Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 12:44:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
seasonw

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 01:55:49 PM

For those not aware, we have sponsored a logo contest at Freelancer.

The contest entry phase has now closed.  We have 14 days to select a winner. Most of the entries are for JUST a logo, and not the complete package, so I will get in touch with Freelancer to determine how we can get additional material guaranteed with the prize money.  So the following link is the pool to select from what I think are the eight front runners (I'd have liked to had 10 but eight is the limit).  Many of the front runners submitted multiple designs with various tweaks and most seemed receptive to changes.

Go, vote and lets see if we have a new logo!

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/poll-MTE1NzAwNDox

If you'd like to donate BBP to help defray the costs, my donation address is BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG but please give feedback on the contest without feeling any obligation.

Lets recognize this logo contest West is holding for us, and thank West for holding the contest.

THANK YOU WEST!

His donation address is :
BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG

At our current market price (.0007), we will need to raise 571,000 biblepay coins to pay for this $400 expense as a community!  (Without waiting til January to create a proposal).  So I think we need to start pitching in on this one so he is reimbursed for his credit card expense.  

Could we please post here, everyone who donates, and West please keep tabs of what you still need and just keep reposting after you receive something in the kitty until the balance is down low enough for it to end.

I just sent 70,000 BBP to West to Kick this off.

Please consider donating for our logo.

20,000BBP has been sent to BGtF8NTiUF3cTMJ62Ps7G1wtYU7sD5nkvG. Thanks for your effort, west Smiley

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
jaapgvk

Activity: 574
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 03:31:03 PM

I lean towards a minimalistic approach then it comes to logo's.

I really like the 'BP' letters from 450, with the integrated cross, but I don't really care for the rest of that particular design.
I also like 446, 429 and 351.

Donated 20.000 btw Smiley

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
duongtien86

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

Lucky Man

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:23:12 PM

Nice project with best trust team. i like it

I will inverting

Thanks Sir!

▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ▶▶▶▶ Get Your Free Tokens Now ◀◀◀◀  First PoS Smart Contract Token
    PoSToken       Free Airdrop ●  No-ICO ●  100% Annual Interest First Year
▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓    ANN ●  WebSite  ●  Twitter  ●  Slack  ●  Whitepaper

http://bdsmtoken.io/
jaapgvk

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 04:53:52 PM

99.99 bbp incoming to my wallet

thank you someone Smiley

by the way, i do not like the pink background in the wallet,
and i tried to change the theme in the way mentioned in a post above, but i don't see any changes,
unless i am missing something,
and no changes at all in the background when I looked at the bible text.

That was me Smiley

To copy your address on the pool site you have to use CTRL+V (in Windows). At least, when I try to copy an address using my right mouse button, I only get a 'customize' label (using Chrome).

About the Faucet: are you sure that you're on the mainnet and the pool website is also on the mainnet? If you try again and it doesn't work, I'll try the faucet with your biblepay adres to see where it goes wrong.

🕇 BiblePay (BBP) | Reddit - Twitter - Forum - Discord | SouthXchange | Love one another, be a good Samaritan, help those in distress and spread the gospel 🕇
jaapgvk

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:03:19 PM

I see we can read the bible inside the wallet,
but I want a darker background(black or dark grey) with darkish-orange letters(not bright),
because the white background hurts the eyes.

dull-orange(not bright orange) letters on a dark-background(i find this is one of the best combinations to be easier on the eyes)
http://pichoster.net/images/2017/10/22/89eb7378b2afb03431d07f7c7218c70a.png

*note: i am not advertising any other coins, this pic is used just for illustration purposes only
(i cannot post pics here at bitcointalk.org with this new account yet)

maybe offer users the option for different themes in the biblepay wallet, but also for reading the bible?

also, the ability to have bold letters would be my favorite, sometimes the non-bold letters do not show well on the dark background.

*note: i am not accustomed to the commands in the paint program on this new computer, my old computer broke which had programs i was more familiar with, so the pic isn't as good as it could be, but gives you the idea of what i am talking about
Yes, and some of the most powerful prayers are built in too (Under the Bible menu).
Could you try this first please: Click settings | options | display | user interface theme, and change the theme, and tell us if any of those work?  Im just curious if it changes your bible background color.  If not let us know and we can probably make a dark theme when we get the new logo pack in and add it to that theme dropdown.

I tried this, and it doesn't change the background of the wallet nor the verses:

I would like a dark theme Smiley

vitja2002

Activity: 553
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:12:43 PM

This does look awfully similar to jesus coin,  are there any fundamental differences aside from the mining?

jaapgvk

View Profile
October 22, 2017, 05:17:48 PM

This does look awfully similar to jesus coin,  are there any fundamental differences aside from the mining?

Jesuscoin is an obvious satire and doubles as a get-rich-quick scheme. Biblepay had good intentions and actually helps people. I think the two couldn't be further apart.

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 06:14:12 PM

Jesuscoin is an obvious satire and doubles as a get-rich-quick scheme. Biblepay had good intentions and actually helps people. I think the two couldn't be further apart.

Plus we are an actual wallet with actual software and with actual pool software and with hundreds of K of custom code, whereas Jesuscoin is not a wallet, has no software, and is just one line of code that someone created in Ethereum to ask for donations.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 06:18:02 PM

I see we can read the bible inside the wallet,
but I want a darker background(black or dark grey) with darkish-orange letters(not bright),
because the white background hurts the eyes.

dull-orange(not bright orange) letters on a dark-background(i find this is one of the best combinations to be easier on the eyes)
http://pichoster.net/images/2017/10/22/89eb7378b2afb03431d07f7c7218c70a.png

*note: i am not advertising any other coins, this pic is used just for illustration purposes only
(i cannot post pics here at bitcointalk.org with this new account yet)

maybe offer users the option for different themes in the biblepay wallet, but also for reading the bible?

also, the ability to have bold letters would be my favorite, sometimes the non-bold letters do not show well on the dark background.

*note: i am not accustomed to the commands in the paint program on this new computer, my old computer broke which had programs i was more familiar with, so the pic isn't as good as it could be, but gives you the idea of what i am talking about
Yes, and some of the most powerful prayers are built in too (Under the Bible menu).
Could you try this first please: Click settings | options | display | user interface theme, and change the theme, and tell us if any of those work?  Im just curious if it changes your bible background color.  If not let us know and we can probably make a dark theme when we get the new logo pack in and add it to that theme dropdown.

I tried this, and it doesn't change the background of the wallet nor the verses:

I would like a dark theme Smiley

Thanks for checking, sounds like we have a 3rd cool project-

Integration with Amazon API so we can have a BiblePay store where you can buy things with BBP, Dark theme in wallet, and one-click Web Mining! 
Oh, some of these are so temping I will probably crack and program one of them before Christmas.

In the mean time, any Pro cryptocoin devs ready for a biblical Mission?

Im also working with zinc.io and cloudflare - Im thinking the God nodes might be able to integrate with cloudflare and perform as a web server for accountability.biblepay.org eventually.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 22, 2017, 06:20:34 PM

99.99 bbp incoming to my wallet

thank you someone Smiley

by the way, i do not like the pink background in the wallet,
and i tried to change the theme in the way mentioned in a post above, but i don't see any changes,
unless i am missing something,
and no changes at all in the background when I looked at the bible text.

That was me Smiley

To copy your address on the pool site you have to use CTRL+V (in Windows). At least, when I try to copy an address using my right mouse button, I only get a 'customize' label (using Chrome).

About the Faucet: are you sure that you're on the mainnet and the pool website is also on the mainnet? If you try again and it doesn't work, I'll try the faucet with your biblepay adres to see where it goes wrong.

Yeah, I think he  must have been on testnet, I just tested and everything is OK.  Pool has been up solid for about 10 days now, new record.

We will see how MinersForMen is faring soon also.

There is a 'Gotcha' in prod right now if you click proposals, it forces you onto testnet- be aware of that guys, its just a safeguard to ensure no proposals are entered into Prod til after Christmas.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
tryyouman

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:25:51 PM

Hi dev.

About the letter.
Please do not forget those who can not speak English.

Because I can not speak English, this sentence is written in google translation.

The topic here can be read with little knowledge and google translation, but I can not write letters to children.
(Because it is translated into strange sentences like this post.)
It may not be a concern at this stage, but forcing a letter may exclude someone who can not speak English in the future.

I love this coin and I do not think that constraints due to not writing a letter are bad.
I also know that it is impossible to respond to multiple languages ​​at this stage.

So if you are thinking of too stringent constraints in the future, please think about those who can not speak English.

This is my hope and a positive proposal.

Thanks.
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:32:46 PM

Robert:are you thinking about non-english states for writing letters?

tryyouman +100

tryyouman

Activity: 35

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 01:34:08 PM

20,000bbp donated to west.
slovakia

Activity: 770

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 03:16:58 PM

Shocked
https://news.bitcoin.com/wild-case-of-religion-bitcoin-hacking-ends-in-prison-sentences/

bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 05:00:31 PM

Very interesting. 
The wired article was a little ambiguous but it looks like the pastor turned over the churches credit union to coin.mx to help launder money, and somehow he accepted kickbacks for himself.  Once you start dipping into Gods kitty you would be on the path to hell- there are many NDE videos out there claiming the pastors are burning after stealing from the church.

I think the lesson here is to be very sensitive about how we eventually facilitate fiat to be exchanged for BBP.  (IE technologically speaking, to partner with FINCEN registered vendors).

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 05:08:13 PM

am really glad I found biblepay coin,
cpu minable coin,
and helps out orphans,
and has bible available to read in the wallet,

1 corinthians 3:11 to 3:15
3:11   For other foundation can no man lay than that is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

3:12   Now if any man build upon this foundation gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, stubble;

3:13   Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.

3:14   If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.

3:15   If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

Nice- 1st Corinthians 3

Let every man build on a solid foundation, as only the elements extending God's Kingdom will exist after judgement day.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
paramind22

Activity: 2646
Merit: 550

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 06:40:39 PM

Looks like a great project.  Transferring some funds to buy some at C-CEX.  I mentioned you also in the JesusToken thread.  We've given away over one million in the first month and have continuous airdrops for doing Christian-related things.

ride22

Activity: 131
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:03:46 PM

I just spent a good amount of time trying to read through a majority of these pages, and wow what a fun experience.   Shocked

Honestly, I can see the intent of the coin (and I like it since my wife and I adopted our daughter), but I don't know how it stays viable if it can't be sold, due to lack of value, and you try and discourage people from mining it by adding blog requirements, repent nows, and so on.  I have been part of several dead alt coins at this point, and with all of the confusion with this one I don't know how it ever grows. 

Hope I am wrong, and some clarification as to how this ever sustains itself would be great.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2017, 07:44:04 PM

I just spent a good amount of time trying to read through a majority of these pages, and wow what a fun experience.   Shocked

Honestly, I can see the intent of the coin (and I like it since my wife and I adopted our daughter), but I don't know how it stays viable if it can't be sold, due to lack of value, and you try and discourage people from mining it by adding blog requirements, repent nows, and so on.  I have been part of several dead alt coins at this point, and with all of the confusion with this one I don't know how it ever grows. 

Hope I am wrong, and some clarification as to how this ever sustains itself would be great.
After approx. 24 months, it will sustain itself at the convex between its intrinsic and projected future value.
The intrinsic being built up now, these are standard valuations where we bring new value to the blockchain.
In 12 months, one will be able to point out some definite value added by BiblePay (other than helping orphans).

Regarding the ability to mine, you can see that I took the popular advice in this case, but note that even if we did alter the sell side of this coin, that does not necessarily mean failure. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
Huan Pres

Activity: 28

View Profile
October 23, 2017, 07:54:34 PM

Is this coin related about Christian? I might prefer some Sincoin Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Pages: « 1 ... 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 [139] 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: