Bitcoin Forum
May 18, 2024, 03:19:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] New Crypto Currency FRANKO [v0.16][Resurrection]  (Read 233906 times)
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 12:57:50 PM

done Smiley

thanks! Was a shame to throw away 120 frk Sad

good thing it was only $14, but yea that sucks im sorry Sad

Fortune Favors the Brave
Borderless CharityEXPANSEEXRAllergy FinderFranko Is Freedom
crackfoo
Legendary

Activity: 3472
Merit: 1126

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 03:11:14 PM

done Smiley

anyone else notice that their frankod uses a lot of CPU???

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 04:54:34 PM

done Smiley

During sync?

Fortune Favors the Brave
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 05:19:16 PM

done Smiley

During sync?

yes that is expected, but after the sync it stayed like that for ~an hour before I shut it down and started it back up. Seems back to acceptable usage now.

ZPOOL - the miners multipool! Support We pay 10 FLUX Parallel Assets (PA) directly to block rewards! Get paid more and faster. No PA fee's or waiting around for them, paid instantly on every block found!
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2014, 07:59:36 PM

done Smiley

During sync?

yes that is expected, but after the sync it stayed like that for ~an hour before I shut it down and started it back up. Seems back to acceptable usage now.

Yea it will do that sometimes.

Fortune Favors the Brave
dogeberet

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:02:44 AM

I also believe you made a bad chain the official fork.
Our pool is back online with this  , uh, "official" blockchain.

lost alot

Same here, several pools have switched over but one can still compare https://altexplorer.net/chain/Franko and https://coinplorer.com/FRK to see that the bad fork that was made official still has 2x lower diff. What a low move....

The reason I chose the shorter chain was because all of the main nodes including cryptsy and coins-e and the two main block explorers were stuck at block 785863 and reporting that specific block as being invalid. Whoever made the invalid block probably did so on an old wallet before the kgw timewarp fix. Some of the pools accepted it while most of the wallets didnt. By the time I released the fix to get cryptsy syncing again the chain autocorrected and orphaned the longer chain anyways. Why did it do that? Because only a few of the clients were actually accepting it.

So what was the right answer? Allow an invalid block by putting in an "ignore block 785864 it may be invalid but who cares" or orphan a days worth of work to make sure the block chain syncs fine and does so by staying true to the parameters we all agree on.

Altexplorer.net was on the wrong chain, it may be longer, there were a couple pools on the longer chain but it was still an invalid chain, if you dont believe me, set up 2 nodes on a private network with the other chain.. have the one node already have the wrong chain but start the second node from scratch and you will see it doesnt sync past 785863 then check the log and you will see why.

FRK was stuck for 37 hours before anyone noticed, cryptsy needed a fix asap or risk being delisted. So again, what would you have done? I'm sorry some people lost work, I dont have any money to compensate, wish I did but the only option we have is to move forward. We need to do whatever it takes to stay moving forward even if it means to step back a couple steps and correct a problem.

Well, I have been a FRK coin supporter up to now, but if this technically is possible, in my opinion - it deserves to be delisted and go the way of the dodo bird.

How can this sort of thing be expected to get wide acceptance and be treated like a currency when it can go on for 37 hours before anyone notices - and pools can run for days longer with no errors wasting days and days of work.

There have to be innovations to make these blockchains healing and self-correcting or the whole alt coin experiment is just going to be a failure.  But we also have to accept failures and move on - which is what we should do with lots of the first round of alt coins, and I am done with this one.
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:27:06 AM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 07:41:24 PM by defaced

lost alot

Same here, several pools have switched over but one can still compare https://altexplorer.net/chain/Franko and https://coinplorer.com/FRK to see that the bad fork that was made official still has 2x lower diff. What a low move....

The reason I chose the shorter chain was because all of the main nodes including cryptsy and coins-e and the two main block explorers were stuck at block 785863 and reporting that specific block as being invalid. Whoever made the invalid block probably did so on an old wallet before the kgw timewarp fix. Some of the pools accepted it while most of the wallets didnt. By the time I released the fix to get cryptsy syncing again the chain autocorrected and orphaned the longer chain anyways. Why did it do that? Because only a few of the clients were actually accepting it.

So what was the right answer? Allow an invalid block by putting in an "ignore block 785864 it may be invalid but who cares" or orphan a days worth of work to make sure the block chain syncs fine and does so by staying true to the parameters we all agree on.

Altexplorer.net was on the wrong chain, it may be longer, there were a couple pools on the longer chain but it was still an invalid chain, if you dont believe me, set up 2 nodes on a private network with the other chain.. have the one node already have the wrong chain but start the second node from scratch and you will see it doesnt sync past 785863 then check the log and you will see why.

FRK was stuck for 37 hours before anyone noticed, cryptsy needed a fix asap or risk being delisted. So again, what would you have done? I'm sorry some people lost work, I dont have any money to compensate, wish I did but the only option we have is to move forward. We need to do whatever it takes to stay moving forward even if it means to step back a couple steps and correct a problem.

Well, I have been a FRK coin supporter up to now, but if this technically is possible, in my opinion - it deserves to be delisted and go the way of the dodo bird.

How can this sort of thing be expected to get wide acceptance and be treated like a currency when it can go on for 37 hours before anyone notices - and pools can run for days longer with no errors wasting days and days of work.

There have to be innovations to make these blockchains healing and self-correcting or the whole alt coin experiment is just going to be a failure.  But we also have to accept failures and move on - which is what we should do with lots of the first round of alt coins, and I am done with this one.

Thing about it is the network IS self healing its just that a multipool using an old client didnt have the timewarp fix and created an invalid block that everyone on the new client refused. Before I even implemented my fix the network already orphaned the longer chain and started the healing process of banning the bad nodes because the legitimate pools mining on the new client started finding blocks that werent being considered stale. Thats the beauty of the bitcoin protocol. Its amazingly elastic.

Fortune Favors the Brave
scottii

Activity: 804
Merit: 501

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 02:42:53 AM

lost alot

There have to be innovations to make these blockchains healing and self-correcting or the whole alt coin experiment is just going to be a failure.  But we also have to accept failures and move on - which is what we should do with lots of the first round of alt coins, and I am done with this one.

If you've been a FRK supporter for awhile, why haven't hasn't anyone heard of you?  I was a salaried operations manager and treasurer for the FRK Collective, yet this is the very first time your name has been mentioned.

STFU troll.
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 04:46:00 PM

If you are a pool op and your pool is on the right chain check in.

Fortune Favors the Brave
crackfoo
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 04:47:09 PM

www.xpool.ca

$ frankod getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 802038,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 1.00628013,
    "errors" : "",
    "networkhashps" : 150802018,
    "pooledtx" : 6,
    "testnet" : false
}

defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 05:19:48 PM

www.xpool.ca

$ frankod getmininginfo
{
    "blocks" : 802038,
    "currentblocksize" : 1000,
    "currentblocktx" : 0,
    "difficulty" : 1.00628013,
    "errors" : "",
    "networkhashps" : 150802018,
    "pooledtx" : 6,
    "testnet" : false
}

ty sir

Fortune Favors the Brave
Narja

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 07:17:33 PM

Dogeberet has a point. Defaced's reply "You wont be missed because you arnt even known, you have never once contributed in any way shape or form with this community. Good bye lol." doesn't do right to the concern he is bringing to the table. Even if he has no Frankos at all or no interest at all in the Franko network at all, his point is to be taken seriously. I share his concern and I am glad he is bringing it up.

In my case I noticed that my client wouldn't update anymore after about two hours the problem occurred. I let it go for a couple of hours also because of the limited amount of nodes available. The Franko forum and this thread showed no indication of a problem at all and I assumed that problem was my own. I was surprised to notice that - after starting it up - my second client (wallet) started synchronizing, up till the same block as my stalled client. Though still no sign on the forum.

I think communication is a key issue here. A lack of activity on the forum also contributed. I have often doubted if there was more than one block chain. An active list of trusted nodes would be welcome in this perspective. More active connections make a stronger network.

If we want to make the Franko a success we should first of all embrace criticism and stop harassing criticasters.
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 07:34:51 PM

Well i'm to the point now where I feel like i'm the only one doing ALL the work and its been that way for about a year now. Everyone wants to say community this and community that but no one else is really contributing but EVERYONE wants to benefit.

You want the wallet to stop freezing? Help me locate and notify any pool that is on the wrong chain. Because the longer chain that is being mined by someone who still hasnt updated will never be the right chain. Ever and they are just wasting their electricity. If they refuse to stop mining it then it has to be considered an attack on the network and delt with accordingly. As in blocking all the nodes who havnt updated yet. The newest client is the right chain. The longer chain is the wrong chain. Its the wrong change because its invalid with the new client. So, again, tell a friend to update. Thats really the only thing that can be done.

On the other hand, a new wallet design is being worked on. Follow me on twitter.com/frankocurrecy im pretty active there.

Fortune Favors the Brave
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 07:35:27 PM

The only exception to my previous message is Spiry Golden. He is an extremely hard worker.

Fortune Favors the Brave
dreamwatcher
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
June 18, 2014, 09:54:51 PM

Defaced, you may want to rethink your last couple of posts.

I understand your frustration. My efforts with the explorers were in obscurity and for the most part not only unpaid but I was paying the bills. I am under added pressure with the new exchange project (I am writing from scratch) and developing for 4 coins. I do not blame the communities and I know there are people working on things that I may not be aware of because of the work I have taken on.
Try to find some time to shut off the responsibilities here, and do something you enjoy. Clear your head. I believe when you come back here, you will have a different outlook then you do now.

Most here cannot read C++ let alone solve coding issues. Most do not have the understanding of how a block chain P2P system works on the level needed to figure out forked chains and where they are coming from.

Anybody who works in this field that does not appeal directly to peoples greed have a tendency to be taken for granted. That is just the way it is here and outside the crypto coin world.

To the Franko community, just let Defaced blow off some steam and do not hold it against him. Development in the crypto can be a hard and thankless job, especially if one truly cares about the projects he/she is working with.

Everybody take a deep breath, go do something else for a bit, Franko will be here when you come back.

bitcoinreviews

Activity: 706
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 09:55:23 PM
Last edit: June 18, 2014, 10:05:41 PM by bitcoinreviews

I own FRKcoin.org and will let it go for .5 btc worth of Frankos, Bitcoin, Litecoin or CinniCoin.

PM me if interested.

Cheers,

J
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 05:43:38 AM

Defaced, you may want to rethink your last couple of posts.

I understand your frustration. My efforts with the explorers were in obscurity and for the most part not only unpaid but I was paying the bills. I am under added pressure with the new exchange project (I am writing from scratch) and developing for 4 coins. I do not blame the communities and I know there are people working on things that I may not be aware of because of the work I have taken on.
Try to find some time to shut off the responsibilities here, and do something you enjoy. Clear your head. I believe when you come back here, you will have a different outlook then you do now.

Most here cannot read C++ let alone solve coding issues. Most do not have the understanding of how a block chain P2P system works on the level needed to figure out forked chains and where they are coming from.

Anybody who works in this field that does not appeal directly to peoples greed have a tendency to be taken for granted. That is just the way it is here and outside the crypto coin world.

To the Franko community, just let Defaced blow off some steam and do not hold it against him. Development in the crypto can be a hard and thankless job, especially if one truly cares about the projects he/she is working with.

Everybody take a deep breath, go do something else for a bit, Franko will be here when you come back.

You are completely right and i'm terribly sorry for venting my frustration openly. You have been extremely helpful since the very beginning also.
To anyone ive offended i'm sorry I regret being so hostile. I really dont want anyone to leave even if you only have 2 FRK. I think ill take your advice and go to the beach tomorrow, Im positive the irritability is from my lack of vitamin d.

Fortune Favors the Brave
DieJohnny
Legendary

Activity: 1639
Merit: 1006

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 05:56:11 AM

coinwarz lists the franko network hashrate as 119 mh/s

is this correct?

that means there are maybe 50 people mining this coin on earth??

and did i just read these last few posts correctly?Huh franko wasn't working for 30 plus hours and nobody noticed....

Those who hold and those who are without property have ever formed distinct interests in society
defaced (OP)
Legendary

Franko is Freedom

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2014, 06:03:55 AM

coinwarz lists the franko network hashrate as 119 mh/s

is this correct?

that means there are maybe 50 people mining this coin on earth??

and did i just read these last few posts correctly?Huh franko wasn't working for 30 plus hours and nobody noticed....

It was working just the main miners were a couple multipools who were using an old client which caused an invalid block. They however still havnt got the memo that they are on the wrong chain even after i have sent them countless messages and emails. -,-

Fortune Favors the Brave
Narja

Activity: 37

View Profile
June 19, 2014, 01:25:06 PM
Last edit: June 25, 2014, 06:55:29 PM by Narja

Dreamwatcher is giving you a great and pleasant advice: take some time off and go to the beach. The sun will color your skin and meanwhile the sea wind will blow some of the worries out of your head. Your frustration about having to do everything yourself is also a serious concern: Franko is practically a one-man-band. But frustration can also be a great drive towards improvements and innovation. But first of all my regards for all the effort you put into Franko so far. Without your effort there would be no Franko.

Multiple block chains?
I updated my client to the latest version. Shortly after you published them i replaced my list of nodes with the nodes you supplied. But reading your posts I felt an increasing concern regarding the stability and trustworthiness of the Franko network. First of all: people who are mining solo do not need a wallet to mine. So they will probably not be available as a node in the network and not provide any 'network mass'. Personally I like to mine solo, so I am a node as well. But .... my stack is connected to the internet both by IPv4 and IPv6. Those are two discrete internets. I think it is perfectly feasible to have two operational block chains that differ from each other. One in each IP domain. Only by means of a gateway they can be synchronized. Since we do only have a limited amount of Franko miners - especially solo miners or permanent nodes - the changes of doubling (or even having multiple instances) of the Franko block chain are not imaginary. I think we need a bridge or gateway to sync both the IPv4 and IPv6 block chain. I don't know how the Franko client deals with both IP stacks. Does it synchronize both networks with the same instance?

Addition
Rethinking it all: every coin has (must have) two block chains. One in each IP domain. They should be identical. It can be the same block chain if a client synchronizes with both internets simultaneously. But clients with an IP address in only one of both domains will never be able to sync (with) clients in the other domain. So the trick is to keep both domains attached and synchronized.

The list with nodes you supplied contains only IPv4 address not guiding IPv6 clients towards the correct block chain.
Pages: « 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 [56] 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 »
  Print  

Jump to: