Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:22:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 08:43:02 AM

Re: - Web Browser mining of Monero

Full disclosure: I don;t understand enough to know how viable this would be, or how efficient it would be, but:

In my opinion this would be amazing for the simple reason that it would (give an option to) simplify mining for ANYONE. Imagine if my mum, who can turn on a computer and click Google Chrome but not much else, could simply click a link in her web browser and then she is mining, helping the orphans/charity, supporting the network, and possibly earning for herself.

If it could be set up to either enter your BBP address OR directly mine to the charity address then that would be perfect. In this way we can say to Christians in churches everywhere, if you want to help these chairties, simply click this link and leave it running. Simple.

I think this is an excellent idea! If it can be implemented in a simple way, like browsing to a certain url to start mining, I can really see this going places. I can imagine that a lot of technically unskilled people would like the idea of helping others by 'donating' a bit of cpu-power.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
PhaseshiftUK

Activity: 345
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 10:54:42 AM

Re: - Web Browser mining of Monero

Full disclosure: I don;t understand enough to know how viable this would be, or how efficient it would be, but:

In my opinion this would be amazing for the simple reason that it would (give an option to) simplify mining for ANYONE. Imagine if my mum, who can turn on a computer and click Google Chrome but not much else, could simply click a link in her web browser and then she is mining, helping the orphans/charity, supporting the network, and possibly earning for herself.

If it could be set up to either enter your BBP address OR directly mine to the charity address then that would be perfect. In this way we can say to Christians in churches everywhere, if you want to help these chairties, simply click this link and leave it running. Simple.

I think this is an excellent idea! If it can be implemented in a simple way, like browsing to a certain url to start mining, I can really see this going places. I can imagine that a lot of technically unskilled people would like the idea of helping others by 'donating' a bit of cpu-power.

I also agree that the web-mining option would be a great way to lower the barrier to entry.  One thing though - it must be OPT IN.  By that I mean that there must be something that the user has to do to start it, so they are not unaware that it is running, in a very clear manner; e.g. a nice big shiny "Start Mining BiblePay" button and a notice that it will be (or 'is' if it only appears after clicking that button) using CPU resources while they are mining until they either close the page or click "Stop Mining".  Making it start running as soon as you navigate to the page may lead to negative publicity, like The Pirate Bay and a couple of other sites received.

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
PhaseshiftUK

Activity: 345

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:06:09 AM

Letter writing should be awarded instead of penalized. Current way is not good. I am really not good at writing. Just copy and make a few changes does not make sense to me. Also there should be a least a cap like 5%. I do not mind to pay 5% to support charity. But any fee above 5% is kind of ridiculous. Let someone with talent to write the letter and get some rewards.

If the fee keep rising without a cap, I will try to follow the instruction to build a pool. But at the first glance, the instruction is hard to follow.

You make a good point.

I agree, its getting to the level where it is almost "redicules" now, so lets all try to think of a stopgap.

Probably the most obvious stopgap is this the short term:

** Anyone who has a pool account that has not written a letter to an orphan yet, please consider clicking on Orphans | Active Sponsored Orphan List, and clicking on one that says "Need Written"=TRUE, and please, write one letter to one of our orphans. **

The intermediate solution:  Rewarding the ones that are good at letter writing.  TBD.  Ideas are welcome.

Yes, other pools are hopefully coming (mine I'm still struggling with but have two days off, so it's project job one!).  Two things could be handy, one, capping the max non-writer at 5% or less (3% would be my suggestion).  Second, advertising better that letter writing is subsidized by the "penalty" fee.  Side note, it may be too long ago, but I cannot find the letter subsidy in my history (nor for that matter the pool subsidy from the Oct 1 issue).  Might be because the fields in distribution history look sortable but I cannot do that in firefox.

The longer term solution is to have a definitive reward system for writing and the ability to subsidize it directly from the operating fund.  Nothing huge, but a few hundred per approved letter up to once every 30 days.  Have the MN give the letter writing priviledge for Orphan 47 to User 113.  And really the letter writing should be split from the function of the pool, to a function of a dedicated website or sub-domain. 

The letter writing is already rewarded (although I note that the reward seemed to magically appear in my pool rewards, it doesn't appear to be added to the reward history).  So there is both a carrot and a stick to encourage people to write letters.

The interface to do so it not as intuitive as it could be though.  I consider myself very competent with IT (having a Computing degree and many years IT support and systems administration experience), but I still had  to ask how to write a letter.  Maybe even just adding some more instructions to pages would help users with how to navigate and read profiles/write letters?

Multiple Fiat currencies and buy/sell of Cryptocurrencies supported. Exchange EUR or USD to your local currency at low inter-bank rates.
InkPink

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:19:06 AM

Is there any religion behind this new coin launch? They shouldn't use the bible to earn income.
ferohers

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 13, 2017, 11:29:16 AM

Is there any religion behind this new coin launch? They shouldn't use the bible to earn income.

Did you read the page #1 ? Seems you judge by the name.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 01:56:08 PM

Well technically you can start a Muslim sanctuary for biblepay, and vote on Muslim charities, but the basic spirit I am trying to set a template for is that we will have a supermajority that agree on donating to charities that are highly efficient (where over 70% of the funds reach the one in need), help in a way the Bible asks us to help (helping orphans and widows in distress), and basically allows you to answer this question when you stand in front of Jesus at judgement day: Did you know me?

I am not ashamed to say I worship the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.  Our #1 charity has the words below their slogan "In Jesus Name".  Its no accident they do, as the spirit of helping orphans comes from Gods commandments (if you download our wallet, click on Jesus' concise commandments in Help).

But we have no specific requirement as to what type of sanctuary you start.  After the sanctuaries go live, I become a normal participant of Bible Pay.  I have to be active and vote with my funds to help keep this a Christian community, but it can certainly turn out to be 20% Muslim/80% Christian, for example, depending on who likes it in the future.

As far as mixing God & Mammon, I totally agree.  I made a post a long while back that in this case, we deliberately place all the risk on you as the investor, and tithe 10% of the block chain to charity right off the bat.  This means that if you want to take a risk to "earn income" as you say, the money is technically all coming from our own community and it at risk.  Its the long term idea that might pay off in the end.  In a nutshell, we become an asset that makes you feel good to hold.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 02:00:25 PM

Does some one facing with problems to mining via proxy(socks5).

Server does not have direct access to internet.

My PC has direct access to internet, I'm using CCproxy 8.0.

The odd thing that synchronization itself is working perfectly while mining not....

getmininginfo
{
  "blocks": 11914,
  "currentblocksize": 1522,
  "currentblocktx": 1,
  "difficulty": 10408.77934579507,
  "errors": "",
  "genproclimit": 4,
  "networkhashps": 655973063808.8005,
  "hashps": 12451.12393121292,

}

Hi, why do you say mining is not working?  (You would have to tell us what your config is and paste the config contents and tell us if solo mining or pool mining)- then I can tell you if you are hitting the pool also and what the codes mean.

But anyway I see your Hashps is 12451, so you appear to be solo mining properly.

I think you are OK!  Proxy is working.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2017, 03:37:52 PM

Here is my Config:
poolport=80
pool=http://pool.biblepay.org
workerid=<myworker_id>
gen=1
genproclimit=6

WorkerId, is not appear in Pool Home

command:  getmininginfo

says:
"poolmining": false

PS: I have a wallet running on PC with direct access to internet without any issues.

Hmm, I only have to suggestions to start on but maybe we can get deeper after you try these two:

1) Try setting up the miner on a pc with no proxy and ensure it appears in the leaderboard first - then you know your worker is working and the settings are good

2) Try changing the pool port to the proxy port.  You may have to call your network IT technician in to see if you can do this from the command line:
telnet pool.biblepay.org 80

Once that connects and clears the screen, then the pool should be working from within client. 

I have never tested a proxy with our new pool.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 02:22:23 AM

I think this coin needs a new logo. Better design. Nothing against the current one, respect for the designer, but it seems too bland and made in a hurry. We all could propose a design, then vote and sugest inprovements. If the dev agrees, of course.  Grin

I also wonder, can you find a Gen II or Gen III wallet designer?

(Not a logo designer, a Gen II pro-themer).

Take a look at this thread:

https://cryptocurrencytalk.com/topic/14745-fundraiser-for-gen2-wallet-theme/

They went through it and it looks like a really FUN process!  We could put links for Exchanges, for Prayers, (CBN.COM! in wallet), for Block Explorer, and take care of the theme all at the same time.  Im willing to put up $500 of biblepay for this too.  And $500 of biblepay for the logo.  

All I ask is some contributions from the community for the remainder to the themer, and the community gets to choose the final designs, colors, etc.

Why dont you start a contest on freelancer.com ? For the top 10 entriesö you can invite everyone to vote for the best logo etc.

For 100-150$ you can have 400+ entrants for a logo. (inviting top talents to the contest helps alot)

I agree with this.  I've bought a few custom logos on there for under $100.  The quality is top notch and you get to support someone in a developing country at the same time.

Yes, this look like a good idea. And the contest in a worldwide known site can help promote the coin and gain more supporters. Lots of talent out there, underdogs artists that should have their chance.

Who wants to volunteer to start and run this campaign?  If I do it, its going to be after Christmas, so id rather personally have someone else take the initiative to baby this and manage it all the way through in a dedicated thread.  Ill give you admin access to forum.biblepay.org to manage the whole topic.  You would be responsible for putting up a downpayment with a credit card to start their campaign and starting a fundraiser for BBP for the total cost in the new forum thread.

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Biblepay-Cryptocurrency-New-Logo-1157004.html

In seven days we will hopefully have a few good entries.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 03:08:29 AM

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/Biblepay-Cryptocurrency-New-Logo-1157004.html

In seven days we will hopefully have a few good entries.

This is really cool that you are taking the initiative to start a contest for an upgraded logo pack.

So on the logo pack, here are some of the technical details you can add to the requirements so we can do this right and have a logo that lasts a few years that the entire community gets a say in voting on  (although, $100 sounds like a bit low and would be better than the one we have now, but I think we need to offer a higher maximum prize to attact the stunning logo entries (this is usually a $900 prize- you can hold a fundraiser in BBP for the entire amount so dont worry if we have to raise it higher)): 
We need:

- A 220x220 small PNG round logo that looks like a coin that has a transparent background- with lettering around the edge
   b. A 32x32 .ico version of the above PNG used for icons
- a 3000 x 1000 horizontal banner PNG (transparent background) with "BIBLEPAY" text horizontally next to the coin on the left (use the multi-color coin with the TEXT in the coin)
 b.  A 3000x1000 horizontal banner PNG (transparent background) with "BIBLEPAY" text horizontally next to the coin on the left (use the monochrome coin without text)
- A 96x96 and 220x220 monochrome (one-color) version of the coin logo with NO TEXT (This is used in the wallet for minimized forms, and in places or web site areas that need our new logo with no text)
- One extra submission idea is to have "Divinum, Sanctitas, Justitia" around the edge of the coin
- A 700x520 PNG splash image with a transparent background containing a picture of a Wallet in the background with the coin overlaid on the wallet (this is the splash screen for bootup)- Btw, Im wide open for ideas Other than Wallet pictures for the background of this- this is a splash image for bootup.

This way, the designers can have a more complete idea of what we need to rebrand the entire wallet professionally.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:25:53 AM

The specifications have been updated, the reward has been increased (not quite to what you suggested, but in line with what I saw other larger scale projects)

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 03:34:32 AM

The specifications have been updated, the reward has been increased (not quite to what you suggested, but in line with what I saw other larger scale projects)

Great, will we be able to see the logos live and let the community help choose the winner along the way?

It would be nice for the community to offer some input on the favorite color scheme, background image in any quadrants (IE wires, crosses, Orphans, whatever- palm branches, etc), font type, etc as maybe the final image will get tweaked to what they like.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:37:14 AM

Its a sealed contest, what I've gathered is those get higher quality entries.  So once it closes we'll have 14 days to select a winner, and there is polling system we can use to do it here or at the forum.

JungleOnion

Activity: 868
Merit: 279

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 03:44:16 AM

so its there already an amount set to run a masternode in december? I only have 100k but hopefully I can mine some and buy some more.

The Testnet is 500K Test BBP.  The value talked about has been 1,000,000.  While that is a lofty number in some ways, it's very attainable in the marketplace compared to many other MN coins.  At the end of the day, I would say with 95% certainty, the final value will be between 750,000 and 1,500,000 for a masternode.  Part of it will get resolved during the test run, since the coin benefits from having some number of masternodes, but the valuation of the coin is boosted by scarcity, and a high coin masternode should increase scarcity and lead to a more stable valuation than something low.  Just my two cents, and for the record, I hope to be running a MN or two (am doing one in Testnet to help the coin and educate myself).

that's awesome. sucks I don't have linux in the computer I have a static IP, if I did I would test it too and see how it goes, I own a couple of other coins masternodes and I'm interesting how this one works. I agree that scarcity gives value, and with a big % of supply locked in, circulating supply will become valuable.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 03:44:36 AM

Its a sealed contest, what I've gathered is those get higher quality entries.  So once it closes we'll have 14 days to select a winner, and there is polling system we can use to do it here or at the forum.

Oh ok great, so we can all choose towards the end of the contest on one of the forums, sweet!  Most likely they will all make one image for the contest (or maybe a page with elements on it), and once we see all the top designs, maybe we can tailor the final one a little bit depending on what the forum likes - I assume (IE while the designer goes from the mock-up to submitting the entire winning logo pack).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2017, 03:47:39 AM

so its there already an amount set to run a masternode in december? I only have 100k but hopefully I can mine some and buy some more.

The Testnet is 500K Test BBP.  The value talked about has been 1,000,000.  While that is a lofty number in some ways, it's very attainable in the marketplace compared to many other MN coins.  At the end of the day, I would say with 95% certainty, the final value will be between 750,000 and 1,500,000 for a masternode.  Part of it will get resolved during the test run, since the coin benefits from having some number of masternodes, but the valuation of the coin is boosted by scarcity, and a high coin masternode should increase scarcity and lead to a more stable valuation than something low.  Just my two cents, and for the record, I hope to be running a MN or two (am doing one in Testnet to help the coin and educate myself).

that's awesome. sucks I don't have linux in the computer I have a static IP, if I did I would test it too and see how it goes, I own a couple of other coins masternodes and I'm interesting how this one works. I agree that scarcity gives value, and with a big % of supply locked in, circulating supply will become valuable.

You can get an ubuntu on vultr.com for $5 a month, and then leave it on for mining until masternodes come online.
Tomorrow we are going to be Very busy in testnet.... testing sanctuaries.  I have a push for the web site in the morning for us to test proposals.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
AmXProX

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 03:59:17 AM

Is this like a fundraiser coin? A coin connected to faith. This kind of project should show pictures of their devs. Or it should be considered as "cultcoins"

Betnomi300%█████████████████████   ████   ██
DEPOSIT
BONUS

████   ████
UP
TO
20%█████████████████████   ████   ██
WEEKLY
CASHBACK

████   ████
100%█████████████████████   ████   ██
RAKEBACK

████   ████
█▀▀▀▀▀

█▄▄▄▄▄
Play now!
▀▀▀▀▀█

▄▄▄▄▄█
616westwarmoth

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 05:24:41 AM

Is this like a fundraiser coin? A coin connected to faith. This kind of project should show pictures of their devs. Or it should be considered as "cultcoins"

Its not a fundraiser coin nor strictly connected to any faith (beyond being based on the King James Bible). It uses a novel algo to be GPU and ASIC resistant.  It's not an ICO.  It is a new coin type.  The Dev is not looking for praise nor accolades (despite the fact he deserves both).  The coins sets aside 10% of the newly minted (mined) coins for the "Orphan Fund" which for the time being sponsors children at Compassion.com.  When masternodes go live (end of the year) the charitable function will be overseen by the community with the standard being 75% or better efficient charities.  There was no premine, no dev share.  At the first of the year when masternodes come into play 5% of the newly minted coins will be reserved for IT/marketing/development.  But again, the community will have to approve the use.

There are many types of users here, some are very religious in the Christian faith, some are very agnostic, some believe in helping out their fellow man, some see a potentially promising new coin for personal gain.

slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 09:53:46 AM

exists any fund for LOGO? i can send few €
thanks

ferohers

Activity: 54

View Profile
October 14, 2017, 12:12:46 PM
Last edit: October 14, 2017, 12:29:24 PM by ferohers

Its a sealed contest, what I've gathered is those get higher quality entries.  So once it closes we'll have 14 days to select a winner, and there is polling system we can use to do it here or at the forum.

To increase the chance of getting better results do not forget to invite top talents.

https://preview.ibb.co/dMagVb/1.png

I was after a minimalist logo, so I searched logo designers with "minimal", "flat" keywords and then invited them to my project.

I am not sure minimal will suit the best so a few minimalist artist a few icon artist etc can be invited. This will increase the overall quality as well.

A few suggestions
1) All designs should have white background (transparent is ok). No mockup should be allowed. Which will surely mislead non-designers.
2) Always do a cross check if the logo is genuine. Google images and tiny eye will give you hints.
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: