Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:26:01 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119794 times)
PewPewGoesTheDuck

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 03:51:02 PM

I'm on board with 5% going to the dev and others for supporting the coin. If you spend as much time as something like this requires then you should get paid for it.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sxafir

Activity: 1022
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 04:01:17 PM

My test in 1 hour ryzen 1500x 2 thread in pool  15 biblepay.
inblue

Activity: 462
Merit: 103

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:16:04 PM

On fair use, it's unfortunately a pretty complex thing.  I used to work in the media, so I do know a bit of what I'm talking about here.  The issue would be at first, when the coin is small, there wouldn't be any problems.  Even if copyright / fair use was violated, it wouldn't be worth the time for a company to chase it down.  This would likely lead to bad habits becoming ingrained as it pertains to copyright and fair use.

The risk is lets say I word-for-word copy a news article today.  It becomes part of the block chain.  Five years from now, the DAO is bringing in $250,000 a year.  Some lawyer looks at our block chain, has the proof we violated copyright and sues the DAO (since they cannot identify the writer with ease, and ultimately, you sue who has the money).  They would likely win.  To avoid this, you'd have to have all the articles vetted.  This becomes a logistical nightmare.

Worse, if something untrue was reported, and it was done in a malicious way, the DAO could get sued for liable.  Since there would be no way to retract the article (immutable) the damages could be significant and ongoing.

The ultimate issue becomes, the block chain is immutable.  If something gets posted to a website, it can be changed, or deleted.  If the article itself is the block chain, there is no easy way to fix errors.

Well said. I'm not taking anyone's side, but this seems reasonable.
slovakia

Activity: 770
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 06:47:39 PM

by me nobody knows how mining working on pool HAHAHA

my 2core HPS1=26352.78   HPS2=31110.56   71 shares
my 4core HPS1=33680.53   HPS2=29021.59   66 shares
my 6core HPS1=63561.04   HPS2=31441.99   73 shares

ryzen 8core/16SMT HPS1=15228.37   HPS2=17555.01   40 shares  Shocked

very weird results ... when i jumped to minining with my 2 X CPU  10cores/20HT i got HPS1=320000   but HPS2= only 36000

where is bug?  nobody knows = i tried on ubuntu 16.04 with all ranges of cpuproclimit

2xxeon 2630v4 = 20cores/40HT must be got HPS2 over 200 000  but got only 36000?  Huh??

MY CONCLUSION= best results got with old shit 2core for 40€

MISHMASH MINING COIN

oliwer21

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 07:35:00 PM

by me nobody knows how mining working on pool HAHAHA

my 2core HPS1=26352.78   HPS2=31110.56   71 shares
my 4core HPS1=33680.53   HPS2=29021.59   66 shares
my 6core HPS1=63561.04   HPS2=31441.99   73 shares

ryzen 8core/16SMT HPS1=15228.37   HPS2=17555.01   40 shares  Shocked

very weird results ... when i jumped to minining with my 2 X CPU  10cores/20HT i got HPS1=320000   but HPS2= only 36000

where is bug?  nobody knows = i tried on ubuntu 16.04 with all ranges of cpuproclimit

2xxeon 2630v4 = 20cores/40HT must be got HPS2 over 200 000  but got only 36000?  Huh??

MY CONCLUSION= best results got with old shit 2core for 40€

MISHMASH MINING COIN
I switched to laptop mining... changed ryzen 7 with 3,7all core to pentium n3530(atom). HPS on pentium better but HPS2 has half of ryzen... pentium best has tdp 7,5W, ryzen around 160W...
slovakia

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 08:13:42 PM

this coin is coded very very very bad differents results with diff CPUs  Angry

bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
October 02, 2017, 08:51:34 PM

Two things:

1) This algorithm is designed to prevent mining outside of CPUS.

2) This community IS NOT ABOUT MAKING YOU MONEY.

We are doing exactly that, so apparently its working flawlessly. 

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
znffal

Activity: 364
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 09:25:57 PM

Hi all,

I'm completely new to mining but was given a comp with an i5 and 6Gb of RAM so I thought I'd give it a try. Really like the charity aspect of biblepay so I want to do this. I have a few questions, if you would be so kind as to help me.

1. Is there any plans for being able to buy Biblepay coin via the website? Other coins have done this. We could add a 10% fee and donate that to the charity. Currently I cannot buy because I only trade at Cryptopia.

2. Apart from the excellent use for charity, how will this coin be used? I could imagine a really great way would be to try to get some charities to accept donations in biblepay coin. Or some big Christian online retailers to accept for goods and services. That would really be something I would like to see.

3. Regarding mining, I am new. Is there any security concerns with mining? Apart from the excellent instructions to set up the miner, should I be doing anything else with my PC to protect myself?

4. I would be interested in joining a slack if one is ever created.

5. No other question, but just a thanks to the devs for this coin with a conscience!
oliwer21

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:46:57 PM

Two things:

But he never said anything about money...
Maybe he cares about all planet and he dont want to our pc generate to much co2 where they can not.
Think of all this multicore cpus, they waste their power, they run 100% usage and do the same work like 4 core cpu.
On the other hand you should apologize him, he show you the problem. I think there are people on pool that knew that before and even dont bother to share with this to community, they also kill the planet.
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 10:49:25 PM

Two things:

Just my 2 cents, but I think keeping the way mining works a secret will backfire and bring in the exact type of people in that you do not want mining this coin.  All it will take is someone to figure out the secret to the ultimate optimization, not tell anyone else, then saturate the network hashrate.  With a small coin like this you would open the possibility of a 51% attack.  Inblue has already posted the anomaly of multiple daemons performing better than one.  Its true the community is not about making people rich, but with the decentralized nature, anyone can be involved.  Just keep in mind that without miners the blockchain becomes insecure.
znffal

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:50:12 PM

Hi all,

I'm completely new to mining but was given a comp with an i5 and 6Gb of RAM so I thought I'd give it a try. Really like the charity aspect of biblepay so I want to do this. I have a few questions, if you would be so kind as to help me.

1. Is there any plans for being able to buy Biblepay coin via the website? Other coins have done this. We could add a 10% fee and donate that to the charity. Currently I cannot buy because I only trade at Cryptopia.

2. Apart from the excellent use for charity, how will this coin be used? I could imagine a really great way would be to try to get some charities to accept donations in biblepay coin. Or some big Christian online retailers to accept for goods and services. That would really be something I would like to see.

3. Regarding mining, I am new. Is there any security concerns with mining? Apart from the excellent instructions to set up the miner, should I be doing anything else with my PC to protect myself?

5. No other question, but just a thanks to the devs for this coin with a conscience!

I don't know how difficult it would be to get listed on cryptopia but that is by far one of the best exchanges for this coin to get listed to and they list lots of new coins.

Looks like you have to pay a fee
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia

Looks to be around $2500 USD
p3ppymon

Activity: 700
Merit: 254

View Profile
October 02, 2017, 11:54:24 PM

Hi all,

I don't know how difficult it would be to get listed on cryptopia but that is by far one of the best exchanges for this coin to get listed to and they list lots of new coins.

Looks like you have to pay a fee
https://www.cryptopia.co.nz/Paytopia

Looks to be around $2500 USD

Yeah, that is a typical amount in order to due diligence and get started. Then, there are lots of other features which don't come for free as well. However, the coin would have a major boost if traded on that platform.
616westwarmoth

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 01:45:30 AM

Spreading the trading thin on multiple exchanges is not good for a small volume coin.  Additionally, since the coin is so young and things change from time to time, exchanges look down on having to go offline to redo mandatory wallets.  The thing that has been talked about is after Masternodes (Sanctuaries) go online in late December, the Dev (well, the DAO at that point) will look at adding more exchanges.  Hopefully by then, volume/pricing will be sufficient to maintain a healthy trade on more than one exchange.  Right now with the price hovering at 11 to 13 satoshi it takes a lot of volume to make it worth an exchange's time.  We are getting by on C-Cex since they consider us a charity style coin and not quite subject to their normal rules.  The hope is that Masternodes will be the jump start to move this coin forward to the point where it becomes reasonable to be on more than one exchange.

▄    BIBLEPAY    ▄    The Cryptocurrency for Christians    ▄     BIBLEPAY   
   Reddit      ANN Page      Biblepay Forum  
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
znffal

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 02:16:05 AM

Spreading the trading thin on multiple exchanges is not good for a small volume coin.  Additionally, since the coin is so young and things change from time to time, exchanges look down on having to go offline to redo mandatory wallets.  The thing that has been talked about is after Masternodes (Sanctuaries) go online in late December, the Dev (well, the DAO at that point) will look at adding more exchanges.  Hopefully by then, volume/pricing will be sufficient to maintain a healthy trade on more than one exchange.  Right now with the price hovering at 11 to 13 satoshi it takes a lot of volume to make it worth an exchange's time.  We are getting by on C-Cex since they consider us a charity style coin and not quite subject to their normal rules.  The hope is that Masternodes will be the jump start to move this coin forward to the point where it becomes reasonable to be on more than one exchange.

That seems fair enough. I don't want to trade on C-Cex (at least not yet) and I don't think I can buy on the biblepay website, so I will try to get mining set up for now so I can get some of this coin.
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 04:02:52 AM

On fair use, it's unfortunately a pretty complex thing.  I used to work in the media, so I do know a bit of what I'm talking about here.  The issue would be at first, when the coin is small, there wouldn't be any problems.  Even if copyright / fair use was violated, it wouldn't be worth the time for a company to chase it down.  This would likely lead to bad habits becoming ingrained as it pertains to copyright and fair use.

The risk is lets say I word-for-word copy a news article today.  It becomes part of the block chain.  Five years from now, the DAO is bringing in $250,000 a year.  Some lawyer looks at our block chain, has the proof we violated copyright and sues the DAO (since they cannot identify the writer with ease, and ultimately, you sue who has the money).  They would likely win.  To avoid this, you'd have to have all the articles vetted.  This becomes a logistical nightmare.

Worse, if something untrue was reported, and it was done in a malicious way, the DAO could get sued for liable.  Since there would be no way to retract the article (immutable) the damages could be significant and ongoing.

The ultimate issue becomes, the block chain is immutable.  If something gets posted to a website, it can be changed, or deleted.  If the article itself is the block chain, there is no easy way to fix errors.

Well said. I'm not taking anyone's side, but this seems reasonable.

Yeah, I sort of agree with West's opinion on this now.  I was researching DAO lawsuits earlier today, and it seemed that there is a 'potential' of a DAO being sued, if the jurisdiction could be proven.   Id lean towards not providing a tool for someone to commit copyright infringement.  However, it could be argued the DAO didnt submit the article but the user submitted the article.  Maybe we need an attorney, a copyright or patent attorney to jump on and tell us how we could protect ourselves as a DAO from such a risk.  Could it be a checkbox before an article is submitted releasing the DAO from liability?

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 04:08:11 AM

Two things:

Just my 2 cents, but I think keeping the way mining works a secret will backfire and bring in the exact type of people in that you do not want mining this coin.  All it will take is someone to figure out the secret to the ultimate optimization, not tell anyone else, then saturate the network hashrate.  With a small coin like this you would open the possibility of a 51% attack.  Inblue has already posted the anomaly of multiple daemons performing better than one.  Its true the community is not about making people rich, but with the decentralized nature, anyone can be involved.  Just keep in mind that without miners the blockchain becomes insecure.

There are no secrets here- all the code is public on github.

Inblue posted an anomaly that is less than I expected in percentage.  We are Expected to be a coin that is mined from single Hosts vs CPUs, as we utilize the Node more than the processor itself.

I dont buy the 51% attack even at this level, we have over 1000 miners on the pool alone.  We had a fair launch, we are as distributed as you can get.  We require Non asic and Non GPU hardware, so we are even more decentalized than bitcoin.  Since we have full nodes, we already have more external public nodes per user.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2017, 04:10:29 AM

That seems fair enough. I don't want to trade on C-Cex (at least not yet) and I don't think I can buy on the biblepay website, so I will try to get mining set up for now so I can get some of this coin.
I dont think we can offer website trading due to trading regulations per county, except, we can offer a free faucet.  Im going to eventually airdrop 1 million BBP through a google campaign, as long as the user downloads the wallet, eventually when I get a chance.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
nsummy

Activity: 1179
Merit: 131

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:28:15 AM

Two things:

There are no secrets here- all the code is public on github.

Inblue posted an anomaly that is less than I expected in percentage.  We are Expected to be a coin that is mined from single Hosts vs CPUs, as we utilize the Node more than the processor itself.

I dont buy the 51% attack even at this level, we have over 1000 miners on the pool alone.  We had a fair launch, we are as distributed as you can get.  We require Non asic and Non GPU hardware, so we are even more decentalized than bitcoin.  Since we have full nodes, we already have more external public nodes per user.

I realize its all public on github, but 99.9% of miners out there aren't coders and most people aren't going to spend hours analyzing source code.  I doubt a 51% attack will happen but that is an extreme example.  Either way I think it would be beneficial to maybe post what conditions provide the best hash rate.  You would get less complaints and questions.
nananaminer

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 04:29:40 AM
Last edit: October 03, 2017, 04:43:43 AM by nananaminer

Spreading the trading thin on multiple exchanges is not good for a small volume coin.  Additionally, since the coin is so young and things change from time to time, exchanges look down on having to go offline to redo mandatory wallets.  The thing that has been talked about is after Masternodes (Sanctuaries) go online in late December, the Dev (well, the DAO at that point) will look at adding more exchanges.  Hopefully by then, volume/pricing will be sufficient to maintain a healthy trade on more than one exchange.  Right now with the price hovering at 11 to 13 satoshi it takes a lot of volume to make it worth an exchange's time.  We are getting by on C-Cex since they consider us a charity style coin and not quite subject to their normal rules.  The hope is that Masternodes will be the jump start to move this coin forward to the point where it becomes reasonable to be on more than one exchange.

I dont think we can offer website trading due to trading regulations per county, except, we can offer a free faucet.  Im going to eventually airdrop 1 million BBP through a google campaign, as long as the user downloads the wallet, eventually when I get a chance.

@bible_pay What are your thoughts on connecting Biblepay with Bitcoin/Litecoin through a lightening network. Will offer a p2p option to deposit and buy. as well as can make the coin an easy destination for charitable donations, one can setup, say 0.001 BTC to be donated every month via Biblepay and it can be ran it through the DAO.  What are the technical challenges and feasibility constraints?

Feel it can provide a more connected ecosystem with other established coins and also creating more value + exposure for Biblepay. I like Vertcoin's lightening network with litecoin as a means to make micro transactions, same way Biblepay can be setup for micro donations. Would like to hear the community's thoughts on this.

Edit: https://github.com/lightningnetwork/lnd
slovakia

View Profile
October 03, 2017, 06:23:08 AM

and again no answers why 2core got better results in mining like my 2x 10cores/20HT Intel Xeon 2630V4

biblepay beware beware on your announces ,this forum is strong tool for our miners: if wont be miners wont be BIBLEPAY ...

we want answer why 2core is better like 10core?

Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: