Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 10:47:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 197 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][ICO] 🌟🌟 Datum - Unlock the Bln $$ Data Economy - ICO 29th October - 🌟🌟  (Read 84825 times)
MiBambino

Activity: 644
Merit: 252

IMUSIFY - Award Winning Blockchain Music Tech

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:08:08 PM

well, just for the brain thinking Smiley

1 company will not pay you directly 2k$ for your data, thats for sure, maybe 10 Cent or 1$, but you will get your ~2k$ by many companys aka data buyers altogether.

I think you can sell your personal datas for way more than this.

More than 10$ easily.

If you have the right data for the company which want to buy, maybe yes.

But still I wonder, why should companies like Facebook or others stop selling our data themself? I mean, there are companies out there who collect everything they can get from us, they will not just stop selling it now.

they will not stop selling, but they are the middle men. If companies buy directly from end users, they wont need the middle men anymore. I love the idea Smiley

Facebook will buy from you as well, you know
Many companies will buy your data but best for me is that I could also decide that nobody will be allowed to buy my data.

Maybe I don't understand the project, but Datum won't/can't prevent facebook & co. from selling your data, right? This would mean, that I actually won't get back control of my data. So, even if I decide not to sell my data, whoever is interested in them, can still buy them from facebook + others.

You are right, if you back up your data to Datum, i guess you can sell it cheaper then social media sites do. Either that or let Facebook / twitter sell it to third parties and you'll get nothing. At least that's how i understood it anyway.

Exactly. It's not the data that facebook sells anyway, it's the actual real data. Have you noticed how some ads are not relevant for you? That's because facebook doesn't know everything. Now, once datum is up and running, facebook will want to get in on that, so they'll buy your data to give you relevant ads that you're actually interested in, so that 1. you'll be happier on facebook because you're not getting irrelevant ads, and 2. facebook advertisers will be happier because they're not spending money on irrelevant ads, 3. facebook will be happier because both parties are happier

imusify
  FacebookTwitterTelegramRedditANN  ❱ MediumGitHubYouTubeLinkedIN 
Award Winning Blockchain Music Platform
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
   ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
 ▗██▘                                        ▝██▖
 ██                                            ██
▐█▌                                            ▐█▌
██   █▌            ▐███▄▄                       ██
██                 ▐█▌ ▀██▄▄                    ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌    ▀▀██▄▄                ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌       ▄███               ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌   ▄▄██▀▀                 ██
██   █▌            ▐█▌▄███▀                     ██
██   ▀▘            ▐██▀▀                        ██
 ▝██▄                                        ▄██▘
   ▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Explainer
Video
Elkmar

Activity: 294
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:15:26 PM

WOW 5000 ETH is already raised. Interesting. Going to read whitepaper for more detail. project looks interesting

Hello, where did you see this ? I was looking for the details of the presale.
MiBambino

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:34:42 PM

WOW 5000 ETH is already raised. Interesting. Going to read whitepaper for more detail. project looks interesting

It's on their website, but there aren't a lot of details

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
wonderfullife

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 08:39:02 PM

Datum is a project that will please and talk to more than one, it is really cool to be able to be remunerated directly by sharing its data with a chosen actor, you know what you sell and you earn money.
Münzpräger

Activity: 1610
Merit: 362

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:00:42 PM

Interesting concept that actually could pay of the most in countries with tight data privacy laws.
Heimer

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:06:36 PM

The more they allocate for advertising, the more chances to become market leaders

definitely, I've seen plenty of ICO not raise enough money because of the lack of advertising. it's a shame, many good teams and projects went down.
Datum is quite hard to understand by casual investor. I'm hoping that there will be more ELI5 videos about this platform
Rigorous

Activity: 574
Merit: 115

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:09:07 PM

How do we know that Datum won't sell the users' personal data stored inside their BigchainDB and IPFS database to interested companies themselves?

Quite simple answer, really - you have the key and that data you share is yours and yours alone. There are business-2-business applications which we are starting to unveil - http://blog.datum.org/ is going to be a dynamic place over the next couple of weeks.

There are multiple layers of data sharing, from anonymity to being able to contact you directly.

The core idea of Datum is to offer you guys and girls - a choice to take back your "digital you". My colleagues can provide a detailed technical answer, but the short answer is - no way.

Thanks. I am starting to understand the bigger picture. I will look forward to the presentation of Datum's business-2-business applications.
niklasmato

Activity: 616
Merit: 263

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:11:06 PM

I'm looking in the website and the Whitepaper for some intormation I haven't found yet.
IF you want to become a storage provider it's not really clear how much storage you should be able to provide and what would the return of providing this storage be?
Is this all information to be determined?
armlock

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:25:16 PM

I'm looking in the website and the Whitepaper for some intormation I haven't found yet.
IF you want to become a storage provider it's not really clear how much storage you should be able to provide and what would the return of providing this storage be?

While there are a lot of ambiguities, but I think the developers will work hard and will report before ico

▄▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄
                  ▀▄▄█     ▀▀▀▀█   █
                   █  ▀▄▀▀▀▀▄▄▀▀▄▄▄▀
                  █   █      █   █
                 █    ▀▄    ▄▀    █
                █     ▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▄     █
               █    ▄▀        ▀▄    █
              █   ▄▀            ▀▄   █
█   ▄▀    ▄▀▀▀▀▀▄▀   █▄     █  █  ▀▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▄    ▄▀▀▀▄
█ ▄▀    ▄▀       ▀▄  █ █    █  █  ▄▀       ▀▄  ▀▄
██      █         █  █  ▀▄  █  █  █         █    ▀▄
█ ▀▄    ▀▄       ▄▀  █    █ █  █  ▀▄       ▄▀      █
█   ▀▄    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀    █     ▀█  █    ▀▄▄▄▄▄▀   ▀▄▄▄▄▀
THE WORLD'S MOST SECURE
CASH
& CRYPTO PLATFORM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
█████████████████████████████████
█████████████       █████████████
███████                   ███████
SWISS
MADE
FIEX

Activity: 630
Merit: 276

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:28:57 PM

The more they allocate for advertising, the more chances to become market leaders

definitely, I've seen plenty of ICO not raise enough money because of the lack of advertising. it's a shame, many good teams and projects went down.
Datum is quite hard to understand by casual investor. I'm hoping that there will be more ELI5 videos about this platform

I'm also trying to figure out how everything will work.
Its not easy but its sounds so great! I understand what the idea is but how everything will work is still something I need to figure out. Very interested in this platform!
MiBambino

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:32:09 PM

While there are a lot of ambiguities, but I think the developers will work hard and will report before ico

I believe they'll release a beta in q1 of 2018, and they'll probably adapt to whatever they find out about how much storage is needed/how it'll work.

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 09:37:47 PM

surely the project deserves the attention of large investors, 5k the ETH is just the beginning, I think they can come up to hard cap
skiorf

Activity: 812
Merit: 310

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:23:26 PM

surely the project deserves the attention of large investors, 5k the ETH is just the beginning, I think they can come up to hard cap
I agree, this project is very good and very feasible to be an investment ground because the project will run well. But should be promoted even harder.
SEELE^^01

Activity: 952
Merit: 137

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:32:10 PM

i can advise everyone to read the whitepaper first. it explains a lot how the trade between data provider and data buyer will be handled trough the dat tokens and so on.

please, take your time and read it Smiley
Heimer

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:35:15 PM

How long was pre-sale? On their site I seen, that pre=sale started from 11 August to 11 September...
And why so long delat between pre-sale and crowdsale?  Roll Eyes

A lot of teams raise money, through a pre ico, for advertising and further development. They probably wanted to have enough time to create a working product, hence why it takes over a month

hm.. may be you are right.. May be they looking for big parthner right now?
I missed pre-sale, but ill keep my eys to this project and waiting for sale  Roll Eyes

Projects as ambitious as this one need big partnerships to actually pull off what they're trying to create. The amount of computing power it needs is almost insane. That's also a reason why they do presales, the more money is made during the presale, the bigger hype is created for the ICO, the more attention the project gets, the easier it gets to form partnerships

Yees, Im agree... Big partnerships - more trust to project and more chance to success. If this really so - its nice  Smiley
Every big partnership is great news. I'm looking forward when they will introduce some big names
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:37:44 PM

Don't forget to subscribe to the official website and get a free coin. Thank the devs. The project looks promising.
MiBambino

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:40:25 PM

How long was pre-sale? On their site I seen, that pre=sale started from 11 August to 11 September...

A lot of teams raise money, through a pre ico, for advertising and further development. They probably wanted to have enough time to create a working product, hence why it takes over a month

I missed pre-sale, but ill keep my eys to this project and waiting for sale  Roll Eyes

Projects as ambitious as this one need big partnerships to actually pull off what they're trying to create. The amount of computing power it needs is almost insane. That's also a reason why they do presales, the more money is made during the presale, the bigger hype is created for the ICO, the more attention the project gets, the easier it gets to form partnerships

Yees, Im agree... Big partnerships - more trust to project and more chance to success. If this really so - its nice  Smiley
Every big partnership is great news. I'm looking forward when they will introduce some big names

it'll probably take a while, they won't release a beta in december so big names would probably wait until then

imusify
                                                                                                                     Backed By NEO

Explainer
Video
ParRus

Activity: 490
Merit: 104

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 10:58:07 PM

Don't forget to subscribe to the official website and get a free coin. Thank the devs. The project looks promising.
greatteager thanks for information! - "New! Earn 500 DAT Tokens, first 100 when you sign up below." I wonder how many people have already registered, will there be a table? or will notify by email?
greatteager

Activity: 420

View Profile
October 08, 2017, 11:02:17 PM

it'll probably take a while, they won't release a beta in december so big names would probably wait until then
I think that the ICO will end quickly and we will see a beta version in early December and a new partnership.
lvsca

Activity: 1792
Merit: 293

👉bit.ly/3QXp3oh | 🔥 Ultimate Launc

View Profile WWW
October 08, 2017, 11:26:23 PM

advertising is only bring in visitor, good plan is bring in investor.
if advertising team has great idea to promoting and Datum has good planning, allocation for advertising is not useless.

TONUP██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▄▄███████▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████▄░▄▄▀█████▀▄████▄
▄███████▄▀█▄▀██▀▄███████▄
█████████▄▀█▄▀▄██████████
██████████▄▀█▄▀██████████
██████████▀▄▀█▄▀█████████
▀███████▀▄██▄▀█▄▀███████▀
▀████▀▄█████▄▀▀░▀█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀███████▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████████▀▀█████▄
▄██████████▀▀█████▐████▄
██████▀▀████▄▄▀▀█████████
████▄▄███▄██▀█████▐██████
█████████▀██████████████
▀███████▌▐██████▐██████▀
▀███████▄▄███▄████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄███████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████▄
▄████▀▀███▀▀███▀▀██▀███▄
████▀███████▀█▀███▀█████
██████████████████████
████▄███████▄█▄███▄█████
▀████▄▄███▄▄███▄▄██▄███▀
▀█████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
JOIN NOW
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 197 »
  Print  

Jump to: