Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:25:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101101 times)
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 01:44:22 AM

I cannot get it running on Win Server 2012. Tried several machines, everywhere it says that it cannot download the miner, because of windows defender.
Yes I also wonder why in other computers that I tried installing this, that it says the miner cannot be downloaded because of the windows defender.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
We are looking into this.
Stay tuned.. Smiley
4ward

Activity: 473
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 02:28:54 PM

ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteGPU 9.5 and 9.7 and ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteCPU 3.5 always throws
UNKNOWN OPTION -rand
UNKNOWN OPTION 4699383
(the number is changing every time)
but works fine

Also, some non default dcri values can increase profitability (on AMD -dcri 35 works slightly better than 30). Please add an option to change it manually

ClaymoreZcash 12.5
always fails benchmark, after a few seconds starts 2nd copy of miner and then 3rd and kills the first two and then dies without result

SgminerDiamond 4.1.0
benchmark always fails with
sgminer.exe: --description: unrecognized option

Sgminer 5.5.1 and SgminerVTC 5.1.0
Don't start at all, WinMiner doesn't download them.

tested with both CPU and GPU enabled on RX480/Core i5

taosk8r

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 29, 2017, 06:22:40 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2017, 06:34:28 PM by taosk8r

Posted this on your reddit thread, but idk that you are watching it, clear you are watching this, so:

First off, Im super impressed. Ive been looking for something similar to NH/MG in terms of interface, and this really nails it! Im really new to all this, and although its featureset is impressive (especially the ability to use an alternative to coinwarz to determine profitability - I think the dream would be something that would average profitability math across multiple sites), I have found that something like Awesome miner is just too much to configure for someone like me who is small scale enough to where 40 cents a day is good profits, lol.

Possible bug: I configured it not to run at startup in the options, but it still ran (edit I see another report here).

Feature requests : on the website graph show which coins were mined on hover on the bars would be awesome. Would also be nice if I could see what various coins I mined and my total holding in those individual coins. I would also really like something like an autoconverting payout in selected coins like prohashing if that could eventually be managed (so far that feature is unique to them afaik).

IDK if there is an option to report GPU temps from the miners that show them, and account for that information when determining profitability (because it has to stop mining for a few cycles when it goes over 90 degrees), but there is one miner that constantly overheats my GPU, and Id like to have some way to determine which one that is so I can disable it without watching every window that pops up like a hawk.

Really looking forward to the promised more CUDA miners, and although it isnt a super priority for me as Im not currently using other computers, I think a portable option (unzip and run) would be kinda cool in addition to that other guy.
pleno_miner

Activity: 11

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 11:04:40 AM

Paypal and bitcoin withdraw don't work. I tried both and it writes "Insufficient balance".
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 03:21:17 PM

Paypal and bitcoin withdraw don't work. I tried both and it writes "Insufficient balance".

Fixed ! Thanks for alerting, this is due to the preparation for today's possible BTC fork Smiley
Jonesy

Activity: 10

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:49:08 AM

Having a problem with benchmarking, it benchmarks Hush coin then continues into mining. Doesn't benchmark any other coins. Have all coins set and all miners.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 04:29:21 PM

Having a problem with benchmarking, it benchmarks Hush coin then continues into mining. Doesn't benchmark any other coins. Have all coins set and all miners.
WinMiner's latest version offers two modes of benchmarking, the default one, called express, uses crowd wisdom to quickly set each device to work on what is probably the most profitable coin for it, it then goes on every 30 mins or so to test additional coin at a time until it finishes a whole cycle of benchmarking. It then begins monitoring for best performance. In this mode you get up and running quickly with great performance while making sure your machine is fully optimized at the end of the process.
The second mode is a traditional full cycle benchmarking which tries out all options until a winner is found and then monitors for making sure you are always optimized.
You are welcome to choose which one suits you better - express is the default mode and can be turned off by unchecking it in the settings screen (which will activate the traditional benchmarking)
Hope this clarifies  Smiley

TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:35:10 PM

Posted this on your reddit thread, but idk that you are watching it, clear you are watching this, so:
First off, Im super impressed..
I think the dream would be something that would average profitability math across multiple sites..... for someone like me who is small scale enough to where 40 cents a day is good profits, lol.
Thank you for the warm words and the important feedback!!
Nothing gets better than fulfilling dreams  Smiley
Possible bug: I configured it not to run at startup in the options, but it still ran (edit I see another report here).
Fixed - please check and let us know if there is still  any issue.
Feature requests : on the website graph show which coins were mined on hover on the bars would be awesome. Would also be nice if I could see what various coins I mined and my total holding in those individual coins. I would also really like something like an autoconverting payout in selected coins like prohashing if that could eventually be managed (so far that feature is unique to them afaik).
Very interesting, though it is important to remember that WinMiner currency is USD (we may offer a user choice on this later on) and so user balance is in USD and coins mined are exchanged into USD.
IDK if there is an option to report GPU temps from the miners that show them, and account for that information when determining profitability (because it has to stop mining for a few cycles when it goes over 90 degrees), but there is one miner that constantly overheats my GPU, and Id like to have some way to determine which one that is so I can disable it without watching every window that pops up like a hawk.
Good news - this is already down in the production floor..
Really looking forward to the promised more CUDA miners
Working on it.
I think a portable option (unzip and run) would be kinda cool in addition to that other guy.
This is still on schedule for this week. Stay tuned  Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:57:44 PM

ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteGPU 9.5 and 9.7 and ClaymoreOldCryptoNoteCPU 3.5 always throws
UNKNOWN OPTION -rand
UNKNOWN OPTION 4699383
(the number is changing every time)
but works fine
Not to worry.. this is how it should be working
Also, some non default dcri values can increase profitability (on AMD -dcri 35 works slightly better than 30). Please add an option to change it manually
We hear you. This is already on our wish list (and we will now be adding an esclamation mark next to it. Smiley)
ClaymoreZcash 12.5
always fails benchmark, after a few seconds starts 2nd copy of miner and then 3rd and kills the first two and then dies without result
It would really be great if you could send us the log files after a WinMiner session with ClaymoreZcash 12.5, and please mention your nickname. We promise to look into this asap.
SgminerDiamond 4.1.0
Sgminer 5.5.1 and SgminerVTC 5.1.0
We believe these are related and working on a fix.

Thank you for sending this important feedback!
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 10:17:46 PM

im using rx 460 2gb to dual mine music+dcr. Somtimes miner set the -dcri to 70 and this make less $$. I can adjust manually by press +- key, but claymore crash every time when it mine for devfee. Any fix for this ?
Thanks for the feedback.
This is a known issue for GPUs with less than 4gb. Nevertheless, we are working on a solution for such cards. will advise as soon as its out.
elpsycongro

Activity: 307
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 03:32:05 AM

I gotta say this is the best mining software suit i have used in a while , my old Radeon 7850  is being useful its pretty nice  for what otherwise would be a shelved GPU , everytime i think this is as good as it gets a new version pops up that makes it better Grin Grin

TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 04:09:11 PM

I gotta say this is the best mining software suit i have used in a while , my old Radeon 7850  is being useful its pretty nice  for what otherwise would be a shelved GPU , everytime i think this is as good as it gets a new version pops up that makes it better Grin Grin
Thank you so much!!
You made our day  Smiley
taosk8r

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 06:51:42 PM

I didnt realize this auto exchanged to USD.. Im mining to hold coins, so I guess Ill keep looking.. Thanks for all the responses, though, and best of luck in the future!
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 02, 2017, 11:31:26 PM

I didnt realize this auto exchanged to USD.. Im mining to hold coins, so I guess Ill keep looking.. Thanks for all the responses, though, and best of luck in the future!

Thanks. You can keep withdrawing and keep your profits in BTC if you so wish.
You may also want to check again with us shortly, as we are considering offering the option for users  to change base currency on WinMiner to their preferred coin/s.
_Dejan_

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 05:32:17 AM

Im install software but it do not work... It need some email to sign in but when I write it it refuse to login. also on offical page there is no registration form ... And support didn't reply on email in 3 days ... How I can try this software?
Do you have plan release this softwre also for linux?

Q2C: GfFqmNJmoXi4TGvXugRGrHL9yiN4NBwhvX
Jranti14

Activity: 2

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 07:51:16 AM

Hi Winminer,

Is it possible to add eth+sia algo? Its very profitable in Nicehash Legacy, If you add this in your miner many people will choose this than nicehash since it has 4% fee. Thanks
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:34:20 PM

Im install software but it do not work... It need some email to sign in but when I write it it refuse to login. also on offical page there is no registration form ... And support didn't reply on email in 3 days ... How I can try this software?
Do you have plan release this softwre also for linux?
Thanks for reaching out. The email address is critical for the operation of WinMiner since the owner of the email address is the owner of the profits generated by WInMiner. That is why we have added an extra step in which users, after registering receive an email asking them to click on a validation link. This way both us and you can be sure that no mistake was made in entering the email address.
Please click the validation link in the email you received from us and shortly thereafter your balance will show on the account.
Sorry for the inconvenience with the correspondence with our support - we will look into this.
Linux version - sorry but currently we have no plans for it.
We hope you will enjoy WinMiner  Smiley
Let us know if you encounter any issues.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 04:35:56 PM

Hi Winminer,

Is it possible to add eth+sia algo? Its very profitable in Nicehash Legacy, If you add this in your miner many people will choose this than nicehash since it has 4% fee. Thanks
Thanks for the important feedback  Smiley

We will look into this.
LeBibliothecaire

Activity: 3

View Profile
August 05, 2017, 10:40:41 PM

Greetings to all the people behind WinMiner, and all who read this.

First of all, I'd like to say 'thank you', it's been a good 20 days aboard (mostly good), thank you for the product and all that you have done so far. We, the guys with 2GB VGA memory "notsobad" cards ( Cool ), or those with second to none technical skills with miners (I guess), do appreciate the existence of your creation. As you get small part of our computational work - this is happy relationship and I hope it will be more so. This it why I am writing. There are some questions I'd like to address, feel free to respond or ignore me, I mean no ones harm, please forgive my English, it is not my native and not as good as I like it to be, if I offend with some words or misuse them - sorry in advance. Oh - and there are some pictures too. So...

1. sgminer and unrecognized option and all things already said here - will not repeat, but it will be great. Back in the days when bitcoins was so easily mined and dwell in between 5 and 20$ and was sold for that  Cry - I've had some pretty good results with sgminer. Pretty consistent. Yes - consistensy, onward...

2. The estimated profit numbers - ALL over the place for me. With many miners and coins. And winminer is looking me in the eyes and tells me lies. May be it is just me, but I do have 2 monitors and keep an eye on both Winminer GUI and miner command prompt window while reading - the hashrate stays (relatively) constant, but even on 1 session - the expected reward swings sometimes 300% back and forth and back again. Most of the time more like 50 to 100%, which is irritating enough, so to want to do something about it. Is it from the miner, is it from the pool, is it from me, should i move to other miner, what can I do...? The picture below shows mining KRB in 18 minutes time - same hashrate, once it is showing 1.90$/day profit, after a very short while - 1.01$/day. Then back up again. And have seen like 0.60$/day. In a matter of minutes. Why? What number is the real number I get. How can i make decision on what to mine with what to mine if I don't have proper information. Should I take it off the list of currencies i mine? How can I take it off if it is my "best" coin? What is then my best coin?
BTW showing KRB as experiencing largest fluctuations of numbers shown with it. There are more currencies with similar behavior. Today I looked around some mining calculators around the net and putting in my hardware i get like 0.44$/day with KRB. Not that will complain if you give me, like 1.20$/day for something that costs 0.44$/day, but it is not good, generally speaking, and if it is showing 1.20 and I get 0.44 is ... well, not good. You get my point.

First image is from 03.08.2017, when i start thinking about writing you about this, so made some screenshots, to back up my words.
http://imgur.com/a/vxAB9

And 3 hours ago, still auto on choosing what/where/with what to mine
http://imgur.com/a/pIBJ9

3. I know you guys work on this hard, and I see progress and things added, refined and polished. I salute you for your work. But some things are rough. Basic ones. Look at the picture below. It is me, spontaneously zooming my days work, random day, on the website, 'Statistics' tab, 12 hours interval, took the same 03.08.2017 for example, but when scroll back and forth it's more or less the same every day. "The WinMiner software analyzes each systems and automatically determines which miner to use and which coin to mine .... in order to maximize the return." . Well, it tries. But sometimes misses I guess. I have not been on the computer at this time. The bar interval is 10 minutes, as it illustrates better (I think). And for those using speech engines tired of reading will sum it up - there are HUGE differences in profit, from 0.00087$ in 10 minutes, trough 0.009$ in 10 minutes, to 0.015$ in 10 minutes (for faster readers - count the zeros). The difference (for 10 minutes work in 6 hours interval) is 17.35 times. Or in percentage - 1735%. Bit of a scary number. This cannot be explained with the program bench-marking, the internet gone, or the price of the specific coin up or down. If the pool we're connected goes off I've seen winminer starting again, so it is not that too.
http://imgur.com/a/19BWo

For me - it's the program choosing not the best job there is. Or it is an issue connected with the one I spoke earlier (p.2). That goes again choosing not the best job there is and so on and on...

4. Here is another, this time suggestion, I think no one have mentioned it and can be pretty useful. It can resolve partially at least (or for the most part) "numbers" and "consistency" deviations. And can be beneficial to us all.
The program (winminer) does collect data while it works. It's on the statistics page on the website. I doubt that is all from the logs. Or that it can be all from logs. So it is possible to collect, and split up, and visualize for a given period of time "anyone's" specific hardware configuration's work. For the day, may be better I think, or whatever suits you. For that period for  - what WAS the most profitable coin, or miner, or coin/miner duo that have worked on YOUR machine. With something visual, like bars with numbers, horizontal with different length, for a fair (statistically) amount of time. Like "for the last 24 hours you've had  X, Y, Z coins mined (with corresponding miner, and/or any other info) AND for that 24 hours you have mined coin X at rate 0.0065$ per 10 minutes, coin Y at rate 0.0059$ per 10 minutes, coin Z... etc. You get it? I will not post a picture of 'stacked bar chart'  Grin , if someone needs one - Microsoft Word / Insert menu/ Charts or google it. This way one can decide for real what is more profitable for his hardware to mine. For that moment in time, at least. Because honestly - I never got those 2.22$/day from the second picture. Nor the 1.57$/day.

The reason writing for the last more than hour is - now I have my machine, and for 20 hours per day it does nothing, and I am using it with WinMiner. Since the ETH became... well... hard to mine - there are a lot of nice not so expensive 2GB VGA cards around me, if I am able to evaluate the possible profit of a card with WinMiner I can build relatively inexpensive rig and give it a go. WinMiner is a very welcome option for me, esp. with the ability to choose what to mine with what miner to mine, backups are awesome, but all in the end for me goes to simple calculation - if I invest thousands of $$ in 8 cards rig it will mater how fast those come back. It will no longer be a matter of 1.20 or 1.50$/day Smiley But I need reliable Winminer for that.

Well, you said "help and feedback". This is me, helping and feed-backing. Good night all. With ClathmoreDualEthBlake on R9 270X at the moment - signing off.
pacman88

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:53:37 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2017, 11:54:19 AM by pacman88

My first post here!

I just recently started researching and exploring the world of crypto currencies and stumbled upon WinMiner. Been using it for a few days now and it's a great idea!
Very easy to use, super simple, which is I guess what you were going for.
However, there's room for improvement.
Firstly, it seems quite inconsistent with how it calculates earnings - like the guy above me said.
Also, I am doing CPU mining, so I will only have CPUs selected to do mining and not GPUs. However, even with the on board GPU displayed in the Available mining devices and unselected, it still says Mining: KRB @ xxxh/s = $$$ - and it's the exact same number as the above CPUs. Does that mean it's really using the GPU to mine too, or not? Very confusing.
I am mining through a VM, so was wondering what the best config for CPU would be - how to configure the CPU bit? Are results likely to be the same if I configure the VM with 1 CPU with 16 cores or 16 separate CPUs with 1 core?

Does anyone have experience in whether it's better to use Linux & NiceHash or other apps instead of Windows? I heard it's usually better on Linux but didn't really have that experience, so I'm not sure what to think. My knowledge is limited so it might be that I didn't configure something properly :'D .

It seems that WinMiner fluctuates A LOT with mining XMR for $.30 a day to KRB for $.70 a day. How come? Is this due to the currencies changing in value so frequently or what? Obviously it's better if I mine KRB for $.70 per day than XMR for $.30 a day. But WinMiner changes between them automatically and when I want to put it back to KRB manually, I get a tiny number like $.20 - even though it was showing $.70 just a moment ago? Is it possible that the currency is changing in value so quickly and so frequently?

Also, would it be good to invest in a good GPU to do some mining? If so, what are your recommendations? Smiley

Keep up the good work guys!

Thanks (y)

EDIT: One more thing I noticed - Why is it when I open Task Manager, CPU utilisation isn't 100% when WinMiner is mining? Most computers show around 50% CPU utilisation and only one of computers is showing around 80% CPU utilisation by NsCPUCNMiner64.exe. All of them are configured to be in "Farm Mode" mining. Am I right that it should be 100% utilisation or what am I missing? Would appreciate an answer as I want to maximise utilisation on these machines.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: