Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 03:02:29 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  
Author Topic: WinMiner v1.126a - auto switch windows app for multi miner optimization  (Read 101101 times)
skyviper80

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:19:18 PM

TeamWinMiner,
Since the addition of the fan, temp, power monitors I have noticed on our rigs that it fails to show the status of AMD cards if there are 7+ GPUs installed. As mentioned in prior posts we run 12 card systems with 6 AMD and 6 NVIDIA cards in them. In all our systems the 6 NVIDIA cards show the Fan, Temp and GPU Power but the AMD cards show nothing. Also, we have one system that has 7 AMD cards that does not show any of the aforementioned features. However, if we drop the card count to 6 or less all features are present in pure AMD, pure NVIDIA, or even mixed deployments. The catalyst seems to be the addition of the 7th card in which AMD cards will show nothing. It does not affect the performance of the systems and is a novelty feature for us.
Let me know whatever you need and I'll shoot it over to you, logs, screenshots etc.
Thanks,
SkyViper
Dear Skyviper,
Thank you for reporting this and for your help!
We definitely want to fix that  Smiley
Best info for us would be:
(1) Logs from the mixed 12 GPU rig
(2) Logs from the 6 GPU rig - when everything works well
(3) Logs from the same rig when you add one more GPU (7 GPUs in total) and the features cease to show
Please write your name and a short description for each file you send (in the comments section of the send error report feature)
Thanks so much for your support!

All logs submitted, sent you guys log files for the 7 GPU AMD rig with 6 GPUs installed and 7 GPUs installed. Also sent you a log file with 12 GPUs installed for two systems, one all AMD system and a mixed AMD/NVIDIA system.

Thanks,
SkyViper
TeamWinMiner (OP)

Activity: 423
Merit: 105

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 02:57:59 PM

Super Wednesday everyone!

Hope you enjoy v1.111a that we have released yesterday  Smiley
Apart from bug fixes and a new miner software for Lyra2v2 on AMD cards, it also boasts a very important change to the benchmark algo.

Some of you have complained in the past that the benchmark algo is not sufficiently optimized and that it runs too often.
We listened and are in total agreement with that observation. We therefore went on to make several important changes (more changes on the way) to the benchmark algorithm that should provide significantly less benchmark test times and more efficient utilization of your hardware.

You should be able to notice that:
- We got rid of the once every 24hrs full benchmark session cycle (when on express mode).
- Express benchmark mode (default) will benchmark the most profitable coin, based on crowd wisdom, and will not require any further benchmark checks if performance is in line with the crowd wisdom data. It will use crowd wisdom and actual performance data on the specific machine to optimize.
- On going optimization looks at both crowd wisdom data and actual machine performance at greater frequency to make the most of the existing hardware.  

We are eager to hear any feedback you may have on the performance of the new benchmark algo so we can fine tune it,  for optimal performance.

Thanks for the support! the feedback! and for using WinMiner  Smiley
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 03:20:29 PM

All logs submitted, sent you guys log files for the 7 GPU AMD rig with 6 GPUs installed and 7 GPUs installed. Also sent you a log file with 12 GPUs installed for two systems, one all AMD system and a mixed AMD/NVIDIA system.
Thanks,
SkyViper
Thank you!
Logs analyzed and email response with next steps sent to you  Smiley
skyviper80

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 04:20:53 PM

Thanks,
SkyViper
Thank you!

Logs sent from new client version.
Firefox Italy

Activity: 198
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:23:34 AM

I tried on my 1050ti x 6 rig and worked well... Good work... Just a question.. I live in Italy.. I tried eu/Europe in "location ' but it was not accepted.. I'm using US. Any info about?
Panto

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:24:42 AM

I'm making about 1.5 dollar on winminer with my 1080 today. Almost halved in about a day or two. While nicehash has also gone down a bit, it's no where near what winminer has done. Does anyone have any theories?
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:37:18 AM

I'm making about 1.5 dollar on winminer with my 1080 today. Almost halved in about a day or two. While nicehash has also gone down a bit, it's no where near what winminer has done. Does anyone have any theories?
Send support [at] winminer [.] com your email address (the one you use for your WinMiner account) and we will quickly take a look and get back to you.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 12:22:23 PM

Thanks,
SkyViper
Thank you!
Thank you! that was very helpful.
We have identified the issue and Devteam is working on a fix - hopefully to be released with the next version.  Smiley
skyviper80

View Profile
February 25, 2018, 03:59:36 PM

Thanks,
SkyViper
Thank you!
Thank you! that was very helpful.
We have identified the issue and Devteam is working on a fix - hopefully to be released with the next version.  Smiley

Got the latest build from TeamWinMiner and it resolved our issue with reporting stats. Also, CPU utilization on our 12GPU rigs has decreased from 99% to 68% with this build.

Thanks guys!!
Panto

Activity: 12

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 07:18:04 PM

Winminer keeps starting with windows, even tough ive disabled the option on winminer and on msconfig. Suggestions please ?
Texacha

Activity: 480
Merit: 68

View Profile
February 28, 2018, 11:28:07 PM

Winminer keeps starting with windows, even tough ive disabled the option on winminer and on msconfig. Suggestions please ?
Unistall , like I did  Grin

I have no affiliate link, no bounty, no signature campaign... Only Proof Of Work!
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
March 01, 2018, 09:10:48 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Will gladly help - can you please send us log file (Help > Send Error Reprot; and write your nickname and the issue in the comments section)
We will quickly take a look and get back to you.
InfiniteImp

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 06:14:53 PM
Last edit: March 03, 2018, 07:28:06 PM by InfiniteImp

Both my machines stopped mining ETN overnight.  CPUs are enabled but were sitting idle.  I had previously disabled SUMO so I re-enabled it now and one machine started mining SUMO, the other is just sitting there with "Mining SUMO @ ∞ H/s"

I turned on the command window and the zcash miner came back with "Stream subscribe timeout".

Any ideas?
eclark5483

Activity: 19

View Profile
March 03, 2018, 08:02:52 PM

Both my machines stopped mining ETN overnight.  CPUs are enabled but were sitting idle.  I had previously disabled SUMO so I re-enabled it now and one machine started mining SUMO, the other is just sitting there with "Mining SUMO @ ∞ H/s"

I turned on the command window and the zcash miner came back with "Stream subscribe timeout".

Any ideas?

Me too!!
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 09:21:13 AM

Any ideas?
Me too!!
Here is the explanation -

Unlike a market place, WinMiner is a complex operation that goes through the entire cycle and process of smart algo optimized mining using dedicated pools, wallets, exchanges and USD gateways that turns users' hash power into REAL US dollars, and based on its live performance values the hash power price rate at any given moment. There are many steps, multiple entities, time delays, and many other factors and risks that need to be managed in the process.

When there is an issue with a certain coin (and they happen all the time) e.g. The leading exchange for ETN is not allowing ETN deposits due to exchange maintenance, as the case still is, the chain of monetization of that coin is broken which does not allow us to complete the monetization cycle which means that WinMiner can not sell the mined ETNs and therefore can not price correctly the mining of ETN. In such cases we may need to put that coin on temporary hold on the WinMiner platform, which is what we did in the case of ETN until the issue is resolved.

Running the full cycle gives our users unique benefit of preserving the value of their mining work - mining work is priced in REAL US Dollars (not in bitcoin which is multiplied by theoretical USD exchange rate) and user balance is kept in USD as well (and does not shrink when crypto coins take a dive).

On practical terms, our recommendation is to use the default "All coins" and "All miners" modes which allow you to benefit from the most robust opportunities WinMiner can make in the market, and allows your machine to seamlessly deal with such technical issues that may happen to certain coins, as we experience with ETN.

Hope this clarifies and hope ETN will be live again shortly.

Heads up - we have a new version coming out today (we hope), with a couple of important fixes (including a fix for the "idle" issue , some of you have reported)            
InfiniteImp

Activity: 33

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 01:24:45 PM

Thanks for the in-depth explanation.  Always good to know what's happening behind the scenes.
I did see it mining ETN this morning when I got to the computer but now it's working on SUMO again.  Hopefully things return to normal again soon.

The reason I had disabled mining certain coins is that I noticed from time to time WinMiner would switch to mining those coins and was making considerably less money than ETN.  It wasn't clear why it would do that so I just disabled that coin.
ariandrbz

Activity: 14

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 02:20:09 PM

hi teamwinminer! im enjoying using the miner a lot, easy to use. just one thing, is there a way to implement some sort of mobile or email notification when one of my rigs crash or go offline? if yes that would make it perfect! thats really the only thing missing i would say. right now using anykind of pool monitor, im able to watch my rigs and get notifications. but as of now using winminer, all i can do is check in on the rigs every so often on remote desktop to make sure everything is still running.
TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:06:21 PM

Thanks for the in-depth explanation.  Always good to know what's happening behind the scenes.
I did see it mining ETN this morning when I got to the computer but now it's working on SUMO again.  Hopefully things return to normal again soon.
The reason I had disabled mining certain coins is that I noticed from time to time WinMiner would switch to mining those coins and was making considerably less money than ETN.  It wasn't clear why it would do that so I just disabled that coin.
You are very welcome!  Smiley
Would love to get the log file from your system so we can see what went wrong (Help > Send Error Report; and write your nick and a couple of words on what went wrong) - we will take a look and fix whatever is needed.

TeamWinMiner (OP)

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 03:48:20 PM

hi teamwinminer! im enjoying using the miner a lot, easy to use. just one thing, is there a way to implement some sort of mobile or email notification when one of my rigs crash or go offline? if yes that would make it perfect! thats really the only thing missing i would say. right now using anykind of pool monitor, im able to watch my rigs and get notifications. but as of now using winminer, all i can do is check in on the rigs every so often on remote desktop to make sure everything is still running.
Thank you for the warm words and the support!
It is much appreciated and not taken for granted.

We are committed to Make WinMiner the best platform we can!

To your request - Mobile notification is on the way - we are working on mobile apps for you all to enjoy Smiley
ground6

Activity: 20

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 04:20:44 PM

Hello WinMiner Team.

Is there any chance that have a better interface for the website (where we check our stats/live ) and program ?

is that possible you guys make like "dark theme" ?
Pages: « 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 [67] 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 »
  Print  

Jump to: