Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 08:56:24 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 08:37:36 PM

Btw, the way I was thinking that pay to preach might work is (that is if P2P is approved in the budget), we create a pool receiving address for P2P, we add a proposal for P2P for say 1Q 2018, when approved, the payment is sent to the pool P2P key.  Then we give the pool the ability to reward "priests" who are on the schedule with subsidies after a successful sermon.  So basically, Priests register on the pool, we set up a biweekly sermon in a chatroom, participants come in, the priest preaches to the biblepay group, then the pool releases the payment after the sermon is over.  We keep doing that until the funds are exhausted, and do not vote on a new P2P campaign until exhausted.  We can add "Priests" and "Sermons" objects to the pool so we can see, and we can add a metric for the P2P balance.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
"With e-currency based on cryptographic proof, without the need to trust a third party middleman, money can be secure and transactions effortless." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 08:38:09 PM

my little upgrade  Wink

Nice!

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 04, 2017, 08:39:27 PM

thanks. ive joined the slack and discussion is very light there. i have also applied to the bpay forum and awaiting approval. so im eager to help with dev

also - how did you put the links in your profile footer. id like to do something like that. can you post the stuff here so i can have a template to work from?

I'm quietly working on a signature / footer file set.  The bare bones I'm using now.  But BBCode is pretty simplified HTML, and you can use links by using

Code:
[url=xxx]Link Title[/url]
Nice, will try it.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
coinpimp321

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:57:08 AM

Btw, the way I was thinking that pay to preach might work is (that is if P2P is approved in the budget), we create a pool receiving address for P2P, we add a proposal for P2P for say 1Q 2018, when approved, the payment is sent to the pool P2P key.  Then we give the pool the ability to reward "priests" who are on the schedule with subsidies after a successful sermon.  So basically, Priests register on the pool, we set up a biweekly sermon in a chatroom, participants come in, the priest preaches to the biblepay group, then the pool releases the payment after the sermon is over.  We keep doing that until the funds are exhausted, and do not vote on a new P2P campaign until exhausted.  We can add "Priests" and "Sermons" objects to the pool so we can see, and we can add a metric for the P2P balance.

how about the priests register their address and they are paid by the congregation they gather. ie by donation. this is the only way to weed out scammers who 'preach' and are guaranteed payment. and it keeps them on their toes to establish and audience and not loose it.

otherwise you just have a lot of flyby randoms looking for guaranteed payola who may not even preach anything biblical!
nestleblushing

Activity: 14

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 03:13:01 AM

Need Chinese translation
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:19:35 AM

Load pool:   9193.25%   Huh

coinpimp321

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:50:47 AM

what does that mean exactly?
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:51:38 AM

pool-machine server overloading

noob101

Activity: 41

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 01:43:47 PM

Only 4 people have voted so far on this important issue with 30 days to go:

http://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=33.0

We need about 200 votes imo.

Guys,

I would like to implore everyone to consider voting on this.  It is an important issue that will affect EVERYBODY. 

Thank you.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 01:44:13 PM

what does that mean exactly?
Looks OK now.  Ill look at the logs.

Most likely it registered itself as overloaded while it was doing housecleaning.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
physicianheel

Activity: 20

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 02:43:44 PM

Hey guys, pls tell, does this kind of project have competitors?
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 03:21:27 PM
Last edit: November 05, 2017, 04:31:48 PM by bible_pay

Btw, the way I was thinking that pay to preach might work is (that is if P2P is approved in the budget), we create a pool receiving address for P2P, we add a proposal for P2P for say 1Q 2018, when approved, the payment is sent to the pool P2P key.  Then we give the pool the ability to reward "priests" who are on the schedule with subsidies after a successful sermon.  So basically, Priests register on the pool, we set up a biweekly sermon in a chatroom, participants come in, the priest preaches to the biblepay group, then the pool releases the payment after the sermon is over.  We keep doing that until the funds are exhausted, and do not vote on a new P2P campaign until exhausted.  We can add "Priests" and "Sermons" objects to the pool so we can see, and we can add a metric for the P2P balance.

how about the priests register their address and they are paid by the congregation they gather. ie by donation. this is the only way to weed out scammers who 'preach' and are guaranteed payment. and it keeps them on their toes to establish and audience and not loose it.

otherwise you just have a lot of flyby randoms looking for guaranteed payola who may not even preach anything biblical!

What if we allow any number of "Priests" sign up and register for duty. This just puts them on the clergy list.  They start with 0 feedback level.
A separate action could be that they then can create an Event, and need to enter an event date and duration.

Maybe some of them feel comfortable using a Youtube live stream and maybe the other would rather use a chatroom.  (I kind of like the chatroom in the sense that when we have a Q&A session, all the interactive chat is available for everyone to see and the conversation is about Christianity).  I believe another option is sharing a powerpoint presentation in a slack channel, with slides being explained.  Maybe we let them set up their own presentation URL with whatever materials they want.

Then I think we could allocate something like $10-$200 an hour to the priest for the presentation time, starting at the minimum, (assuming all the preparation of the powerpoint was actually done for free by him/her) but the time is based on the duration of the event plus 2 hours for preparation.  Maybe we make it so the higher the persons reputation grows, the higher the rewards for the next presentation in hourly rewards.  Of course this would be capped and divided by an algorithm depending on how much is in the kitty.

Then after sermons, we can have the users rate via feedback system rate the priest up or sideways so they sort of float to top with a good reputation if they held an edifying sermon.  This is a tricky one because I think we cannot allow a downvote action, as it embarrasses the clergy.  Maybe in this case we only allow upvotes and abstains, and we take the percent of upvotes to actually rank the priest.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Bannedseller

Activity: 581
Merit: 250

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 04:00:41 PM

Can this project be used for charity donation. If yes do you have any contact with any major one
Thanks
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
November 05, 2017, 04:40:15 PM

Can this project be used for charity donation. If yes do you have any contact with any major one
Thanks
http://Accountability.biblepay.org

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
coinpimp321

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 05:34:54 PM

Btw, the way I was thinking that pay to preach might work is (that is if P2P is approved in the budget), we create a pool receiving address for P2P, we add a proposal for P2P for say 1Q 2018, when approved, the payment is sent to the pool P2P key.  Then we give the pool the ability to reward "priests" who are on the schedule with subsidies after a successful sermon.  So basically, Priests register on the pool, we set up a biweekly sermon in a chatroom, participants come in, the priest preaches to the biblepay group, then the pool releases the payment after the sermon is over.  We keep doing that until the funds are exhausted, and do not vote on a new P2P campaign until exhausted.  We can add "Priests" and "Sermons" objects to the pool so we can see, and we can add a metric for the P2P balance.

What if we allow any number of "Priests" sign up and register for duty. This just puts them on the clergy list.  They start with 0 feedback level.
A separate action could be that they then can create an Event, and need to enter an event date and duration.

Maybe some of them feel comfortable using a Youtube live stream and maybe the other would rather use a chatroom.  (I kind of like the chatroom in the sense that when we have a Q&A session, all the interactive chat is available for everyone to see and the conversation is about Christianity).  I believe another option is sharing a powerpoint presentation in a slack channel, with slides being explained.  Maybe we let them set up their own presentation URL with whatever materials they want.

Then I think we could allocate something like $10-$200 an hour to the priest for the presentation time, starting at the minimum, (assuming all the preparation of the powerpoint was actually done for free by him/her) but the time is based on the duration of the event plus 2 hours for preparation.  Maybe we make it so the higher the persons reputation grows, the higher the rewards for the next presentation in hourly rewards.  Of course this would be capped and divided by an algorithm depending on how much is in the kitty.

Then after sermons, we can have the users rate via feedback system rate the priest up or sideways so they sort of float to top with a good reputation if they held an edifying sermon.  This is a tricky one because I think we cannot allow a downvote action, as it embarrasses the clergy.  Maybe in this case we only allow upvotes and abstains, and we take the percent of upvotes to actually rank the priest.

sounds kinda of neat. though 'priests' are more a catholic term than biblical christianity. dont want to open that can of worm lol

i wonder though if this is more an idea on the application layer than a fundamental biblepay core feature. seems lots of work needs to be done on the core first. but its certainly a great idea for 'economizing' the preaching of the Word
boneaustrinus

Activity: 28

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 06:22:53 PM

Great idea. Excellent team! Btw how is my income calculated? (provide an example here as well)
ferohers

Activity: 54

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:09:41 PM

Ok here are my views.

Please do not forget that we are not fully profit based. It means

-we aim to help society so we can ask others to support us. This can start from elimination of some costs to certain tax deductions which others might not have. you can nicely ask exchanges to eleminate the costs by explaining the project and it will support digital currencies to grow. If they support us, this is also good PR for them. We can create special place on Biblepay website - such as tech Sponsors etc.

- Any chance to have ssl on website and the pool? It will help beginners to feel more secure. Cloudflare was issuing free ssl and comodo offered ssl for 5$.

-human verification on website to sign up was a bit misleading.
ferohers

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 07:41:07 PM

Ok here are my views.

-we aim to help society so we can ask others to support us. This can start from elimination of some costs to certain tax deductions which others might not have. you can nicely ask exchanges to eleminate the costs by explaining the project and it will support digital currencies to grow. If they support us, this is also good PR for them. We can create special place on Biblepay website - such as tech Sponsors etc.

- Any chance to have ssl on website and the pool? It will help beginners to feel more secure. Cloudflare was issuing free ssl and comodo offered ssl for 5$.

What 'human verification' are you talking about? at pool.biblepay.org ? It has been a while since I joined the pool, I cannot remember that process.

SSL? I am not really sold on this ssl stuff, in fact I think that might be some kind of lies about that stuff,
to aggrandize certain people who invented the notion that websites would be more secure with their invented ssl thing.

Please do not take it personal. I underlined the important parts

https://image.ibb.co/gDruOG/image.png

https://thumb.ibb.co/dmSeqw/image.png

Browsers start labeling websites unsecure due to lack of ssl. This hurts your google ranking as well.

https://www.wordfence.com/blog/2017/01/chrome-56-ssl-https-wordpress/

ferohers

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:10:25 PM

Ok here are my views.

What 'human verification' are you talking about? at pool.biblepay.org ? It has been a while since I joined the pool, I cannot remember that process.

SSL? I am not really sold on this ssl stuff, in fact I think that might be some kind of lies about that stuff,
to aggrandize certain people who invented the notion that websites would be more secure with their invented ssl thing.

Please do not take it personal. I underlined the important parts

image.ibb.co/gDruOG/image.png

thumb.ibb.co/dmSeqw/image.png

Your user account at bitcointalk is too new, those pictures do not show, do you really think I will click on random links like that? Just write what you are trying to say, instead of putting links to unknown pics with a noobie account.
No, when I put the ssl on my website, then the browser told me my website was insecure, but when there was no ssl, the website worked fine and was viewable without being blocked by the ssl. i think ssl theories are maybe a virus on the internet. ssl is spam maybe. by trying to put ssl on my website, maybe i opened the door to a virus?
it is similar to someone who pretends to be security, but is in fact a thief.
ssl wants to lord it over the internet, and I think it may be a spyware virus.
Thank you for your interest in biblepay coin BBP

Repent, and Give Glory To God

Sorry but your behavior is quite silly which entertained me alot. You are not believing ssl but also afraid to click a link which is hosted on imgbb.com. I start believing there is no end to stupidity it just goes forever for some.

If you cannot take constructive criticism you probably having hard time in your life. You cannot control your behavior how possibly make this thread better?

SSL is important because major browsers start marking websites insecure and lower their ranks.

Someone who had 20ish post behaving like I am old here. I am only here for biblepay dear. I try to help instead of lying and manipulating like you. I posted things which are real and can increase the reputation of this coin.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
November 05, 2017, 08:31:20 PM

I think the higher our rank in the search engines, the better. No tinfoil hats needed.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
Pages: « 1 ... 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 [152] 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: