Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 05:27:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 164 »
  Print  
Author Topic: BiblePay - New Coin Launch - Official Thread  (Read 119795 times)
civilufo

Activity: 375
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:32:27 AM

Im having trouble with linux as well (Ubuntu 16.04)

==== References:
https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay/blob/master/BuildBiblePay.txt
https://michael.mckinnon.id.au/2016/05/13/building-a-namecoin-server-with-ubuntu-16-04/
https://github.com/bitcoin/bitcoin/blob/master/doc/build-unix.md

==== Step by Step Commands (not sure if this is all correct, please someone point out any issues)
sudo apt-get install g++
sudo apt install make
sudo apt-get install build-essential
sudo apt-get install autoconf libtool pkg-config
sudo apt-get install libboost-all-dev libssl-dev libevent-dev

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler

cd /home/yourname
git clone https://github.com/biblepay/biblepay

BP_ROOT=$(pwd)
BDB_PREFIX="${BP_ROOT}/db4"
mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX

wget 'http://download.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz'
echo '12edc0df75bf9abd7f82f821795bcee50f42cb2e5f76a6a281b85732798364ef  db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz' | sha256sum -c

tar -xzvf db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz
cd db-4.8.30.NC/build_unix
../dist/configure --enable-cxx --disable-shared --with-pic --prefix=$BDB_PREFIX
make install

cd $BP_ROOT
./autogen.sh
./configure LDFLAGS="-L${BDB_PREFIX}/lib/" CPPFLAGS="-I${BDB_PREFIX}/include/"
sudo make
===================

And then it freezes on last command sudo make, last output: 
  CXX      libbitcoin_server_a-init.o

Ive been waiting 20 minutes,
is it frozen?, did I do something wrong? or do I need to wait longer?
(Its just a one core machine Im testing/building on, I have very little Linux experience and almost no mining experience)

The very first compile takes over an hour on a fast machine as it has to build all the obj files and moc stuff for qt.

Wow, one hour is really lol... i never built a wallet with more than 30 minutes before. But I will try with togoshigekata method in my Ubuntu 16.04 later. Will update my status.

LilyCakes

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 04:42:33 AM

Why did I get a popup notification about an incoming transaction (block reward) but it's not showing up anywhere in my wallet nor in the explorer?? Why was I issued a block reward that disappeared? What is this.
happy_merchant

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:07:51 AM

Why did I get a popup notification about an incoming transaction (block reward) but it's not showing up anywhere in my wallet nor in the explorer?? Why was I issued a block reward that disappeared? What is this.

Is it in your immature balance?
LilyCakes

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:11:21 AM

Nope.
happy_merchant

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:16:58 AM

Nope.

Open the debug console, type getwalletinfo and post it here. Also type listtransactions and post the transaction.

--edit--
Meant getwalletinfo, not getmininginfo
LilyCakes

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:25:25 AM

Nope.

Open the debug console, type getwalletinfo and post it here. Also type listtransactions and post the transaction.

--edit--
Meant getwalletinfo, not getmininginfo

{
  "walletversion": 61000,
  "balance": 0.00000000,
  "unconfirmed_balance": 0.00000000,
  "immature_balance": 0.00000000,
  "txcount": 1,
  "keypoololdest": 1502323227,
  "keypoolsize": 1015,
  "keys_left": 1025,
  "paytxfee": 0.00000000
}

[
  {
    "account": "",
    "address": "BCGn9AzpeM2Q1GccM64a4rJr3jvRhFWdFC",
    "category": "orphan",
    "amount": 19936.00000000,
    "vout": 0,
    "confirmations": 0,
    "bcconfirmations": 0,
    "generated": true,
    "trusted": false,
    "txid": "ada3fdb5102be983264c63a6b7dad91a1fb7f2903331f8eea45cfc0620d390e3",
    "walletconflicts": [
    ],
    "time": 1502334391,
    "timereceived": 1502334393,
    "bip125-replaceable": "unknown"
  }
]

Why is address BCGn9AzpeM2Q1GccM64a4rJr3jvRhFWdFC showing up? That's not mine...
happy_merchant

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:34:25 AM

Well, that would be why it's wasn't credited. It's pretty unusual, I don't think I've solo mined any orphan Biblepay blocks. Does getmininginfo show that you're on block 2488 right now?

As far as the address goes, that's normal. A new receiving address is generated whenever you receive a block reward. It all ends up in your wallet.
Bannedseller

Activity: 581

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:38:04 AM

I like this project BiblePay.
Hopefully soon this coin will go up and it will be since the dev is working very hard in the background. Good luck and hopfully soon it will be on bigger exchange
LilyCakes

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 05:47:03 AM

Well, that would be why it's wasn't credited. It's pretty unusual, I don't think I've solo mined any orphan Biblepay blocks. Does getmininginfo show that you're on block 2488 right now?

As far as the address goes, that's normal. A new receiving address is generated whenever you receive a block reward. It all ends up in your wallet.

So the wallet displays an incoming transaction popup for transactions that aren't actually being credited? That's pretty absurd...

Really discouraging to be informed that I've mined a block when that's not actually true. As a user, I don't want to be told about non-existent incoming transactions. Don't tease me, confuse me, and waste my time! Sheesh.
happy_merchant

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:02:08 AM

So the wallet displays an incoming transaction popup for transactions that aren't actually being credited? That's pretty absurd...

Really discouraging to be informed that I've mined a block when that's not actually true. As a user, I don't want to be told about non-existent incoming transactions. Don't tease me, confuse me, and waste my time! Sheesh.

Orphan blocks are something that happen in all blockchains, although you normally wouldn't notice if you're not solo mining. You might even have been mining a fork, so you wouldn't even be mining against the network hashing power of the main blockchain. Take a look at your getmininginfo and make sure your blockchain agrees with http://biblepay.inspect.network/
jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 06:35:24 AM

This is perfectly normal and happens in all coins. An orphan is a block that you solved and submitted to the network but someone else also solved a block at almost the same time and also submitted. Due to various reasons including latency the network receives and accepts the other miner's block and rejects yours. The block you solved then becomes an orphan. This is most prevelant when a coin launches and lots of blocks are solved in quick succession at low difficulty, but it can happen at any time.

Before you blame it on the dev, rather do things from your side like increase your internet speed but most of all your latency. Go fixed line or fibre or even better, mine in the cloud where the internet is super fast.
DirtyMiner

Activity: 48

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:23:04 AM

Every time I recompile from source I end up with version 1.0.7 not the latest, what am I missing/doing wrong?

I simply backed up the wallet, removed all trace of Biblepay and recompiled..

System is Linux Mint.

Finally, great coin, great project i'll be here for the long haul!
I think that is a rare issue, last time that happened to me I did a
git reset --hard HEAD
and then I was able to see the latest commit.  You should see 1.0.1.9 now.

Huh Still unable to solve this issue, also be aware I am a novice at linux.

Maybe someone else besides the main dev could help me out with this?

Make a new git clone and install correctly. There are tutorial thats works for biblepay too
https://michael.mckinnon.id.au/2016/05/13/building-a-namecoin-server-with-ubuntu-16-04/

Thanks for chipping in.

I have attempted to remove all trace of bible pay (biblepay & .biblepaycore in /home directory)

Then tried both reinstalling from source & from directly downloading the git source, everytime I reinstall it comes back at 1.0.1.7...

Hmm, you could either try deleting a lot of the .cpp files in /src, and doing a git, then comparing the hex hash from the git head at github.com/biblepay/biblepay (its 5fdd), and re-building.  It could be having trouble overwriting your files. Maybe you can chown user -R then redo the git, and recompile.  Anyway you can also try git clone master over again into a whole new directory - and obviously that should give you something to compare to isolate the problem.

Have tried everything and every time it still ends up compiling 1.0.1.7.

Will have to give up for now and will try again in a few days.

Will update if I figure out the problem.
Ginzink

Activity: 462
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 08:29:20 AM

The volume is quite low on C-Cex. Not much for sale either. 1,4 BTC would clear out sell orders and take price to 325 satoshi.
Good thing that the miners see that the current prices is not worth selling for, it will rise. As it is a bible coin im tempted to say "let there be light"  Cheesy
LilyCakes

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:10:09 AM

This is perfectly normal and happens in all coins. An orphan is a block that you solved and submitted to the network but someone else also solved a block at almost the same time and also submitted. Due to various reasons including latency the network receives and accepts the other miner's block and rejects yours. The block you solved then becomes an orphan. This is most prevelant when a coin launches and lots of blocks are solved in quick succession at low difficulty, but it can happen at any time.

Before you blame it on the dev, rather do things from your side like increase your internet speed but most of all your latency. Go fixed line or fibre or even better, mine in the cloud where the internet is super fast.

I get all that, but why is it necessary for the wallet client to tell me about a transaction that isn't actually incoming? Can it not tell that it was an orphan block and there's no incoming reward? Are all crypto wallets like this when solo mining an orphan block?
gigabyted

Activity: 906
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 10:27:36 AM

I get all that, but why is it necessary for the wallet client to tell me about a transaction that isn't actually incoming? Can it not tell that it was an orphan block and there's no incoming reward? Are all crypto wallets like this when solo mining an orphan block?

Yes all coins are like this, this is by design with blockchains.  The whole point is your wallet doesn't know its a Orphan until the network rejects it, because someone found a block at the same time.
civilufo

Activity: 375

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:04:57 AM

==== References:

==== Step by Step Commands (not sure if this is all correct, please someone point out any issues)
sudo apt-get install g++
sudo apt install make

sudo apt-get install libqt5gui5 libqt5core5a libqt5dbus5 qttools5-dev qttools5-dev-tools libprotobuf-dev protobuf-compiler

cd /home/yourname

BP_ROOT=$(pwd)
mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX

echo '12edc0df75bf9abd7f82f821795bcee50f42cb2e5f76a6a281b85732798364ef  db-4.8.30.NC.tar.gz' | sha256sum -c

make install

cd $BP_ROOT
./autogen.sh
sudo make
===================

(Its just a one core machine Im testing/building on, I have very little Linux experience and almost no mining experience)

The very first compile takes over an hour on a fast machine as it has to build all the obj files and moc stuff for qt.

Wow, one hour is really lol... i never built a wallet with more than 30 minutes before. But I will try with togoshigekata method in my Ubuntu 16.04 later. Will update my status.

Okay, I managed to build the wallet successfully. But it is not the gui version, or maybe I overlook it? How to build for the qt GUI wallet?

jc12345
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1013

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:07:29 AM

==== References:

sudo apt-get install g++
sudo apt install make

cd /home/yourname

BP_ROOT=$(pwd)
mkdir -p $BDB_PREFIX

make install

cd $BP_ROOT
./autogen.sh
sudo make
===================

Okay, I managed to build the wallet successfully. But it is not the gui version, or maybe I overlook it? How to build for the qt GUI wallet?

If all your qt dependencies are there then look in biblepay/src/qt for the qt binary.
ACP

Activity: 612
Merit: 520

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 11:41:06 AM
Last edit: August 10, 2017, 12:05:41 PM by ACP

Why is god only valued at 30 satoshi?
I mean I will even have to buy some bags for cheap god
777 satoshi should be target ok , thank you.
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 12:52:47 PM

Why is god only valued at 30 satoshi?
I mean I will even have to buy some bags for cheap god
777 satoshi should be target ok , thank you.
I think some of the bigger whales are waiting on the sidelines to ensure we do what we say we will do: We will dump the orphan cold wallet, spend 100% on orphans, and provide an orphan database that is auditable on the expense side, then when they feel more comfortable that this is 100% legit I think we will get a lot more attention.  It should become very clear to them within 60 days.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
bible_pay (OP)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 215

Jesus is the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

View Profile WWW
August 10, 2017, 01:01:28 PM

So I was just looking over the interfaces at compassion.com (thats the org we started initially partnering with to sponsor orphans.  Each longest waiting child is $40 a month, btw.).  So I reached out to May the director of the region I am in, and she expressed interest in holding meetings with conf calls for IT integration (ideas like an API to sponsor an orphan, a query for the sponsored orphan list, etc). 

This morning, I found an interface where we can electronically write a letter (with pictures) to an orphan that we sponsor, and we can receive a list of incoming letters from the orphans who write to us.  I was thinking we should look into adding this ability to the wallet, so the community can take over this function.  (Since normally, to have a social media presence, we have someone manually manning twitter, facebook, and handling the correspondence between the orphans and the community.  (We would probably need one full time volunteer just to write to our orphans!).

So trying to do this in a more efficient way, if we clone our Send BBP page, and make a write to sponsored orphan page, we could make a multiline textbox with a space for a letter to a child, and let anyone on the blockchain write a letter to one of our current sponsored orphans, and shoot it through the Compassion API.  This may sound funny or rife for abuse, but otoh, its important, because these children are waiting for us and some are depressed, and just waiting for letters.  The interface is already there, and that would take one function off of a full time volunteer.  As far as receiving letters from our orphans back to the community, we could potentially insert those letters back in the chain and allow our community to view them in the wallet.

🕇 BiblePay 🕇
🕇  Announcement | ForumSlackDiscordRedditTwitter | SouthXChange  🕇
🕇 A Christian cryptocurrency | Supporting orphans through a decentralized autonomous charity 🕇
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 ... 164 »
  Print  

Jump to: