Bitcoin Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:23:49 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HUSH Secure Private Messaging and Transactions [Equihash]  (Read 129410 times)
clamoring

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2018, 12:05:24 AM

February 20, 2018

Updates for this week.

- The numbers are complete for BTCH airdrop! Hush, Unity, and DEX holders have already been paid. Bitcoin holders are in the process of being paid right now. Instructions to receive your BTCH can be found on btchush.org/airdrop.

- The HushList command-line has been added to CPAN and can be installed via CPAN Hush : https://metacpan.org/release/Hush

- The hashReserve bug, or, 'why won't my wallet sync?'
   This has been a fairly difficult bug to get to the heart of. Bitcoin Gold (BTG) was released late last year. It borrowed the Zcash (ZEC) Proof of Work (Equihash) but BTG decided to use a field in the block header that was previously unused - the hashReserve field. The hashReserve field defaults to zero. BTG decided to put the block height in this field. This made it incompatible with the Zcash block header. Since this field was previously unused, software wasn't reading the value in it. The value was assumed to be zero. So when BTG started adding the block height, hashes started coming up incorrect.

Months later, someone started using BTG mining software to mine other Equihash coins, like Hush. This injected the problem into those chains. Because of the incorrect hashing, nodes started getting banned.

To fix this, the Hush dev team created a fix that reads the hashReserve field (since it is no longer safe to assume it is zero.) This also fixes zcash upstream and every zcash fork that exists. Komodo and a few other Equihash coins have already applied the Hush fix. We expect this will also fix the ongoing problems with Cryptopia.

The fix is included in the latest release of Hush, 1.0.13.

Here are the version [https://github.com/MyHush/hush/blob/master/release_notes.md]release notes[/url].

- The new swing wallet, due out within the next week, will use the updated release so if you use the swing wallet be sure to upgrade sooner rather than later.

- We have created some new links, to make finding us online faster and easier. 
https://www.myhush.org/bitcointalk 
https://www.myhush.org/discord 
https://www.myhush.org/reddit 
https://www.myhush.org/twitter   

https://www.btchush.org/bitcointalk 
https://www.btchush.org/discord   
https://www.btchush.org/reddit 
https://www.btchush.org/twitter 

HushNG will utilize the latest release of Hush. Installing 1.0.13 will prep your system for installation of HushNG. If you are a dev interested in working on this project please let us know. We have a great core team and continue to seek new talent.

- We also continue our search to add professionals to our Marketing Team. If you have marketing experience we'd love to hear from you!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
aundroid
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1247

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 08:36:17 AM

Can't get any network connections with the hush wallet.
Someone experiencing the same?
Any Solutions?

►►►     MY TOPICS     ◄◄◄
➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
net968

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 11:46:46 AM

http://www.klondikepool.net

new pool 0.5 fee
fapar

Activity: 1414
Merit: 267

Undeads.com - P2E Runner Game

View Profile
February 21, 2018, 01:08:42 PM

Any Solutions?

On page 78 I described the process of solving this problem. This is from personal experience. After the above procedure, the number of active connections is 8. And waiting for in any time soon a new Swing wallet with mending mistakes and problems.

💀|.
   ▄▄▄▄█▄▄              ▄▄█▀▀  ▄▄▄▄▄█      ▄▄    ▄█▄
  ▀▀▀████████▄  ▄██    ███▀ ▄████▀▀▀     ▄███   ▄███
    ███▀▄▄███▀ ███▀   ███▀  ▀█████▄     ▄███   ████▄
  ▄███████▀   ███   ▄███       ▀▀████▄▄███████████▀
▀▀███▀▀███    ███ ▄████       ▄▄████▀▀████   ▄███
 ██▀    ▀██▄  ██████▀▀   ▄▄█████▀▀   ███▀   ▄██▀
          ▀▀█  ▀▀▀▀ ▄██████▀▀       ███▀    █▀
                                      ▀
.PLAY2EARN.RUNNER.GAME.
||VIRAL
REF.SYSTEM
GAME
|
████████████████████████████
██████ ▄▀██████████  ███████
███████▄▀▄▀██████  █████████
█████████▄▀▄▀██  ███████████
███████████▄▀▄ █████████████
███████████  ▄▀▄▀███████████
█████████  ████▄▀▄▀█████████
███████  ████████▄▀ ████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
Boriss

Activity: 728
Merit: 115

View Profile WWW
February 22, 2018, 07:01:43 AM

Any Solutions?

Are you having this problem with old wallet or this new wallet 0.7.12beta?
I currently have 8 connections and my wallet is fully synced on this new wallet that came out yesterday.

aundroid
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 09:44:34 AM

The old one.

The new wallet just keeps saying:

'daemon startup has timed out, do you want to continue waiting?'

➤ Blockchain Basics - FAQ DE    ➤ [Guide] Protect your Crypto: Security tips for your home computer & network DE | EN    ➤ Crypto SCAM - HowTo protect yourself EN    ➤ [CHECKLISTE] zur Bewertung von ICOs  DE
➤ [Overview] Exchanges, IEOs and their ROIs DE | EN   ➤ [Howto] Use Ledger Nano as Security Key DE | EN    ➤ [OVERVIEW] Recommended Crypto Telegram Bots  DE | EN    ➤ [Overview] GUI Miner DE | EN
➤ Activity, Merit und Ranganforderungen im Forum DE    ➤ Alternativen zu Piggy's Notification Bot DE    ➤ [Howto] Give Bitcoin as a gift  DE | EN
siemensman

Activity: 15

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:27:26 AM

https://hush.lucky-mining.com.ua/index.php?page=statistics&action=blocks
We are waiting for new miners on our pool.
Payout system: PPLNS
Detailed statistics
Pool fee: 0%
24-35 blocks in an average of 24 hours
ANDREW 555

Activity: 182
Merit: 7

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 10:28:10 AM

New Hush version release (February 21)
https://coindar.org/en/event/hush-hush-new-hush-version-release-4553
aundroid
Legendary

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 08:32:20 PM

The old one.

can some team member help me fix this error please

Big Naturals

Activity: 756
Merit: 268

View Profile
February 22, 2018, 11:25:58 PM

Any news on which exchanges might list BTCH?
Boriss

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 08:58:43 AM
Merited by aundroid (1)

The old one.

can some team member help me fix this error please

I had exact same problem with my new wallet.

You must go to location:
C:\Users\YourUsername\AppData\Roaming\Hush

and delete folders:
Blocks and Chainstate

after that start HUSH wallet to resync
aundroid
Legendary

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 01:19:57 PM

Thanks,

do you also have a solution for:
ERROR: 16: bad-txns-oversize
 Grin

brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 08:35:56 PM

Huge market activity on HUSH.

Cryptopia is going crazy up and down 20%. Whats the news?

brooklynite1

Activity: 630
Merit: 10

In BTCz we trust. Organic slow growth.

View Profile WWW
February 23, 2018, 08:42:38 PM

It seems that some people here are spreading FUD like crazy.

If DEVS wanted out they could easily do that at the timeline when snapshot was announced and coin price was 20USD, why would anyone sell their premine coin at this price?

Are you serious?

Noi they could NOT easily sell their HUSH at $20. There was not enough buyers (aka liquidity). They have $300,000+ in premine. If they dump $20,000 of it the price would go from $20 to ZERO because they would wipe out all the buy orders with their sales all the way to almost zero satoshis.

For example all of the buy orders at trade satoshi only add up to about $1200. Thats a far cry from $300K they are holding to dump.

Another example, if you dump only $50K worth of HUSH at Cryptopia, which has a much higher liquidity, you will cut the price in half.

So one way to get out is to build up hype that lines up buyers, a few thousand bucks at a time. Then you grind through the buyers by dumping your premine and keeping teh hype up. Typically you stop dumping your premine when the price drops and keep working on the hype to bring in new BTC.

Everyone makes shitcoins to get BTC, everyone wants BTC. (well ICOs fabiractors want ETH)

I suspect this premine is only 20-30% through. They still have a lot to go but tired of waiting and want out.

Remember sometimes there are multiple devs with premined coins (in this case two of them) and they may not trust that the other one does not dump on the newly brought in newbie buyers.

A fork hype seems to be the newest way to bring in fresh meat BTC owners to line up with their BTC.

CloudPools.net

View Profile
February 23, 2018, 08:52:37 PM

Cloudpools.net
Vardiff Port: 3032
Nicehash: 4032
Low 0.5% Fee

All of our pools feature:

- Enterprise Infrastructure hosted in Azure and AWS
- Fast and responsive dashboards
- High performance low latency stratums
- Professional staff
- Active tech support
- multiple payouts daily
- Community focused with active miner community on our discord
- Low fees

Have questions or just want to say hi?
Join our discord!

Boriss

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 10:20:12 AM

It seems that some people here are spreading FUD like crazy.

If DEVS wanted out they could easily do that at the timeline when snapshot was announced and coin price was 20USD, why would anyone sell their premine coin at this price?

Are you serious?

Noi they could NOT easily sell their HUSH at $20. There was not enough buyers (aka liquidity). They have $300,000+ in premine. If they dump $20,000 of it the price would go from $20 to ZERO because they would wipe out all the buy orders with their sales all the way to almost zero satoshis.

For example all of the buy orders at trade satoshi only add up to about $1200. Thats a far cry from $300K they are holding to dump.

Another example, if you dump only $50K worth of HUSH at Cryptopia, which has a much higher liquidity, you will cut the price in half.

So one way to get out is to build up hype that lines up buyers, a few thousand bucks at a time. Then you grind through the buyers by dumping your premine and keeping teh hype up. Typically you stop dumping your premine when the price drops and keep working on the hype to bring in new BTC.

Everyone makes shitcoins to get BTC, everyone wants BTC. (well ICOs fabiractors want ETH)

I suspect this premine is only 20-30% through. They still have a lot to go but tired of waiting and want out.

Remember sometimes there are multiple devs with premined coins (in this case two of them) and they may not trust that the other one does not dump on the newly brought in newbie buyers.

A fork hype seems to be the newest way to bring in fresh meat BTC owners to line up with their BTC.

Ok, so now what, is there any conclusion?

Is HUSH community being tricked for pump and dump and this coin is dead, or there is more on the roadmap for HUSH altogether.
I can tell you  that after that last hiccups with DEVS price has not recovered at all and I don't see any relevant posts in this topic regarding development.

Boriss

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2018, 10:24:38 AM

Thanks,

do you also have a solution for:
ERROR: 16: bad-txns-oversize
 Grin

How much HUSH has been involved in transaction when you got this error?
Try to split transactions in few smaller ones ( Up to 50 HUSH)
aundroid
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 10:36:51 AM

Yeah I know.
The issue has been closed in github, so I was hoping there is a solution for this. https://github.com/MyHush/hush/issues/14

bruxis

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:34:32 PM

I can tell you  that after that last hiccups with DEVS price has not recovered at all and I don't see any relevant posts in this topic regarding development.

You don't see this post on the page before this one, from 5 days ago, including major fixes and improvements to the core node software?

It doesn't seem to have been posted to this forum yet, but there was also a Swing wallet update (including a new version for Mac OS) released 2 days ago. It was at least announced on Twitter.
ivaf

Activity: 980
Merit: 109

View Profile
February 24, 2018, 04:47:53 PM

You don't see this post on the page before this one, from 5 days ago, including major fixes and improvements to the core node software?

It doesn't seem to have been posted to this forum yet, but there was also a Swing wallet update (including a new version for Mac OS) released 2 days ago. It was at least announced on Twitter.

Stop. What kind of wallet should I use now (for Win)? You say, use the Swing Wallet. On the Hush site is offered for downloading hush-1.0.12. So what to use?
Pages: « 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 [78] 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: