Bitcoin Forum
June 01, 2024, 01:14:40 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Better investement right now, bitcoins or Altcoins.  (Read 26336 times)
$hortCircuit

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 04:22:03 AM

If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?

I would say it's your top 3 alt coins by market cap. The future of the original bitcoin itself is uncertain at the moment. Ton of transaction back logs and other tech issues. A crazy number of forks and cash grabs. And some forks are quite better than Bitcoin itself technology wise. The ATM's being rolled out have already added several coins. And you will see the market start to find its place in 2018. That being said ETH, LTC, & XRP are much more stable than BTC and are poised to have a really good year. Also heard some good talk about "stable coin" but haven't checked it out. The are a few coins who have had a better year than bitcoin. We just don't hear about them because they are not in the thousands of dollars. There are coins that are directly correlated to thensure price of BTC as well. XRP for example gains value as BTC loses value. As for my personal opinion I believe that ETH or IOTA are poised to be the backbone of the technological future. I believe that ETH might actually "become" what we know as the Internet sometime after the rollout of 5G. However the Tangle network that IOTA runs on is a different creature with the ability to expand its throughput as the user activity increases. (Still not sure how they do that) But it could be extremely useful for a multitude of applications. However it runs poorly until it has reached a certain amount of activity and is very widely misunderstood. Maybe it's before it's time. We just have to wait and see if it catches on or not. And if you decide to venture away from the top 3 then you definitely want to stay in the top 20 by market cap/volume as a beginner.  All that being said it is no substitute for doing your research and investing in th right ICO. With the vast number of companies/markets entering the block chain space it is easier now then possibly ever to pick the next "rising star" at the same time there are plenty of scams out there, so as always, proceed with caution. Disclaimer: I am holding XRP & IOTA.
Arthoerra

Activity: 61

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:22:57 AM

Altcoin still has potential as a shortterm investment. Now, many altcoins are beginning to show good direction for investments that may have been done by us some time ago when value still weak. Bitcoin definitely an investment, so rich investors believe.
mrproblem

Activity: 392
Merit: 24

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 05:28:13 AM

Actually ETH is now a sleeping rock star and it is in the edge of psychological limit for 1k . Just with a small pump it can keep itself above 1k like what happened in BCH.
For LTC it already happened and now it will be around 200 - 300.
For XRP and XMR also there is a high potential for 2018
enawati

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

https://adonx.one

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 07:39:44 AM

Bitcoin and some altcoin has big potential in the future, so for the better divide your money in to 2 portfolio Bitcoin by 70% and altcoin by 30%. I think all people doing the same thing, make investment in altcoin will be more difficult to choose it because there alot of altcoin but in my opinion some altcoin that has huge potential is ETH, WAVES, OMG, DASH, NEO, AION, DATA.

guoyu78

Activity: 1190
Merit: 541

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:10:40 AM

is it safe to buy BTC at this period?
Altcoins investors are cashing out their money to get into bitcoin because they want to get into bitcoin community and now there is golden opportunity for them so people who are still aiming to invest in altcoin I recommend them to see the market prices of altcoin mate all are going down go for the future scope and profitable coin and that’s bitcoin for you and for whole mankind so don’t waste money on altcoins.
lienfaye

Activity: 2954
Merit: 629

View Profile
December 29, 2017, 08:11:36 AM

Alt coins are better than bitcoin now a days because bitcoin is very much expensive and alt coins are available at very affordable prices. You can buy numbers of altcoins with small investment. If you hold your altcoin for long time then you will get profit in return.

Alts are now probably the best solution for many small time investors, while big players will go to bitcoin. But think that after few month small time investor will gain bigger income cuz many alt will go up in price for next period, here is crucial if they chose or picked the right alt to invest on.

I agree with you, having your investment diversified is a good decision to make as of now, choosing a stable altcoins that most likely to pump in the future can give you good profit if they go as planned. Btc is expensive and some of us cant afford to buy with the current price but if you want a high chance of return, for me btc is less risky and a good choice too.

obinine

Activity: 238
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:42:35 AM

It is clear:
Bitcoin

Only Bitcoin now
According to my personal experiencebitcoins and some altcoins like ethereum are best for investing. But also depend on your choice that how much you want to invest and in how much time you want to get response. If you want to invest on high level then bitcoin is best otherwise ethereum is best.
macchiato

Activity: 420
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 05:19:40 AM

2018 is the year of altcoins and I think it is better if you start allocating your money and spare some of it for altcoin investments. Bitcoin is still a good investment but make sure you are not missing all the opportunity of gaining profit. Investing in different coins will increase the chance that you gain profit.

OracionSeis

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 19, 2018, 11:18:38 PM

It is clear:
Bitcoin

Only Bitcoin now
According to my personal experiencebitcoins and some altcoins like ethereum are best for investing. But also depend on your choice that how much you want to invest and in how much time you want to get response. If you want to invest on high level then bitcoin is best otherwise ethereum is best.
The fact, Ripple, Verge, or even shitcoin is BCN were pumped higher than Ethereum in the percents growth (in the last year). Although the price of Ethereum has pumped too, but you shouldn't think it's the best coin for long term investment, other altcoins also have same opportunity Wink.

Time off to sleep ... ( ̄︶ ̄)~
19faraon88

Activity: 252
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 12:13:47 AM

Bitcoin still the best to invest. Bitcoin the most popular and powerful cryptocurrency. If bitcoin dropped its price, alternative crypto are also dropping. Bitcoin have a position in world market and trading, others don't have.
Kittygalore

Activity: 868
Merit: 63

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 02:58:33 AM

I must say that altcoins will last shorter than bitcoin's investment. Bitcoin is a long term investment wherein you can put a lot of money in it and hold for about a years while altcoins is just a short time investment that after to gain a profit you will just sell it all. I've been there, invested on altcoin and just loss while in bitcoin im still earning.
ImSuparmin

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

send and receive money instantly, with no hidden c

View Profile
January 20, 2018, 04:18:34 AM

If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?
You can invest Bitcoin for the long term, because Bitcoin is more stable compared to other altcoins, but also Bitcoin digital currency is now again so world talks with a significant increase in the last year up to 1200% increase.

Aleya

Activity: 250
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 22, 2018, 07:58:08 AM

I think it depends on market value. If bitcoin will pump than Altcoin must be dump. So it's depend on market value. But my opinion Bitcoin is the best investment right now. Bitcoin price is always stable but sometime it will be pump or dump. But Bitcoin is best currency rather than Altcoin.
burong1

Activity: 238

BIG AIRDROP: t.me/otppaychat

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:00:25 AM

if im going to choose one which is better investment between bitcoin or altcoins, i would go o bitcoin becausr biycoin nowadays are good and it is one of the trustworthy when it comes to investing and also the price of bitcoin are getting higher and higher so i prefer bitcoin than altcoins.

white.raiden

Activity: 252
Merit: 102

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:18:29 AM

In my opinion bitcoin is the safest one ,because it is main popular bitcoin crytpto currency , for long term bit coin is good, but you can consider buying few  alt coins also as now a days alt coins also gaining more profit like ripple etc. ripple is increasing rapidly day by day . And even ethereum also good, but first choice is bitcoin and then in very amount in Alt coins.
Sexie

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 12:32:33 AM

.        If you are planning to invest  for long term then choose bitcoin. It is more trusted and more stable than any other coins. It’s  been recognisable and been a choice of many big compnanies for ads.,for investment and of any transactions cheaper. One more thing, the value of bitcoin is increasing in the future , so the demand of bitcoin nowadays is great. When you are planning to buy more, be in good timing, when the selling price is low and keep them until the selling price will getting higher that would the time to seek your bitcoin to gain more profits.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
Nfp

Activity: 168
Merit: 14

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 02:18:25 AM

I prefer to bitcoin and ethereum, because this two types of crypto currency are the most reliable and profitable coins that you may owned for a long-term investment. They are also the most popular and most used of all crypto currencies in all ICO's and campaigns in this forum. But it most preferable to invest with bitcoin, because it has a very high volatility that attracts many investors to invest with it, and they know that is has a high potential to create higher value in the future.
otunayode

Activity: 462

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:06:42 AM

Better investment right now is bitcoin. Bitcoin is at it's all time low and the bearish sentiment is still very much dominant in the market. Any idle or disposable funds right now should be invested in bitcoin for enviable profit in the medium to long term.

[   BITVALVEⓇ   |   P2P crypto exchange   ]      ▬▬▬▬    THE MOST ADVANCED P2P
                                      Telegram        Twitter                   CRYPTO EXCHANGE PLATFORM
                                                    Bitcointalk      Facebook            [   ◾◾◾ JOIN ICO      WHITEPAPER   ]
BTCsuccessor

Activity: 73

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:29:14 AM

Im planning to buy bitcoin for long term investment while Im planning to buy altcoins for trading in long term or short term. They are both risky and profitable but today Im more preferred on alts.
natsu01

Activity: 392
Merit: 21

View Profile
January 23, 2018, 05:30:41 AM

I think it is better to invest on altcoins rather than bitcoin because bitcoin nowadays is decreasing and decreasing in it's price or value.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: