Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:18:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Better investement right now, bitcoins or Altcoins.  (Read 26336 times)
manchester93

Activity: 251
Merit: 257

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 10:53:41 PM

The answer is always bitcoin, but because it has higher price, very expensive for most people, so you have to back down? Forget it?
No, you can't do that, it just getting started because bitcoin will achieve more than this, should be accepted all over the world as a mainstream digital currency, an alternative currency. Bitcoin will always developing, reach fantastic price in every year because people believe in bitcoin as the best monetary system which free from being controlled by central bank.

While I don't disagree with your sentiment, I don't think it exactly speaks to the OP's question. The fact is that altcoins massively outperform Bitcoin all the time. But they are extremely risky and illiquid. They could plunge in price and never recover, or be de-listed from exchanges, making it unlikely that you could recover your investment.

Bitcoin vs. altcoins is about risk appetite: how many bitcoins are you willing to risk to try to get more bitcoins? The safer investment will always be BTC, hands down.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 07, 2017, 11:48:32 PM
Last edit: August 08, 2017, 03:03:46 AM by Gameroid

The answer is always bitcoin, but because it has higher price, very expensive for most people, so you have to back down? Forget it?
No, you can't do that, it just getting started because bitcoin will achieve more than this, should be accepted all over the world as a mainstream digital currency, an alternative currency. Bitcoin will always developing, reach fantastic price in every year because people believe in bitcoin as the best monetary system which free from being controlled by central bank.
in current position i will also like to choose bitcoin, although some time i also trade with altcoin but in current time when the price of bitcoin is expected to increase too much, therefore i am only holding bitcoin in present time fotcor the price increase, as i can get a good profit from bitcoin investment.
mobilestrike

Activity: 907
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 12:00:09 AM

It is better to just invest in bitcoin right now because it is moving so fast and i think if you will invest now then you can still ride the train and earn profits with your capital. Do not miss the train and just buy and hold and wait for the new ath to be reached and i think the strong resistance is on $4k but it is still worth it to hold for long run.
good guide,I will also follow this strategy, lot of people contact me and ask about their investment, the best option I give them of bitcoin and when I explain these guys with proofs they will come back to their homes and first thing they done is to make investment on bitcoin. And now they are so pleased by me because I let them to make this decision. And yet some of them sell their coins with good price and some of them still holding their coins.
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:23:37 AM

It is better to just invest in bitcoin right now because it is moving so fast and i think if you will invest now then you can still ride the train and earn profits with your capital. Do not miss the train and just buy and hold and wait for the new ath to be reached and i think the strong resistance is on $4k but it is still worth it to hold for long run.
good guide,I will also follow this strategy, lot of people contact me and ask about their investment, the best option I give them of bitcoin and when I explain these guys with proofs they will come back to their homes and first thing they done is to make investment on bitcoin. And now they are so pleased by me because I let them to make this decision. And yet some of them sell their coins with good price and some of them still holding their coins.

I believe AltCoin investment for trading will only worth again when the BTC price increase and find a new stable point. It's too risky to buy AltCoins, start trading it and then when you want to exchange your funds to BTC again you see all the profit you made from trading it's the same percentage of BTC price increasement... That would be very disappointing.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
JTASSOCIATES

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:32:14 AM

To my knowledge after success of BITCOIN Altcoin has been launched. Moreover Bitcoin is not issued by any Bank or Government. Even though lots of competitors launched alternative. Will not meet the popularity of bITCOIN. Thus not to take any risk better to go with BITCOIN only which hag been proved the good success result. good luck.

▂▂▃▃  TRADE CRYPTOCURRENCIES | INDEXES | FUNDS ▃▃▂▂
●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬● BITOTAL.COM ●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●▬●
░▒▓█ DEPOSIT BONUS | 0% TRADE FEES | WIDE COIN OFFER | EXCLUSIVE ICO'S █▓▒░
glowing10

Activity: 812
Merit: 142

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:00:55 AM

Invest in some good altcoin beacuse their rise could be manifolds in short time . While always divide your your investment in multiple coins . As it's said do not put all your eggs in one basket so invest some in BTC and other coins so that you can benefit of couple of coins price rises manifolds amongst them .
MRlong

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:08:38 AM

I believe AltCoin investment for trading will only worth again when the BTC price increase and find a new stable point. It's too risky to buy AltCoins, start trading it and then when you want to exchange your funds to BTC again you see all the profit you made from trading it's the same percentage of BTC price increasement... That would be very disappointing.
If you use your brain and thing again carefully, you can understand the reason in recently altcoin market always effect by Bitcoin price, usually down trend than up trend. Why the whales want the price of altcoin down more and make the of Bitcoin growth to highest price every month? Have many issue and situation can't predict exactly after this happens ...
jerowacik
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:33:54 AM

Invest in some good altcoin beacuse their rise could be manifolds in short time . While always divide your your investment in multiple coins . As it's said do not put all your eggs in one basket so invest some in BTC and other coins so that you can benefit of couple of coins price rises manifolds amongst them .

For short-term investments then altcoin is one good option, because altcoin prices are very easy to move. Usually dev will do the pump if the altcoin market is appropriate. So we must have good patience to be able to take advantage of all the possibilities that occur. Buy altcoin at a cheap price and then sell it at a high price.
justspare

Activity: 1022
Merit: 538

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:59:42 AM

For short-term investments then altcoin is one good option, because altcoin prices are very easy to move. Usually dev will do the pump if the altcoin market is appropriate. So we must have good patience to be able to take advantage of all the possibilities that occur. Buy altcoin at a cheap price and then sell it at a high price.
Even altcoins are good for trading, I do hear many traders are getting trapped by sudden volatility. So, it will be always better to choose highly established altcoins for trading.

But for both trading and investments, bitcoin must be the right choice. These trading and investment plans can be short term and long term. As long as you are trading with bitcoins, your capital will be safer and you can get better profits also in very short period of time itself.
Open4lies

Activity: 552
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 05:38:07 AM

Even altcoins are good for trading, I do hear many traders are getting trapped by sudden volatility. So, it will be always better to choose highly established altcoins for trading.

But for both trading and investments, bitcoin must be the right choice. These trading and investment plans can be short term and long term. As long as you are trading with bitcoins, your capital will be safer and you can get better profits also in very short period of time itself.
But trading Bitcoin need have more funds and the volatility of Bitcoin market not interesting as Altcoin market. You can the ratio growth of Altcoin in this year better than Bitcoin, this is reason altcoin market attractive more trader.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████▄▄
░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄░░░░░███████████▄▄
░▄▄██████████████▄▄███████████████▄
░▀▀██████████████▀▀░░░▀▀████████████
██▄▄▀▀██████▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████
██████▄▄▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀███
████████░░░░░▄▄███████▄▄░░░░░███▄▄░░▀
████████░░░███████████████░░░███████▄
░░▀▀████░░░░░▀▀███████▀▀░░░░░████████
██▄▄░░▀▀░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░████████
██████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄░░▀███████
████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██████▄▄▀▀███
██████████▄▄░░░░▄▄██████████████▄▄
██████████████▄▄▀▀██████████████▀▀
░░▀▀████████████░░░░▀▀██████▀▀
░░░░░░▀▀████████░░░░░░░░▀▀
░░░░░░░░░▀▀██████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀▀██
OATH

████▀
███▀  ▀
██▀  ▀
█▀  ▀
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
█▄  ▄
██▄  ▄
███▄  ▄
████▄

▀████
▀  ▀███
▀  ▀██
▀  ▀█
▀  ▀
▄  ▄
▄  ▄█
▄  ▄██
▄  ▄███
▄████

▄████▄▄   ▄
█▄          ██████████▀▄
███        ███████████▀
▐████▄     ██████████▌
▄▄██████▄▄▄▄█████████▌
▀████████████████████
  ▀█████████████████
  ▄▄███████████████
   ▀█████████████▀
    ▄▄█████████▀
▀▀██████████▀
    ▀▀▀▀▀

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

█▄▄              █▄▄
█████▄▄         ██████▄▄
████████       ████████ █
████████ ██   ████████ ██
████████ ███ ████████ ███
████████ ████ ██████ ████
████████ █████ ████ █████
████████ ▀█████ ██ ██████
████████    ▀▀██  ███████
▀███████         ▀███████
   ▀▀███            ▀▀███
       ▀                ▀
Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 06:58:57 AM

Just invest in altcoins because they are more volatile than bitcoin and you can easily earn money with altcoins rather than bitcoin because bitcoin is already on the top right now and anytime it can collapse and we will just see the crashing moment for bitcoin again but if you will invest in altcoins then after a few hours you can easily earn a few bucks because of its volatility and cheapness.
flower1024
Legendary

Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 09:26:13 AM

Just invest in altcoins because they are more volatile than bitcoin and you can easily earn money with altcoins rather than bitcoin because bitcoin is already on the top right now and anytime it can collapse and we will just see the crashing moment for bitcoin again but if you will invest in altcoins then after a few hours you can easily earn a few bucks because of its volatility and cheapness.
Bitcoin is good for trading when you have minimum 1 BTC investment. Becasue Bitcoin price will vary min 4100 to $200 every 2 or 3 hours. So this is a good profit for those who have a big investment. If your capital is less than best altcoin trading, you can make money with investing in different altcoins.
rickadone
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:02:43 PM

Yes, being expensive cannot be a reason to ignore bitcoin for investment consideration.
As per many speculations, bitcoin prices will be reaching unimaginable levels. So investing into bitcoin must be the right way of investment to enjoy better benefits in near future.

Interestingly we can invest any amount into bitcoin so huge rises of bitcoin will not be a hurdle for any level of investors.
nathanface

Activity: 3
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 03:11:52 PM

Yes, being expensive cannot be a reason to ignore bitcoin for investment consideration.
As per many speculations, bitcoin prices will be reaching unimaginable levels. So investing into bitcoin must be the right way of investment to enjoy better benefits in near future.

Interestingly we can invest any amount into bitcoin so huge rises of bitcoin will not be a hurdle for any level of investors.

Completely agree - a good balanced portfolio would have to include a fairly large percentage of bitcoin regardless of the value of the portfolio - bitcoin is slated to reach massive heights and without it in the portfolio you're missing out on half of the solid market speculation. I consider altcoins like penny stocks - if you get in early and the company flourishes you can make big gains, but you usually have a goal to make that money to buy something else, a more stable, long term and more reliable investment that people know about. If Altcoins are penny stocks, Bitcoin is real estate, or superannuation, or an indexed fund.

.1 bitcoin gaining 5-6% is still better than $340 in a savings account for 2 years - that's before you start to think about day trading.

My portfolio is 60% bitcoin, 20% ETH, 20% promising altcoins backed by real ideas, real innovators who run a real business - this is where the money is made!
mrcash02

Activity: 1190
Merit: 525

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 04:03:46 PM

If you use your brain and thing again carefully, you can understand the reason in recently altcoin market always effect by Bitcoin price, usually down trend than up trend. Why the whales want the price of altcoin down more and make the of Bitcoin growth to highest price every month? Have many issue and situation can't predict exactly after this happens ...

I really don't understand what you mean.

Why do the whales want the price of AltCoin down more and make the BTC price grow to highest price every month?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
Bagaji

Activity: 1330
Merit: 291

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 05:18:17 PM

All depends on your capital because both bitcoin and altcoin are good for investment. Although investing in bitcoin for a long time period will yield good return on investment as compared to shot term period. And if you prefer a shot time period investment then invest in altcoin, but I will recommend you to invest your money in both of them  (Bitcoin and Altcoin) only if you have enough capital.
bitcoin31

Activity: 1834
Merit: 523

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 08:41:58 PM

I think bitcoin and altcoins is both good investment becuase you can earn a lot of profit in the future.
Its better if you have bitcoin and you have different altcoins.
BossBee

Activity: 682
Merit: 540

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:21:28 PM

With segwit activated and the bcc team out of the way it seems like smooth sailing for btc from here. Which is good for the fantastic for the entire crypto market.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion

▄▄▄▄▄          ▄▄██████▄
 ▄█▀▀▀▀▀█▄      ▄███▀▀   ▀██
 ▀       ▀     ██▀
    ▄███▄          ▄█████▄
   ███████ █      █████████
           █
          █     █▄            ▄█
█▄       █      ▀██▄▄      ▄▄██▀
 ███▄▄▄▀▀█▄▄▄███▀ ▀▀██████████
  ██ ██▄ ▀▀▄███▄    ▄▄▄██  ██
   ██ ▀█████▀ ▀██████▀▀▀  ██
    ██                ▄▄  ██
     ██  ▀▀▀▀███▀▀▀▀▀    ██
      ██    ███
       ██   ███
        ██   ███
Highly Secure
Instant Confirmations
Secure Wallet
      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
shursight

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2017, 10:33:14 PM

Yes it obviously depends on your capital, is not the same to say that you have 1 bitcoin than you have 0.10 bitcoins, you have to say that so we can now what are your plans.
In short term obviously you will have more profit with altcoins, but with strong and good altcoins. And in short term... obviously btc, it will keep going up so it will give you a nice profit in a long term and without any risk, you will increase usd value but not btc.
Better that if you have some knowledge about trading then start trading some coins to make a profit

++++++
+++++++   ++++++
+++++++  +++++++
++++++   +++++++
+++++  +++++++++
      ++++++++++     
+++++++  +++++++
+++++++   ++++++
++++++++  ++++++
++++++++   +++++
++++++++   +++++
+++++++

XRPNow
Ripple Price & News
XRP Price / Ripple News /
XRP Price Prediction

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

COINDOO
Latest Blockchain and Cryptocurrency News   
Bitcoin News Today

++     
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++
++

THECCPRESS
Blockchain & Cryptocurrency Tabloid
Blockchain News Today
avikz
Legendary

Activity: 3080
Merit: 1499

View Profile
August 08, 2017, 10:39:28 PM

If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?

That depends on your risk taking capability as well as your patience. Also you need to clarify your investment term. If you are looking for a long term investment, then block a percentage of your investment for bitcoin. because has the potential to give you a very very high return in long term. So if you are willing to block your capital for longer term, then bitcoin must be purchase.

There are few altcoins as well which has a very good potential in long term. I have also started investing in altcoins recently and bought some ETH, because I feel ETH can be a competitor to the bitcoin just by looking at their market cap. There are options like Dash, Litecoin and many other, but choose wisely.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: