Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:45:59 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 104 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] HUSH Secure Private Messaging and Transactions [Equihash]  (Read 129419 times)
Dark Oopa

Activity: 83
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:31:01 PM

apparently no body cares about the upcoming fork as the price is dumping...
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hjkuhl

Activity: 58

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 12:38:15 PM

because people realize that its nothing special. everyone hoping for 50-100x like ZCL but they can even get 3x because all the they did for now was talking and talking and talking... there is a "fork" - which is not even a fork - upcoming in 7 days and there is not a single sign of action, no BTCH twitter account, no social activity - nothing to grow or start growing followership. they just hope to gain some price action on the name of bitcoin and the recent events of ZCL but failed like you can see.. exactly like that project will fail.
Grrizzly

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:14:00 PM

because people realize that its nothing special. everyone hoping for 50-100x like ZCL but they can even get 3x because all the they did for now was talking and talking and talking... there is a "fork" - which is not even a fork - upcoming in 7 days and there is not a single sign of action, no BTCH twitter account, no social activity - nothing to grow or start growing followership. they just hope to gain some price action on the name of bitcoin and the recent events of ZCL but failed like you can see.. exactly like that project will fail.

Yea, I liked HUSH before all this and was hoping BTCH wasn't directly related to HUSH when I first heard about it but now it just looks like an exit strategy Sad Oh well, plenty of other fish in the sea I guess...
Bitcoin Marketinging

Activity: 37

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:15:19 PM

Will the HUSH ng wallet support all platforms?
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 01:55:45 PM

It's not a fork, it's an airdrop. BTCH is something that's happening for the very first time in crypto, never happened before. Hush provides opportunity to get it all cheap. You said "all the they did for now was talking and talking and talking", well that's something very wrong. This is the only problem which hasn't pushed the price 10x yet. They're all just & just working, no talking, no marketing, only coders. Coders are working excellent, but there seems to be very lack of marketing (like you said, no social activity). Hush has been running for months only & only on donations (and you'll be surprised to know that donations didn't equal to even 100 hush in all these months), developers are working real hard, but they're getting no donation, no payment in return, which is keeping the marketing away.

Now with BTCH, they've the perfect chance to get some funds to promote both, BTCH and Hush. Like it's written in short white-paper (full white-paper will soon be released up, they're all working on it), there'd be 15k BTCH in total for marketing, getting listed on exchanges, development, infrastructure, bounties etc. See, it's only "15k", which is very less. They're confident that it'll be worth too much that they won't need any other fund or something to fund all the progress up of BTCH.

Here's a summary of what I can say about hush & btch:

-Dev team is very professional, but they lack greed (which is literally not very good anymore in crypto if you ask me, greed must be present).
-Marketing is not present, devs say it's totally in the hands of community.
-BTCH is something revolutionary to crypto, much better than BTCP (the core part of BTCP was developed by Hush dev team member, not by ZCL dev Rhett).
-Hush would've been pumped to 0.005 BTC by now if it was listed on some major exchange (like Bittrex), however, if Cryptopia opens up the registrations now, I believe the price would pump pretty good, as many people want to purchase Hush, but unable to do so because they're unable to register at Cryptopia.
xenomorphe1

Activity: 798
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 02:12:54 PM

Yea, I liked HUSH before all this and was hoping BTCH wasn't directly related to HUSH when I first heard about it but now it just looks like an exit strategy Sad Oh well, plenty of other fish in the sea I guess...
They should had everything in place before announcing the fork or airdrop. The website (which doesn't work), Twitter, Discord channel, slack and also a Bitcointalk thread. They did prepare better for Bitcoin Private. It was announced a month earlier and everything was almost already in place. I think the Bitcoin Private team have more ressources. And they surely got help from the Bitcoin Cash team.
I think BTCH is appearing too fast. They don't let the news spread well.
hjkuhl

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 03:43:48 PM
Last edit: January 09, 2018, 04:51:48 PM by hjkuhl

They should had everything in place before announcing the fork or airdrop. The website (which doesn't work), Twitter, Discord channel, slack and also a Bitcointalk thread. They did prepare better for Bitcoin Private. It was announced a month earlier and everything was almost already in place. I think the Bitcoin Private team have more ressources. And they surely got help from the Bitcoin Cash team.

I hear you and I agree with that it is indeed a "unique" project, as its the first of its kind - I am not saying that the team behind the project is bad or unprofessional. I am mining Hush for about 2 months now because I do think of the project as one of the leading zk-coins but at least as one the most enthusiastic ideas for the future. But as I mentioned in a previous post. Before these "big news" there was supposed to be updates and upgrades on a mac wallet and more, which they simply did not provide. so it seems they just want to jump on that bandwagon of making a private bitcoin, which like you said even isn't a real fork of it. I can not judge what they are doing, I can only see what they are not doing - and for that what they try to achieve its to little for now.

Like you mentioned I am aware of who coded BTCP and whats the difference to BTCP, at least from what information is given to us. I was thinking the same because of only trading on cryptopia - bittrex or another popular/big exchange would have had pumped the price surely a bit more, so I guess its time for what we alle love the most here in crypto: WAITING!  Roll Eyes

Thats exactly what I am saying! how can we get new people into this project if even the community right now has issues understanding whats going on. it seems like they had a sudden inspiration by ZCL and not that its well planed. Especially since the dev "made" BTCP, he knew what measures they are taking to make it happen and spread the word. bitcointalk is packed with bounties for anything. why didn't they provide one for PR and Marketing since they have no time to care about that, they should at least be using the "dev fund" (which is exactly for that purpose) to get things going.
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:23:03 PM

what premine?

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
hjkuhl

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 04:51:02 PM

what premine?

Not a premine per se, but they "take" a share of 150,000 BTCH for "sustainable development"...

from bitcoinhush.org

"Yes, there will be a 150,000 BTCH development fund managed by jl777 to fund ongoing needs of the community"

I'll change the term in the previous post.
jl777B

Activity: 476
Merit: 133

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:05:08 PM

what premine?

Not a premine per se, but they "take" a share of 150,000 BTCH for "sustainable development"...

from bitcoinhush.org

"Yes, there will be a 150,000 BTCH development fund managed by jl777 to fund ongoing needs of the community"

The 150,000 BTCH is for long term development of HUSH. Since BTCH is a KMD assetchain, there is no need to develop it independently as it automatically inherits work done on komodo.

The value of a BTC fork without the 150GB bloat and having security from bitcoin PoW, these are big giant advantages. It might take the market a while to figure this out, but that is fine. It just allows people with patience to accumulate at lower prices.

It is better if HUSH price didnt go up too much as when the snapshot happens, the drop will be that much more significant. Since people think there is no development, the price is low, but the reality is that the BTCH chain is already alive and we are starting to notarize it. Also there has already been an atomic swap done with BTCH on barterDEX.

If this was an exit strategy, it is quite horribly done as there is no promotion, not enough time, etc. Maybe this indicates that it is no exit strategy but rather a long term strategy without concern for the short term windfall it could have been.

As far as how the 150,000 BTCH is spent, I will be listening to what the core team needs and also the community. I have also personally pledged 10,000 HUSH for development bounties.

another reason why I like BTCH is the removal of the needless 150GB per BTC fork that is happening. With barterDEX supporting as many proper bitcoin forks as possible, 150GB+ for each is just a lot of space that the SPV servers will need. My hope is that other forks will look to BTCH on how to not require 150GB (and growing) bloat from the bitcoin blockchain.

jl777B

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:10:47 PM

This Thursday at 14:00 UTC we are set for another BarterDEX stress test! 5,000 Bitcoin Hush will be up for sale at a 30% discount of HUSH market price. *The most successful swapper wins 777 BTCH!* Numbers 2 and 3 win 77 and 7 BTCH respectively. Make sure to fund your KMD smart address with plenty of UTXOs! (Note: BTCH can only be bought with KMD)

Get the latest BarterDEX GUI here: https://github.com/KomodoPlatform/BarterDEX/releases

Maybe having a few thousand atomic swaps of BTCH will convince people it is a real blockchain
hjkuhl

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:41:07 PM

what premine?

from bitcoinhush.org

The 150,000 BTCH is for long term development of HUSH. Since BTCH is a KMD assetchain, there is no need to develop it independently as it automatically inherits work done on komodo.

The value of a BTC fork without the 150GB bloat and having security from bitcoin PoW, these are big giant advantages. It might take the market a while to figure this out, but that is fine. It just allows people with patience to accumulate at lower prices.

It is better if HUSH price didnt go up too much as when the snapshot happens, the drop will be that much more significant. Since people think there is no development, the price is low, but the reality is that the BTCH chain is already alive and we are starting to notarize it. Also there has already been an atomic swap done with BTCH on barterDEX.

If this was an exit strategy, it is quite horribly done as there is no promotion, not enough time, etc. Maybe this indicates that it is no exit strategy but rather a long term strategy without concern for the short term windfall it could have been.

As far as how the 150,000 BTCH is spent, I will be listening to what the core team needs and also the community. I have also personally pledged 10,000 HUSH for development bounties.

another reason why I like BTCH is the removal of the needless 150GB per BTC fork that is happening. With barterDEX supporting as many proper bitcoin forks as possible, 150GB+ for each is just a lot of space that the SPV servers will need. My hope is that other forks will look to BTCH on how to not require 150GB (and growing) bloat from the bitcoin blockchain.

nice to hear from you  Smiley

I get the idea of what you are saying, and that BTCH is basically a fresh start of all the good things these individual projects have achieved so far. but what is happening to hush after the launch? will it be further developed as the coin what it intended to be or is this going to be farm coin for BTCH as were all innovations the Hush team is going to make eventually merged into the BTCH or does Hush keep an USP fro its own where people can literally HODL?

as far i understand the technical aspects of the project I think its a great idea and it's going to be interesting to look out for how the markets react once it launched and spread. keep up, good work!  Grin
jl777B

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 05:44:21 PM

what premine?

from bitcoinhush.org

I get the idea of what you are saying, and that BTCH is basically a fresh start of all the good things these individual projects have achieved so far. but what is happening to hush after the launch? will it be further developed as the coin what it intended to be or is this going to be farm coin for BTCH as were all innovations the Hush team is going to make eventually merged into the BTCH or does Hush keep an USP fro its own where people can literally HODL?

as far i understand the technical aspects of the project I think its a great idea and it's going to be interesting to look out for how the markets react once it launched and spread. keep up, good work!  Grin
BTCH is the one that wont have any active development as it is a runtime fork of KMD, there is no need to develop BTCH.

After launch, HUSH will have 150,000 BTCH funding to develop HUSH. That was my primary reason for supporting BTCH as HUSH has always struggled with funding and this will fund HUSH development for years.

BTCH will evolve as KMD evolves, automatically with no additional efforts of the HUSH team.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 06:00:58 PM

what premine?

from bitcoinhush.org

BTCH is the one that wont have any active development as it is a runtime fork of KMD, there is no need to develop BTCH.

After launch, HUSH will have 150,000 BTCH funding to develop HUSH. That was my primary reason for supporting BTCH as HUSH has always struggled with funding and this will fund HUSH development for years.

BTCH will evolve as KMD evolves, automatically with no additional efforts of the HUSH team.

That's an awesome news, exactly what I wished for. Hush can evolve greatly & easily, and that support will definitely make it happen. Smiley
DaMaNiAc

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 09, 2018, 08:30:57 PM

Did you have to call it BTC Hush though? It's just going to cause confusion as to which is the go forward coin.
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 12:02:17 AM

Version 2.1.0 of Hush WebWallet is ready for testers! This version mainly allows using larger secret phrase for creating wallet. The allowed secret phrase length is now from 16 to 256 characters! (vs 16-64 characters):

https://github.com/TheTrunk/myhushwallet/tree/Development
jl777B

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 02:09:39 AM

Did you have to call it BTC Hush though? It's just going to cause confusion as to which is the go forward coin.
I call it BTCH
Kshep114

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:36:13 AM

Can we leave them in a web wallet for the airdrop?
RealSwissMiner

Activity: 336
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
January 10, 2018, 07:45:53 AM

Can we leave them in a web wallet for the airdrop?

You just need to be in the possession of your own private keys. Thats basically the only requirement besides owning also some Hush  Grin

Mining and investment blog - https://swisscryptominer.blogspot.ch
SandyKid

Activity: 24

View Profile
January 10, 2018, 07:18:21 PM

Hey,

Airdrop will be on 16th or it can delay?

Thanks,
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 [50] 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 ... 104 »
  Print  

Jump to: