstar

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:45:37 AM

Don't forget your electricity costs...

if i would have to pay for the electricity i would start to benefit if btc would rise much more.
I will try the paypal payout next time but minimum is 20$.

After a few other test`s i will try it on a small mining rig with mixed elder R9 gpu`s gpu mining only.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:03:43 AM

Happy Friday, happy news -  

- v1.71a - released (changes updated in the thread - we learn..) but for your convenience we are listing them here as well:
(i) Remember last window position.
(ii) Message system improvements
(iii) Added checkbox for Start in Minimized

- Portable version is released (you asked for it. we promised it. better late than never...)
(i) It automatically updates
(ii) Recommended to run it in a separate dedicated folder - since it will create additional files and folders.

- New coin for withdrawals - Ethereum

That is it for now. Happy mining everyone  Smiley
olddarkstar

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 09:57:03 AM

thank you for the improvements
that will be a happy testing weekend
preda

Activity: 756
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 12:22:11 PM

Happy Friday, happy news -  

- v1.71a - released (changes updated in the thread - we learn..) but for your convenience we are listing them here as well:
(i) Remember last window position.
(ii) Message system improvements
(iii) Added checkbox for Start in Minimized

- Portable version is released (you asked for it. we promised it. better late than never...)
(i) It automatically updates
(ii) Recommended to run it in a separate dedicated folder - since it will create additional files and folders.

- New coin for withdrawals - Ethereum

That is it for now. Happy mining everyone  Smiley

Hi thanks lots i like your program a lots

I tried the last 1.71 version
It start benchmark eth and zcash then it stops saying no job from server why? You just allow to mine zcash and eth? Removed tge others coins?
thaskunk

Activity: 13

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 01:02:38 PM

Any chance the website will be able to do a bit more advanced statistics in the future?

At a minimum, assign worker ID's and see how much/day each system is actually generating

Stretch goal, be able to input my power costs and determine which machines are/are not turning a profit

Right now, I have 4 boxes connected (possible 5th en route) and would like to know which are actually generating income so that I can upgrade/shut down as needed.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: