Bitcoin Forum
June 03, 2024, 02:55:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
ubercool

Activity: 1078
Merit: 504

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:57:48 AM

The concept of being you in a virtual world with all the data is a real thing now. Big companies just use them as they want and sell them. Great idea will be looking forward to it.
cantdecide

Activity: 336
Merit: 112

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:59:44 AM

I entered the Datum airdrop a few weeks or month ago, but I still don't know what Datum is. A data stock market?

an online marketplace based on the blockchain where you can sell your own generated data. as you know your data (likes, shopping behavior, demographic info, ...) is all very valuable. Data will allow you to sell the data that gets left behind, like secret likes, cash spendings, ... so that advertisers and researchers can get the best available information to target you as a consumer

Just realized that such data (shopping behaviour etc) has values. For me as individual, those data are worthless but after I read Datum's opening page, I got interested to know more about the benefit we can get from such data.

hopefully the benefit will be highly valuable. the concern I have is that my data as an individual isn't worth much. what is worth much is the aggregated data of millions of individuals.
They said "your data is worth $2000+ USD/year."
Hopefully that is true, and i think it will be like this : we sell our data one by one, and the buyer will buy many at once.

Well, it's somehow a lot for personal data. Can it be $2 or $20 per year? This is probably the buyer will buy an array of data for $2000 or 20k.

I think this 2000$ is just an approximate value to show you how much worth your data could have. It's probably up to what data you want to sell, what price a company want to pay and how hugh demand and offers are.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:15:21 AM

well, just for the brain thinking Smiley

1 company will not pay you directly 2k$ for your data, thats for sure, maybe 10 Cent or 1$, but you will get your ~2k$ by many companys aka data buyers altogether.
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:20:25 AM

1 company will not pay you directly 2k$ for your data, thats for sure, maybe 10 Cent or 1$, but you will get your ~2k$ by many companys aka data buyers altogether.

Will the companies have filters to select the data?
Lets say, comapany X is looking for people interested in Cars, so they buy the data from people who are interested in cars.

Very curious how the platform will work.
Is there a beta or a video walkthrough?
SEELE^^01

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:41:45 AM

Will the companies have filters to select the data?
Lets say, comapany X is looking for people interested in Cars, so they buy the data from people who are interested in cars.

Very curious how the platform will work.
Is there a beta or a video walkthrough?

obviously there will be a filter system integrated on the plattform, otherwise, a data buyer would be scared by the huge amount of data and would be having a hard time selecting those he needs.

honestly, dont know about an existing beta or video walktrough, but afaik a app is in the works.
ICO_Short_Seller

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:46:29 AM

Two questions:

1) How have you engaged industry stakeholders that currently hold data and would the the primary customers of your service?

2) Theo Valich made a number of claims in this article (http://www.index.hr/Vijesti/clanak/teo-valic-za-index-porezna-nam-je-zaustavila-projekt-na-kojem-bi-se-zaposlilo-1100-ljudi/883713.aspx) including that he had a Harvard EMBA. What's management's take on this?
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:05:39 AM

How do we know that Datum won't sell the users' personal data stored inside their BigchainDB and IPFS database to interested companies themselves?
Marenos

Activity: 312
Merit: 106

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:06:44 AM

If you sell all the tokens very quickly, then the beta version will be released earlier or in December?

I would say that one thing has nothing to do with the other thing. You can not work faster only because you have more money (;.
The timeframe of the project looks good, compare it with other projects.
levyashin

Activity: 980

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:19:40 AM

How do we know that Datum won't sell the users' personal data stored inside their BigchainDB and IPFS database to interested companies themselves?

I think there is a trust system in there.

We are trusting them to make an investment and users will trust them to they won't sell their personal data.

I don't think there is an actual way to know.

alphashotgun

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:51:27 AM

Nice project, waiting for the ICO

just because u are a newbe like me: are you planning to invest a little bit? i dont have a big ammount of eth yet but i am so tempted. what about you?
SEELE^^01

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:30:25 AM

We are trusting them to make an investment and users will trust them to they won't sell their personal data.

well, i did not read about a trust system or anything like that, but your personal data is encrypted and you give the data buyer your encryption key to decrypt it, what i have understood in the whitepaper.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:42:02 AM

I entered the Datum airdrop a few weeks or month ago, but I still don't know what Datum is. A data stock market?

an online marketplace based on the blockchain where you can sell your own generated data. as you know your data (likes, shopping behavior, demographic info, ...) is all very valuable. Data will allow you to sell the data that gets left behind, like secret likes, cash spendings, ... so that advertisers and researchers can get the best available information to target you as a consumer

Just realized that such data (shopping behaviour etc) has values. For me as individual, those data are worthless but after I read Datum's opening page, I got interested to know more about the benefit we can get from such data.

hopefully the benefit will be highly valuable. the concern I have is that my data as an individual isn't worth much. what is worth much is the aggregated data of millions of individuals.
They said "your data is worth $2000+ USD/year."
Hopefully that is true, and i think it will be like this : we sell our data one by one, and the buyer will buy many at once.

Well, it's somehow a lot for personal data. Can it be $2 or $20 per year? This is probably the buyer will buy an array of data for $2000 or 20k.

I think this 2000$ is just an approximate value to show you how much worth your data could have. It's probably up to what data you want to sell, what price a company want to pay and how hugh demand and offers are.

Well that depends on who you are. If you're someone who spends thousands a year going to sportsgames your data will be more valuable to sportsgame advertisers than your neighbours' who doesn't like sports. Facebook might sell both your data for the same price, because you both live close to the arena and because both of you like the local sportsteams on facebook. Basically because you know exactly what your data means, you're gonna be able to sell it at a more accurate price than facebook who can merely guess what you mean with your online behavior.

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
levyashin

Activity: 980

$CYBERCASH METAVERSE

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:47:17 PM

well, i did not read about a trust system or anything like that, but your personal data is encrypted and you give the data buyer your encryption key to decrypt it, what i have understood in the whitepaper.

Still, i believe if they want to abuse it, they can do. We can't control the system in every step. They can, so if you think they are legit and won't be a problem, that is my opinion of course.

magisterr

Activity: 1372
Merit: 259

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 12:52:55 PM

We can earn tokens by shares our data on facebook? Im understand right?
SEELE^^01

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:04:57 PM

Still, i believe if they want to abuse it, they can do. We can't control the system in every step. They can, so if you think they are legit and won't be a problem, that is my opinion of course.

well, to be honest, noone can control anything, not even the project himself. we as a customer have to trust the company, the company has to trust in his customers. even if the company is running on a trust premise, it can still hacked by a third party and every data is gone and sold on the darknet Smiley

there is no control of your data, in fact, you take it by yourself and log off the internet and stop sharing your data worldwide Smiley
theovalich

Activity: 63
Merit: 10

Entrepreneur and Tech Enthusiast

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 01:26:01 PM

Quite simple answer, really - you have the key and that data you share is yours and yours alone. There are business-2-business applications which we are starting to unveil - http://blog.datum.org/ is going to be a dynamic place over the next couple of weeks.

There are multiple layers of data sharing, from anonymity to being able to contact you directly.

The core idea of Datum is to offer you guys and girls - a choice to take back your "digital you". My colleagues can provide a detailed technical answer, but the short answer is - no way.
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:32:31 PM

Quite simple answer, really - you have the key and that data you share is yours and yours alone. There are business-2-business applications which we are starting to unveil - http://blog.datum.org/ is going to be a dynamic place over the next couple of weeks.

There are multiple layers of data sharing, from anonymity to being able to contact you directly.

The core idea of Datum is to offer you guys and girls - a choice to take back your "digital you". My colleagues can provide a detailed technical answer, but the short answer is - no way.

Thanks man, I love how active and responsive you guys are!

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
SEELE^^01

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:38:51 PM

like i said before, there should be a private key where you have to give it to your data buyer to decrypt your data Smiley

will there be a beta phase for the public to test it?
sockpuppet1911

Activity: 994
Merit: 278

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:39:32 PM

How do you plan to convince peoples of using these plat forms, and companies to use them ?

By platforms that are collecting our data? People are already using them.
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 01:50:58 PM

I think you can sell your personal datas for way more than this.

More than 10$ easily.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: